PDA

View Full Version : 2 out of our 3 games at the CWS blown by umpires.

dantheman4248
06-20-2019, 11:32 PM
And I mean that as someone with umpiring experience so I do not say that lightly. What?s sad is the game we won is the one with the worst umpiring. Having a tight zone is one thing. Going from that to a couple innings of wide zone then once pitchers were settled squeezing again. An absolute joke.

The play at second tonight. By all replays shown at the park you could put together and conclude he was safe. If that?s not allowed... then why the **** not. If it is... why the hell do we even have replay if you?re just going to trust the umpire? Pointless.

Add to it tonight no one in the park knew when the ump was calling a strike or a ball. I get people don?t like ?showy? umpires. But I especially don?t like ?move like they?re 90? umpires. It definitely lead to him calling where the ball ended in the glove rather than where it crossed the plate. It ruined Cole Gordon?s amazing save and punching out the side. (Three looking strikeouts. Flat amazing from him. He can?t do anything else.)

I gotta ask what it?s gotta take to get us willing to either invest in better training / pay for better umpiring. Or even what do we have to do to get to where we accept using technology to call balls and strikes. I hate seeing kids robbed by ?neutral? forces. It?s an absolute disgrace.

Percho
06-21-2019, 01:13 PM
And I mean that as someone with umpiring experience so I do not say that lightly. What?s sad is the game we won is the one with the worst umpiring. Having a tight zone is one thing. Going from that to a couple innings of wide zone then once pitchers were settled squeezing again. An absolute joke.

The play at second tonight. By all replays shown at the park you could put together and conclude he was safe. If that?s not allowed... then why the **** not. If it is... why the hell do we even have replay if you?re just going to trust the umpire? Pointless.

Add to it tonight no one in the park knew when the ump was calling a strike or a ball. I get people don?t like ?showy? umpires. But I especially don?t like ?move like they?re 90? umpires. It definitely lead to him calling where the ball ended in the glove rather than where it crossed the plate. It ruined Cole Gordon?s amazing save and punching out the side. (Three looking strikeouts. Flat amazing from him. He can?t do anything else.)

I gotta ask what it?s gotta take to get us willing to either invest in better training / pay for better umpiring. Or even what do we have to do to get to where we accept using technology to call balls and strikes. I hate seeing kids robbed by ?neutral? forces. It?s an absolute disgrace.

I also concluded he was safe , however no replay showed him to be safe, therefore because the umpire had called him out, he was out.