PDA

View Full Version : Cerantola and Ginn

ZedFedder
06-19-2019, 10:18 PM
Potential to be the best one-two combo in the SEC.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2019, 10:22 PM

If Cerentola and Brandon Smith take a step, and Ginn is healthy....we could have a decent rotation next year

msstate7
06-19-2019, 10:23 PM
Hancock and locey
Rocker and someone
Burns and someone

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2019, 10:26 PM
Hancock and locey
Rocker and someone
Burns and someone

Rocker and Leiter. Leiter is better than Rocker

preachermatt83
06-19-2019, 10:26 PM
Macloewd will be a hoss as well

msstate7
06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
Rocker and Leiter. Leiter is better than Rocker

Awesome

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 10:29 PM
We will never get the arms Vandy can get.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2019, 10:29 PM
What arms do we lose?

Small
Plumlee
Colby
Cole
Liebelt? (Is he a senior?)
Who else?

That's going to be quite a hit to the pitching staff

KOdawg1
06-19-2019, 10:36 PM
What arms do we lose?

Small
Plumlee
Colby
Cole
Who else?

Barlow (may be addition by subtraction)

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-19-2019, 10:40 PM
What arms do we lose?

Small
Plumlee
Colby
Cole
Who else?

That happens every year though. Last year we lost Pilk, Billingsly, France, and Neff off the top of my head. France was our best guy in the pen, Neff was our best lefty matchup guy, and the other 2 were in the weekend rotation. There's always a high turnover rate at that position.

This year we lose 2 weekend starters but between McCloud, Cerantola, and Smith we've likely got our answer there. We lose Cole, White, Barlow, and Leibelt, but then again 3 of those 4 came out of nowhere so you never know if someone like Eagan, Self, a Fr, or a transfer will step up in their shoes. It happens ever year, the question is will there be enough of them and will they pitch at an elite level. It's impossible to predict how it'll play out because in this sport guys make massive jumps and massive declines in ways that doesn't happen in basketball or football

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 11:21 PM
Hancock and locey
Rocker and someone
Burns and someone

I'm pretty sure Locey signed with the Cardinals.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 11:23 PM

Potential being the key word here.

I think it will be like every year in that once we see how Cerentola performs this summer we'll have a better idea of what to expect from him next year. Guys like Stratton and Hudson had really good summers before they starred as juniors. Cerentola won't be going to the Cape though unless I'm mistaken.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 11:25 PM
That happens every year though. Last year we lost Pilk, Billingsly, France, and Neff off the top of my head. France was our best guy in the pen, Neff was our best lefty matchup guy, and the other 2 were in the weekend rotation. There's always a high turnover rate at that position.

This year we lose 2 weekend starters but between McCloud, Cerantola, and Smith we've likely got our answer there. We lose Cole, White, Barlow, and Leibelt, but then again 3 of those 4 came out of nowhere so you never know if someone like Eagan, Self, a Fr, or a transfer will step up in their shoes. It happens ever year, the question is will there be enough of them and will they pitch at an elite level. It's impossible to predict how it'll play out because in this sport guys make massive jumps and massive declines in ways that doesn't happen in basketball or football

I would like to see us get a grad transfer for the pitching staff this offseason if possible. Either for the rotation or the bullpen.

The Federalist Engineer
06-19-2019, 11:47 PM
Hancock and locey and Wilcox
Rocker and leiter and several other pitchers on Roster were top-100 recruits
Auburn may have messed up Burns, don't buy Auburn until we know Health

Todd4State
06-20-2019, 12:01 AM
Hancock and locey and Wilcox
Rocker and leiter and several other pitchers on Roster were top-100 recruits
Auburn may have messed up Burns, don't buy Auburn until we know Health

Locey is a Cardinal now.

https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/story/st-louis-cardinals-sign-six-mlb-draft-picks-trejyn-fletcher-061219

ArrowDawg
06-20-2019, 12:29 AM

That's cute, the annual let's talk about the "potential of next year's team" post. All I can say is don't get your hopes up if they make it to Omaha, and I doubt they will anyway. You could, however, get a jump start on talking about the "potential" of the 2021 team though.

msstate7
06-20-2019, 05:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Locey signed with the Cardinals.

Good. Didn't know he was drafted... thought he was a soph

GreenheadDawg
06-20-2019, 06:37 AM
That's cute, the annual let's talk about the "potential of next year's team" post. All I can say is don't get your hopes up if they make it to Omaha, and I doubt they will anyway. You could, however, get a jump start on talking about the "potential" of the 2021 team though.

Hey douchebag, atleast we make it Omaha while your bear sharks sit at the house. Eat shit

CadaverDawg
06-20-2019, 06:50 AM
I can't believe I'm asking this, but is Keegan James returning next year? If somehow we could get what we got yesterday from him consistently next year (I know that is highly unlikely), he could at least give us a long relief or midweek option potentially

Dawg2003
06-20-2019, 06:56 AM
Keegan went through senior day activities, so I assume he won't be back.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2019, 07:28 AM
I can't believe I'm asking this, but is Keegan James returning next year? If somehow we could get what we got yesterday from him consistently next year (I know that is highly unlikely), he could at least give us a long relief or midweek option potentially

I think he was drafted around Round 25 also. Would he have 2 years or 1 year left to play?

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Keegan is signing

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 09:48 AM

Then why do you even watch? Seriously? What kinda of mental illness causes someone like you to watch sports? Remember this is entertainment. I am sorry your priorities are screwed up and you are emotionally stunted, but even that doesn't explain your actions.

You claim to know we will never win enough to satisfy you. You have no hope in it. So why do you even care? Why dont you find some other hobbies? I am being 100% serious too. No troll. I would honestly like you to answer. What is wrong with you to make you even watch? Do you think its like a drug addiction? Do you get some sort of rush out of being a miserably asshole?

Go find Jesus or buy a bass boat. Get your life and priorities in order

But I doubt you will. You young kids are all the same. Quitters. Dont want to even try. You expect it all to be handouts. Hopefully when you get older you will realize pouting and stomping your feet get you nothing

TALL DAWG
06-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Then why do you even watch? Seriously? What kinda of mental illness causes someone like you to watch sports? Remember this is entertainment. I am sorry your priorities are screwed up and you are emotionally stunted, but even that doesn't explain your actions.

You claim to know we will never win enough to satisfy you. You have no hope in it. So why do you even care? Why dont you find some other hobbies? I am being 100% serious too. No troll. I would honestly like you to answer. What is wrong with you to make you even watch? Do you think its like a drug addiction? Do you get some sort of rush out of being a miserably asshole?

But I doubt you will. You young kids are all the same. Quitters. Dont want to even try. You expect it all to be handouts. Hopefully when you get older you will realize pouting and stomping your feet get you nothing

I hope Ginn is just 90 percent spot on pitching wise tonight...as u are with ur correct comments here!
If so...we will be playing on Friday!

mparkerfd20
06-20-2019, 02:50 PM

Pretty strong post from you to imply he has a mental illness when you negate the fact that we just lost what most on here felt like was a must-win game to make it to the championship. That fact alone will affect even the most positive 'fans'. Nothing in what he said indicated he had given up. I took it as tongue in cheek that we have this discussion this time of year almost every year. I don't think he's that far off. You have to be 'fanatical' to continue to care even when the unfairness of Vandy's situation as it relates to scholarships is staring everyone right in the face. We aren't out of this thing 'yet', but the outlook isn't good so I for one don't blame him if he actually is questioning why he should care.

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Pretty strong post from you to imply he has a mental illness when you negate the fact that we just lost what most on here felt like was a must-win game to make it to the championship. That fact alone will affect even the most positive 'fans'. Nothing in what he said indicated he had given up. I took it as tongue in cheek that we have this discussion this time of year almost every year. I don't think he's that far off. You have to be 'fanatical' to continue to care even when the unfairness of Vandy's situation as it relates to scholarships is staring everyone right in the face. We aren't out of this thing 'yet', but the outlook isn't good so I for one don't blame him if he actually is questioning why he should care.

lol.

Dude said we can never win a title and me still supporting this team was "sentimental bullshit".

So, lets break that down. He says we will never win a championship in baseball. There is no reason to think we cant. We are a program that has been close before and we are trending upwards. So maybe he just doesn't understand baseball. That's fine. We have a ton of posters here that don't know a damn thing about sports.

But, to my original point, if he actually believes we never will have a chance and it clearly bothers him.....well that's not a healthy mental outlook. I am sorry if the word mental illness is too strong for you, but there really is no other explanation for continuing to get your hopes up or to put this much time and effort into something you know will only cause you heartache.

As the saying goes, The definition of insanity, is, doing the exact same thing over and over again, expecting change.

That's what he is doing. And for his own well being he should probably stop being a fan. No reason for him to be subjected to sentimental bullshit in his current condition. He's too delicate mentally for the ups and downs of this thing we call a game. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

timotheus
06-20-2019, 03:41 PM
dead head was just ststing facts to the poor guy. come on mparkerfd20.

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 04:00 PM
dead head was just ststing facts to the poor guy. come on mparkerfd20.

I mean maybe he is right. Maybe its not possible for us to win a national championship. Ever. That's what he says and believes.

But even if he is right, he should grow a pair and except it and enjoy the ride. Or if he cant enjoy the ride and he knows it futile for us to even try.....he should go away. Sports is not for everyone. That's ok. He can do crosswords or something.

Arrow is of the younger generation that quits every time the going gets rough. Us old timers have bootstrap and can shoulder some adversity without pouting.

Dawg2003
06-20-2019, 04:43 PM
I have learned how to enjoy sports without us winning a natty. I'm not okay with never winning one, but I have learned how to enjoy watching sports without one.

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 04:50 PM
I have learned how to enjoy sports without us winning a natty. I'm not okay with never winning one, but I have learned how to enjoy watching sports without one.

I just dont understand why people like Arrow even bother. It cant be fun for him. It can't be fun for anyone that has the unfortunate luck of being beside him during games. Arrow doesn't believe its even possible, and that makes him upset. There is an easy solution for that. Find something else to spend your time doing.