PDA

View Full Version : Moving on from last night i am now ready for football. Yes as much as i pound on

99jc
06-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Moorhead I am and always will be Maroon and White. I will be in New Orleans for the first game and am hoping you all are correct about him. Defense will take a step back but hoping with Stephens the offense will be much improved. I realize some of us get emotional when it comes to MSU sports but down deep we just want to succeed. HAIL DAMN STATE!

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2019, 10:54 AM
The defense is going to be fine. Top 25 unit easily IMO

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 10:59 AM
This may sound spoiled (somehow), but it's so hard for me to go from cheering on a team competing for a National Championship and finishing 4-5 in the country, to cheering on a team that at best will finish 3rd or 4th in the freaking Division. Sucks to know going in that there are really only a handful of teams that can truly compete in football.

thf24
06-21-2019, 11:01 AM
With the additions of Stevens and Zuber, I think we're going to be able to tell much more quickly if Moorhead's offense is viable in the SEC than we would have before. Best case it's going to be really fun to watch, worst case we'll know by midseason whether the problem is the players or the system.

KOdawg1
06-21-2019, 11:01 AM
This may sound spoiled (somehow), but it's so hard for me to go from cheering on a team competing for a National Championship and finishing 4-5 in the country, to cheering on a team that at best will finish 3rd or 4th in the freaking Division. Sucks to know going in that there are really only a handful of teams that can truly compete in football.
I feel the same way. Baseball will always be #1 to me. But I love MSU football, and after the sting of last night wears off, I'll get excited for FB season

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2019, 11:07 AM

Not jumping on you at all, its not on you, but I'd say the first step to winning a natty in any sport is believing that you can. If our football program doesnt believe we can then we never will.

2014 had a shot and we collapsed. Hopefully it was a lesson learned

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-21-2019, 11:07 AM
I saw an interesting stat on James Franklin at PSU.

With Moorhead he was something like 30-4, but without Moorhead he was closer to .500. I guess we shall see what effect Moorhead can have on the SEC.

Let's get it!

Pollodawg
06-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Football will always be tops to me, but I do enjoy baseball, and I know as bad as we feel, our boys feel a 1,000x worse.
That’s said, it’s over.

This season all hinges on how Stephens does. He’s gonna start. He wouldn’ t have come here if he wasn’t. He knows this offense. He knows what Moorhead wants. I need to see more Hill in any role possible. Let’s let him catch some passes out of the backfield. He’s a legit weapon. Don’t take the ball out of his hands. Need a wideout to step up. Feeling like that’ll be Guidry. Don’t know about Zuber. I think he’ll impact special teams more than anything else. Do we realize that we haven’t had a punt return for a score since Bumphis did it V. La Tech in ‘11? We haven’t had a consistent PR man since Leon Berry broke his ankle in 2010 and opted out of football.

The D will be fine. We’ve still got bosses there. Not last year special. But it shouldn’t lose us any games. With Simmons and a sweat gone, we will need someone who can get legit pressure on the regular.

Think we’re a 7-5 team. 3-5 conference. We’ll get all four non-cons and UK and OM at home. And, here’s my wild prediction: State clips LSU in Starkville. Heard it here first.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Football will always be tops to me, but I do enjoy baseball, and I know as bad as we feel, our boys feel a 1,000x worse.
That’s said, it’s over.

This season all hinges on how Stephens does. He’s gonna start. He wouldn’ t have come here if he wasn’t. He knows this offense. He knows what Moorhead wants. I need to see more Hill in any role possible. Let’s let him catch some passes out of the backfield. He’s a legit weapon. Don’t take the ball out of his hands. Need a wideout to step up. Feeling like that’ll be Guidry. Don’t know about Zuber. I think he’ll impact special teams more than anything else. Do we realize that we haven’t had a punt return for a score since Bumphis did it V. La Tech in ‘11? We haven’t had a consistent PR man since Leon Berry broke his ankle in 2010 and opted out of football.

The D will be fine. We’ve still got bosses there. Not last year special. But it shouldn’t lose us any games. With Simmons and a sweat gone, we will need someone who can get legit pressure on the regular.

Think we’re a 7-5 team. 3-5 conference. We’ll get all four non-cons and UK and OM at home. And, here’s my wild prediction: State clips LSU in Starkville. Heard it here first.

SEC wins over OM, UK, UT, LSU and Arky.. @ Auburn and A&M are a possible depending on the offense. Zuber will start on offense, he wouldnt have come here if he wasnt.

I am concerned over Kylin Hill's size. I think it just leads to him getting banged up more, that said he has a chance to be as good as Norwood if he will stay healthy. The first reason why the ball isnt always in his hands is probably bc our staff knows this.

99jc
06-21-2019, 12:02 PM

Just remember this we are only a few years removed from being ranked #1 in the country in football. If it can be done once we can do it again just have to have the right coach. And you know as well as I do being ranked #1 in football for 3 weeks trumps the HELL out of being ranked # 1 in baseball or in Basketball.

Gutter Cobreh
06-21-2019, 01:13 PM
Just remember this we are only a few years removed from being ranked #1 in the country in football. If it can be done once we can do it again just have to have the right coach. And you know as well as I do being ranked #1 in football for 3 weeks trumps the HELL out of being ranked # 1 in baseball or in Basketball.

Disagree. We have now reached "several" years removed from #1, not "few".

While football rankings do carry a lot more weight than other sports because it is more popular, the recognition and perception of our university is leaps and bounds ahead of where we were due to the success of all our major sports.

Playing football in the SEC gets you a certain amount of publicity, but when you couple that with NCAA tourney in MBB, Elite 8 and championship games previous 2 years in WBB, and back to back Omaha trips in baseball - the whole body of our athletics has put this school in a position of recognition it has never seen before.

Lastly, please stop masking your disdain for Moorhead. We all know your opinion, so just own it.

Tbonewannabe
06-21-2019, 01:33 PM
With the additions of Stevens and Zuber, I think we're going to be able to tell much more quickly if Moorhead's offense is viable in the SEC than we would have before. Best case it's going to be really fun to watch, worst case we'll know by midseason whether the problem is the players or the system.

I think we will know after the LSU game. I wouldn't be surprised if we just score 10 or so at Auburn and UK is rebuilding more on defense than we are. Our offense looked good against everyone but 4 teams last year so we should know how consistent our offense can be after playing UK, at AU, at UT, and LSU.

msstate7
06-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Disagree. We have now reached "several" years removed from #1, not "few".

While football rankings do carry a lot more weight than other sports because it is more popular, the recognition and perception of our university is leaps and bounds ahead of where we were due to the success of all our major sports.

Playing football in the SEC gets you a certain amount of publicity, but when you couple that with NCAA tourney in MBB, Elite 8 and championship games previous 2 years in WBB, and back to back Omaha trips in baseball - the whole body of our athletics has put this school in a position of recognition it has never seen before.

Lastly, please stop masking your disdain for Moorhead. We all know your opinion, so just own it.

99 has never masked his disdain for Moorhead.

99jc
06-21-2019, 04:10 PM
99 has never masked his disdain for Moorhead.

This is the last time I am going to say this. I don't dislike Moorhead I just think his hardheadedness on offense last season was not the sign of an adaptive coach.
I am all in this season until he proves he isn't an SEC caliper coach. I want him to succeed. I am just not that optimistic.

Liverpooldawg
06-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Baseball is a fun diversion but it's not football or basketball. MSU baseball is probably about 6th on my list when it comes to being really into a team. MSU football, my HS football team, Liverpool soccer, the Nashville Predators, MSU men's basketball, then MSU baseball. After that....MSU women's basketball, USC football, and the Atlanta Braves. Then a big step down to several English soccer clubs; Norwich City, Crystal Palace, Southend United.......then in no particular order.....Salisbury FC, Altrincham, Derby County, Nottingham Forrest, Newport County, Brentford, Cambridge United, and from Scotland, Celtic.

Pollodawg
06-21-2019, 05:21 PM
This is the last time I am going to say this. I don't dislike Moorhead I just think his hardheadedness on offense last season was not the sign of an adaptive coach.
I am all in this season until he proves he isn't an SEC caliper coach. I want him to succeed. I am just not that optimistic.

What caliper coach? I just feel like you’re putting the squeeze on the man.....

Jack Lambert
06-21-2019, 05:45 PM

Two years after being number 1 in football we only won five games and got lucky in the bowl game.. There was more negativity over Moorhead and last season then there was then. Too many Frogs on this board.

Coach34
06-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Shittttttt Mane

We got an offensive genius HC who has his QB with a legit WR transfer plus all the talent we had returning there. Really good OL and RB's. Defense wont miss a beat after losing 3 1st rounders- we are stocked with top tier talent. Schedule is easy with that idiot Orgeron coming to Sville and moron Gus in Auburn. Jimbo aint doing shit at A&M. We have a really good shot at 10-11 wins this Fall. You gone see. Blee dat

Goldendawg
06-21-2019, 08:09 PM
What caliper coach? I just feel like you’re putting the squeeze on the man.....

"Caliper"? that's one is the new parts I replaced on my '79 vette this month along with other suspension parts. Don't put the brakes on Jo!*** Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
06-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Shittttttt Mane

We got an offensive genius HC who has his QB with a legit WR transfer plus all the talent we had returning there. Really good OL and RB's. Defense wont miss a beat after losing 3 1st rounders- we are stocked with top tier talent. Schedule is easy with that idiot Orgeron coming to Sville and moron Gus in Auburn. Jimbo aint doing shit at A&M. We have a really good shot at 10-11 wins this Fall. You gone see. Blee dat

Delusional,where are you at these days expert?

HoopsDawg
06-21-2019, 09:24 PM
Shittttttt Mane

LOL, +1.