PDA

View Full Version : 17 That Umpire. 17 HIM!!!

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2019, 10:40 PM
That is one of the most awful things I've ever seen on a baseball field.

Cole Gordon struck out the side in the 9th inning but had nothing to show for it.

Absolute shit

This team's ass puckered up in Omaha

This coaching staff has no 17ing clue who their best reliever was

Jake Geautrua teaches hitting like he has blind hitters

17 that Umpire. Absolutely 17 him.

He should be fired on the spot

shoeless joe
06-20-2019, 10:44 PM
That 17’n ass clown is the best college has to offer. He calls 3+ games behind the plate every CWS. It’s a disgrace. Anybody wanna argue that these guys are ass clowns now?

UMCDawg16
06-20-2019, 10:46 PM
I stand by the fact that amateur umpiring is the worst part of college baseball. It ruins games on countless occasions.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 10:49 PM
He was bad in the 9th but its not why we lost. We lost bc we are mentally weak and our coaches must think our kids have earned the right to do whatever they want at the plate.

Most mentally weak performance on offense I have ever seen. GoTro can GoGo to somewhere else

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 10:50 PM
He was bad in the 9th but its not why we lost. We lost bc we are mentally weak and our coaches must think our kids have earned the right to do whatever they want at the plate.

Most mentally weak performance on offense I have ever seen. GoTro can GoGo to somewhere else

Um....we had the lead in the 9th. I'd say it's a pretty big reason why we lost.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 10:51 PM
That is one of the most awful things I've ever seen on a baseball field.

Cole Gordon struck out the side in the 9th inning but had nothing to show for it.

Absolute shit

This team's ass puckered up in Omaha

This coaching staff has no 17ing clue who their best reliever was

Jake Geautrua teaches hitting like he has blind hitters

17 that Umpire. Absolutely 17 him.

He should be fired on the spot

I think Gautreau treats our hitters like they're pro hitters and let's them try to figure things out for too long before doing something and you just can't really do that with college guys.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2019, 10:52 PM

Gordon struck out the side dude. It's exactly why we lost

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 10:53 PM

Not doing shit on offense and striking out on shit you cant hit with a boat paddle carries over. The ump was bad but our hitting and focus these past 3 games have been worse

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2019, 10:53 PM
I think Gautreau treats our hitters like they're pro hitters and let's them try to figure things out for too long before doing something and you just can't really do that with college guys.

If only we had pro hitters

shoeless joe
06-20-2019, 10:54 PM

Definitely things that can be critiqued about this team. Mental toughness isn’t one of them. I’d argue this is the most mentally tough team we’ve ever had in any men’s sport.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Gordon struck out the side dude. It's exactly why we lost

I understand the frustration and I agree dude was bad but you cant act like we were playing worth a damn anyway. Everyone of us saw this loss coming as soon as the 7th was over. Im not taking the umps side at all but you cant leave it up to him

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 10:55 PM
Definitely things that can be critiqued about this team. Mental toughness isn’t one of them. I’d argue this is the most mentally tough team we’ve ever had in any men’s sport.

Up until the past 2 games I wouldve agreed with you 100 percent. It was my favorite thing about this bunch the past 2 years. Im mad too and in my feelings, I will regret all of this tomo Im sure

3rdGen
06-20-2019, 10:58 PM
I understand the frustration and I agree dude was bad but you cant act like we were playing worth a damn anyway. Everyone of us saw this loss coming as soon as the 7th was over. Im not taking the umps side at all but you cant leave it up to him

PREACH!!!

gravedigger
06-20-2019, 10:59 PM

We should have been up 5 before they scored. Our approach at the plate was not indicative of the chest bump. We did not protect the zone. We swung free at awful pitches with 2 strikes as if they were 2-1 counts.

Failure to turn 2 by Foscue. JT deserves a better fate today.

The best thing about baseball is that it teaches great lessons.

This lesson is what Sherrill once said: you have to beat the umps too.

Commercecomet24
06-20-2019, 11:07 PM

Agreed these kids scrapped and balled all year. Mental Toughness was their best quality

OldME
06-20-2019, 11:08 PM
I agree the reasons we lost:
Foscue’s mental error of dropping the double play ball
Extremely poor ABs against a very hitable pitcher - not the last pitcher
Jordan, Foscue and Westburg had atrocious ABs down the stretch
Errors by the ump not calling strikes in bottom of 9th

Commercecomet24
06-20-2019, 11:16 PM
I know it's frustrating. Baseball can be a frustrating game because you can't just "overpower" the game. When you press and chase hits and don't hit relaxed what we saw the last 2 days is what happens. Been there done that as a player and coach. It wasn't a lack of mental toughness or lack of effort, it was the kids pressing and that's what happens in baseball . It's not football or basketball where you can just physically whip someone. The kids gave us everything they had and it wasn't enough. I'm gonna miss these seniors and and the ones leaving for mlb and what they've done for OUR university!

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:17 PM
Up until the past 2 games I wouldve agreed with you 100 percent. It was my favorite thing about this bunch the past 2 years. Im mad too and in my feelings, I will regret all of this tomo Im sure

You will regret it. The 28 come from behind wins speaks for itself.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:19 PM
I agree the reasons we lost:
Foscue’s mental error of dropping the double play ball
Extremely poor ABs against a very hitable pitcher - not the last pitcher
Jordan, Foscue and Westburg had atrocious ABs down the stretch
Errors by the ump not calling strikes in bottom of 9th

Foscue wasn't a mental error. The ball was hit so hard he couldn't move to try and position it for a better hop. He had to take the in between hop and it ate him up.

That was a very difficult play that even though 95% of this board thinks they could have made it

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-20-2019, 11:20 PM
Everyone of us saw this loss coming as soon as the 7th was over.

This is the definition of being mentally weak. A team that has 28 come from behind wins is anything but mentally weak.

Dawgtini
06-20-2019, 11:21 PM

You are a piece of crap on a gnats dick . F-you.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:22 PM
You will regret it. The 28 come from behind wins speaks for itself.

I know. Thats all great. But it doesnt excuse what we just witnessed today and yesterday.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:22 PM

You are drunk. Go to sleep

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:23 PM
You are a piece of crap on a gnats dick . F-you.

Truth hurts sometimes. Played the worst we have played since Arkansas on the biggest stage

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:23 PM
I know. Thats all great. But it doesnt excuse what we just witnessed today and yesterday.

So coaches can't ever make mistakes or incorrect decisions or have decisions backfire?

So much dumb

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:24 PM
You are drunk. Go to sleep

I wont even bring up the stats to support my argument. It is an unGodly stat hitting with runners on and RISP I lost track at about 4-24 and 3-13 with RISP.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:24 PM
So coaches can't ever make mistakes or incorrect decisions or have decisions backfire?

So much dumb

We didnt go for just the shirt. Thats all we are leaving with, one of the best groups in school history.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:25 PM
Foscue wasn't a mental error. The ball was hit so hard he couldn't move to try and position it for a better hop. He had to take the in between hop and it ate him up.

That was a very difficult play that even though 95% of this board thinks they could have made it

Nobody is blaming just 1 kid, at least Im not. Im saying collectively as a whole team, US we shit the bed the past 2 days.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:30 PM
We didnt go for just the shirt. Thats all we are leaving with, one of the best groups in school history.

Answer this question. Was Vandy better than us? If the answer is yes, then you should have had zero expectations to finish better than last year with them being in the same bracket as us.

We got the unlucky draw and it sucked. We would be playing for a title on the other side. But we aren't. Shit happens. Welcome to baseball. You don't always play your best in the big moments.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Answer this question. Was Vandy better than us? If the answer is yes, then you should have had zero expectations to finish better than last year with them being in the same bracket as us.

We got the unlucky draw and it sucked. We would be playing for a title on the other side. But we aren't. Shit happens. Welcome to baseball. You don't always play your best in the big moments.

That sounds like total bullshit to me. Vandy beat us on 2 of our worst days (both are away from starkville, we cant hit the ball for shit away from home, hence me bitching about it but apparently im a piece of shit for stating a fact) 1-0 and 6-3. We absolutely could have beaten them.

We played the exact same shitty way against the worst team in the tourney on the first day. You cant play like dog shit and beat anyone who is any good. Period.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:39 PM
That sounds like total bullshit to me. Vandy beat us on 2 of our worst days (both are away from starkville, we cant hit the ball for shit away from home, hence me bitching about it but apparently im a piece of shit for stating a fact) 1-0 and 6-3. We absolutely could have beaten them.

We played the exact same shitty way against the worst team in the tourney on the first day. You cant play like dog shit and beat anyone who is any good. Period.

So the answer is yes. They are better than us.

Could we beat them? Sure. Should you expect to beat them? No.

We played not our best. That's baseball. How many games against quality opponents would you say we played our best baseball? Probably around 25%? Maybe? Folks like you just expect us to play great baseball all the time, specially when it means more.

That's not how it works. Vandy plays great baseball more than we do because they are better than we are. So you can still play good and lose.

I would say that we played our B game against Vandy. Forget what Lemonis did or what decisions were made. Look at what the players did. We played our B game. Not bad but not great. Vandy played their B+ game and beat us by 3 runs.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 11:44 PM

We played not our best. That's baseball. How many games against quality opponents would you say we played our best baseball? Probably around 25%? Maybe? Folks like you just expect us to play great baseball all the time, specially when it means more.

That's not how it works. Vandy plays great baseball more than we do because they are better than we are. So you can still play good and lose.

I would say that we played our B game against Vandy. Forget what Lemonis did or what decisions were made. Look at what the players did. We played our B game. Not bad but not great. Vandy played their B+ game and beat us by 3 runs.

I would say that we played more like our C game. We made too many critical mistakes for me to say that it warrants a B.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 11:46 PM
We should have been up 5 before they scored. Our approach at the plate was not indicative of the chest bump. We did not protect the zone. We swung free at awful pitches with 2 strikes as if they were 2-1 counts.

Failure to turn 2 by Foscue. JT deserves a better fate today.

The best thing about baseball is that it teaches great lessons.

This lesson is what Sherrill once said: you have to beat the umps too.

"Should have" but regardless we still had the lead.

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 11:48 PM
I know it's frustrating. Baseball can be a frustrating game because you can't just "overpower" the game. When you press and chase hits and don't hit relaxed what we saw the last 2 days is what happens. Been there done that as a player and coach. It wasn't a lack of mental toughness or lack of effort, it was the kids pressing and that's what happens in baseball . It's not football or basketball where you can just physically whip someone. The kids gave us everything they had and it wasn't enough. I'm gonna miss these seniors and and the ones leaving for mlb and what they've done for OUR university!

That's our biggest issue is when we get to this stage we press too much and I think it's because they want to win a National Championship so bad.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:51 PM
I would say that we played more like our C game. We made too many critical mistakes for me to say that it warrants a B.

We put multiple people on base against Rocker and pummeled one of their best relief pitchers into submission. And that was right after Rocker came out.

Couple of miscues sure. But that's why it's a B game. A game to me would have been a few more runs and no errors. A+ would have been getting to Rocker.

But that game that we played so bad we only lost by 3 runs. That game of ours beats all but Vandy and maybe Arkansas in the SEC. we didn't play bad but we didn't play great.

But when you play Vandy and face their 2 starting pitchers you better play great or you just simply won't win.

BuckyIsAB****
06-20-2019, 11:52 PM

Uh yes. I expect to play great baseball when it means more. This may be one of the worst arguments I have ever heard. I expect any team with the talent, experience, and toughness this team has shown all year long to play well when it matters most. We did not.

You are putting words in my mouth. I didnt say they were better than us. You did. We won 50 something games too and we have MLB draft picks. If we were scared of Vandy then we shouldve just declined the trip and had them send us our shirts in the mail.

I cant think of any situation in any other sport where not playing your best on the biggest stage is ok because ''thats the way it is''. Especially a group that has done what this one has.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:59 PM
Uh yes. I expect to play great baseball when it means more. This may be one of the worst arguments I have ever heard. I expect any team with the talent, experience, and toughness this team has shown all year long to play well when it matters most. We did not.

You are putting words in my mouth. I didnt say they were better than us. You did. We won 50 something games too and we have MLB draft picks. If we were scared of Vandy then we shouldve just declined the trip and had them send us our shirts in the mail.

I cant think of any situation in any other sport where not playing your best on the biggest stage is ok because ''thats the way it is''. Especially a group that has done what this one has.

Who said not playing your best is ok? I sure as hell didn't. I said it happens. And it does all the time to the majority of programs in the country at some point. You can't just wave a magic wand and say hey it's go time play your beatbox if so Bama wouldn't have gotten reamed like they did against Clemson in the national title.

And here. Let me put the words in your mouth. Vandy is better than us. If you don't know that, that shows your lack of understanding of baseball. Vandy is better than we are. Doesn't mean we can't beat them. Doesn't mean we aren't great. But Vandy is better.

You are obviously overly emotional about this. I get it. It means a lot to you. Me too. But put it in perspective and don't ever expect a national title. It's ok for the goal to be a national title. But to expect us to do something never done before? That just doesn't make any sense.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2019, 12:05 AM
Who said not playing your best is ok? I sure as hell didn't. I said it happens. And it does all the time to the majority of programs in the country at some point. You can't just wave a magic wand and say hey it's go time play your beatbox if so Bama wouldn't have gotten reamed like they did against Clemson in the national title.

And here. Let me put the words in your mouth. Vandy is better than us. If you don't know that, that shows your lack of understanding of baseball. Vandy is better than we are. Doesn't mean we can't beat them. Doesn't mean we aren't great. But Vandy is better.

You are obviously overly emotional about this. I get it. It means a lot to you. Me too. But put it in perspective and don't ever expect a national title. It's ok for the goal to be a national title. But to expect us to do something never done before? That just doesn't make any sense.

There was no excuse for this team to do what it just did. None. Not after all it went thru and to go out playing like shit was absolutely a letdown. I wont call it a failure bc to even make it to Omaha is a hell of a season but this team is a lot better than it just showed. We played like shit at the worst time and thats on all of us not just Lemonis, not Small or any of them. They probably will all tell you that.

The goal was a national championship, there was no reason to not expect it. The kids expected it and even said it multiple times. If you dont expect it you will never, ever win it.

Todd4State
06-21-2019, 02:40 AM
We put multiple people on base against Rocker and pummeled one of their best relief pitchers into submission. And that was right after Rocker came out.

Couple of miscues sure. But that's why it's a B game. A game to me would have been a few more runs and no errors. A+ would have been getting to Rocker.

But that game that we played so bad we only lost by 3 runs. That game of ours beats all but Vandy and maybe Arkansas in the SEC. we didn't play bad but we didn't play great.

But when you play Vandy and face their 2 starting pitchers you better play great or you just simply won't win.

I would say that we played our C game and Vandy played their B game. But I see where you are coming from.

Dawg2003
06-21-2019, 04:54 AM
If we ever win a natty, it will probably be with a team no one expects.