PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season baseball expectation thread

Mjoelner34
06-21-2019, 09:54 AM
Didnt we have one on here? I know I remember posting in it but I cant find it in my history. I believe it was along the lines of what do you expect every year, what would you settle for and what would exceed your expectations. Would be interesting to bump it if someone can find it to see if anyone's expectations changed since before the season.

sleepy dawg
06-21-2019, 10:56 AM
Not preseason, but here are mid to late season prediction threads:

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?74053-Resetting-Baseball-Expectations&highlight=baseball+expectations

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?73927-Expectations-for-baseball&highlight=baseball+expectations

Mjoelner34
06-21-2019, 11:30 AM
The second link is the one I was thinking off. I had thought it was preseason or early season when that thread started.

sleepy dawg
06-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Seems like the vast majorities expectations were met.

Mjoelner34
06-21-2019, 06:45 PM
Seems like the vast majorities expectations were met.

Yep. Mine were. Am I devastated after lastnight? Do I still want to throat-punch the guy behind the plate because of what he started doing to the strike zone during the 7th and kept doing until the game ended? Did I wait to watch the Mangum interviews after I got home from work because I didn't have any onions to blame it on there? The answer to all 3 questions is YES. But, still a helluva season and it met my expectations.

maroonmania
06-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Yep. Mine were. Am I devastated after lastnight? Do I still want to throat-punch the guy behind the plate because of what he started doing to the strike zone during the 7th and kept doing until the game ended? Did I wait to watch the Mangum interviews after I got home from work because I didn't have any onions to blame it on there? The answer to all 3 questions is YES. But, still a helluva season and it met my expectations.

I'm pretty sure 3 months from now I will STILL be wanting to throat-bunch that incompetent clown that was behind the plate last night. First time I've ever seen us lose a CWS game where I felt it was absolutely stolen from us. And what makes it worse is that he was the same HP ump we got in the first game that was giving Ethan Small fits and hurt us in that game as well. I don't think there is a school in America that gets screwed by officiating more than us but I guess I am just used to seeing it more from SEC officials.