PDA

View Full Version : Jake Mangum

MetEdDawg
06-21-2019, 12:11 AM
If you aren't on twitter or don't have access to videos our media folks put out, go get access.

Jake laying it all on the line in the post game press conference.

Says Lemonis will bring the first national championship to MSU. Went on a minute and a half speech about how important a 3rd paid assistant is. Says this was the best 4 years of his life. Talked about how 11.7 scholarships isn't enough and that college baseball needs to adapt.

Fought tears the entire way saying it all.

Greatest Bulldawg to walk on campus folks.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2019, 12:12 AM
Agreed. Hard not to cry myself watching that kid

StarkVegasSteve
06-21-2019, 01:14 AM
Thank you to Jake. That kid left it all on the field. He is the absolute definition of a 17 BULLDOG. I get emotional every time I hear him talk about this university cause he loves it so much. So to Jake.......Thank You. You left this program in 1000x times better shape than you found it, Damn, I'm gonna miss that kid

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 01:16 AM
Legend

Thank you Mayor

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 01:29 AM
Legend

Thank you Mayor

Wow. Going to miss you, Jake. Not sure how it wasnt in the cards for you to win the big one. Maybe winning a Natty would somehow change the type of people that play and cheer for the Maroon and White....if so, I'm ok with never winning one, bc people like Jake Mangum are what make MSU such a special place, and no Championship is worth losing that.

ETA: why is my post showing up as a link? How do I fix it?
(Fixed. you can't. It's because Deadhead used tweet not tweet2 to embeed the tweet) - Scooba

Bothrops
06-21-2019, 02:06 AM
Jake, you will always be revered by MSU and fans! We will be supporting you in the Pros. Best of luck! Hailstate!

Todd4State
06-21-2019, 02:13 AM
Wow. Going to miss you, Jake. Not sure how it wasnt in the cards for you to win the big one. Maybe winning a Natty would somehow change the type of people that play and cheer for the Maroon and White....if so, I'm ok with never winning one, bc people like Jake Mangum are what make MSU such a special place, and no Championship is worth losing that.

ETA: why is my post showing up as a link? How do I fix it?

It's players like Jake Mangum that lead to a following from baseball players like what LSU has. We start to get some of those types of players and we will win titles.

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 02:43 AM
It's players like Jake Mangum that lead to a following from baseball players like what LSU has. We start to get some of those types of players and we will win titles.

I agree

msbulldog
06-21-2019, 06:13 AM
Thanks for all the memories that you gave us Jake, your name will be revered by MSU fans for years to come.

Scared_Hitless
06-21-2019, 07:10 AM
Jake layed it all on the line for 4 years for this school. He brought so many memories and carried a torch for our school the whole way. He deserved to be the one to bring the championship to this school he really did. Also he made the throw to save the game and Skelton couldn't hold on it just wasn't meant to be. Going to miss the Mayor.

msstate7
06-21-2019, 07:16 AM
Jake layed it all on the line for 4 years for this school. He brought so many memories and carried a torch for our school the whole way. He deserved to be the one to bring the championship to this school he really did. Also he made the throw to save the game and Skelton couldn't hold on it just wasn't meant to be. Going to miss the Mayor.

That throw to the plate was unbelievable. I don't think it was the right decision though. It was a low probability on getting an out, and then winning run is at 2nd.

Todd4State
06-21-2019, 07:21 AM
That throw to the plate was unbelievable. I don't think it was the right decision though. It was a low probability on getting an out, and then winning run is at 2nd.

I think it was a good decision. The throw was there. Catcher couldn't hold onto it.

msstate7
06-21-2019, 07:31 AM
I think it was a good decision. The throw was there. Catcher couldn't hold onto it.

The fact he got it there in time certainly justifies it.

Mjoelner34
06-21-2019, 07:55 AM
Thank you Jake! You will be irreplacable in more ways than one. See you in 20 years Coach Mangum!

smootness
06-21-2019, 08:23 AM

It was the right decision. He's trying to win the game, and we had a chance. Even if he keeps the runner at 1st, there's still nobody out and the next guy gets a hit that probably puts them on the corners with 0 outs.

Getting the runner at the plate was our only shot.

msstate7
06-21-2019, 08:26 AM
It was the right decision. He's trying to win the game, and we had a chance. Even if he keeps the runner at 1st, there's still nobody out and the next guy gets a hit that probably puts them on the corners with 0 outs.

Getting the runner at the plate was our only shot.

Maybe. If he keeps runner at 1b, they'd have given us an out to get em to 2b

smootness
06-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Maybe. If he keeps runner at 1b, they'd have given us an out to get em to 2b

Yeah, probably. But we've still got a runner at 2nd, 1 out, and a tie game. Not a great spot to be in. Trying to get the tying runner (and he obviously had a real shot) is the play.