PDA

View Full Version : Getting lost in all this - Skelton

Lord McBuckethead
06-21-2019, 02:59 PM
Dang that guy improved a ton in a years time. I am sure Cheese helped, but man he must have worked his tail off in every facet of the game. By far our most improved player.

Cole Gordon is another one. Between the two regional games last year, the light bulb turned on and really never turned off for Cole. Hope they both play baseball for a long time.

Saltydog
06-21-2019, 03:09 PM
I would absolutely agree about Dusty. Cole, well maybe, maybe not. I love Cole Gordon and glad he returned but he had some struggles this year. He started out hot but struggled in the mid part of the year. He turned it on post season but if you think about it he had an era of around 5 just a few weeks ago.

Tbonewannabe
06-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Skelton is probably the most improved player I have seen from one year to the next. He was a liability behind the plate last year and couldn't throw out anyone. Now he is one of the best defensive catchers in the SEC and maybe the best hitting catcher. Last year he was good for a hit every so often and a bunt but this year he added power and improved his average a lot.

Mjoelner34
06-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Even with a couple of iffy outings at the end (one obviously aided by the asshole behind the plate), add Liebelt to that group too! Dude's ERA was north of 13 last year!

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2019, 12:22 AM
I will put it this way, when a runner took off, I thought Skelton was going to gun him. He also made every bunt defensive cover he should have this year.

I will defend my boy Cole forever. I never want to give one player all the accolades when we win a game, but without Cole coming in game 3 was it in FSU regional and eating up a bunch of innings saving our pen for FSU and Macs homer, we wouldn't have made Omaha last year. Also note, dude went like 30 scoreless innings straight starting right then through this year.

Maroonthirteen
06-22-2019, 06:18 AM
Skelton was the leader at the plate downthe stretch. He was clutch many times.

tcdog70
06-22-2019, 12:25 PM
The games Cole had problems were the games the UMPs squeezed the zone. What reliever doesn't struggle at some point. How good was Cole, well Mfers , we were 47-0 with the lead after the 8th. That would be Cole most of the time.

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2019, 09:55 PM
The games Cole had problems were the games the UMPs squeezed the zone. What reliever doesn't struggle at some point. How good was Cole, well Mfers , we were 47-0 with the lead after the 8th. That would be Cole most of the time.

47 and 1. But yeah. Too soon. Love me some Cole. Hope I get a chance to meet hom someday.