PDA

View Full Version : Grade Lemonis

Marvin
06-20-2019, 11:01 PM
C- hire for me so far. You couldn?t **** it up too bad with the sheer talent and leadership we have on this team. At this level you make the big bucks on the margins and his margins are inept. Going to Riley Self is almost a fireable offense yesterday. Westberg is clearly lost at sea but sitting in the critical 2 hole forever. Colby White nowhere to be found. Not saying a damn word to fight for your pitcher to get those strike calls.

Get off the bucket.

gravedigger
06-20-2019, 11:03 PM
C- hire for me so far. You couldn?t **** it up too bad with the sheer talent and leadership we have on this team. At this level you make the big bucks on the margins and his margins are inept. Going to Riley Self is almost a fireable offense yesterday. Westberg is clearly lost at sea but sitting in the critical 2 hole forever. Colby White nowhere to be found. Not saying a damn word to fight for your pitcher to get those strike calls.

Get off the bucket.

Solid A.

If you didn?t have the guts to post this once we got to the CWS, take your weak shit somewhere else.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-20-2019, 11:05 PM
Gautreau or Henderson could have easily got us this far....I give him a C...

BuckyIsAB****
You cant say this now....but not pitching Colby White the past 2 days (maybe there is an off the field reason) and our hitting approach being consistently shit away from home is cause for concern.

End of the day if we all knew in Feb that it would end in Omaha I bet a bunch of us wouldve taken it

Marvin
Solid A.

If you didn?t have the guts to post this once we got to the CWS, take your weak shit somewhere else.

He hadnt brought in Riley self against Vandy in the make or break inning of the CWS before the CWS.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:06 PM
B-
Good, not great regular season. Terrible CWS. If State fans complain about a lack of emotion from Jo, I can’t imagine a fat dude sitting in his seat and never doing anything being appreciated.
I think there’s a reason Indiana had all those draft picks and never won. Good recruiter but not a tremendous game manager.

ZedFedder
06-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Don’t be a prisoner of the moment. We finished as a national seed and did well. We made it to the final 6. A- for me just because we didn’t get to the championship series.

preachermatt83
06-20-2019, 11:07 PM

Get off the bucket.

This is the most asinine post I’ve ever seen on this board and that’s saying a ton.

deadheaddawg
A negative one gazillion. So he's a bizzillion times better that Mooronhead idiot

ZedFedder
B-
Good, not great regular season. Terrible CWS. If State fans complain about a lack of emotion from Jo, I can’t imagine a fat dude sitting in his seat and never doing anything being appreciated.
I think there’s a reason Indiana had all those draft picks and never won. Good recruiter but not a tremendous game manager.

What would we have had to do for it to be raised from a good to great regular season? Seriously I’m perplexed by this.

MarketingBully
B

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:08 PM
Y'all are the worst fans ever. Giving a coach anything less than an A for finishing Top 6 is the most bullshit, emotional, childish crap I've ever seen.

You should all have your ability to be an MSU fan revoked. Absolute worst take this board has ever seen.

I truly despise a lot of our fans. I mean I can't even begin to fathom how stupid people think we all are with takes likes this.

preachermatt83
06-20-2019, 11:08 PM
Gautreau or Henderson could have easily got us this far....I give him a C...

Good gosh man. You have completely lost it.

preachermatt83
06-20-2019, 11:09 PM
Easily an A. Anything can happen in Omaha. We have all said the goal here is to host a regional and win it... after that there are too many variables. Guy takes a team to Omaha in year one and we have morons giving him a C grade. It’s mind boggling

maroonmania
06-20-2019, 11:09 PM
B-

I like but his temperament is just so laid back as compared to Cohen or Cannizaro. He is more like a Polk who didn't have great success in post-season. Personally I would prefer a little more fire in my HC he did a good B+ job this year. Won 50+ games and got us to the CWS.

preachermatt83
06-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Y'all are the worst fans ever. Giving a coach anything less than an A for finishing Top 6 is the most bullshit, emotional, childish crap I've ever seen.

You should all have your ability to be an MSU fan revoked. Absolute worst take this board has ever seen.

Exactly!! It’s embarrasing that we have fans this childish. I would not be surprised if some of these were high school kids.

HoopsDawg
06-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Can't grade this hire for at least 2 more years. Baseball is a long recruiting process. Henderson got us here last year, actually further. As for this year, A until Omaha. F in Omaha. I disagreed with so many decisions. And unlike a lot of people on this board, I wasn't second guessing.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:11 PM
What would we have had to do for it to be raised from a good to great regular season? Seriously I?m perplexed by this.

Win the division out right or the conference. We had the SEC hits leader, two first rd pitchers, and everybody back. My standards are higher now. Yours should be too.

preachermatt83
06-20-2019, 11:11 PM
What would we have had to do for it to be raised from a good to great regular season? Seriously I’m perplexed by this.

It’s truly mind boggling isn’t it ?

MarketingBully
06-20-2019, 11:12 PM

Incredible regular season and melted in the post season. This team had as much talent as our 89 team and was more talented then our 2013 team. Hell, Lemonis didn’t even take us farther then we have been before. He made some mind blowingly dumb decisions these last two days.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
How many games we win at the CWS last year?

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
52 wins is a damn good season. We had some talent for sure but a lot of holes that were exposed this week. Some of you guys have gone full retard. I could get on board with possibly wanting to go a different direction with a hitting coach. Geatrea did not do a good job in the CWS. That is most likely me being prisoner of the moment though since our bats were so good for the majority of the season. Most of our at bats this week were painful to watch though.

AlSwearengen
06-20-2019, 11:14 PM
A. We have a lot of talent but look at where our draftees were drafted compared to some of the other top teams. We had Small in the 1st, Jake in the 4th, and White in the 6th. Everyone else pretty late.

My biggest complaint with Lemonis is we are a little too aggressive at the plate.

As far as the pitching decisions, even our best bullpen guys could be inconsistent. We didn?t have a left hander that we could rely on. White was good for one inning it seemed. If Leibelt and Gordon both struggled, we were in a tight spot. Outside of Leibelt, White, and Gordon we had a lot of guys that you didn?t know what you were going to get. I think he was always concerned with keeping a pitcher in his back pocket b/c they all could be inconsistent.

MetEdDawg
Win the division out right or the conference. We had the SEC hits leader, two first rd pitchers, and everybody back. My standards are higher now. Yours should be too.

The two teams we finished behind in conference both went to Omaha. One of them is about to win it all. The other one returned a ton of pieces from a team that was a dropped pop fly away from winning a natty.

It's not like we underachieved. You can win a lot of games and still finish behind really good teams. And you can still be considered great. Which this team is.

deadheaddawg

I truly despise a lot of our fans. I mean I can't even begin to fathom how stupid people think we all are with tales likes this.

So much truth. People like cooterpoint are so dumb it absolutely fascinates me.

He's like one of those dungeon and dragons or comic book freaks that lives in his mom's basement and can't get a girl so he takes shit waaaaaaaay too seriously .......it keeps him from thinking like and adult.

I bet if you monitored his brain activity during a game you would see an actual chemical reaction that is identical to PMS.

Absolutely fascinating

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:15 PM
Incredible regular season and melted in the post season. This team had as much talent as our 89 team and was more talented then our 2013 team. Hell, Lemonis didn’t even take us farther then we have been before. He made some mind blowingly dumb decisions these last two days.

Two days doesn't make a season. Anything less than an A is emotional bull crap.

We finished Top 6 and had to face Vandy. A bunch of folks bitching about playing Vandy and it being unfair are now saying Lemonis should have gone farther. You can't have it both ways people.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:16 PM
I expect to win the CWS. I’m sorry you guys are content. We will finish lower this year than last year.

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 11:19 PM
I expect to win the CWS. I’m sorry you guys are content. We will finish lower this year than last year.

Drugs are bad

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:20 PM
Drugs are bad

But better than low expectations

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:20 PM

Learn to be disappointed. Expecting to do something our university has never done is freaking stupid. You are purposefully setting yourself up to not only be mad, but enjoy bitching about it on a message board.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:22 PM
Bottom line, we have two programs with a shot at a championship- Baseball and WBB. Being content finishing worse than last season with our retuning guys isn’t an option for me. Sorry.

BeardoMSU
06-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Easily an A. Anything can happen in Omaha. We have all said the goal here is to host a regional and win it... after that there are too many variables. Guy takes a team to Omaha in year one and we have morons giving him a C grade. It?s mind boggling

This^^

BayouDawg

Not looking that way chief

Cooterpoot
Learn to be disappointed. Expecting to do something our university has never done is freaking stupid. You are purposefully setting yourself up to not only be mad, but enjoy bitching about it on a message board.

We have too many loser fans like you. Now go tell your kids to never dream and chase those dreams.

ZedFedder
06-20-2019, 11:25 PM
You can expect to win the CWS and still be impressed with this season. It isn’t mutually exclusive.

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 11:26 PM

I can assure you the coaches an players arent content after tonight. You cant have one of your most reliable relievers walk the ball park and then botch a dp with a 3 run lead and expect to win championships.

Scared_Hitless
06-20-2019, 11:26 PM
Easy A for me. This was one of the most memorable seasons in quite sometime. Contrary to popular belief our talent level needs to be raised we have a lot of athletes still learning to play ball. Westburg has to improve for next season. Other than that it was a fun ride top 6 aint bad even though it stings. Gotta keep knocking eventually we will get home.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:27 PM
We have too many loser fans like you. Now go tell your kids to never dream and chase those dreams.

So because I don't expect a championship I'm a loser?

You're such a bad poster. I don't expect championships. That doesn't mean the goal isn't a championship. There's a difference between setting a goal and expecting it to happen. I didn't expect for us to win a national championship. I expected us to compete for one.

We did that and nothing you say will change that. Comparing years is stupid because that completely discounts what other teams do. Vandy of last year was nothing like Vandy of this year. Us not drawing Michigan and Florida State completely changes things when we are 1 of 3 national seeds on our side.

You just want to look holier than thou and have these grandiose expectations to look better than everyone else.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 11:28 PM
I give him an A. Usually in year one there are a ton of growing pains and I don't think we had that.

I give Foxhall a B. I would have liked to have seen Colby White used more and the decision to not bring him in during the sixth inning against Vanderbilt probably did us in. That said the pitching improved and it may improve more once he gets "his guys in".

I give Gautreau an A. Hitting was among the best in the SEC and yes we struggled in the CWS but that's more about who we were facing. We still put up at least three runs a game and we had a nice comeback against Auburn.

I give Cheesebrough an A+ for what he did with Skelton

I give whoever coaches defense a C. We need to improve there a lot because our defense let us down at times. Our season could have been a lot worse if we didn't have Ethan Small who literally mowed down hitters for 5-6 IP a game every time and almost totally took our defense out of the equation for one game a week.

KOdawg1
A-

BeardoMSU
How many games we win at the CWS last year?

Last year we beat Washington and UNC, dude. And lost to the eventual champ. This year we lost to Vandy and UL [home plate ump with the assist]....yeah, if ever there were apples and oranges....

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:29 PM
52 wins is a damn good season. We had some talent for sure but a lot of holes that were exposed this week. Some of you guys have gone full retard. I could get on board with possibly wanting to go a different direction with a hitting coach. Geatrea did not do a good job in the CWS. That is most likely me being prisoner of the moment though since our bats were so good for the majority of the season. Most of our at bats this week were painful to watch though.

Our bats were good at home. Average at best away from home. Probably well below average. We might have set an all time low for hitting with runners on the last 3 games

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:29 PM
You can expect to win the CWS and still be impressed with this season. It isn’t mutually exclusive.

Not when we finished worse than the previous season. With an interim coach. And you guys act like I graded him an F. Only the CWS was an F. Go pump that shine . It was a let down type season. He gets a B- from me.

BeardoMSU
06-20-2019, 11:30 PM

^^^^^^Smart words, y'all; read 'em.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Easy A for me. This was one of the most memorable seasons in quite sometime. Contrary to popular belief our talent level needs to be raised we have a lot of athletes still learning to play ball. Westburg has to improve for next season. Other than that it was a fun ride top 6 aint bad even though it stings. Gotta keep knocking eventually we will get home.

This is a good post. We need to keep raising the talent level of players that we are adding and get more Ginn's and top 200 draft prospects. It took Vanderbilt a decade or more to get to their level and a lot of it is reputation to a degree. If we develop that kind of a reputation while at the same time finding and developing the Rooker's, Renfroe's, and Cumbest's and getting them into pro ball we will be every bit as good as we compete with them now pretty well. See the SR's last year.

Keep going to Omaha and it will increase our chances of winning it all.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-20-2019, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=preachermatt83;1122956]Good gosh man. You have completely
Are you forgetting Henderson took us further (and beat Vandy at Vandy twice to get to Omaha) with less talent than we had this year after the Cannizzaro fiasco..

BeardoMSU
06-20-2019, 11:35 PM
This is a good post. We need to keep raising the talent level of players that we are adding and get more Ginn's and top 200 draft prospects. It took Vanderbilt a decade or more to get to their level and a lot of it is reputation to a degree. If we develop that kind of a reputation while at the same time finding and developing the Rooker's, Renfroe's, and Cumbest's and getting them into pro ball we will be every bit as good as we compete with them now pretty well. See the SR's last year.

Keep going to Omaha and it will increase our chances of winning it all.

Great post, and seconded Scared_Hitless'.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=preachermatt83;1122956]Good gosh man. You have completely
Are you forgetting Henderson took us further (and beat Vandy at Vandy twice to get to Omaha) with less talent than we had this year after the Cannizzaro fiasco..

One game? Literally one game further. That's what you are basing this off of? Are you forgetting that we won more games overall this year?

And what do you mean "less talent"? We had the same team basically as last year. And I would sure love to have had Konnor Pilkington, Hunter Stovall and hell yes I'll say it- LA on this year's team.

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 11:43 PM
Holy shit cooterpoint is a damn idiot. He's honestly not worthy of engaging, except it's kinda fun to watch him melt and pout.

Dudes strategy to winning a national championship is to give coaches 12 months and if they don't do it in those 12 months they suck and should be fired.

You honestly can't make this up. Or Maybe you can. Maybe he's fake. That would explain it better, because I can't imagine someone that dumb surviving into adulthood.

He has no clue how any of this works. He doesn't understand how baseball works. How sports works. How running a big business works.

He is probably a failure in real life and he expects a handout because of it and if he doesn't get it immediately he throws a hissy fit.

Just astonishing

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:47 PM
You guys can have your contentment. I choose to want more and expect more. I’ve never backed away from that approach in anything. It doesn’t mean the season was a failure. It means it wasn’t as successful as I wanted or expected.
State fans need to expect to win championships in baseball. Being a loveable loser is vastly overrated.

Apoplectic
06-20-2019, 11:47 PM
Lem - A
Gaux - B
Fox - B-

Dawg61
06-20-2019, 11:51 PM
A. We didn't have much depth in our bullpen and our hitting wasn't good away from Dudy. 52 wins is a phenomenal 1st year though.

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 11:52 PM
You guys can have your contentment. I choose to want more and expect more. I’ve never backed away from that approach in anything. It doesn’t mean the season was a failure. It means it wasn’t as successful as I wanted or expected.
State fans need to expect to win championships in baseball. Being a loveable loser is vastly overrated.

lol. You are so darn cute. You kinda remind me of my brother when he was 8.

bobcat91
He gets an A. We won 52 games and will finish in the top 5. And no we would not have done this with Henderson or Canni. He was able to coach around the fact we have few power arms and few power hitters. He is going to make his money recruiting. A team like Louisville kept coming out with mid 90s power pitchers and we had mainly junk ballers. He got the most out of the team and that's good coaching.

Todd4State

My expectations range.

The ceiling is a National Title. The floor is a Super Regional. I expect us to win every time. I really honestly do. But I also know that in baseball you're never going to go undefeated and accept that well...shit happens. You have to move past it and look at what you did well and also at the same time what you need to improve to win a National Title.

I'm actually very encouraged honestly because we're pretty close to having an elite team and we finally have some stability after the past four years where we can really start to make some strides.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 11:53 PM
lol. You are so darn cute. You kinda remind me of my brother when he was 8.

Meh. I expect better than that too. You suck at trolling.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2019, 12:00 AM
Meh. I expect better than that too. You suck at trolling.

Its in every thread

BayouDawg
06-21-2019, 12:04 AM
A. We didn't have much depth in our bullpen and our hitting wasn't good away from Dudy. 52 wins is a phenomenal 1st year though.

So true! We forget that our two most reliable relievers were Liebs who couldnt get Steven hawking out last year and Cole Gordon who was a complete liability until post season last year.

Our approach at the plate against elite pitching this year has me worried. I understand it is going to be much more difficult to hit the elite arms. Thats a given. But it looked like we didnt even have a basic plan at the plate when we went up against good arms. I mean at least drive the damn pitch count up.

BeardoMSU
06-21-2019, 12:28 AM
What Jake has to say about this stupid ****ing thread....

https://www.facebook.com/HailStateBB/videos/1103117253231581/

preachermatt83
06-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Last year we beat Washington and UNC, dude. And lost to the eventual champ. This year we lost to Vandy and UL [home plate ump with the assist]....yeah, if ever there were apples and oranges....

Yup!

preachermatt83
06-21-2019, 12:31 AM
Holy shit cooterpoint is a damn idiot. He's honestly not worthy of engaging, except it's kinda fun to watch him melt and pout.

Dudes strategy to winning a national championship is to give coaches 12 months and if they don't do it in those 12 months they suck and should be fired.

You honestly can't make this up. Or Maybe you can. Maybe he's fake. That would explain it better, because I can't imagine someone that dumb surviving into adulthood.

He has no clue how any of this works. He doesn't understand how baseball works. How sports works. How running a big business works.

He is probably a failure in real life and he expects a handout because of it and if he doesn't get it immediately he throws a hissy fit.

Just astonishing

It’s downright sad isn’t it.

timotheus
06-21-2019, 12:36 AM
sad real sad

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 12:56 AM
I hope none of these people bashing lemonis had the nerve to hope we got dan mcdonnell or Jim Schlossnagle when we were searching for a coach, because they must view them as awful coaches.

I would love to know that Marvin, leeflunk, or cootie was on here hoping for Schlossnagle. That would be so much irony I couldn't take it

Bothrops
06-21-2019, 01:52 AM
He gets an A at 52-15. Anybody who gives him a C is being ignorant. He needs to hold on to his coaches.

MrKotter
06-21-2019, 05:30 AM
F. My dog could have gotten this team at least this far. Fat ass better be one hell of a recruiter because he?s shit as a coach

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-21-2019, 05:53 AM
For a "baseball school" we have a large number of incredibly ignorant baseball fans

Tbonewannabe
06-21-2019, 05:56 AM
I like but his temperament is just so laid back as compared to Cohen or Cannizaro. He is more like a Polk who didn't have great success in post-season. Personally I would prefer a little more fire in my HC he did a good B+ job this year. Won 50+ games and got us to the CWS.

He lost 2 games in the post season by a combined 4 runs. Vandy was almost top to bottom better than us and we were 3 outs away from playing Vandy again. If you think that is not great success then save yourself the heartbreak and quit watching baseball.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-21-2019, 06:34 AM
If Lemonis is a C, then he is still a huge upgrade over Polk, Cohen, Can, and Henderson, because they were all incompetent. I know that because I've read it right here on this message board before.

Quaoarsking
06-21-2019, 06:46 AM
We aren't the type of program where finishing in the top 5 is less than an A.

I hope Lemonis gets us there of course, but I don't know if the nature of baseball even makes that possible.

Scared_Hitless
06-21-2019, 07:01 AM
Here is where we need to go forward. More power arms in the bullpen, for a starter it is okay to be a groundball pitcher, but we need more strikeout guys in our bullpen. Sometimes with walks and inconsistent strike zones in college you can win by just putting a ball in play that is what happened last night. I do not know why Colby White wasnt used last night, but if we had our choice before the game of entering the 7th up 3 runs and Liebelt and Cole ready to roll we take those odds.

We also need more power, HRs are game changing momentum based plays we need more guys with raw power. Cumbest, Hatcher, Hancock all showed some flashes this season lets see how they develop. I really think Cumbest could be a big time prospect and player, but it would require giving up football. I do not think he reaches his potential in either sport splitting time he is too raw on both fields.

Lastly I am just going to miss watching this group play, between Jake being Mr. Consistent and Big hit Mac. To Ethan having the best season in our school's history we are losing alot. Cole Gordon did not lose us the game that man gave us everything for 5 years he got 0 calls in the 9th inning and probably in frustration hung the curve. So thank you to these Jrs. and Srs. they made a ton of memories for this fanbase.

timotheus
06-21-2019, 07:02 AM
Future recruiting will determine whether he continues to receive and A grade in my opinion. We need arm talent by the truck loads.

StarkvilleGuru
06-21-2019, 07:25 AM
Anybody on this board who gives Lemonis less than an A or A- needs to realize that our baseball team just won 52 games in a season. In the SEC. This isn't Frank Martin who gets 40 wins from freebee teams like Boston College, Pitt, and Va Tech. We competed in the SEC West and he got 52 wins. The post isn't "did Lemonis make every perfect decision?" This is a grade based on his body of work for the season. We already know his best attribute is supposed to be recruiting and he really hasn't even been able to do that yet.

Lemonis probably made some mistakes in the CWS, and I'm not denying that. But don't be so shortsighted that you don't see the great season for months before that. Dan Mullen was the king of making horrendous calls, but he was the best coach to roll through MS State football (sorry Jackie). Rest assured that our program is in the hands of the man who WILL bring State its first national championship.

BrunswickDawg
06-21-2019, 07:38 AM
F. My dog could have gotten this team at least this far. Fat ass better be one hell of a recruiter because he?s shit as a coach

In a thread full of terrible takes, you somehow made one that stands out for stupidity. Bravo.

basedog
06-21-2019, 07:46 AM
A all day long, winning over 50 games and finishing top 6 in country is a major plus all day long and twice on Sunday!

Losing only one non conference game has to be a first.

dantheman4248
06-21-2019, 07:50 AM
Season as a whole: A, CWS appearance, 50+ wins, Swept OM, managed JT Ginn and his injuries perfectly. No real bad losses.

CWS: C-, lucked out that our team decided to hit the ball in the 9th vs. Auburn. Should have adjusted approaches once we realized the umpire was squeezing everybody, but he lucked out on our aggressive approach. Didn?t ever attempt to ?manufacture? a run. I get that?s ?not how we got here?; however, that?s not how you generally win in Omaha. You have to be able to manufacture runs when the bats aren?t going. Runners on 1st and 2nd No out. Foscue should not hit into a double play. Period. You bunt it at TD ameritrade. This ballpark does not play like 90% of the other parks. The pitching decisions in our one bad inning against Vandy... whew. I don?t know what to say about that. Yea this team had experience in Omaha but the coach showed he didn?t. He needs to learn to adapt to that park if he ever wants to win it all or we may have our own Frank Martin in the making. (Not a bad thing by any stretch, but you play to win soooooo).

Bdawg
06-21-2019, 07:53 AM
Can't grade this hire for at least 2 more years. Baseball is a long recruiting process. Henderson got us here last year, actually further. As for this year, A until Omaha. F in Omaha. I disagreed with so many decisions. And unlike a lot of people on this board, I wasn't second guessing.

Think I'm in the same boat with you. Great job right up till Omaha. Didn't like many decision made with the pitching staff in Omaha. Also, I've been scratching my head for a while now over our approach at the plate(but that's probably more on Jake G). Think Lemonis gave Jake G a lot of leeway when dealing with our hitting. But time will tell how good he really is. I think he can be pretty dang good.

PMDawg
06-21-2019, 07:54 AM

Get off the bucket.

Take a few days to cool off man. He did a great job all year. I give him an A. I don't think you can go lower than A-. It's hard to win at Omaha.

PMDawg
06-21-2019, 08:02 AM

Just astonishing

Hey Mods, remember when it was against the rules to personally attack people on this board? I member. Look at this guy's posting history. Literally 90% arguing, calling names, or just being a jerk in general.

Bdawg
06-21-2019, 08:04 AM

Now this is the wrong take. You are saying we are stupid to expect to win the cws? What do you think the players goals were? Heck we've made it here 2 years in a row. It may never happen, but a program as great as ours should expect one sometime or another

fader2103
06-21-2019, 08:06 AM
Hey Mods, remember when it was against the rules to personally attack people on this board? I member. Look at this guy's posting history. Literally 90% arguing, calling names, or just being a jerk in general.

Let's just make elitedawgs a safe space for liberals!

Dawgology
06-21-2019, 08:08 AM
He finished I think one game off from being the winningest first year head coach in SEC history. We will see how recruiting goes. Looks like a solid high B/low A. If he knocks it out in recruiting this off season that grade will go up.

Political Hack
06-21-2019, 08:08 AM
A+. Top 6 finish is always an A. The fact he did it without sexting anybody gets him the +.

StateDawg44
06-21-2019, 08:09 AM
Some of these terrible takes are worse than OM fans wanting to fire bianco.

Dawgology
06-21-2019, 08:12 AM
A+. Top 6 finish is always an A. The fact he did it without sexting anybody gets him the +.

Lmao!! Good one.

Liverpooldawg
06-21-2019, 08:12 AM

Unrealistic expectations will drive you to drugs.

Liverpooldawg
06-21-2019, 08:14 AM
He gets a solid A for this year. As for the hire.....too soon to tell. Why even ask that question after one year?

smootness
06-21-2019, 08:18 AM
I hate our fanbase sometimes; there is just a portion who have no clue what they're talking about and make it miserable.

There is no way he can get less than a solid A for the year, period.
We won 52 games, 20 in the SEC.
We lost 2 series all year.
We ended the season ranked #3 in the country.
We swept our regional with ease.
We swept #4 Stanford in the SR.
We won a game in the CWS and weren't terribly far away from winning the 2 games we lost.

Anyone who sees all that and says anything less than an A, in any year ever, is absolutely insane.

So we didn't win the freaking national title. Give it up, quit being babies. You know who else won't win the national title? Every other team in the entire country except Vandy. Because they're head and shoulders better than everyone else.

I just love that if Tanner Allen goes home with the ball and takes 3rd on his double in the Vandy game, everyone saying C- or F or whatever the heck suddenly is totally cool with everything. LOL.

tcdog70
06-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Dammit Boy, some of Y'all are dumbasses. We win 52 games and go to Omaha That is an solid A season. Baseball is a fickle game. What is a strike in the 1st inning isn't a strike in the 9th. We had our 2 relief pitchers issue lead off walks-how is that The Coaches fault--shit we were 47-0 after leading in the 8th. if the Ump wouldn't have changed his strike zone Cole strikes out the first 2 batters. the only problem I had was bringing in Self against Vandy, but still if Tanner doesn't screw that DP up that move works. All kind of things screwed us up last night-Skelton not hanging on to the tag, Foscue messing up DP, Ump squeezing the zone the last couple of innings. if you don't walk them, I don't believe they could have beaten us. But I would like to say Ginn did a hell of a job--Atta Boy for Him. our Big hitters failed to get a big Hit--Big Hit Mac--had plenty of chances to win both games. Foscue and Westy also didn't hit with runners in scoring position. The bottom of our order did OK.

DownwardDawg
06-21-2019, 08:48 AM
Easily an A to me. No coach is perfect, but he made all the right moves for the most part. I?m very happy with him. I think he?s gonna win a natty very soon.

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 09:14 AM

You are proof that societies biggest mistake is letting just anyone have children. The human race will never get better with your parents gene pool floating around. I pray to the lord your uterus doesn't work and you have not birth any children

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 09:17 AM

You are a coward. You have no problem with these other cowards calling our players names and making fun of our coaches apperances, even though they are not here. But suddenly you have this moral high ground where you want to protect these cowards from having them same thing done to them.

Grow a pair, you hypocrite

99jc
06-21-2019, 09:19 AM
As someone who touted us as #1 team all season to lose like this is devastating but I still grade him as an A. What got us to the CWS is exactly what took us down inconsistent fielding and clutch hitting especially with 2 outs. Everything has to click right when you get to the series just ask Florida State they have been 17 times without winning the natty. I would rather have teams that have a chance to win it all like WBB and Baseball than not. if we consistently place teams in the top 10 eventually we will break through. Hail State!

sleepy dawg
06-21-2019, 09:33 AM
A.

Easily one of the greatest overall seasons in the history of the university.

BB30
06-21-2019, 10:01 AM
Dude gets an A. You don't win 50 games by chance, it takes a good team and a good coach to get that done.

Anyone could see from the beginning that we were missing a few pieces in the pen and we weren't great defensively all year. Those same two things came back to bite us.

The bottom line is you need a deep pitching staff which we haven't had in a while. Yea, we had two first rounders but there are a lot more innings to eat than that. The staff did alright this year but it wasn't filled with elite level talent and the elite level talent we did have weren't ready to contribute meaningful innings or struggled. We really had 2-3 guys that you could somewhat count on to get the job done and that is stretching it.

Look at the Vandy pen, heck and even the Louisville pen. Every guy each team runs out there is 93+ with a couple of guys in the back end that are 95+. Our pen was alright but it was nowhere near what a couple of these teams have.

The bats were good enough this year but ultimately our pitching staff and defense were not.

AROB44
06-21-2019, 10:03 AM
A+.

LC Dawg
06-21-2019, 10:19 AM
Jake Mangum has played for four coaches at Mississippi State. Watch him address Coach Lemonis in the postgame press conference and then give the man a grade.

PMDawg
06-21-2019, 10:24 AM
You are a coward. You have no problem with these other cowards calling our players names and making fun of our coaches apperances, even though they are not here. But suddenly you have this moral high ground where you want to protect these cowards from having them same thing done to them.

Thank you for proving my point. You never offer anything to the board. You seem like a miserable human.

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 10:35 AM

Just astonishing

Deadhead, we've been getting multiple complaints about your personal attacks. Make your points without making it personal with the insults so we don't have to fire off warnings or bans. I could not care less if you come at me, but we have to police the board, and personal attacks are a rules violation. Quit acting like you're better than everyone and that you have it all figured out as a fan.....you're not, and you don't.

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 10:41 AM
A+

Keep getting us there and we'll win it one day. A freaking +

MedDawg
06-21-2019, 10:43 AM
He finished I think one game off from being the winningest first year head coach in SEC history. We will see how recruiting goes. Looks like a solid high B/low A. If he knocks it out in recruiting this off season that grade will go up.

Lemonis owns the record for the winningest first year coach in the SEC by EIGHT games over #2.

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Just curious. Are personal insult to our coaches and players allowed? Will Melvin and Cootie get special treatment from the mods?

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 10:48 AM
Just curious. Are personal insult to our coaches and players allowed? Will Melvin and Cootie get special treatment from the mods?

Nobody is getting special treatment. I don't have to give courtesy warnings, so if anyone is getting "special treatment" it's probably you. Just Leave the moderating to the moderators....we don't need you trying to police the board. Maybe focus more on the team, game, players, coaches, etc and less on other posters, and everything will likely be fine. Make your points, but stop with the insults...that's all. Should be no big deal.

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Hey, other people are trying to moderate the board and complaining about me. I am just wondering if you are sincere with the personal insult part, or if its fair game as long as they are not here to defend themselves.

Just trying to figure our who I can insult and who I cant. Right now it appears fat people are still ok.

So I guess Phil Fulmer will be the recipient of my anger from now own

Mjoelner34
06-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Solid A.

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Hey, other people are trying to moderate the board and complaining about me. I am just wondering if you are sincere with the personal insult part, or if its fair game as long as they are not here to defend themselves.

Just trying to figure our who I can insult and who I cant. Right now it appears fat people are still ok.

So I guess Phil Fulmer will be the recipient of my anger from now own

You can drag this out and make it turn in to more, or you can let it go. Your choice.

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 10:56 AM
lol.

That's all the answer I need to know where you stand. Thanks for the clarification

gravedigger
06-21-2019, 10:58 AM
Deadhead, we've been getting multiple complaints about your personal attacks. Make your points without making it personal with the insults so we don't have to fire off warnings or bans. I could not care less if you come at me, but we have to police the board, and personal attacks are a rules violation. Quit acting like you're better than everyone and that you have it all figured out as a fan.....you're not, and you don't.

From people who make personal attacks at our team. Congratulations. As has been said, the people who name call and personally attack our players and coaches are the most thin skinned when it?s turned back at them.

You deserve them and they deserve you.

Enjoy.

deadheaddawg
06-21-2019, 11:02 AM
From people who make personal attacks at our team. Congratulations. As has been said, the people who name call and personally attack our players and coaches are the most thin skinned when it?s turned back at them.

Enjoy.

Since I cant make honest true comments about other members I can will just agree with this and add I hope all those that continue personal attacks on our coaches and players will hurry up and give up and find another hobby. This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but we would be much better off without them

bigplayslay
06-21-2019, 11:08 AM

So it's his fault our guys couldn't hit in Omaha? Interesting. Only thing I disagree with that he had control of was leaving Liebelt in. You're an idiot.

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Since I cant make honest true comments about other members I can will just agree with this and add I hope all those that continue personal attacks on our coaches and players will hurry up and give up and find another hobby. This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but we would be much better off without them

Goodbye. You don’t get it so we will part ways or a little while b

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:19 AM
So it's his fault our guys couldn't hit in Omaha? Interesting. Only thing I disagree with that he had control of was leaving Liebelt in. You're an idiot.

Even if he is reign in the idiot shit

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Time to control yourselves on the stupid ass name calling bc you can?t have a civil disagreement. One ban today and we can start swinging the hammer judiciously if needed although we don?t want to. Clean it people and act somewhat adultish.

Behrdawg
06-21-2019, 11:23 AM

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Cool off a bit.

smootness
06-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Time to control yourselves on the stupid ass name calling bc you can?t have a civil disagreement. One ban today and we can start swinging the hammer judiciously if needed although we don?t want to. Clean it people and act somewhat adultish.

Genuine question - I totally understand the desire to control the name-calling among posters. I hate that crap and it ruins debate. Does that also carry over to our players/coaches? Criticism should obviously always be allowed, but should name-calling?

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:26 AM

Also some need to toughen up.

yjnkdawg
06-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Did I want our baseball team to win a CWS Natty this year? Of course I did. Did I think it was a baseball program failure because we didn't? No, and hopefully I won't ever get in that mindset. Based upon everything our baseball program accomplished, I give Lemonis an A for this year. However, you can't accurately judge a coach's success or lack of success on their first year's performance. Now on paper and pretty much from the people who actually know how college baseball works, Vandy is the favorite to win the CWS. Will they win? Nobody knows. There is a lot of luck in baseball and you need some of that to get to the CWS and win a Natty. So if Vandy does stumble and doesn't win the Championship, I guess Corbin would be rated a C, for the year, or a worse case scenario, where somebody's dog could have coached the team better.

Cooterpoot
06-21-2019, 11:37 AM
WTH going on up in here? Y’all convinced me my B- was too low. It was a solid B (no minus).

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:40 AM
We weren’t as great in January as everyone seems to misremember. Staff did a damn good job.

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Genuine question - I totally understand the desire to control the name-calling among posters. I hate that crap and it ruins debate. Does that also carry over to our players/coaches? Criticism should obviously always be allowed, but should name-calling?

Coaches are mostly fair game but within reason. Tighter on players. Posters just best to refrain bc it becomes a stupid bitch fight and derails everything. So it’s gray.

BrunswickDawg
06-21-2019, 11:55 AM
Coaches are mostly fair game but within reason. Tighter on players. Posters just best to refrain bc it becomes a stupid bitch fight and derails everything. So it’s gray.

So its like the difference between calling an ump a ****sucker and saying that was a ****sucking call. One will get you an argument, the other will get you tossed from the game.

I seen it dawg
06-21-2019, 11:56 AM
Best baseball movie ever

smootness
06-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Coaches are mostly fair game but within reason. Tighter on players. Posters just best to refrain bc it becomes a stupid bitch fight and derails everything. So it?s gray.

Fair enough

Percho
06-21-2019, 12:24 PM

Get off the bucket.

If TA had done with a ground ball what everyone in the ball park thought he would do with a ground ball hit hard right to him, what would you have thought of the move of putting Self in?

There wasn't anything wrong with pitching RS.

What guarantees do you have with anyone you put in.

The same people who have a problem with how Lemonis has handled this talented team a few years age bitched about the quality of talent this team would ever be.

Percho
06-21-2019, 12:27 PM

Enjoy.

Amen Brother!

Bothrops
06-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Best baseball movie ever

The Natural?

BrunswickDawg
06-21-2019, 12:36 PM
The Natural?

It is a scene in Bull Durham

Percho
06-21-2019, 12:37 PM
I hate our fanbase sometimes; there is just a portion who have no clue what they're talking about and make it miserable.

We won a game in the CWS and weren't terribly far away from winning the 2 games we lost.

Anyone who sees all that and says anything less than an A, in any year ever, is absolutely insane.

So we didn't win the freaking national title. Give it up, quit being babies. You know who else won't win the national title? Every other team in the entire country except Vandy. Because they're head and shoulders better than everyone else.

I just love that if Tanner Allen goes home with the ball and takes 3rd on his double in the Vandy game, everyone saying C- or F or whatever the heck suddenly is totally cool with everything. LOL.

Amen to your last line.

Would you give 100 - 1 odds Vandy wins it all?

50 - 1 ?

10 - 1

Remember, "That's baseball".

Remember Ump in Vandy game could go from a pitch thrown a strike to a pitch in the middle of the plate a ball!

Bothrops
06-21-2019, 12:37 PM
It is a scene in Bull Durham

Another goodie

Tbonewannabe
06-21-2019, 01:03 PM
If TA had done with a ground ball what everyone in the ball park thought he would do with a ground ball hit hard right to him, what would you have thought of the move of putting Self in?

There wasn't anything wrong with pitching RS.

What guarantees do you have with anyone you put in.

The same people who have a problem with how Lemonis has handled this talented team a few years age bitched about the quality of talent this team would ever be.

Lemonis made some mistakes but everyone does. Most people's mistakes don't get hindsighted to death. Cole Gordon now should not have pitched the 9th but would Colby White been anymore affective with a shrinking strike zone? Gordon has been our closer in almost every tough situation and was successful most of the time. It is the same way in one game with Jake at the plate in the 9th inning with the winning run on 2nd. If you got to pick who went to the plate it was Jake. The time I am thinking about, he just got out and ended the game. Baseball is a cruel and wonderful game.

BeardoMSU
06-21-2019, 01:10 PM
The Natural?

Wrong.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/i-award-you-no-points-gif-1.gif

Johnson85
06-21-2019, 01:15 PM

This is pretty much it.

This team obviously has some special players on it the way they have handled the last four years and all the change, so maybe a lot of coaches could have ridden this team to Omaha.

But giving him less than an A means he basically had to win the title to get an A, which is giving our players a little too much credit. We were very good and had some special leaders. We were not an unstoppable juggernaut.

Tbonewannabe
06-21-2019, 01:26 PM
This is pretty much it.

This team obviously has some special players on it the way they have handled the last four years and all the change, so maybe a lot of coaches could have ridden this team to Omaha.

But giving him less than an A means he basically had to win the title to get an A, which is giving our players a little too much credit. We were very good and had some special leaders. We were not an unstoppable juggernaut.

The 2017 Oregon State team lost 6 games all year. That was a very successful team that still didn't win a National Title. I wonder how many of their fans thought that year was a failure?

Ari Gold
06-21-2019, 01:27 PM

Get off the bucket.

Read more post less...
anything less than a B+ is plain stupid. And a B+ is very borderline..

gravedigger
06-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Also some need to toughen up.

Unless of course you want to call a player a name or a coach. You guys needn?t toughen up at all.

CadaverDawg
06-21-2019, 01:49 PM
Unless of course you want to call a player a name or a coach. You guys needn?t toughen up at all.

Dude, you bitch and moan about how everybody is supposed to react about stuff more than you actually talk about MSU athletics. Are you here to discuss other posters or MSU sports? I don't get it. Not everyone is going to post like you want them to about MSU....but at least they're posting about MSU. You guys whose only mission is to come on here and try to police other posters baffle me. Put the posters you don't like on mute, or grow thicker skin. You can't wipe out negativity on a messageboard....it's an unwinnable fight you're fighting. Just ignore them or make a debating comment disputing what they said....it's not hard.