PDA

View Full Version : Any news out of the Manning camp?

Coach007
06-29-2019, 08:23 AM
I believe Stevens is there.

yjnkdawg
06-29-2019, 10:13 AM
Nine SEC quarterbacks were invited to be Camp Counselors at the MPA and Tommy Stevens was one of the invites and is participating.

msstate7
06-29-2019, 10:18 AM
Nine SEC quarterbacks were invited to be Camp Counselors at the MPA and Tommy Stevens was one of the invites and is participating.

Which 5 weren't?

yjnkdawg
06-29-2019, 10:24 AM
Which 5 weren't?

Florida, ARK, TAMU, Vandy and Auburn

msstate7
06-29-2019, 10:35 AM
Florida, ARK, TAMU, Vandy and Auburn

Weird that franks and mond weren't invited. I think they'll be 2 of the better QBs in the sec this season... well, of the group behind tua and Fromm

yjnkdawg
06-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Weird that franks and mond weren't invited. I think they'll be 2 of the better QBs in the sec this season; well, of the group behind tua and Fromm

Yep, but it was said that both would be invited in 2020 if they return for their senior season.

TUSK
06-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Tua ain't making it due to a "minor hamstring injury"....

MarketingBully
06-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Weird that franks and mond weren't invited. I think they'll be 2 of the better QBs in the sec this season... well, of the group behind tua and Fromm

You think Franks and Mond will be two of the top QBs in the SEC? Both are square pegs in round holes in the offenses they run.

Coach007
06-29-2019, 12:49 PM
You think Franks and Mond will be two of the top QBs in the SEC? Both are square pegs in round holes in the offenses they run.

I can't wait for next week. I want to see FOOTBALL news!

notsofarawaydawg
06-29-2019, 03:42 PM
Clarion Ledger reports that both Mannings are heaping praise on the thug QB from TSUN. Imagine that. I guess they've got him medicated during the camp.

msstate7
06-29-2019, 03:47 PM
Clarion Ledger reports that both Mannings are heaping praise on the thug QB from TSUN. Imagine that. I guess they've got him medicated during the camp.

I think the only marks against corral are his accuracy and attitude/antics. Dude is very talented, border line 5-star

Jack Lambert
06-29-2019, 04:27 PM

Probably should switch teams.

MarketingBully
06-29-2019, 04:29 PM
I think the only mark against corral is his accuracy and attitude/antics. Dude is very talented, border line 5-star

Borderline five star? Come on dude.

msstate7
06-29-2019, 05:07 PM
Borderline five star? Come on dude.

Composite .9690, #8 overall QB in 2017. He was a 5-star at one point

GreenheadDawg
06-29-2019, 05:46 PM

They better hope he is because that defense is going to be pee wee level.

DancingRabbit
06-29-2019, 05:55 PM

WTF is he doing in Oxford anyway?

msstate7
06-29-2019, 05:56 PM

Bc he's a DA. Talent isn't an issue, but his character is

bulldawg28
06-29-2019, 05:58 PM
Didn't Fitz go to this camp last year?

SailingDawg
06-29-2019, 06:04 PM

Because he got in trouble somewhere else. Why else does anyone end up in Oxford?

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/usc-quarterback-commit-matt-corral-leaves-oaks-christian-calif

KOdawg1
06-29-2019, 06:42 PM
I think the only mark against corral is his accuracy and attitude/antics.

And the fact that he's 5'9'', 170, but he thinks he's 6'4", 240

edited to add: he's not really 5'9, but he's not 6'1" like they have him listed as either

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2019, 06:45 PM

Watch what happens

He'll be a great kid and never cause any issues at OM but will commit a crime or fail a drug test within 6 months of his NFL career starting

They recruit bad kids and somehow, someway keep them out of trouble, but they fall right back into being bad kids once the leave the program.

It's simply amazing

KOdawg1
06-29-2019, 06:48 PM
They better hope he is because that defense is going to be pee wee level.

Their defense will be putrid for years to come, because they don't understand that no matter how many 4* receivers you sign or the headlines you make, you have to have good players to field a good defense. If you look at last year's and this year's class, they still haven't signed many who will make much of a difference.

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Watch what happens

He'll be a great kid and never cause any issues at OM but will commit a crime or fail a drug test within 6 months of his NFL career starting

They recruit bad kids and somehow, someway keep them out of trouble, but they fall right back into being bad kids once the leave the program.

It's simply amazing

That's because they are "all in" with both the local media and the police departments.

Compare that to Starkville where we have local media sitting by the police scanner "just doing their job" and policemen that "want to prove a point".

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 08:11 PM
And the fact that he's 5'9'', 170, but he thinks he's 6'4", 240

edited to add: he's not really 5'9, but he's not 6'1" like they have him listed as either

We'll settle at 5'11". He looks 5'10" to me because it looked like Jamal Peters had a good three inches on him when Corral "attacked" him.

I'm still amazed that the SEC officials screwed up and kicked the wrong players out of the game. It should have been Abram, Corral, and AJ that got ejected.

TUSK
06-29-2019, 08:16 PM
We'll settle at 5'11". He looks 5'10" to me because it looked like Jamal Peters had a good three inches on him when Corral "attacked" him.

I'm still amazed that the SEC officials screwed up and kicked the wrong players out of the game. It should have been Abram, Corral, and AJ that got ejected.

Me, too, Todd... especially considering they reviewed the thing (didn't they?)....

Hell, Corral came off the bench (without his helmet) to start shit, yes?

maroonmania
06-29-2019, 08:47 PM
That's because they are "all in" with both the local media and the police departments.

Compare that to Starkville where we have local media sitting by the police scanner "just doing their job" and policemen that "want to prove a point".

Yep, when local media think they "owe it to the public" to do the hard hitting reporting that a football player was ticketed for driving with an expired license then its gotten past the point of being ridiculous.

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 08:50 PM
Me, too, Todd... especially considering they reviewed the thing (didn't they?)....

Hell, Corral came off the bench (without his helmet) to start shit, yes?

Your memory serves you well. It's sad when the damn league get MSU and Ole Miss mixed up. Maybe if we had an interlocking MSU on the helmets that spelled it out for the SEC officials...

Yep, when local media think they "owe it to the public" to do the hard hitting reporting that a football player was ticketed for driving with an expired license then its gotten past the point of being ridiculous.

Nailed it. MSU is too nice for their own good sometimes.

Goldendawg
06-29-2019, 09:16 PM
Are we so "invested" in the MState emblem that we can't even bring the interlocking MSU out for a few special games? Best helmet ever!! Is it really owned by Nike and being used under their rights at Montana State University or Mars State University or some other unknown school never to be seen again at Mississippi State University???

mparkerfd20
06-29-2019, 10:21 PM
Are we so "invested" in the MState emblem that we can't even bring the interlocking MSU out for a few special games? Best helmet ever!! Is it really owned by Nike and being used under their rights at Montana State University or Mars State University or some other unknown school never to be seen again at Mississippi State University???

Yes. It will not be seen again in use at State.

Hambone
06-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Also, basically Ole Miss became one of his only few legitimate offers. Most schools pulled their offer

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2019, 09:47 AM
Tua ain't making it due to a "minor hamstring injury"....

You aint gonna like this but he has a lot to prove this season.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Really nothing to report. Stevens and the other college QBs are there as camp counselors not as participants. I think they have over 1200 high school players this year for training.

TUSK
06-30-2019, 10:49 AM
You aint gonna like this but he has a lot to prove this season.

Yeppers. Mostly, that he has the discipline to get rid of the ball in lieu of trying to score on every play by hanging on to the ball too long, imo.

msstate7
06-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Really nothing to report. Stevens and the other college QBs are there as camp counselors not as participants. I think they have over 1200 high school players this year for training.

Then what was the throwing event corral was a part of?

TUSK
06-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Then what was the throwing event corral was a part of?

The “Weak Right Hook”.

Liverpooldawg
06-30-2019, 11:30 AM

Only place that would take him. That isn't THAT much of an exaggeration either.

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2019, 11:31 AM
I think the only marks against corral are his accuracy and attitude/antics. Dude is very talented, border line 5-star

Come on dude

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2019, 11:31 AM
Yeppers. Mostly, that he has the discipline to get rid of the ball in lieu of trying to score on every play by hanging on to the ball too long, imo.

If I was yall I would be really concerned we lost the better QB

Homedawg
06-30-2019, 11:33 AM

It's actually not true at all. There's a ton of stuff you never see. If the police were so bad they'd have it on the front page the next day every time. Amazingly, that doesn't happen. Hmmm

Liverpooldawg
06-30-2019, 11:39 AM
Come on dude

The guy is very talented. He was committed to and had an offer from USC (west). He showed up for his recruiting visit stoned or something like that. There were other issues too They pulled his offer. He wound up at Florida and when Mullen came in about the first thing he did was cut him loose.

TUSK
06-30-2019, 11:53 AM
If I was yall I would be really concerned we lost the better QB

You lost me there, Bucky... But, I am a lil jacked up right now...

help me out...

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2019, 12:15 PM
You lost me there, Bucky... But, I am a lil jacked up right now...

help me out...

I would be worried that the best QB yall had is now at Oklahoma

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2019, 12:17 PM
The guy is very talented. He was committed to and had an offer from USC (west). He showed up for his recruiting visit stoned or something like that. There were other issues too They pulled his offer. He wound up at Florida and when Mullen came in about the first thing he did was cut him loose.

So we are all going to sit here and shit on and worry about Stevens not being any good but call OM's QB who's career highlight is making an ass out of himself and walking around like a 14 year old who's dad just grounded him a ''5 star talent''

Idk what to even say to you guys sometimes

TUSK
06-30-2019, 12:32 PM
I would be worried that the best QB yall had is now at Oklahoma

Ohhhhhhhh.... I gotcha, now... Thanks!

That's an interesting take, and one that I've thought about a good bit. I do know this, though. The Pre-2018 Hurts simply couldn't pass effectively with any consistency and he was a one read/run guy... and oft times, he'd miss wide open WRs... Tua was/is light years better than "that" Hurts...

Now, fast forward to the SECCG vs UGA... I had pretty decent seats for the "drive", and when Tua got his ankle stepped on, I turned to my date and said "We're dead."... The guy that came in was not the "old" Jalen... He made multiple reads, milked the pocket, threw some uncharacteristically accurate passes, and still had a killer run game...

My question is: Did Hurts get remarkably better under Enos(?) or was it a fluke???

I'd still take Tua over the 2018 Hurts, though... and probably any other QB I've seen... He just needs to learn to "give up" on the play every once & a while to avoid abuse...

Ari Gold
06-30-2019, 01:11 PM
Ohhhhhhhh.... I gotcha, now... Thanks!

That's an interesting take, and one that I've thought about a good bit. I do know this, though. The Pre-2018 Hurts simply couldn't pass effectively with any consistency and he was a one read/run guy... and oft times, he'd miss wide open WRs... Tua was/is light years better than "that" Hurts...

Now, fast forward to the SECCG vs UGA... I had pretty decent seats for the "drive", and when Tua got his ankle stepped on, I turned to my date and said "We're dead."... The guy that came in was not the "old" Jalen... He made multiple reads, milked the pocket, threw some uncharacteristically accurate passes, and still had a killer run game...

My question is: Did Hurts get remarkably better under Enos(?) or was it a fluke???

I'd still take Tua over the 2018 Hurts, though... and probably any other QB I've seen... He just needs to learn to "give up" on the play every once & a while to avoid abuse...

Also when he goes into the medical tent on the sidelines Momma Tua needs to remain in the stands...

msbulldog
06-30-2019, 01:29 PM
Only place that would take him. That isn't THAT much of an exaggeration either.

Hell Mullen took back Corral's offer. Now that is bad!

TUSK
06-30-2019, 01:46 PM
Also when he goes into the medical tent on the sidelines Momma Tua needs to remain in the stands...

Yeah, I think parents should mostly stay out of the way unless it's a life threatening type thing... But I'm not a parent so I usually give those who are the benefit of the doubt...

It's not really an issue worthy of discussion, so I'll defer...

Lord McBuckethead
06-30-2019, 08:53 PM
Hell Mullen took back Corral's offer. Now that is bad!

The only questionable guy i remember Mullen taking a flyer on was quay evans. Some would put Simmons one that list, but everyone and I mean everyone vouched for that kid coming out of school. Finebaum and everyone else was just pissed and wanted him at their school.

Quay on the other hand had issues every step of the way, but Mullen needed a splash.

Todd4State
07-01-2019, 12:34 AM
The only questionable guy i remember Mullen taking a flyer on was quay evans. Some would put Simmons one that list, but everyone and I mean everyone vouched for that kid coming out of school. Finebaum and everyone else was just pissed and wanted him at their school.

Quay on the other hand had issues every step of the way, but Mullen needed a splash.

Exactly. Dan did not like or want anyone with any baggage on the team. He barely tolerated Josh Robinson.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Back to the original topic

https://twitter.com/jimnagy_sb/status/1145692191509098496?s=21

msstate7
07-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Back to the original topic

https://twitter.com/jimnagy_sb/status/1145692191509098496?s=21

Well that's certainly encouraging.

ETA... has any qb there been critiqued? I haven't saw many tweets from the camp, but all have been positive. I'd like to see a few that aren't so positive... it'd make the positives more encouraging

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Well that's certainly encouraging.

ETA... has any qb there been critiqued? I haven't saw many tweets from the camp, but all have been positive. I'd like to see a few that aren't so positive... it'd make the positives more encouraging

Just looked through his timeline and Stevens is the only QB he tweeted about. Maybe he is just giving the guy some publicity but it wasn't like he went down the list of QBs at the Manning Camp and talked about each one.