PDA

View Full Version : Intresting read on Espn College football schedules here is what they said about MSU

99jc
06-25-2019, 10:04 AM
On the road again
In just under a five-week span from Sept. 21 to Oct. 17, UCLA plays three true Pac-12 road games against Washington State on Sept. 21, Arizona on Sept. 28 and Stanford on Oct. 17, which is preceded by an open date. Mississippi State will also be living out of its suitcase from Sept. 28 through Nov. 2. In those six weeks, the Bulldogs will go on the road to face Auburn on Sept. 28, Tennessee on Oct. 12, Texas A&M on Oct. 26 and Arkansas on Nov. 2. They get an open date on Oct. 5, so four of the five games during that stretch are on the road.

Full Link https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27019455/college-football-schedule-superlatives-2019-season

Jack Lambert
06-25-2019, 10:45 AM
I like our road SEC schedule. I see 2-2 or 3-1.

BuckyIsAB****
06-25-2019, 04:18 PM
I like our road SEC schedule. I see 2-2 or 3-1.

2 should be Ws and 2 maybes. Tennessee has no business beating us. We will have to play poorly to lose that game

WSOPdawg
06-25-2019, 06:49 PM
2 should be Ws and 2 maybes. Tennessee has no business beating us. We will have to play poorly to lose that game

Which is possible as I remember our trip to Lexington last year. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Maroonthirteen
06-25-2019, 09:41 PM

They return their QB. It’s on the road in Knoxville. We lost a lot of players. We will be a much better team than I expect to win that game.

DancingRabbit
06-26-2019, 12:06 AM
Which is possible as I remember our trip to Lexington last year. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/startrek-picard-facepalm-700x341.jpg

Jarius
06-26-2019, 05:59 AM

They went 5-7 and were complete shit all year last year outside of 2 games. They have 5 offensive linemen that have quit football for medical reasons THIS YEAR. FIVE! How many times do you want Tennessee to fool you? If we had Tennessee's team returning after a 5 win year where we got boatraced by Missouri and Vanderbilt to end the year, had 5 offensive linemen out for the year, and played Tennessee at home with them having our roster our entire fanbase would write off that game as an ass whooping for us.

Jarius
06-26-2019, 06:00 AM
They return their QB. It’s on the road in Knoxville. We lost a lot of players. We will be a much better team than I expect to win that game.

No we won't. We will have to be very average to beat them.

TrapGame
06-26-2019, 08:43 AM
Shoop's gonna be fired up for that Tennessee game. That's a game he's gonna light a fire under the defense to pulverize UT's offense.

If we develop a deep threat with Zuber and keep Kylin grinding we will be lethal in most of our games.

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2019, 08:54 AM
They went 5-7 and were complete shit all year last year outside of 2 games. They have 5 offensive linemen that have quit football for medical reasons THIS YEAR. FIVE! How many times do you want Tennessee to fool you? If we had Tennessee's team returning after a 5 win year where we got boatraced by Missouri and Vanderbilt to end the year, had 5 offensive linemen out for the year, and played Tennessee at home with them having our roster our entire fanbase would write off that game as an ass whooping for us.

Yeah, I don't get the fear of UT. That is a winnable game - even being on the road. And UT is not the intimidating place it was 20 years ago. The atmosphere is not what it was and with A&M, LSU, and Bama having all expanded their stadiums you aren't overwhelmed by the 100,000 people anymore because it's not the only place that big. If they were winning consistently, I might think differently.

Quaoarsking
06-26-2019, 08:55 AM

How many years in a row does Tennessee have to suck after getting hype in preseason before we all accept that Tennessee just isn't a good football program anymore?

Ari Gold
06-26-2019, 09:16 AM
How many years in a row does Tennessee have to suck after getting hype in preseason before we all accept that Tennessee just isn't a good football program anymore?

And according to Finbaum Pruitt is the next coming of Saban...

msstate7
06-26-2019, 09:17 AM
ESPN's FPI has been used here to build up us entering 2019. FPI has tenn ahead of us though.

Pollodawg
06-26-2019, 09:19 AM

This. How many times does Tennessee have to prove to people that they ain’t back and likely ain’t coming back.

msstate7
06-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Here's an article that explains why FPI likes tenn so much...

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Vols-land-another-in-state-commit-from-2021-ATH-133182108

Pretty much returning qb, top 2 rushers, top 9 receivers, 10 off starters, and 17 overall. It'll be interesting to see if Chaney can help them turn the corner offensively. I think Chaney was a really good hire

Quaoarsking
06-26-2019, 09:35 AM
And according to Finbaum Pruitt is the next coming of Saban...

So were Derek Dooley and Butch Jones.

Actually Jones wasn't really that bad - he finished ranked in 40% of his seasons at Tennessee, which is likely better than Pruitt's final % will be.

sandwolf
06-26-2019, 09:53 AM
They have 5 offensive linemen that have quit football for medical reasons THIS YEAR. FIVE!

Damn, really? Any idea how many of them were starters or at least in the 2 deep?

msstate7
06-26-2019, 10:00 AM
Damn, really? Any idea how many of them were starters or at least in the 2 deep?

I only know of 3 (hall, antonutti, and brooks). None are listed on depth released in May

Jarius
06-26-2019, 10:02 AM

I am not sure but they had one of the nation’s worst offensive lines in the country last year. Losing 5 unscheduled players that you were not trying to run off on a terrible OL is a recipe for disaster. I mean most teams carry like 13 scholarships ol. 5 of theirs are just gone.

msstate7
06-26-2019, 10:04 AM
I am not sure but they had one of the nation?s worst offensive lines in the country last year. Losing 5 unscheduled players that you were not trying to run off on a terrible OL is a recipe for disaster. I mean most teams carry like 13 scholarships ol. 5 of theirs are just gone.

They signed 2 5-star OTs last season. Both are expected to start

Jarius
06-26-2019, 10:07 AM

We just signed one too. He’s not going to start. You know why? Because freshmen OL are not ready to start 99 % of the time. I hope like hell they start.

DancingRabbit
06-26-2019, 10:17 AM
I am not sure but they had one of the nation?s worst offensive lines in the country last year. Losing 5 unscheduled players that you were not trying to run off on a terrible OL is a recipe for disaster. I mean most teams carry like 13 scholarships ol. 5 of theirs are just gone.

This post-spring game article indicates they have their guy at left guard, but the other 4 spots are up for grabs. Yikes.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2019/04/17/tennessee-football-wanya-morris-darnell-wright-ut-vols-offensive-line/3473298002/

msstate7
06-26-2019, 10:21 AM
We just signed one too. He’s not going to start. You know why? Because freshmen OL are not ready to start 99 % of the time. I hope like hell they start.

Here's 5-star guys that have started as freshmen the last 3 years: Williams (Bama), little (om), Smith (tenn), Thomas (Georgia)*, and mays (Georgia)

*High 4-star

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2019, 10:26 AM
I only know of 3 (hall, antonutti, and brooks). None are listed on depth released in May

Which if their FPI is based on 10 returning starters and 3 are gone, that FPI will be lower when they reset at the beginning of the season. And, as I think we are well aware, returning 10 starters on offense might not be the best indicator of future results.

I'm not sold on Cheney either. He was Derek Dooley's OC - which is not exactly a feather in his cap at UT. And his offenses were not very good at Arkansas under Bert, or at Pitt in 2015. I know UGA fans hated him - but they hate all their OC's.
It will be interesting to see what they can do.

Jarius
06-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Here's 5-star guys that have started as freshmen the last 3 years: Williams (Bama), little (om), Smith (tenn), Thomas (Georgia)*, and mays (Georgia)

*High 4-star

That does not mean they were ready to start. Little certainly was not. He was average his first year, which is good for a freshman. I can’t wait for Chauncey Rivers, Kobe Jones, Marquis Spencer, and Fletcher Adams to face off against 2 freshmen. And before you go grad the all freshman team, of course they probably made it. They didn’t have any competition.

msstate7
06-26-2019, 10:33 AM
Which if their FPI is based on 10 returning starters and 3 are gone, that FPI will be lower when they reset at the beginning of the season. And, as I think we are well aware, returning 10 starters on offense might not be the best indicator of future results.

I'm not sold on Cheney either. He was Derek Dooley's OC - which is not exactly a feather in his cap at UT. And his offenses were not very good at Arkansas under Bert, or at Pitt in 2015. I know UGA fans hated him - but they hate all their OC's.
It will be interesting to see what they can do.
Not sure who the other 2 players that left, but antonutti never started a game, hall last started in 2017, and brooks missed the entire 2018 season

msstate7
06-26-2019, 10:43 AM
Is there any early line on tenn-state game yet?

Both teams have some transfers waiting to hear on too: love (us), Gibbs (s for them), and Solomon (dt for them)

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2019, 10:45 AM

If we look as bad against UT as we did against UK in 2018 it will be a huge red flag for Moorhead. Luckily I dont see it happening. This is the same UT team that got destroyed by Vandy. They are going to play hard and they are going to be ready for us so will their fans, but it will take a Iowa/UK performance for them to beat us

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2019, 10:46 AM

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Vols-land-another-in-state-commit-from-2021-ATH-133182108

Pretty much returning qb, top 2 rushers, top 9 receivers, 10 off starters, and 17 overall. It'll be interesting to see if Chaney can help them turn the corner offensively. I think Chaney was a really good hire

If they all sucked what difference does that make. We return more than people think and quality depth. They wont score much on us unless we help them

Jarius
06-26-2019, 10:54 AM

Both teams have some transfers waiting to hear on too: love (us), Gibbs (s for them), and Solomon (dt for them)

Not sure but the State o/u moved from 8 to 8.5 for win total on the year.

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Not sure who the other 2 players that left, but antonutti never started a game, hall last started in 2017, and brooks missed the entire 2018 season

Yeah, I know nothing about their roster - I interpreted your list as starting OL who were gone - but I guess that is wrong. But, if they are already projecting a true freshman as an OL starter, that's a red flag to me.

Either way - I'm still not sold on Cheney.

msstate7
06-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I know nothing about their roster - I interpreted your list as starting OL who were gone - but I guess that is wrong. But, if they are already projecting a true freshman as an OL starter, that's a red flag to me.

If they had 2 low 4-stars or 3-stars as projected starters, that would be a red flag to me. Many 5-stars though have proven they can play OT in the sec as freshmen. I'm sure part of the deal with them was a starting job. I can see them being a major problem or a strength... can't really say till they play

Jarius
06-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Yet Nathan Pickering is the 73rd ranked player (6th ranked DT) in the country and will not start yet we have fans thinking the DL is going to be a major liability. I agree with people who are skeptical about our DTs but lord have mercy when you look at the people we are playing most of them have holes everywhere like we do at DT and our fans act like we have no shot.

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2019, 11:14 AM
If they had 2 low 4-stars or 3-stars as projected starters, that would be a red flag to me. Many 5-stars though have proven they can play OT in the sec as freshmen. I'm sure part of the deal with them was a starting job. I can see them being a major problem or a strength... chat really day till they play

It will depend on the players around them. It's one thing for a 5* or high 4* to fill a slot on the Bama or UGA OL, it's different if everyone else around you sucks. Greg Little is a good example. His impact on the OM offense was very limited because the other 4 guys were not very good. And like you said - we won't really know until they play.

Prediction? Pain.
06-26-2019, 11:50 AM

I haven't looked into their roster or any off-season injuries or transfers, but as of January 31st, they had the 2nd most returning production (https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience) in the country, with 83% of their total production from 2018 returning. Does that matter? Well, based on recent history, it means that they should improve:

Over the last five years, 35 teams have returned at least 80 percent of their production based on these calculations; 28 of them (80 percent) improved, and 17 (49 percent) improved their adjusted scoring margin per game by at least six points.

Last year's top 10 teams in returning production (omitting Liberty, which was in its first year in FBS) saw their win total increase by a combined 25 games, from 45 to 70, in 2018. Michigan State regressed by three wins, and Mississippi State regressed by one. The other eight all improved.

(Hey, we got a mention! Sweet!)

Living in eastern Tennessee, I probably dislike the Fightin' Creamsicles more than most here. Moorhead, Shoop -- y'all need to bring the pain that day in Knoxville.

This post-spring game article indicates they have their guy at left guard, but the other 4 spots are up for grabs. Yikes.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2019/04/17/tennessee-football-wanya-morris-darnell-wright-ut-vols-offensive-line/3473298002/

Yeah, that can't be good. Regardless of who starts, though, it looks like they've got roughly the same amount of experience available to them as we do on our OL. According to a blog post on Phil Steele's website (https://philsteele.com/2019/06/25/2019-career-starts-offensive-line/) yesterday, Tennessee's OL returns 69 career starts, which is ranked 6th in the SEC and 52nd nationally. We're ranked 5th in the SEC in that category and 49th in the nation. (I haven't looked at the numbers to verify that, by the way. Just passing it along.)

Of course the big difference is that Tennessee's OL was God awful -- and I mean freaking horrendous -- last year. Ranked 100th or worse nationally in sack rate, TFL rate, and every other statistical category there is for offensive lines. We, on the other hand, had arguably the best run-blocking line in the entire country.

DancingRabbit
06-26-2019, 12:00 PM
Not sure but the State o/u moved from 8 to 8.5 for win total on the year.

I think it's just FanDuel that bumped us. Interesting.

SEC

Alabama: 11 (Over -130, Under +110)
Georgia: 11 (Over +130, Under -154)
Florida: 9 (Over +102, Under -120)
LSU: 9 (Over -108, Under -108)
Mississippi State: 8.5 (Over -165, Under +140)
Auburn: 8 (Over +130, Under -156)
Texas A&M: 7.5 (Over -114, Under -102)
Missouri: 6.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
Tennessee: 6.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
Arkansas: 6 (Over +132, Under -156)
Kentucky: 6 (Over -108, Under -108)
South Carolina: 6 (Over -130, Under +112)
Ole Miss: 5 (Over -114, Under -102)
Vanderbilt: 5 (Over -136, Under +116)

gravedigger
06-26-2019, 01:03 PM

When their recruiting rating matches their actual players. Oh. Whoops. Bama has good players so that means all the ratings are correct. Forget I said it.

TUSK
06-26-2019, 01:19 PM
When their recruiting rating matches their actual players. Oh. Whoops. Bama has good players so that means all the ratings are correct. Forget I said it.

Now you are getting it.*

Pipedream
06-26-2019, 01:39 PM

No Vegas line, but some early computer models have it as: State -8.7 (Action Network); State -6 (S&P+); State -7 (Massey Composite)

Scared_Hitless
06-26-2019, 02:03 PM
I think we beat TN handily, call me a homer but Jeremy Pruitt isn't keep me up at night. Now if Tommy Stevens is a complete flop our season will follow.

TUSK
06-26-2019, 03:10 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but MSU has an open date prior traveling to Twelvessee*, while UT has UGA the week prior...

MSU -7 seems like a reasonable line, to me...

Covercorner2
06-26-2019, 03:16 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but MSU has an open date prior traveling to Twelvessee*, while UT has UGA the week prior...

This is usually a pretty good indicator, and it would have the line around UT +1...

https://pregame.com/pregame-forums/f/cfb/1744790/brad-powers-early-2019-power-ratings-for-all-130-cfb-teams

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Lot of speculating going on here 7. Yes 5* OL can be very good, but generally they're mediocre at best if they start at all. TN had a horrible OL last year and yet they might start both of them... which seems more likely: A) both 5* OL are better than a normal 5* OL, or B) 1/2 of them are being pressed into service before they're ready?

Yes none of the 5 OL who medically quit were studs, but there's more to it than just the starting 5. They simply don't have the bodies now to give their DL good practice, and they will probably be babying their remaining OL due to depth concerns. Lastly, their OL sucked last year so every OL that leaves is 1 less guy that can potentially come out of nowhere to provide a boost. So sure, it's football so they may have a fantastic OL, but all signs point to it being an under practiced and inexperienced group that'll rely on many of the same crappy guys they had last year.

Yes they return the QB, but he's not good. If Fitz was coming back this year would any of us be excited about that?

Chaney is a decent OC, but nothing he does is creative. He plays to his rosters' strengths and he isn't an idiot, but I think Shoop will have him scouted out well. They don't have the athletes to burn us wide, and as we said their interior OL won't be good enough to take advantage of the only weakness our D has, DT.

Defensively they won't be at the level that gave us trouble last year, so I'm not THAT scared of them shutting us down on O. We get a bye week between @Auburn and @TN, so if we have any issues with crowd noise we'll know @AU and have time to fix it.

Overall I think it's a good match up for us in every aspect. Sure I could be an idiot but I think we win by 2 scores

Jack Lambert
06-26-2019, 03:48 PM

I feel the only good that comes out of open week is rest. Other then that it is a double edge sword. If things are going bad it could be a time to regroup but it is going good you could lose the momentum and edge.

msstate7
06-26-2019, 03:55 PM
Lot of speculating going on here 7. Yes 5* OL can be very good, but generally they're mediocre at best if they start at all. TN had a horrible OL last year and yet they might start both of them... which seems more likely: A) both 5* OL are better than a normal 5* OL, or B) 1/2 of them are being pressed into service before they're ready?

Yes none of the 5 OL who medically quit were studs, but there's more to it than just the starting 5. They simply don't have the bodies now to give their DL good practice, and they will probably be babying their remaining OL due to depth concerns. Lastly, their OL sucked last year so every OL that leaves is 1 less guy that can potentially come out of nowhere to provide a boost. So sure, it's football so they may have a fantastic OL, but all signs point to it being an under practiced and inexperienced group that'll rely on many of the same crappy guys they had last year.

Yes they return the QB, but he's not good. If Fitz was coming back this year would any of us be excited about that?

Chaney is a decent OC, but nothing he does is creative. He plays to his rosters' strengths and he isn't an idiot, but I think Shoop will have him scouted out well. They don't have the athletes to burn us wide, and as we said their interior OL won't be good enough to take advantage of the only weakness our D has, DT.

Defensively they won't be at the level that gave us trouble last year, so I'm not THAT scared of them shutting us down on O. We get a bye week between @Auburn and @TN, so if we have any issues with crowd noise we'll know @AU and have time to fix it.

Overall I think it's a good match up for us in every aspect. Sure I could be an idiot but I think we win by 2 scores

Wow.

I literally said you have to see them on the field to judge the 2 5-star tackles.

Only 1 of the 3 olinemen leaving played last year and it was only 4 games. Them losing 3 olinemen that didn't play is a huge red flag, but us losing all but 1 dlinemen that did play is no concern.

No idea on their defense, but they have 2 good transfers pending and Pruitt is a pretty good def guy. Who knows?

Their qb doesn't suck. He was 5th in the sec in conference games only in passer rating. I think Chaney helps him a lot

Jarius
06-26-2019, 11:49 PM
Wow.

I literally said you have to see them on the field to judge the 2 5-star tackles.

Only 1 of the 3 olinemen leaving played last year and it was only 4 games. Them losing 3 olinemen that didn't play is a huge red flag, but us losing all but 1 dlinemen that did play is no concern.

No idea on their defense, but they have 2 good transfers pending and Pruitt is a pretty good def guy. Who knows?

Their qb doesn't suck. He was 5th in the sec in conference games only in passer rating. I think Chaney helps him a lot

They aren’t losing 3 Ol. They are losing 5 Ol. If we just cut the bottom 5 offensive linemen on our team would it not scare the hell out of you? It sure would me. We lost 5 DL off the best defense in the country, which means we had excellent depth. You don't have the best defense in the country without depth. You also don't have the best defense in the country without a really really good defensive coordinator. We also recruit extremely well on the DL. We also return a guy that was starting (or at least playing a lot of snaps) on the DL until 4 games into the season but redshirted due to injury. We also return 4 other defensive linemen that played a ton of snaps on the best defense in the country. They lose 5 OL off the worst OL in the country. If you don't see the difference it's becaise you don't want to see the difference.

Defensively they were extremely average last year. They also had a returning starter (middle linebacker) retire medically as well. He started 11 games last year.

bulldawg28
06-26-2019, 11:59 PM

Cheney is bland at best and he had 5star talent at GA. TN does not have elite talent. They may not score a TD against Shoop

bulldawg28
06-27-2019, 12:00 AM

Great point

msstate7
06-27-2019, 06:00 AM
They aren’t losing 3 Ol. They are losing 5 Ol. If we just cut the bottom 5 offensive linemen on our team would it not scare the hell out of you? It sure would me. We lost 5 DL off the best defense in the country, which means we had excellent depth. You don't have the best defense in the country without depth. You also don't have the best defense in the country without a really really good defensive coordinator. We also recruit extremely well on the DL. We also return a guy that was starting (or at least playing a lot of snaps) on the DL until 4 games into the season but redshirted due to injury. We also return 4 other defensive linemen that played a ton of snaps on the best defense in the country. They lose 5 OL off the worst OL in the country. If you don't see the difference it's becaise you don't want to see the difference.

Defensively they were extremely average last year. They also had a returning starter (middle linebacker) retire medically as well. He started 11 games last year.

Who are the other 2 olinemen? I can't find anything

Jarius
06-27-2019, 06:29 AM
Who are the other 2 olinemen? I can't find anything

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/06/12/another-vol-offensive-lineman-to-medically-retire-2/

msstate7
06-27-2019, 07:03 AM
https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/06/12/another-vol-offensive-lineman-to-medically-retire-2/

Thanks.

McBride is the biggest loss of the group. He was a pretty good signee last year. Crosby was a 3rd year soph that's never played a snap. Of the 5 they lost, only Hall played in a game (4) last year. Still, 5 is a big number, so I checked their roster for numbers. They have 12 scholarship olinemen and 5 walk ons listed. Last year, we had 11 scholarship olinemen and 5 walk ons. I think some of these kids at tenn were encouraged to give football up

TUSK
06-27-2019, 07:11 AM
Thanks.

McBride is the biggest loss of the group. He was a pretty good signee last year. Crosby was a 3rd year soph that's never played a snap. Of the 5 they lost, only Hall played in a game (4) last year. Still, 5 is a big number, so I checked their roster for numbers. They have 12 scholarship olinemen and 5 walk ons listed. Last year, we had 11 scholarship olinemen and 5 walk ons. I think some of these kids at tenn were encouraged to give football up

Yeah,,,, sometimes losing/processing players is net positive in regards to talent level.

msu15
06-27-2019, 07:44 AM

Good for us

msstate7
06-30-2019, 07:37 AM
Pro football focus released their top 10 returning QBs using last year's grades...

https://i.postimg.cc/fTZ5CDL6/FB118-ABE-36-B5-4-F61-B5-B5-D31-D9-A1-C59-F0.jpg (https://postimg.cc/DmjqyV1g)

CadaverDawg
06-30-2019, 09:16 AM
Ah, the optimistic time of year for our football team. I'm not falling for it. Been burned too many times. I see the Egg Bowl being for win 6 or 7. Hopefully win 7, bc losing bowl eligibility to them on our home field would be a big kick in the groin. We'll finish 5th in the West but extend that bowl streak....yay.

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Pro football focus released their top 10 returning QBs using last year's grades...

https://i.postimg.cc/fTZ5CDL6/FB118-ABE-36-B5-4-F61-B5-B5-D31-D9-A1-C59-F0.jpg (https://postimg.cc/DmjqyV1g)

Their last 2 games they got destroyed by the worst 2 teams in the East. What does that make them then

Ezsoil
06-30-2019, 02:09 PM

All of those 5 offensive linemen had fallen on the depth chart as the new coaching staff had different standards....make no mistake they were processed and would have had no bearing on the current team even if they had stayed..

Jarius
06-30-2019, 02:32 PM
All of those 5 offensive linemen had fallen on the depth chart as the new coaching staff had different standards....make no mistake they were processed and would have had no bearing on the current team even if they had stayed..

I have a hard time thinking you have any clue as to what you are taking about considering one of them was a signee in the 2019 class, 2 were recruited by Pruitt to tennessee, and another was one of the top rated offensive guard prospects in the country in 2017, but carry on.

DancingRabbit
06-30-2019, 02:36 PM

At least one of them was a 2019 signee with multiple SEC and P5 offers. That wouldn't have any bearing on this year except maybe a lack of practice bodies. But it wasn't a case of a Butch Jones player being processed.

DancingRabbit
06-30-2019, 02:37 PM
I have a hard time thinking you have any clue as to what you are taking about considering one of them was a signer in the 2019 class, but carry on.

Ha, you beat me to it.

R2Dawg
06-30-2019, 02:44 PM
Yet Nathan Pickering is the 73rd ranked player (6th ranked DT) in the country and will not start yet we have fans thinking the DL is going to be a major liability. I agree with people who are skeptical about our DTs but lord have mercy when you look at the people we are playing most of them have holes everywhere like we do at DT and our fans act like we have no shot.

So true, our talent is not bare at all. Yes we lost a lot but so does every school. I think our soft schedule early is good for us to grow up in some areas. We'll be hitting our stride come late Sept. D will be top 25 and cross my fingers, Moorhead has us also top 25 O as well and we are staring at 8-10 wins.

R2Dawg
06-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Their last 2 games they got destroyed by the worst 2 teams in the East. What does that make them then

Hah, Shea no 10 on the list, what does that say?

msstate7
06-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Vol fans on their volnation board are saying trey smith has been cleared and will play this fall. That's a pretty huge deal

TUSK
06-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Vol fans on their volnation board are saying trey smith has been cleared and will play this fall. That's a pretty huge deal

If he's healthy & full speed, that's a big deal... He's an Outland Type cat... Word is he's down from a Frosh weight of 360# to 320#...

msstate7
06-30-2019, 04:34 PM
If he's healthy & full speed, that's a big deal... He's an Outland Type cat... Word is he's down from a Frosh weight of 360# to 320#...

He'd give them 3 5-star olinemen on their starting 5. Who knows if the freshmen are ready day 1, but that's a massive amount of talent

TUSK
06-30-2019, 05:46 PM
He'd give them 3 5-star olinemen on their starting 5. Who knows if the freshmen are ready day 1, but that's a massive amount of talent

You better believe Phat Phil is “on the case”.

Jarius
10-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Maybe we should take your opinions of offensive coordinators with a grain of salt.

Jarius
10-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Wow.

Tennessee's quarterback doesn't suck? Maybe we should take your opinions of quarterbacks with a grain of salt.

msstate7
10-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Tennessee's quarterback doesn't suck? Maybe we should take your opinions of quarterbacks with a grain of salt.

6th in the sec in passer rating, completing 64.5% of passes, 8.1 per pass. Guess our definitions of sucking are quite different

Jarius
10-02-2019, 11:59 AM
6th in the sec in passer rating, completing 64.5% of passes, 8.1 per pass. Guess our definitions of sucking are quite different

Jesus Christ. He sucks. He has played Georgia State (who his team lost to), BYU (who his team lost to), and Chattanooga. The only opponent with a pulse held his offense to 3 points. Quit while you are behind.

msstate7
10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Jesus Christ. He sucks. He has played Georgia State (who his team lost to), BYU (who his team lost to), and Chattanooga. Quit while you are behind.

What in his stats do you consider sucking? I know you mad, but breathe deep and concentrate

PMDawg
10-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Maybe we should take your opinions of offensive coordinators with a grain of salt.

-1 for bumping old threads to slap fight a poster you don't like.

Jarius
10-02-2019, 12:12 PM
What in his stats do you consider sucking? I know you mad, but breathe deep and concentrate

Oh sweety I'm not mad at all, honey bun. You are the one bumping old threads to make yourself feel better while putting out plenty of really wrong shit your own self. I realize this is really embarrassing for your internet know it all ego, but you will just have to grit your teeth and take the internet cred hit. The stat of his offense scoring 3 points against Florida sucks pretty big ass. The stat of his offense not scoring enough points to beat Georgia State and BYU sucks pretty bad too.

Jarius
10-02-2019, 12:13 PM
-1 for bumping old threads to slap fight a poster you don't like.

Did you -1 him for doing it yesterday? His ego is the reason this is happening, and will continue to happen for the rest of the day. I guess it's ok for him and coffee bean 34 to do it for their own personal beefs.

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Did you -1 him for doing it yesterday? His ego is the reason this is happening, and will continue to happen for the rest of the day. I guess it's ok for him and coffee bean 34 to do it for their own personal beefs.

I went and looked and I didn't see any old threads that were bumped yesterday. I don't dissolve 7 from this, so it only seems fair that you both need a week off and as such - I'd recommend you both getting the temporary "ban hammer"!!!!

msstate7
10-02-2019, 12:34 PM
I went and looked and I didn't see any old threads that were bumped yesterday. I don't dissolve 7 from this, so it only seems fair that you both need a week off and as such - I'd recommend you both getting the temporary "ban hammer"!!!!

It's in the 2018 vs 2019 stats thread. I linked a post he made on 9/27... didn't bump a thread

PMDawg
10-02-2019, 12:36 PM

No, because I didn't see it. Point me in the right direction, and I'll be happy to do so though.

msstate7
10-02-2019, 12:39 PM
No, because I didn't see it. Point me in the right direction, and I'll be happy to do so though.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?76799-2018-vs-2019-major-stats-comparison

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 12:44 PM

+1 for fairness. One of the few...

RougeDawg
10-02-2019, 04:46 PM
I think it's just FanDuel that bumped us. Interesting.

SEC

Alabama: 11 (Over -130, Under +110)
Georgia: 11 (Over +130, Under -154)
Florida: 9 (Over +102, Under -120)
LSU: 9 (Over -108, Under -108)
Mississippi State: 8.5 (Over -165, Under +140)
Auburn: 8 (Over +130, Under -156)
Texas A&M: 7.5 (Over -114, Under -102)
Missouri: 6.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
Tennessee: 6.5 (Over -184, Under +154)
Arkansas: 6 (Over +132, Under -156)
Kentucky: 6 (Over -108, Under -108)
South Carolina: 6 (Over -130, Under +112)
Ole Miss: 5 (Over -114, Under -102)
Vanderbilt: 5 (Over -136, Under +116)

Maybe the SloMo to Rutgers rumor has some legs.

Jarius
10-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Can we add the stat of him getting benched this week because his coaches also think he sucks ass or does that not fit into your analytics?

msstate7
10-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Can we add the stat of him getting benched this week because his coaches also think he sucks ass or does that not fit into your analytics?

Wow, that's a strange decision by Pruitt

HoopsDawg
10-05-2019, 06:22 PM

haha, you bumped a thread where you said this ^^^^

msstate7
10-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Wow, that's a strange decision by Pruitt

Maybe not... that was a beautiful pass

Jarius
10-05-2019, 06:46 PM
haha, you bumped a thread where you said this ^^^^

Haha you are literally too stupid to read the reason the thread was bumped which was explained 3 times now.

Jarius
10-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Can someone go bump coach 34’s thread where he told everyone Auburn was going to compete for the West this year?

Quaoarsking
10-05-2019, 07:14 PM

Wow, I had forgotten about this post. Nostradamus level material from me there.