PDA

View Full Version : The Rebels aren't going to extend Bianco's contract..............

Liverpooldawg
06-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Are they dumb or just plain stupid?

TrapGame
06-27-2019, 04:09 PM
They're going after Corbin.***

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Are they dumb or just plain stupid?

We'll have to see how it plays out.

I don't disagree with this decision by them because the point of having an athletics program is to win championships &, if the current guy ain't winning them, then you've got to take measures even if they may backfire.

Sure, they could piss Bianco off & he leaves & they can't hire a better coach, but you can't run an athletic department or coach in fear. You have to do both with the idea of winning championships, not worrying about worse case scenario.

Honestly, if MSU were in the same position, I'd hope we do the same thing.

We kind of did the same thing with Mullen a few years ago when we didn't extend him. Did it piss him off & make him leave? IDK, but he was lazy after Dak. The lack of an extension did motivate him to load up the roster with JUCOs, which gave us a chance.

The point is the win championships. Not to worry about worse case scenario.

I hope this decision backfires on Ole Miss & causes their baseball program to go to hell, but the result doesn't mean the process was wrong. I think they did the right thing here.

msbulldog
06-27-2019, 04:54 PM
The interim Chancellor and Ad don't have the stones to make a major decision. They fear the backlash now or in the future. The good thing is that this can't help their recruiting, every competitor will use this against them. HOTTY TODDY THAT!

shannondawg
06-27-2019, 05:01 PM

Corbin is neither stupid or dumb. He ain't leaving, it would break the whistler's heart.

msbulldog
06-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Corbin is neither stupid or dumb. He ain't leaving, it would break the whistler's heart.

I wish it would break the whistlers lips!

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2019, 05:17 PM
The interim Chancellor and Ad don't have the stones to make a major decision. They fear the backlash now or in the future. The good thing is that this can't help their recruiting, every competitor will use this against them. HOTTY TODDY THAT!

Agree, but baseball recruiting is so far in advance, all the players this could/would effect are already committed.

msbulldog
06-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Agree, but baseball recruiting is so far in advance, all the players this could/would effect are already committed.

True that Gun, but commits can always can decommit.

Homedawg
06-27-2019, 05:41 PM
The difference between this and Mullen is Mullen won 5 regular season games. Bianco was the number 12 national seed. He built there program and those dumbasses are delusional thinking they are or should be a top 5 program. Fire him,,,, please!!! Now I do understand the lack of an extension in the sense that they have two interim "leaders" but still.

Skydawg1
06-27-2019, 05:41 PM
I wish it would break the whistlers lips!I think he whistles through his teeth, or something. His grill puts Gary Busey to shame.

Todd4State
06-27-2019, 06:21 PM
The difference between this and Mullen is Mullen won 5 regular season games. Bianco was the number 12 national seed. He built there program and those dumbasses are delusional thinking they are or should be a top 5 program. Fire him,,,, please!!! Now I do understand the lack of an extension in the sense that they have two interim "leaders" but still.

I thought we didn't extend Dan after 2015 when we won 9 games?

But your point is still taken.

MedDawg
06-27-2019, 07:47 PM

It's a done deal as soon as OM's endowment gets to 4 billion dollars.

Tbonewannabe
06-27-2019, 08:08 PM
I think it is a reaction to us getting back on top. They were delusional and thought that because Polk let the program drop off for a few years that they were top dog now.

It would be like if Gus got them knocking on the door consistently from getting in the playoff. Auburn hasn't ever been consistently there but because Bama is, that is there standard.

Other than baseball for the last 100 years, MSU and UM have been fairly close in accomplishments. UM football in the 60s and MSU basketball in the 60s and 90s are about the only time. Baseball has had a big difference. Bianco has closed the gap more than any other coach in their history and he benefited from us putting our head in our ass. No longer, we are on the upswing with the best facilities in college baseball with a great coaching staff.

All UM can do is hope Lemonis gets a texting problem.

Todd4State
06-27-2019, 09:31 PM
I think it is a reaction to us getting back on top. They were delusional and thought that because Polk let the program drop off for a few years that they were top dog now.

It would be like if Gus got them knocking on the door consistently from getting in the playoff. Auburn hasn't ever been consistently there but because Bama is, that is there standard.

Other than baseball for the last 100 years, MSU and UM have been fairly close in accomplishments. UM football in the 60s and MSU basketball in the 60s and 90s are about the only time. Baseball has had a big difference. Bianco has closed the gap more than any other coach in their history and he benefited from us putting our head in our ass. No longer, we are on the upswing with the best facilities in college baseball with a great coaching staff.

All UM can do is hope Lemonis gets a texting problem.

It's 110% a reaction to us being on top. And us kicking their ass in baseball the past four years hasn't helped.

And I think they're embarrassed that their number one rated recruiting class was completely owned by us and now most of them are going pro without winning a Governor's Cup or beating us in Oxford.

They need to be careful because the odds of them screwing this up are fairly high.

What they did is very passive aggressive. Basically they're telling him that they're not happy with him but at the same time they also know that they will look like idiots for firing him. Kind of makes me wonder if that's what would have happened had they not had their Super Regional run this year.

RougeDawg
06-27-2019, 10:34 PM
It's 110% a reaction to us being on top. And us kicking their ass in baseball the past four years hasn't helped.

And I think they're embarrassed that their number one rated recruiting class was completely owned by us and now most of them are going pro without winning a Governor's Cup or beating us in Oxford.

They need to be careful because the odds of them screwing this up are fairly high.

What they did is very passive aggressive. Basically they're telling him that they're not happy with him but at the same time they also know that they will look like idiots for firing him. Kind of makes me wonder if that's what would have happened had they not had their Super Regional run this year.

I?m not sure they have to worry about looking like idiots. All modern thesauruses have ?OM Fans? as a synonym for idiots.

DawgFromOxford
06-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Y'all are reading too much into this. They have an interim AD and chancellor. No interim is about to make that decision that the next hired guy has to live with. Does it help in recruiting against them? Absolutely. Is it indicative of what they are going to do as a program? No.

Lord McBuckethead
06-28-2019, 01:20 PM
That reminds me, someone should put orajel on that dudes cups.

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Y'all are reading too much into this. They have an interim AD and chancellor. No interim is about to make that decision that the next hired guy has to live with. Does it help in recruiting against them? Absolutely. Is it indicative of what they are going to do as a program? No.

I think it shows the lack of faith the administration has in Bianco getting them to Omaha even though he has half the trips they have ever made. I will say that Cohen didn't extend Mullen and at the time it didn't make sense from someone that didn't have any knowledge of the situation. Not sure if Bianco is damaging his recruiting and end of year season by shopping himself every year but you just don't know exactly what is happening.

TrapGame
06-28-2019, 02:13 PM
I think he whistles through his teeth, or something. His grill puts Gary Busey to shame.

They're false teeth. My grandfather could do the same thing. It was loud as shit.

Johnson85
06-28-2019, 03:59 PM

Possibly, but it's pretty easy to avoid the bad optics if you are not trying to send Bianco a message that you're unhappy. If you really just don't want to make a meaningful long term decision until the next AD and chancellor are there, you go to Bianco and explain the situation and offer to extend his contract another year, with the same size raise he was getting from the 3rd to 4th year of his current contract, but with the terms of the buyout staying the same. Basically still gives him the benefit for recruiting and doesn't tie the next administration's hands at all. And you are basically in the same position next year as if you hadn't done the extension at all, and you can negotiate a real 4 year deal at that point. And hell, that approach even works if they are pissed with Bianco's performance and they want to send a message. The message is essentially "we're not going to handicap you in recruiting, but you're not getting a real extension."

The only reason to not do an extension like that is if they are incompetent, Bianco refused it (or they had good reason to believe he would refuse it), or if they want to send a message to their fans that they are holding Bianco's feet to the fire. I'm guessing it's the latter.

timotheus
06-28-2019, 06:53 PM
Currently Mike is the most powerful individual employed at that place. There is nobody there with the nuts to tell him that they are holding his feet to the fire. Carter is like a high school kid who just loves to rub elbows with the "right folks". Oh well, it looks like nothing is going to change there. I convinced myself.

yjnkdawg
06-29-2019, 10:18 AM

THIS

timotheus
06-29-2019, 11:00 AM
nobody is in charge. I just spoke to a high and mighty alum and he is pissed about it. LOL

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 12:32 PM

That would have been the easy thing for Carter to say. However him coming out and basically saying that Bianco needs to get to Omaha more consistently suggests otherwise. Followed up with "we want Mike to succeed and will do everything we can to help him get there."

All of that says dissatisfaction with his job performance.

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 12:35 PM
After thinking about this plus seeing the statement Carter put out I bet this is Bianco's last year there. He loses a ton off of this year's team and his son is a senior in high school this year if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if he just leaves on his own.

Liverpooldawg
06-29-2019, 02:51 PM
We'll have to see how it plays out.

I don't disagree with this decision by them because the point of having an athletics program is to win championships &, if the current guy ain't winning them, then you've got to take measures even if they may backfire.

Sure, they could piss Bianco off & he leaves & they can't hire a better coach, but you can't run an athletic department or coach in fear. You have to do both with the idea of winning championships, not worrying about worse case scenario.

Honestly, if MSU were in the same position, I'd hope we do the same thing.

We kind of did the same thing with Mullen a few years ago when we didn't extend him. Did it piss him off & make him leave? IDK, but he was lazy after Dak. The lack of an extension did motivate him to load up the roster with JUCOs, which gave us a chance.

The point is the win championships. Not to worry about worse case scenario.

I hope this decision backfires on Ole Miss & causes their baseball program to go to hell, but the result doesn't mean the process was wrong. I think they did the right thing here.

We did it once, in basketball. I don't want to do it again.

State82
06-29-2019, 03:10 PM
That would have been the easy thing for Carter to say. However him coming out and basically saying that Bianco needs to get to Omaha more consistently suggests otherwise. Followed up with "we want Mike to succeed and will do everything we can to help him get there."

All of that says dissatisfaction with his job performance.

This just hit me. If they have as much stroke as they think they have maybe they can get something done about Vandy's advantage and help all of us. Mike and Chris both. I would be willing to go head to head with them if we could negate Vandy's unfair advantage together.

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 03:58 PM
We did it once, in basketball. I don't want to do it again.

It wouldn't have happened if our AD hadn't gotten in the way. /Hijack

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 04:00 PM
This just hit me. If they have as much stroke as they think they have maybe they can get something done about Vandy's advantage and help all of us. Mike and Chris both. I would be willing to go head to head with them if we could negate Vandy's unfair advantage together.

The best way I think to negate that is for all of the other SEC schools to band together and end it. I think that could be very possible. MSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas at the very least would be in on it- and highly very likely Tennessee would be in it too. Actually to be honest I think everyone in the SEC would be in on it other than Vanderbilt.

At this point I feel like it's going to be more effective to try to regulate it on a league wide level vs. waiting for the NCAA to allow 25 scholarships.

Homedawg
06-29-2019, 04:15 PM
The best way I think to negate that is for all of the other SEC schools to band together and end it. I think that could be very possible. MSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas at the very least would be in on it- and highly very likely Tennessee would be in it too. Actually to be honest I think everyone in the SEC would be in on it other than Vanderbilt.

At this point I feel like it's going to be more effective to try to regulate it on a league wide level vs. waiting for the NCAA to allow 25 scholarships.

To are gonna wait until hell freezes over on 25 scholarships. You think they are gonna go to 25, yet had a vote on a third paid coach? Which costs way less to each school? It ain't happening

State82
06-29-2019, 04:17 PM

I agree. Waiting on the NCAA will be fruitless. Although they are becoming like the Bama of baseball in the SEC, I don't think Vandy has the stroke in baseball that Bama has in football with regards to the conference office. It's time MSU, UM, Arky, SC, UT, UF steps up and squashes this BS.

This is why anyone pulling for Vandy Wednesday night that wasn't a Vandy fan already was out of their mind. That was just stupid. Just because they are an SEC school??? 17 that.

Todd4State
06-29-2019, 04:51 PM
To are gonna wait until hell freezes over on 25 scholarships. You think they are gonna go to 25, yet had a vote on a third paid coach? Which costs way less to each school? It ain't happening

That's why I am saying the best way to negate their advantage is to go through the league than the NCAA.

I agree. Waiting on the NCAA will be fruitless. Although they are becoming like the Bama of baseball in the SEC, I don't think Vandy has the stroke in baseball that Bama has in football with regards to the conference office. It's time MSU, UM, Arky, SC, UT, UF steps up and squashes this BS.

This is why anyone pulling for Vandy Wednesday night that wasn't a Vandy fan already was out of their mind. That was just stupid. Just because they are an SEC school??? 17 that.

The good thing about Vandy winning is it makes their advantage more apparent and thus weakens any argument that "it doesn't matter."