PDA

View Full Version : NCAA is about to set up shop @ LSU.. Booster paid 180K to Vadal Alexander

Coach007
06-22-2019, 08:44 AM
And the REAL SHITTY thing is that this guy:

https://s25562.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/John-Paul-Funes-wide-696x377.jpg

Did it by stealing from a HOSPITAL.

John Paul Funes?who pleaded guilty today to stealing more than $550,000 from the Our Lady of the Lake Foundation?sent approximately $180,000 of that money to the father of Vadal Alexander, the former LSU offensive guard who played for the Tigers from 2012-2015 and was a student-athlete at the time of the payments.

Four sources have confirmed for Daily Report that Alexander?s father, James Alexander, was the recipient of the $180,000, who is referenced in the court documents only as ?Individual C.?

He took money that was suppose to PAY for a CHILD's MEDICAL care to pay Davey too:

Daily Report previously reported the mother and sister of former Tigers quarterback Rohan Davey also received money from Funes?some $107,000 that Funes had said was intended to help cover medical costs for a Children?s Hospital patient.

Oh yeah... Nobody knows nothing....

https://www.businessreport.com/business/funes-directed-stolen-money-to-father-of-lsu-football-player

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2019, 08:45 AM
It just means more.

msstate7
06-22-2019, 08:47 AM
I love sports, but damn, this guy put football above kids' lives. This makes me ill

Coach007
06-22-2019, 09:00 AM
I love sports, but damn, this guy put football above kids' lives. This makes me ill

And read that carefully... the 550K was menat for kids.... but that 107K was for a SPECIFIC child. It states "patient".

Hambone
06-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Nothing will come of this. Will Wade and the coach at Arizona is still coaching. There will be some technicality that the NCAA will say happened.

Ari Gold
06-22-2019, 09:43 AM
And a basketball coach caught on a fbi wiretap isn’t enough to already have them there?

WSOPdawg
06-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Yep, NCAA and the Feds should be all up in everything in every "business" aspect associated with anybody from Baton Rouge - take nothing for granted and turn over every damn stone!!!

Coach007
06-22-2019, 10:32 AM
And a basketball coach caught on a fbi wiretap isn’t enough to already have them there?

And that's pretty sad isn't it.

msstate7
06-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Nothing will come of this. Will Wade and the coach at Arizona is still coaching. There will be some technicality that the NCAA will say happened.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

Pollodawg
06-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Believe it when I see it. But they absolutely should blow that program back to the cellar. I mean back to the 80s.

I’m about to get blasted for this, but Ole Miss deserves what it got from the NCAA and then some. But, LSU needs it that much more if this is true.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-22-2019, 11:11 AM

Welcome to Louisiana.

Pollodawg
06-22-2019, 11:20 AM
Welcome to Louisiana.

Exactly. For it to be so hot on the bayou, it’s awful shady....

DancingRabbit
06-22-2019, 11:27 AM
And a basketball coach caught on a fbi wiretap isn?t enough to already have them there?

Oh, they were already coming for basketball.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

msstate7
06-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Oh, they were already coming for basketball.

Ha, I had already stolen your link from SPS

99jc
06-22-2019, 11:33 AM
The NCAA is a Joke they are as harmless as a toothless hound. the REBS taught me that. I say we resort to cheating like a mutha 17er like everybody else. Screw those hypocritical bastards.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2019, 11:35 AM
Color me skeptical that they will do anything, but if there ever was a time to get their respect back its after stealing from a hospital to pay for a basketball player

Coach007
06-22-2019, 11:44 AM
Will be the first to be "hammered" under the Rice Commission changes. There will be at least one outside person involved in the hammering

timotheus
06-22-2019, 12:02 PM
I hope but will believe zilch until several heads roll and the NCAA pops em.

yjnkdawg
06-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Believe it when I see it. But they absolutely should blow that program back to the cellar. I mean back to the 80s.

I?m about to get blasted for this, but Ole Miss deserves what it got from the NCAA and then some. But, LSU needs it that much more if this is true.

It seems something very strange happened some period of time before the NCAA COI hearing on OM, because the NCAA investigators supposedly had everything needed to nail OM. OM had one of the best Law Firms in the country in dealing with NCAA sanctions also.

timotheus
06-22-2019, 12:13 PM
oxford still got off lite for what all actually was going on. Heck most of it was never investigated.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-22-2019, 12:15 PM
I say we resort to cheating like a mutha 17er like everybody else.

Somebody must be fired for this to happen

DancingRabbit
06-22-2019, 12:18 PM

Keenum?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-22-2019, 12:20 PM
Keenum?

Think more like a Physical Education major holding a job an attorney holds at most institutions.

Bothrops
06-22-2019, 12:33 PM
And the REAL SHITTY thing is that this guy:

https://s25562.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/John-Paul-Funes-wide-696x377.jpg

Did it by stealing from a HOSPITAL.

He took money that was suppose to PAY for a CHILD's MEDICAL care to pay Davey too:

Oh yeah... Nobody knows nothing....

https://www.businessreport.com/business/funes-directed-stolen-money-to-father-of-lsu-football-player

LSU is bulletproof from major sanctions. Will Wade still works there...

99jc
06-22-2019, 01:28 PM

Bucky Bullshit needs to hit the road. How can we make this happen? Can We?

Jack Lambert
06-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Freeze said he learned everything about recruiting from coach O. O cheats, Freeze cheated and the big part of their cheating is getting boosters involved. You really think that none English speaking offus head can recruit like he does with out a little help? Hell no he can't. It is easy to bring in the athletes when you have a AD, Coach, boosters on board and a Compliance officer who looks the other way.

Now watch A&M take off. They have everyone in place now to do what LSU is doing and what Ole Miss did. What other reason would A&M hire that idiot they just hired if they didn't have cheating on their minds. Now they need to be careful because UT has some pull with the State of Texas and the NCAA. I hope they bust their weird asses as well.

Todd4State
06-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Bucky Bullshit needs to hit the road. How can we make this happen? Can We?

He has to be close to retirement. He's been at MSU well over 20 years.

Coach007
06-22-2019, 02:37 PM
All this talk of cheating...

I don't want it that way

99jc
06-22-2019, 03:01 PM

I don't want it that way

You must live in an alternate universe....called Pleasantville.

Coach007
06-22-2019, 04:00 PM

I live in the real world. Don't mean I have to agree with it

turkish
06-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Anybody know of Rohan is still a regular guest on Moscona’s radio show in Baton Rouge?

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2019, 04:37 PM

I don't want it that way

Nobody wants it that way.

The question is what are you willing to live with to have a competitive football program.

msstate7
06-22-2019, 04:42 PM

The question is what are you willing to live with to have a competitive football program.

Some rich dudes pay a kid, hell yeah... kid deserves it anyway. Some douche hospital executive steal money intended for sick children, hell no, I'd rather suck ass

Pollodawg
06-22-2019, 05:01 PM
Some rich dudes pay a kid, hell yeah... kid deserves it anyway. Some douche hospital executive steal money intended for sick children, hell no, I'd rather suck ass

Nailed it.

yjnkdawg
06-22-2019, 05:22 PM

No, he lives in the real MSU world. As I mentioned in the past, we don't have the expertise or the past experience in playing the game like OM has been doing since the Vaught years. OM's Big Boosters/Lawyers would love for us to do somethng stupid in recruiting. In addition to their own legal team, OM even had the best legal team in the country who deals with those types of NCAA type violation scenarios and they just happened to be located in Birmingham, AL. If we end up trying to play that game, you can mark this down, they will burn our football program if they get an opportunity, and I wouldn't be too confident if the NCAA wouldn't make an example out of us, unlike they didn't concerning OM.

yjnkdawg
06-22-2019, 05:36 PM

If you mean for us to try to play the big time recruiting game , then NCAA sanctions and probation would be possibilities.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2019, 06:18 PM
If you mean for us to try to play the big time recruiting game , then NCAA sanctions and probation would be possibilities.

As it is for every program that recruits at a high level.

Jack Lambert
06-22-2019, 06:35 PM

Considering where the money came from I think this one is going to hurt. There will be a lot of pissed off people demanding something be done.

Pollodawg
06-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Looking at that pic again, dude’s a ginger. Somehow, that makes sense....

Maroonthirteen
06-22-2019, 08:01 PM
Folks saying MSU should up their recruiting game...

In the justice system, the same law applies to everyone. However the rich that can afford a good lawyer can get off. Poor get a public defender, take a plea and get hammered at sentencing.

TUSK
06-22-2019, 10:16 PM

In the justice system, the same law applies to everyone. However the rich that can afford a good lawyer can get off. Poor get a public defender, take a plea and get hammered at sentencing.

"Poor"?

There's no way y'all have already spent the $43.1 Mil I sent for the '17-18 fiscal year....

*(I'm gettin' warmed up for football season)

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2019, 03:44 AM

We get 40 mil a year from the SEC. Thats a hell of a trust fund for Po Folk

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2019, 03:46 AM
"Poor"?

There's no way y'all have already spent the $43.1 Mil I sent for the '17-18 fiscal year....

*(I'm gettin' warmed up for football season)

Exactly.

Some of our fans have trouble keeping with his things change and would rather just hold tight to stereotypes right or wrong.

99jc
06-23-2019, 10:12 AM
Exactly.

Some of our fans have trouble keeping with his things change and would rather just hold tight to stereotypes right or wrong.

This is absolute truth! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have the finest baseball stadium in the country period.

We have a great football facility!

Basketball Arena is no dump at the hump.

Softball field 1st class.

I could go on....yet we are poor ole Mississippi State! We are a Bucky away from going to the top of recruiting!

Maroonthirteen
06-23-2019, 10:23 AM

We have the equivalent of a public defender working in compliance.

Dawgology
06-23-2019, 10:43 AM
The NCAA is a toothless lion. They know that if they piss enough of the big schools off they would be out of a job. If the SEC and ACC pulled out of the NCAA they would be 17’d. The fact that they rarely enforce their own penalty matrix is proof of that. Look no further than their most recent debacle at Ole Miss. The LSU investigation will go the same way. 3 year investigation followed by a lot of barking from the NCAA followed by probation and a loss of 4 scholarships over 3 years. Book it.

Coach007
06-23-2019, 10:44 AM
This is absolute truth! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have the finest baseball stadium in the country period.

We have a great football facility!

Basketball Arena is no dump at the hump.

Softball field 1st class.

I could go on....yet we are poor ole Mississippi State! We are a Bucky away from going to the top of recruiting!

Dude it's still not about that. I don't care if we have 5 BILLION after building an NFL stadium that seats 150K people. I don't care if Bama purchases every single person on all of their teams including the bat boys.

I don't agree with it, and that's not going to change. If I knew that we would get away with it and could pay for every player to become bama... I would not like it. I would not agree with it. Are you really "competitive" when you have cheated to win? No. You are simply a cheat and can not compete where it counted.

I agree, we are building some of the best facilities in the nation and I feel that's the right way. We are hiring better coaches that athletes want to play for. And in the end it makes winning sweeter.

Coach007
06-23-2019, 10:59 AM
The NCAA is a toothless lion. They know that if they piss enough of the big schools off they would be out of a job. If the SEC and ACC pulled out of the NCAA they would be 17’d. The fact that they rarely enforce their own penalty matrix is proof of that. Look no further than their most recent debacle at Ole Miss. The LSU investigation will go the same way. 3 year investigation followed by a lot of barking from the NCAA followed by probation and a loss of 4 scholarships over 3 years. Book it.

Miami, Ole Miss, NC, and others has forced them to change. It's why they had an outside commission come in to research and make changes. Condi Rice lead that team. As a results, they can use court evidence and testimony. They changed the rule because Miami was not touchable because they could not use the very public testimony. Not only that, an independent outside source is now used.... that begins Aug 1st this year.

You also have a MASSIVE FBI case that more than humiliated the NCAA and the whole of the NCAA process. But when AUG 1st rolls around... It's a different animal:

In a rare show of candor in such cases, both Wilcox and NCAA vice president of Division I governance Kevin Lennon have spoken out recently about the NCAA's intentions in the FBI cases.

"It's a great opportunity for the enforcement staff, the committee on infractions, as well as our whole community to now try to … put things back where they need to be," Wilcox said.

The most serious cases annually now will be decided by an infractions committee that will now include persons outside of the NCAA. That policy goes into effect Aug. 1.

Wilcox said. "I wouldn't want to be the first institution to go through that process."

NCAA President Mark Emmert said during the Final Four in April. "It's finally the case now that we can take and receive information and evidence from other proceedings … and directly import them into our investigatory work."

starkvegasdawg
06-23-2019, 11:02 AM
Dude it's still not about that. I don't care if we have 5 BILLION after building an NFL stadium that seats 150K people. I don't care if Bama purchases every single person on all of their teams including the bat boys.

I don't agree with it, and that's not going to change. If I knew that we would get away with it and could pay for every player to become bama... I would not like it. I would not agree with it. Are you really "competitive" when you have cheated to win? No. You are simply a cheat and can not compete where it counted.

I agree, we are building some of the best facilities in the nation and I feel that's the right way. We are hiring better coaches that athletes want to play for. And in the end it makes winning sweeter.

I don't like it either but if every single school on your schedule is doing it then is there really a choice? It's like that old NASCAR saying...if you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

I don't like it. In fact I hate the thought of cheating. But when you go up against the likes of Bama that not only cheat (you get a charger, you get a charger, everybody gets a charger) but also have the league office on a leash then you have to do something.

redstickdawg
06-23-2019, 11:55 AM
I think that what was possibly happening was that LSU was using Funes and OLOL foundation as a conduit for illicit recruiting, get a major tax write off and arrange for top players at LSU, easy peasy. There is much more to the story.

99jc
06-23-2019, 12:13 PM

When we win the National football Championship without cheating come see me! I can appreciate a person of integrity but the facts are you live in a corrupt world that nobody gives a shit.

Coach007
06-23-2019, 12:33 PM
I don't like it either but if every single school on your schedule is doing it then is there really a choice? .

Yes... there is always a choice.

I don't like it. In fact I hate the thought of cheating. But when you go up against the likes of Bama that not only cheat (you get a charger, you get a charger, everybody gets a charger) but also have the league office on a leash then you have to do something.

Sue them. Band together a crap ton of universities and file a suit against them with proof.

bobtail bob
06-23-2019, 03:36 PM
All of the LSU fans I come in contact with down here would give their daughter for the football team to use. Simply put nothing is too dirty as long as it ends in them being able to cuss other people, call them names, get drunk and puff their ches out.

Goldendawg
06-23-2019, 04:30 PM
I don't think some of you lived through the Tyler years/probation or the last years under Jackie that also ended in probation (UM had detectives on us and ties with the NCAA investigators). Cheating, even at a lower level than some of "big boys" has never ended well for us. We have always paid in the end. I want to move up, but in no way that LSU and even UM seem to be willing to do. Hail State!

NWADAWG
06-24-2019, 01:51 PM
If I were the parent of the child the funds were intended for, I would be hunting this dude down trying to decide if I stop beating him before or after he stops breathing.

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2019, 04:17 PM
Mark it. Not a single thing will come from this. Not a single scholly reduction or visit lowered.

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2019, 04:17 PM
If I were the parent of the child the funds were intended for, I would be hunting this dude down trying to decide if I stop beating him before or after he stops breathing.

If it were me, man this guy would have been knee capped.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-24-2019, 04:23 PM
Mark it. Not a single thing will come from this. Not a single scholly reduction or visit lowered.

This Mark?

http://media.nola.com/lsu_impact/photo/9317205-large.jpg

Who did the current LSU AD work for the first time at LSU??

RougeDawg
06-24-2019, 09:50 PM
I think that what was possibly happening was that LSU was using Funes and OLOL foundation as a conduit for illicit recruiting, get a major tax write off and arrange for top players at LSU, easy peasy. There is much more to the story.

Yes. There is much more. LSU fans are expecting more to drop. This involves multiple sports and boosters. If it weren?t for the Feds this would not be coming out. The ncaa has been aware of this for years.

Bothrops
06-24-2019, 11:15 PM
LSU, Bama are untouchable due to the amount of dough they bring to the business. Not sure why anyone expects anything to happen to LSU football.

Coach007
06-25-2019, 12:30 AM
I like the move by the NCAA to allow themselves to use court evidence now. It helps in these cases.

I also like that the addition of an outside neutral party being part of the investigation or judgement. That starts Aug 1st.

I also love that Wilcox stated that this is the chance for the NCAA to put things back in order.

Dawgology
06-25-2019, 07:17 AM
Yes. There is much more. LSU fans are expecting more to drop. This involves multiple sports and boosters. If it weren?t for the Feds this would not be coming out. The ncaa has been aware of this for years.

And that is the kicker on a lot of this. The NCAA has had the chance to act on all of this and many other things before but they have pussied out or ignored it every single time. I mean...they passed a new penalty matrix and then tossed it out the window the first time it was tested. The FBI stuff has shined a light on it and they are scrambling to save face and not be investigated by the Feds any further because in many ways the NCAA is complicit. As soon as this passes they will be back to business as usual.

Dawgology
06-25-2019, 07:24 AM
I like the move by the NCAA to allow themselves to use court evidence now. It helps in these cases.

They could have done this before. It is all an act. Nothing kept them from using publically available information to inform their own investigation. This is done by companies all of the time. It's a neat story they are spreading here but it's bullshit.

I also like that the addition of an outside neutral party being part of the investigation or judgement. That starts Aug 1st.

I think they have to in order to distance themselves from their ties with the blueblood schools. Otherwise, the Feds will end up scrutinizing the NCAA and that will probably lead to a lot of prison sentences. With a third party they can claim neutrality even though we all know this committee will be NCAA puppets.

I also love that Wilcox stated that this is the chance for the NCAA to put things back in order.

I would say that too if I were him. Blame the system and say now we can fix things...blah blah blah. They could have fixed them before Feds got involved but they didn't.

Responded to some things there. Obviously, I'm not a huge fan of the NCAA.

Coach007
06-25-2019, 09:44 AM
They could have done this before. It is all an act. Nothing kept them from using publically available information to inform their own investigation. This is done by companies all of the time. It's a neat story they are spreading here but it's bullshit.

They can't break their rules and not expect a challenge into the court system.

Dawgology
06-25-2019, 11:23 AM
They can't break their rules and not expect a challenge into the court system.

Yeah but it's rules THEY put on themselves. Why in the world would the NCAA pass apolicy not allowing themselves to use clear evidence? That is shady. And they could have corrected, literally, decades ago. It is a corrupt organization that needs to go away.

TUSK
06-25-2019, 11:29 AM
There's some interesting takes in this thread... Now, I dunno if the new legislation/policies will add anymore tangible "teeth" to the NCAA, but it may end up actually holding them more accountable for their actions... and it may prevent some of the shady shit they've done (or haven't done) to programs in the past (including some "bluebloods").

Political Hack
06-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Friend of a friend... incredibly unfortunate for his family and the hospital. The NCAA is the least of his worries. I can promise you that.

Jack Lambert
06-25-2019, 12:02 PM
I have been putting some thought into this. LSU is in trouble. This is probably the first time that the NCAA has court and police records of what happened. Not a he said she said type of thing. Twice this year one in basketball and now football. They are in trouble. No sweeping this under the rug. These are two documented court cases.

Dawgology
06-25-2019, 01:09 PM
I have been putting some thought into this. LSU is in trouble. This is probably the first time that the NCAA has court and police records of what happened. Not a he said she said type of thing. Twice this year one in basketball and now football. They are in trouble. No sweeping this under the rug. These are two documented court cases.

I think the NCAA is in more trouble than LSU but LSU will be the NCAA's scapegoat in this.

BuckyIsAB****
06-25-2019, 04:27 PM

We probably do have more money now than ever, but so does everyone else. Its not all about money but it makes a difference. Having been to State, OM and Bama camps and clinics this spring/summer the way the two programs in this state operate is nice. The facilities are nice, State is ahead of OM currently and will be way ahead once we get a new IPF but Bama is on a whole different level. From the meals they fed you to the way the camps/clinics were run. It is as close to the NFL as you can get. Probably better than most NFL teams tbh

TALL DAWG
06-25-2019, 05:14 PM
I think the NCAA is in more trouble than LSU but LSU will be the NCAA's scapegoat in this.

Give us more details of this....ncaa being in more trouble than LSU...of which u speak.
It is my understanding the NCAA is flush with cash and they have been like the Teflon man.
Details please....

Jack Lambert
06-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Cam's dad got 180K and this guys dad got 180K. Is that like a threshold, the magic number that the NCAA looks the other way.

RocketDawg
06-25-2019, 07:38 PM
Cam's dad got 180K and this guys dad got 180K. Is that like a threshold, the magic number that the NCAA looks the other way.

If it is, it should be raised to about $200K to account for inflation. $180K doesn't go as far as it used to ....

turkish
06-25-2019, 07:50 PM
Friend of a friend... incredibly unfortunate for his family and the hospital. The NCAA is the least of his worries. I can promise you that.
You mean Funes? Why would he worry about the NCAA?

Also, are these payments not well past the statute of limitations?

RougeDawg
06-25-2019, 11:02 PM

That?s not the biggest deal in this matter. Boosters were ?donating? to the hospital for tax benefits and the donated money was funneled to recruits. This has been going on for years and is part of the nationwide fed sting on tax fraud. It?s the same thing that got the Hollywood elitists and their kids into USC, etc. The feds and IRS have added a ton of new employees to go after this very thing. There have been rumblings about this hospital funneling money for a few years. Pretty sure that?s how the FBI got Will Wade on wire taps. This runs much deeper than this.

Whenever the Will Wade stuff came out and then he was cleared, I posted to wait on some info about a certain BR hospital and illegal payments. There were vague hints on sec rant and tiger drippings about a ?much larger problem than will wade setting up payments for a player?. Then someone talked about OLOTL hospital. Then there were rumblings about FBI setting up ship in BR. Adding up all of the context clues, something bigger was coming. Just Did not think it would come out this quickly, but they are probably trying to get this guy to flip on the larger ring of LSU boosters committing tax fraud.

DancingRabbit
06-25-2019, 11:17 PM

Not sure if I understand your post correctly. Besides murderers, women and child abusers - somebody that steals from charities, or from (or in the name of) churches are at the top of my sh!t list.

Sometimes family and associates are "blind-sided", and sometimes they are not. If not for their continued twitter PR campaign, I might have had more sympathy for Hugh Freeze's daughters. By the end, I was numb to them. It's a bitch when you get caught.

Goldendawg
06-25-2019, 11:37 PM
NCAA will investigate LSU and then allow colleges to wear patches advertising various businesses and sponsors. LSU will be allowed to wear an OLOL patch. NCAA is a joke.

bobtail bob
06-25-2019, 11:37 PM
That?s not the biggest deal in this matter. Boosters were ?donating? to the hospital for tax benefits and the donated money was funneled to recruits. This has been going on for years and is part of the nationwide fed sting on tax fraud. It?s the same thing that got the Hollywood elitists and their kids into USC, etc. The feds and IRS have added a ton of new employees to go after this very thing. There have been rumblings about this hospital funneling money for a few years. Pretty sure that?s how the FBI got Will Wade on wire taps. This runs much deeper than this.

Whenever the Will Wade stuff came out and then he was cleared, I posted to wait on some info about a certain BR hospital and illegal payments. There were vague hints on sec rant and tiger drippings about a ?much larger problem than will wade setting up payments for a player?. Then someone talked about OLOTL hospital. Then there were rumblings about FBI setting up ship in BR. Adding up all of the context clues, something bigger was coming. Just Did not think it would come out this quickly, but they are probably trying to get this guy to flip on the larger ring of LSU boosters committing tax fraud.

He's already plead guilty , have they sentenced him yet ? If he gets off light you know he is singing , which I hope he is. This thing runs all through LSU athletics. I've heard they were funneling state money supposed to be set aside for poor kids to attend school through this slush fund to pay athletes too. I've traveled the world and I have never been around people with lower morals than south louisianans

Goldendawg
06-25-2019, 11:39 PM
Not sure if I understand your post correctly. Besides murderers, women and child abusers - somebody that steals from charities, or from (or in the name of) churches are at the top of my sh!t list.

Sometimes family and associates are "blind-sided", and sometimes they are not. If not for their continued twitter PR campaign, I might have had more sympathy for Hugh Freeze's daughters. By the end, I was numb to them. It's a bitch when you get caught.

BTW, has the Touhy family adopted any more down on their lives, poor, athletic kids since that movie?

Goldendawg
06-25-2019, 11:41 PM
He's already plead guilty , have they sentenced him yet ? If he gets off light you know he is singing , which I hope he is. This thing runs all through LSU athletics. I've heard they were funneling state money supposed to be set aside for poor kids to attend school through this slush fund to pay athletes too. I've traveled the world and I have never been around people with lower morals than south louisianans

The late, great Huey Long objects to your last statement! Hail State!

Rustydawg
06-26-2019, 10:49 AM
This crap + the NBA kowtowing to the players supposed sensitivities + NFL players and all their domestic violence and criminal behavior has reduced me to following State's baseball and women's basketball only. Ole Miss is the only school who cheats at women's basketball, right? I may check out the stats of State's pro athletes, but I certainly won't waste time watching a game on tv or in person.