PDA

View Full Version : What will you need to see tonight for a mindset change?

RougeDawg
10-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Just wondering, other than a win, what people must see during tonight's game to change their outlook on the remaining 5 games? If you look at our 3 losses, those teams are a combined 17-4 thus far. I know we shit he bed at auburn and played like ass against BG, but trying to bring some perspective on the season up to this point by realizing we have lost 3 games to 3 pretty damn good team

I'm not happy or satisfied, but I look at the remaining 6 and think we should win UK and ARK. And we should win 2 of 3 out of A&M, USC, and OM. Bama is the only long shot. We should get to 6 wins at minimum with chance to get 7-8.

I doth think we can get to 6-7 wins if we split QB snaps 50/50. Dak needs a minimum of 75% of the snaps to ensure continuity of offense and our nest chance to win. Loyalty works with family and friends but not in winning football. It's time for Dan to play to win and leave the loyalty to things away from the football field. I also think we need to start hitting the edges with our speed players, on misdirections, jet sweeps, swing passes, and end arounds. Im also hoping that the addition of Redmond will help fill the void on defense as he gains more experience. We also need to start blitzing more. I've always said that pressure on a college QB will work out better than letting him sit in the pocket and pick you apart. Defense has a better chance to be successful if QB if forced to make a quick decision than having to rely on DBs to stay with receivers 5-8 seconds.

If spelling is ****ed up, I'm on phone, on my way up to game.

Dawgface
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Everyone playing with 'relentless' effort for 4 quarters. And a win of course.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
a loss

engie
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Nothing Mullen can do tonight changes my mind one way or the other. He always beats UK. He gets the chance to actually prove something in Columbia, Sc next Saturday and College Station, Tx the week after.

And for the love of all that's holy, get some visits scheduled.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
This should be an easy win for us tonight. SHOULD be. It would be a job to not win.

As for what I need to see to change my mind, first I would need to explain my position. We lower our odds of winning with Dak in. I'm not saying he can't have an excellent game here or there, but over all, he lowers our chances. He can not win with his arm and that's just being honest. For me to change my mindset, he has to trust Russell, and play Dak somewhat. The play calling has to remain just like it is now with Russel in too. We have a run game problem because of play calling.

Want to impress me, put both Dak and Russell in at the same time. Take some chances.

PMDawg
10-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Start looking like he knows how to coach offense again. Build on the scheme from the first play to the last play. Instead of running the same version of the zone read, add to it all night. I don't want to be blocking for and running the exact same versions of the counter and/or zone read in the 4th quarter that I saw in the 1st. Coach hard the whole game. When a db inevitably gets burned deep (I'm looking at you Whitley and Cox), chew his ass and bench him for a few plays. Tell him how to do it right the next time, get him jacked up, and send him back out there. When he does it right next time, be the first one to congratulate him on the sideline. Chest bump him or high five him or something. Don't just stand there chewing on the play card. Get in a referees face. Eat thunder and crap lightening. Piss excellence. Look like you give a flying **** Mullen. In other words: BE A COACH! That's it. That's all I'm looking for. Haha

hacker
10-24-2013, 04:24 PM
a loss

this

Coach 57
10-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Dak HAS kept us in the game with both his arm & his legs. Tyler has better accuracy BUT can't read defenses that well & our WRs are young and can't get separation playing our 10 Vs their 11. But when Dak comes in, he doesn't HAVE to read defenses that well as it is a TRUE 11 Vs 11 with him forcing the defense in a cover 1 look OR a cover 2 with the safety in the 2nd level of the defense. It's pretty simple. That's why Relf was successful. The problem with Dak is he might be throwing too much at times.

Now, on to what I "need to see" to change my mindset. I live Engie, he's a GREAT poster! But for me to change my stance he'd have to lose tonight. I would then start to doubt.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Coach 57, it sounds like you are suggesting they are getting open for Russell and not Dak. Is that so? Are you also suggesting that he throw the ball less times than he is now?

Please tell me when he has kept us in games with his arms and legs. Please use ranked teams, not troy and alcorns. Explain why Russell's QBR is higher than Dak's in those games?

engie
10-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Please use ranked teams, not troy and alcorns.
Please do the same with Russell. Since I seem to remember him getting destroyed by every ranked team he's seen. He literally came close ONCE in his career -- when he lit up the scoreboard with ONE total touchdown. At home.

Dak came closer in his first career SEC start on the road than Russell came in his first 20 career starts.

Explain why Russell's QBR is higher than Dak's in those games?

Sure. Right after you explain why Dak's QBR is higher than Russell's last season...

And why our offense puts up 7.48 yards per play that Dak is involved in -- while it only puts up 6.42 yards per play that Russell is involved in?