PDA

View Full Version : Louisville

msstate7
06-19-2019, 08:57 PM
How is their pitching staff right now? They had to deal with a rain suspension, so I figure that took a toll on their staff.

BuckyIsAB****
06-19-2019, 09:35 PM
They are starting Nick Bennett. I wont pretend to know anything about him I can tell you he is probably nothing close to what we saw today. He is 20-6 as a starter and has pitched in Omaha before.

Thats all I got. We have to start hitting the ball before the 7th inning of every damn game though. Cant win like that

BuckyIsAB****
06-19-2019, 09:37 PM
I watched the tail end of their game with Auburn and they threw their top 2 bullpen arms to win it. One of them went 2 or 3 innings the other finished it. Should be set up for us to hit them well but thats on us.

We will need Ginn to pitch at least 6 innings or so and let Gordon finish em. If Ginn is a real badass he will pitch 8 or a CG

Homedawg
06-19-2019, 10:07 PM
They did burn their closer or at least diminished whatbhe can do tomorrow. He went almost 50 pitches. Which to me, would mean we wouldn't see him. But you never know on a do or die.

Homedawg
06-19-2019, 10:08 PM
I watched the tail end of their game with Auburn and they threw their top 2 bullpen arms to win it. One of them went 2 or 3 innings the other finished it. Should be set up for us to hit them well but thats on us.

We will need Ginn to pitch at least 6 innings or so and let Gordon finish em. If Ginn is a real badass he will pitch 8 or a CG
Ginn isn't going a gc. If he gives us 6 strong I'd be tickled.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 10:12 PM
Ginn isn't going a gc. If he gives us 6 strong I'd be tickled.

If we get five and then go with Leibelt, White, and Gordon I'll be very happy.

ScoobaDawg
06-19-2019, 10:19 PM
They are starting Nick Bennett. I wont pretend to know anything about him I can tell you he is probably nothing close to what we saw today. He is 20-6 as a starter and has pitched in Omaha before.

Thats all I got. We have to start hitting the ball before the 7th inning of every damn game though. Cant win like that

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/ohio-high-school/2019/06/04/former-moeller-lefty-nick-bennett-goes-milwaukee-mlb-draft/1340321001/
Bennett's velocity these days sits between 89-93 miles per hour and he usually has averaged around a strikeout per inning through high school and college.
Drafted in 6th round by Brewers

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2019/6/6/18654827/meet-nick-bennett-university-louisville-6th-round-draft-pick-of-the-milwaukee-brewers
Brad: What?s the self-scouting report?
Nick: I throw my fastball well to both sides of the plate. I get a little run with my two-seamer. My wipeout pitch is my curveball. I?ll throw that in any count, if I need to throw it for a strike, like in an 0-0 count to mess with a hitter, I can throw if for a strike. Then my changeup I?ll throw to lefties or righties. I get some good dive on that. I throw a cutter that I?ll usually use straight to lefties, just to have it start at them and cut to the plate. That?s just to give them a different look than the other fastball.
Brad: What makes you successful on the mound?
Nick: Pitching is a lot about confidence; a little bit of a mental game. I think I?m pretty confident when I?m out on the mound. I have the mentality that I?m not going to let the other guy beat me. I like to think of myself as a bulldog when I?m out on the mound. It?s fun to play the game with emotion. It?s a kid game and I like to play it that way. It?s about playing the game the right way, mixing my pitches against hitters. My number one job is to get outs, and I think I do a pretty good job of that.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 10:19 PM
5-2-2. Ginn, Leibelt, Gordon

BuckyIsAB****
06-19-2019, 10:29 PM
5-2-2. Ginn, Leibelt, Gordon

That is pretty taxing. Idk if we can do that and beat Vandy. Let alone twice. But you have to win tomo to even worry about it so if its what we gotta do then do it. Gotta nut up and battle

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 10:32 PM
We are supposed to only throw Gordon, Small, and Leibelt once in 3 games? No. We have no choice now. Hell, I would’ve thrown them today. We’d still have White and Barlow. I’d use Smith out of the pen.

BuckyIsAB****
06-19-2019, 10:37 PM
Nothing to do with us but how the hell does Michigan get off all the way till Friday. They aint played since Monday. Texas Tech is in the losers bracket too, same spot we are but they get a day off tomorrow. Why is their only one damn game tommorow and of course it has to be us

Scared_Hitless
06-20-2019, 08:24 AM
Nothing to do with us but how the hell does Michigan get off all the way till Friday. They aint played since Monday. Texas Tech is in the losers bracket too, same spot we are but they get a day off tomorrow. Why is their only one damn game tommorow and of course it has to be us

We would have had a day off it not for a rain out, the other bracket was unaffected. It is what it is, they try to maintain the schedule if possible. Michigan went 2-0 and no delays on their end.