wasabaka
06-20-2019, 10:39 PM
n

mparkerfd20
06-20-2019, 10:40 PM
Nm

maroonmania
Never quite seen a game taken away by a HP ump like that.

CadaverDawg
That's what happens when you don't step on the throat. We got what we deserved

MetEdDawg
I agree. I know we will wanna blame the coaches for pitching decisions but bottom line is we should have way more than 3 runs tonight. Our approach at the plate has been horrible all week and no adjustments.

6 runs is the most number of runs scored by any team in any game in Omaha. Pitching dominates good hitting and it has in this tournament.

gravedigger
We will never have fans that deserve to win a championship

FIFY

BayouDawg
I will always love this team but they never had it in them to win a natty.

Dawgology
Mike Martin went 0-17 in the CWS. Cut that baby ass crying whoa is me, we are MSU bullshit out.

It’s terrible that our fans are upset about losing. Jesus man...let people grieve a second.

KOdawg1
Where is that ******* pitch.

Get off your bucket fat boy

You're an idiot

Mjoelner34
Don't blame Cole. He had to throw a meat pitch or it'd be called a ball. I don't want to go back and look but the only CALLED strike I remember since Leibelt entered was the 3rd out of the 8th that he had no choice but to call because it hit Skelton in the face.

HoopsDawg
06-20-2019, 10:41 PM
leadoff hitter in the 7th, leadoff hitter in the 9th, both struck out but the ump choked on the calls. Both guys scored. Brutal.

Lord McBuckethead
Good game dawgs. Enjoyed the season.

maroonmania
The first 3 runs that scored for UL were all batters that should have struck out! UNfreakinbelievable.

KOdawg1
We hired a loser.

You're also an idiot

MarketingBully
Lemonis was on the take for his pal McFuciker.

bobtail bob
They were a better team than us.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2019, 10:42 PM
Hard fought. We gave a bunch away in both our losses. Learn, grow, and lets move on.

deadheaddawg
We hired a loser.

lol

West Tn Dawg

I get what you're saying, and partially agree, but we didn't deserve this POS ump! They scored every run after we realistically were out of the inning!

HoopsDawg
It’s terrible that our fans are upset about losing. Jesus man...let people grieve a second.

he was crying like a bitch before the game was over. stay in your lane.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2019, 10:43 PM

They were tonight.

CadaverDawg

No they absolutely were not. We choked, we didn't put them away....we left it in an umpires hands and we got what we deserved for doing it

maroonmania
leadoff hitter in the 7th, leadoff hitter in the 9th, both struck out but the ump choked on the calls. Both guys scored. Brutal.

Yep, UL hitters sitting up there begging for a walk and the HP ump kept obliging. That is the worst ump I've ever seen calling a CWS game. Of course we couldn't take advantage because we swing at everything under the sun and take the ump's calls out of it.

Bdawg
The first 3 runs that scored for UL were all batters that should have struck out! UNfreakinbelievable.

That's a tough pill to swallow!!

MarketingBully

Every team was better then us the way we played while we were there. The only reason we didn’t go 2&Q was because Auburn’s third baseman sailed his throw to first.

RougeDawg
Clutch hits alluded us. That?s the game. Sucks.

bobtail bob
06-20-2019, 10:45 PM
Time to start scrutinising JoMo

Marvin

Yep. Took bitch at-bats the whole second half of the game

Lord McBuckethead
Thanks Cole. I will miss you dude. Thanks to Mac and Mangum. Love this team. Got to keep it going. 2020 will be here momentarily.

StarkvilleGuru
06-20-2019, 10:46 PM
You guys are absolutely nuts. This game isn't on Cole or Lemonis. Check out our guys who hit ZERO homeruns & Foscue who couldn't hit a beach ball on a tee.

You bring Cole Gordon in 10/10 times in that situation. Don't complain about the decision. Guys just didn't come with the killer mentality that a championship team needs. Ginn did, maybe one or two more, but not enough guys. Don't cry out for Lemo's head already. Sleep on it, and realize that State will be a contender for years to come with Lemonis leading us.

Good night, and Hail State

CadaverDawg
Sucks to see the Seniors go out that way. We just didn't do what we had to do at the plate.

MetEdDawg
Not sure why folks are shocked we didn't hit well. We faced Auburn's Saturday guy (He's a future Top 5 round pick), Kumar Rocker from Vandy, and a bunch of dudes from Louisville who are damn good.

You get to Omaha because you can pitch. Yes we got squeezed. Can't blame umps. Got to make things happen and we didn't make enough happen. Sucks but that's baseball.

maroonmania
06-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Well, UL will go out tomorrow night.

gravedigger

That is exactly right. Put them away or leave yourself open.

Activated Alpha
Want to know why I'm not surprised or disappointed? Been watching this happen every damn time we get to the CWS. You won't win many games only scoring 11 runs in 3 games

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 10:48 PM
Im most disappointed in our approach at the plate. It seems like every other team was at least able to drive pitch counts up except us in the CWS.

msstate7

Better than tonight

HoopsDawg

Yeah, they have no shot. They burned their staff tonight. Vandy and their 35 scholarships will win another natty.

dantheman4248
No they absolutely were not. We choked, we didn't put them away....we left it in an umpires hands and we got what we deserved for doing it

Louisville left it in the umpire’s hands 3 straight batters in the 9th. He saved them every single time. We didn’t leave it to shit.

maroonmania
06-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Not sure why folks are shocked we didn't hit well. We faced Auburn's Saturday guy (He's a future Top 5 round pick), Kumar Rocker from Vandy, and a bunch of dudes from Louisville who are damn good.

You get to Omaha because you can pitch. Yes we got squeezed. Can't blame umps. Got to make things happen and we didn't make enough happen. Sucks but that's baseball.

Hell yes I can blame the HP ump tonight. THREE different batters put on base to start innings that were outs! I will blame him all day long. Pitchers don't pitch to throw everything right down the gut. If they did they would get rocked. You have to have umps that call strikes like they should be called on the corners and at the knees.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-20-2019, 10:50 PM
We lost this game at the plate.... you aren’t going to beat average teams scoring 3 runs a game....we have had a poor approach for about a month... we have taken a lot of swings at pitches that were not even borderline strikes.

Eric Nies Grind Time
That game was a robbery. The pitchers did enough to win and the ump screwed them. Hitting was dogshit but pitching was fantastic.

Scared_Hitless
We were terrible offensively in all 3 games. Yeah the ump screwed us but we were about as unclutch as possible in Omaha. I am going to miss Cole, Jake, Ethan, and Mac a ton they gave it all. We deserved better than that game. Now Lemonis has to earn his keep.

Marvin
Yeah, they have no shot. They burned their staff tonight. Vandy and their 35 scholarships will win another natty.

They’ll get Michigan and go 7-1, 9-1 cakewalk.

WE HAD THIS TOURNAMENT IN THE BAG. DONT GO SELF! MAKE PLAYS AT 1ST BASE. HIT!!

msstate7
06-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Louisville left it in the umpire’s hands 3 straight batters in the 9th. He saved them every single time. We didn’t leave it to shit.

What about the call at 2b on Jake's throw? Skelton dropped the ball to cut down the tying run. Home plate ump was terribly inconsistent, but I hate crying over officiating

shoeless joe
06-20-2019, 10:51 PM

I normally agree about not blaming umps. But that guy was absolutely brutal and changed the game 180 degrees in the only two innings they scored in. On this stage in that situation in can’t happen. Very similar to the saints no call.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 10:53 PM
Look, our coaches refused to adjust lineups and they mishandled the pitching. We sucked defensively all year. This staff is going to actually have to work next season.

BeardoMSU
06-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Home plate ump was terribly inconsistent, but I hate crying over officiating

Totally agree that it's all aggregate in the whole scheme of the game, but had those pitches Cole threw been in innings 1-7, he k's the side......that shit is really hard to look past.

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 10:57 PM

Championship teams don?t blow 3-0 leads due to walks and botched Taylor made double plays. This without even mentioning our non competitive at bats all week. Lets just face it. As great as this team is/was... they just dont have a championship makeup. We are still a few recruiting cycles away.

Dawg2003
We had several guys that couldn't hit. Westburg and Macnamee for starters. Mac has had his clutch moments, but he wasn't a great hitter thus year. Westburg never figured it out. Better to lose today than tomorrow. Just get it over with.

HoopsDawg
What about the call at 2b on Jake's throw? Skelton dropped the ball to cut down the tying run. Home plate ump was terribly inconsistent, but I hate crying over officiating

I hate crying over officiating too, but that home plate ump put the leadoff man on in the 7th and 9th. They were clear strike 3's. Not strike 1's or 2's, but strike 3's. That directly led to 2 runs. That's killer. And that just can't happen on this stage. Runs are tough to come by in Omaha.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2019, 10:58 PM
Championship teams don?t blow 3-0 leads due to walks and botched Taylor made double plays. This without even mentioning our non competitive at bats all week. Lets just face it. As great as this team is/was... they just dont have a championship makeup. We are still a few recruiting cycles away.

I have to agree with you.

MarketingBully
06-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Totally agree that it's all aggregate in the whole scheme of the game, but had those pitches Cole threw been in innings 1-7, he k's the side......that shit is really hard to look past.

Umps strike zone always tightens later in the game if it’s a wide zone or loosens if it’s a tight zone. The pitcher has to adjust. With that said, I agree with Shotgun. Where was Colby White? He could have come in in the ninth and shut them down. Now, he’s going to start his pro career without having much of an effect at all in the CWS. But I digress. Tonight was meaningless. We lost when we lost the game yesterday. We had no chance at a championship so what’s the point if we finish fifth or fourth. Lemonis didn’t go all in yesterday and we got ****ed. That Self 3 run bomb will always go down in my mind as one of the biggest coaching ****ups I’ve ever seen at State.

Dawg2003
06-20-2019, 11:00 PM
We struggle away from Dudy Noble.

gravedigger
06-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Time to start scrutinising JoMo

Touche

HoopsDawg
06-20-2019, 11:01 PM

I agree that's it's hard to win a championship with our infield D.

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 11:01 PM
Look, our coaches refused to adjust lineups and they mishandled the pitching. We sucked defensively all year. This staff is going to actually have to work next season.
Who would you have hired instead of lemonis? TCUs coach that barely made it in the field this year after missing last year? Or TT coach who is in the losers bracket of the weak side of the regional? 52-15 is a hell of a year. Its damn hard to win a natty and this team needed the offense to keep being elite to mask the weaknesses. It didnt work out.

msstate7
06-20-2019, 11:03 PM

Didn't we willingly make it worse by putting foscue at 2b and Gilbert at 3b?

BayouDawg
06-20-2019, 11:04 PM
Yep and when one of your most reliable bullpen arms comes in and walks the ballpark with a 3-0 lead and then you make up for it by botching a
Dp. you dont deserve to win.

maroonmania
06-20-2019, 11:04 PM

No we didn't. We should have made the next round because we are better than UL but Vandy is the best team in the tournament and will win this bracket. I'll be shocked if they don't win the championship series as well.

dantheman4248
06-20-2019, 11:05 PM

My point was that we didn’t leave it up to anyone. Cole pitched a badass 9th inning leaving nothing to chance. The ump didn’t do his job plain and simple. Can’t blame us for “leaving it up to an ump” to when the ump seemed to refuse to call strike 3 in the ninth. If not blaming our players is blaming the umpires then fine.

HoopsDawg

nah, foscue made us better at 2B. Gilbert and Halter were about equal and Gilbert clearly had a better bat.

BayouDawg

In theory you may be correct but the fielding did seem to improve after the move. Again I say seem because I havent checked the fielding %

MetEdDawg
06-20-2019, 11:06 PM

That was the right move to me. Halter wasn't ready to play defense in the SEC and wasn't ready to hit consistently in the SEC.

That was our biggest hole and it has hurt. Gilbert has some very bad ABs but he was our best overall option there.

Activated Alpha
06-20-2019, 11:07 PM
Does anyone honestly believe Lemonis will be able to recruit at a high enough level consistently to get us the edge talent wise? Not being sarcastic just don't know outside of Ginn

NCDawg
06-20-2019, 11:11 PM
We lost this game at the plate.... you aren?t going to beat average teams scoring 3 runs a game....we have had a poor approach for about a month... we have taken a lot of swings at pitches that were not even borderline strikes.

I tend to agree. We have looked terrible at the plate lately.

HoopsDawg
06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Does anyone honestly believe Lemonis will be able to recruit at a high enough level consistently to get us the edge talent wise? Not being sarcastic just don't know outside of Ginn

He's known as a recruiter. We don't have many "dudes" coming in next year that are going to be able to help offensively. Not really his fault though.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Look, for the 2nd time in two years, we were the 5th team or better left standing. Not too shabby. Retool and lets get back next year.

Bdawg
06-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Umps strike zone always tightens later in the game if it?s a wide zone or loosens if it?s a tight zone. The pitcher has to adjust. With that said, I agree with Shotgun. Where was Colby White? He could have come in in the ninth and shut them down. Now, he?s going to start his pro career without having much of an effect at all in the CWS. But I digress. Tonight was meaningless. We lost when we lost the game yesterday. We had no chance at a championship so what?s the point if we finish fifth or fourth. Lemonis didn?t go all in yesterday and we got ****ed. That Self 3 run bomb will always go down in my mind as one of the biggest coaching ****ups I?ve ever seen at State.

I was begging for Colby to come in and try to put up some Ks when we really needed him. It's really unexplainable. But I also agree we gave away the natty when we didn't throw our studs in the pen to win game 2.