PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis says not comfortable throwing Small Friday

Bdawg
06-19-2019, 06:27 PM
WTF!! Should have saved him for Vandy if your not going to try to maximize his starts!! I don't get it!!

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 06:28 PM
Then he’s a damn fool and isn’t serious about winning a championship. He wasn’t serious about winning today either.

MetEdDawg
06-19-2019, 06:39 PM
Think people. You all said we HAD to win game 1. So he threw Small game 1. Now you say because we won't bring Small back on 4 days rest our staff mismanaged things and aren't serious about winning?

Freaking stupid folks. We have to beat Vandy twice. Pitching Saturday is no different than pitching Friday. Quite losing your collective minds and let simple logic take over

msstate7
06-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Think people. You all said we HAD to win game 1. So he threw Small game 1. Now you say because we won't bring Small back on 4 days rest our staff mismanaged things and aren't serious about winning?

Freaking stupid folks. We have to beat Vandy twice. Pitching Saturday is no different than pitching Friday. Quite losing your collective minds and let simple logic take over

Sure it's different... if he pitches Friday, you could potentially bring him back on Wednesday

klong-dog
06-19-2019, 06:44 PM

Up in hurrr.

AROB44
06-19-2019, 06:46 PM
I think I will defer to Lemonis on this rather than message board wanna be coaches.

MetEdDawg
06-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Sure it's different... if he pitches Friday, you could potentially bring him back on Wednesday

So we can bring him back on 4 days rest now but can't bring him back on 4 days rest in the championship series?

That makes no sense. Huge difference bringing him back on 4 days rest to win a championship.

MarketingBully
06-19-2019, 06:49 PM

Who do you pitch then? Brandon Smith?

msstate7
06-19-2019, 06:51 PM
So we can bring him back on 4 days rest now but can't bring him back on 4 days rest in the championship series?

That makes no sense. Huge difference bringing him back on 4 days rest to win a championship.

Sat, sun, Monday, Tuesday... Friday would give him 4 days rest

MetEdDawg
06-19-2019, 06:53 PM
Who do you pitch then? Brandon Smith?

I would start Cerantola with Brandon Smith and Keegan James and whatever other bullpen arms are available.

We all knew losers bracket was bad for us. This is why. It's not the ideal situation because we don't have the quality depth of arms necessary to feel comfortable. It's part of it.

You don't just start throwing kids arm health to the wind to win a championship. That's how you get a bad reputation and how you end up losing guys that might come to your university.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 06:53 PM
We’re toast. The whole idea was to get Small three starts. That was the reason for him going game one. In reality, Lemonis is only using him once now. Combine that with the decisions in today’s game and I just don’t get it. Just a lot of craziness with what we’ve done. Got to pray for a rainout Friday now.

ZedFedder
06-19-2019, 06:56 PM
Sheeeeesh y’all are wild.

MetEdDawg
06-19-2019, 06:57 PM
Sat, sun, Monday, Tuesday... Friday would give him 4 days rest

If we pitch him Saturday he can come back Wednesday on 4 days.

My point was you were saying pitching him Friday means he can come back Tuesday on 4 days rest. Pitch him Saturday and he can come back for the Wednesday game of the championship series if there is one. You would just go Plumlee, Ginn, Small.

He's gonna have to pitch 4 days rest no matter what most likely. Question is would you rather do it now or in the championship game? I would rather do it in the championship game because now you are taking about pitching him back to back 4 days rest potentially doing it your way.

That to me is not an option. If Lemonis addresses it and said no, why is that not good enough for our fan base? And why is it not even something that could potentially make sense?

MetEdDawg
06-19-2019, 06:58 PM
We’re toast. The whole idea was to get Small three starts. That was the reason for him going game one. In reality, Lemonis is only using him once now. Combine that with the decisions in today’s game and I just don’t get it. Just a lot of craziness with what we’ve done. Got to pray for a rainout Friday now.

Or a win Friday???? Small would come back Saturday on 5 days rest. Then we would pitch him 4 days rest if we make it to the Wednesday game.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Because Lemonis has zero experience as a HC at the CWS and if that was his plan, he pissed away things today by not throwing our top pen guys. And the bad decision is magnified by the rain out yesterday.

MarketingBully
06-19-2019, 07:05 PM
Because Lemonis has zero experience as a HC at the CWS and if that was his plan, he pissed away things today by not throwing our top pen guys.

Yeah, with the rainout, you had to do everything in your power to avoid the losers bracket. Game is 2-0. You put in Leibelt or Gordon. You ride your best bullpen arms. You can’t go with non-trusted arms in that situation. If we had kept it at 2-0, you had to feel good about us coming back from that. Just bad coaching decisions along with a couple of brain farts that cost us there.

maroonmania
06-19-2019, 07:06 PM

Exactly, if you don't pitch him Friday, even if in an abbreviated start, then he won't be available at all in a championship series should you make it. That is just freakin' STUPID. Once we lose again Small can rest for weeks and weeks if he wants.

Homedawg
06-19-2019, 07:07 PM
If we pitch him Saturday he can come back Wednesday on 4 days.

My point was you were saying pitching him Friday means he can come back Tuesday on 4 days rest. Pitch him Saturday and he can come back for the Wednesday game of the championship series if there is one. You would just go Plumlee, Ginn, Small.

He's gonna have to pitch 4 days rest no matter what most likely. Question is would you rather do it now or in the championship game? I would rather do it in the championship game because now you are taking about pitching him back to back 4 days rest potentially doing it your way.

That to me is not an option. If Lemonis addresses it and said no, why is that not good enough for our fan base? And why is it not even something that could potentially make sense?

That's 3 days rest ....

maroonmania
06-19-2019, 07:07 PM
Yeah, with the rainout, you had to do everything in your power to avoid the losers bracket. Game is 2-0. You put in Leibelt or Gordon. You ride your best bullpen arms. You can’t go with non-trusted arms in that situation. If we had kept it at 2-0, you had to feel good about us coming back from that. Just bad coaching decisions along with a couple of brain farts that cost us there.

For some reason Lemonis and Foxhall have a lot of trust in Self. I don't know why. Vandy hit him like BP last year in the Super Regional. And that was before Self had the surgery.

basedog
06-19-2019, 07:08 PM
I think I will defer to Lemonis on this rather than message board wanna be coaches.

+1

Pretty sickening

Homedawg
06-19-2019, 07:08 PM
Either way we have to beat them twice. But if we have to do that w Friday win with Brandon smith and company well that thought scares me. But we have to beat Louisville first

Bdawg
06-19-2019, 07:16 PM
My point was if you knew you weren't going to throw him but twice, then he should have saved him for today. That is a total mismanagement in my opinion. Since he started game 1, I figured he would throw Sunday, Friday, and Wednesday if we made the finals. To me that's basically five days rest between starts because he gets almost all day to rest the day of the game.

Bdawg
06-19-2019, 07:17 PM
+1

Pretty sickening

Jeez, we are just discussing strategy. You two need to get your panties out of your ass.

maroonmania
06-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Either way we have to beat them twice. But if we have to do that w Friday win with Brandon smith and company well that thought scares me. But we have to beat Louisville first

And if Small doesn't pitch until Saturday, then he is done for the year even if he pitches you into the championship series. If you are serious about wanting to win this you have to work it where Small can potentially pitch twice more, even if you hold him to a 65-70 pitch count.

maroonmania
06-19-2019, 07:18 PM
My point was if you knew you weren't going to throw him but twice, then he should have saved him for today. That is a total mismanagement in my opinion. Since he started game 1, I figured he he would throw Sunday, Friday, and Wednesday if we made the finals. To me that's basically five days rest between starts because he gets almost all day to rest the day of the game.

Agreed, stupid management.

basedog
06-19-2019, 07:19 PM
Jeez, we are just discussing strategy. You two need to get your panties out of your ass.

LOL.

Bdawg
06-19-2019, 07:20 PM

In total agreement with this. You have to pull out all the stops to win today and make Vandy use up some arms in losers bracket. Thought it was a bad decision.

dantheman4248
06-19-2019, 07:23 PM
It’s gonna rain in omaha all next week. Game 3 will NOT be played on Wednesday.

msstate7
06-19-2019, 07:25 PM
It’s gonna rain in omaha all next week. Game 3 will NOT be played on Wednesday.

It was gonna rain all day yesterday in my town according to Monday night forecast. Rained about 2 hours and sunny

dantheman4248
06-19-2019, 07:30 PM
It was gonna rain all day yesterday in my town according to Monday night forecast. Rained about 2 hours and sunny

Well it was supposed to rain from 1pm on yesterday here and it did just that. Pretty sure forecast has rain tomorrow and friday too. Might end up throwing Small against louisville.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 07:45 PM
I don't necessarily have a problem with holding Small back until Saturday honestly because if we get that far Vandy would probably come back with their ace. But at the same time for us to win the CWS Lemonis is going to have to throw some guys on short rest. That's just reality. If we get that far of course.

I'm not sure why he trusts guys like Barlow and Self over other guys like Colby White and lately Eric Cerentola. It's kind of odd.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 07:49 PM
And if Small doesn't pitch until Saturday, then he is done for the year even if he pitches you into the championship series. If you are serious about wanting to win this you have to work it where Small can potentially pitch twice more, even if you hold him to a 65-70 pitch count.

In total agreement with this. You have to pull out all the stops to win today and make Vandy use up some arms in losers bracket. Thought it was a bad decision.

Careful criticizing the coach's decision. You might have people on Twitter calling you a wannabe scout and people on here telling you that you are a horrible person.

The pitching staff management has been questionable in both the SEC Tournament and the CWS if we're all honest with ourselves. That doesn't mean that Lemonis is a bad coach or has done a bad job. But he is going to have to throw some guys on short rest or we're sunk already.

deadheaddawg
06-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Then he’s a damn fool and isn’t serious about winning a championship. He wasn’t serious about winning today either.

lol.

People like you are unbelievable. If you were serious with this post, then please see a mental health professional. You can't think rationally when things aren't going your way. Honestly there is medicine that can help you. I hate seeing people suffer like you are

deadheaddawg
06-19-2019, 07:59 PM
L

Because Lemonis has zero experience as a HC at the CWS and if that was his plan, he pissed away things today by not throwing our top pen guys. And the bad decision is magnified by the rain out yesterday.

Good point. We have a lot of CWS Head Coaching experience on this board and it would do lemonis some good to read this thread.

I'm embarrassed to say I have never been a head coach in a CWS game. But I know that's not the case with you.

How many games have you coached again? I can't remember

Scared_Hitless
06-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Acting like he didnt consult with Small and Foxhall is a joke. We want a championship but Small has a big future ahead of him if he doesnt feel comfortable throwing on short rest thank him for all he has given to our university. I throw Cerentola and hope he is on if we make it to Friday. Kid can shutdown anyone if he throws strikes.

msstate7
06-19-2019, 08:03 PM
Acting like he didnt consult with Small and Foxhall is a joke. We want a championship but Small has a big future ahead of him if he doesnt feel comfortable throwing on short rest thank him for all he has given to our university. I throw Cerentola and hope he is on if we make it to Friday. Kid can shutdown anyone if he throws strikes.

4 days rest is standard for milb/mlb pitchers. The ones that actually pay the contracts don't feel 4 days rest is risky business.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 08:05 PM

I'm about 99% sure that if you asked Small if he could pitch on Friday he would say yes.

And like I said- I don't disagree with Lemonis for holding Small back because I would rather have Small face Fellows than have Brandon Smith face Fellows with the season on the line.

Now I do agree with you about Cerentola- I would roll the dice with a short leash on him if we get to Friday. I'm not really sure what Lemonis will do if we beat Louisville honestly.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 08:06 PM
L

Good point. We have a lot of CWS Head Coaching experience on this board and it would do lemonis some good to read this thread.

I'm embarrassed to say I have never been a head coach in a CWS game. But I know that's not the case with you.

How many games have you coached again? I can't remember

As many as him coming into this season? Doesn’t change the fact he gave up putting in Self today. Especially if he’s never going to deviate from “the book” and not throw guys on shooter rest. And hell, Liebelt was warming up in the 9th. But we didn’t want to stay in the game? And I get protecting Small. But the strategy makes no sense.

basedog
06-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Lemonis didn't say Small want pitch, said he was uncomfortable with the decision. Hope we win tomorrow night.

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 08:07 PM
4 days rest is standard for milb/mlb pitchers. The ones that actually pay the contracts don't feel 4 days rest is risky business.

It is a little different in college because of their physical maturity.

However that being said- the fact that this is the CWS also makes it different and in postseason you have to be a little bit more liberal with how you manage your staff within reason.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2019, 08:11 PM
Next time you guys bitch about LSU and how lucky they are and wish we had those ships, you better realize their guy throws on short rest. They go all out. I hope to see the day we do. Oregon St threw their guys on short rest the last few years. You go after championships when you get the chance.

msstate7
06-19-2019, 08:15 PM
Next time you guys butch about LSU and how lucky they are and wish we had those ships, you better realize their guy throws on short rest. They go all out. I hope to see the day we do. Oregon St threw their guys on short rest the last few years. You go after championships when you get the chance.

I'm against throwing starters with futures on 3 days rest, but 4 is no big deal imo. Hell, the braves have 18-year-olds throwing every 5th day in A ball

preachermatt83
06-19-2019, 08:15 PM
We have some of the most ignorant baseball people in the world on this board. I’d pitch him Friday if I knew he could go but either way we have to beat them twice. Even mentioning pitching anyone but small in the first game is just dumb. And people criticizing our pitching choices after we blew through regionals and super regionals makes even less sense.

Homedawg
06-19-2019, 08:32 PM
I'm against throwing starters with futures on 3 days rest, but 4 is no big deal imo. Hell, the braves have 18-year-olds throwing every 5th day in A ball

I agee w that. BUT, those guys have been conditioned to do that. They tote the bump every 5th day no matter. College baseball has gone so scared and conditioned them for every 7th day is different. And no I'm not saying we should give him 7 days. Especially after not even throwing 100 pitches. But it is different. For the record I'd throw him Friday and let the chips fall where they may. But I get the reasoning

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Next time you guys bitch about LSU and how lucky they are and wish we had those ships, you better realize their guy throws on short rest. They go all out. I hope to see the day we do. Oregon St threw their guys on short rest the last few years. You go after championships when you get the chance.

Bertman is the other extreme. But his success was mostly because he realized that the bats were super live and he just roided up his teams and almost turned LSU into a beer league softball team with some Louisiana kids that could throw hard. A lot of times his guys on short rest didn't perform all that well on short rest but LSU was able to outslug the other team.

BuckyIsAB****
06-19-2019, 08:40 PM
WTF!! Should have saved him for Vandy if your not going to try to maximize his starts!! I don't get it!!

He could be just trying to rope a dope them. You never know. I say he pitches unless Small himself says Im not doing it. If thats the case then its not on Lemonis

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 08:40 PM

The thing is after the CWS our pitchers are going to get the entire offseason to rest if needed. Small is going to get extended rest between now and when he signs with the Brewers. At this point it starts to become about winning to a degree. If we use Small like we used Plumlee when he made starts against Arkansas, Ole Miss in the Governor's Cup and then in Georgia where he had 4-5 days rest in between starts and threw only around 60 pitches in each start I'm definitely good with that and would be good if he extended Small a little more than that on short rest.

MSSTATESEEYA
06-19-2019, 08:42 PM
We?re toast. The whole idea was to get Small three starts. That was the reason for him going game one. In reality, Lemonis is only using him once now. Combine that with the decisions in today?s game and I just don?t get it. Just a lot of craziness with what we?ve done. Got to pray for a rainout Friday now.

Your username is great but you're a shit fan. We are far from toast. If Mangum read this he would tell you to hold his beer. There is plenty of magic in this team and no quit. Quit being a bunch of pus**** and cheer for our team. What we did Sunday night, last year, and this season and you've already given up on them. Get it together.

msstate7
06-19-2019, 08:43 PM
Personally I think lemonis made this comment publicly, so small would pretty much demand the ball Friday night (assuming we playing then)

BuckyIsAB****
06-19-2019, 08:45 PM

Exactly. Nut up and do what you have to do. If not it doesnt mean enough to you. I thought we didnt just come up here for the shirt? Im starting to wonder now

parabrave
06-19-2019, 08:47 PM
All these pitching scenarios are mute if you can't score runs or field the ball/

Todd4State
06-19-2019, 09:02 PM
Personally I think lemonis made this comment publicly, so small would pretty much demand the ball Friday night (assuming we playing then)

I doubt that would be necessary. All pitchers want to pitch in all the big games. They don't need that kind of motivation.

Bdawg
06-19-2019, 09:02 PM
He could be just trying to rope a dope them. You never know. I say he pitches unless Small himself says Im not doing it. If thats the case then its not on Lemonis

I hope he's screwing with the other team but it didn't sound like it. I was all in favor of Small throwing first if we were going to try to use him 3 times. I may would have thrown Ginn first on plenty of rest and then Small to face Vandy if he knew before the CWS started that he wasn't going to throw Small but twice. I will say another thing, this decision could have been made after Small's start and how he feels right now.

preachermatt83
06-19-2019, 10:30 PM
All these pitching scenarios are mute if you can't score runs or field the ball/

I think you mean “moot”, and if so, I agree.

drunkernhelldawg
06-20-2019, 10:17 AM

Exactly. It's not even worth discussing since we have to win both. Get there, and what an advantage to have our Ace in the Semi-final game!

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Your username is great but you're a shit fan. We are far from toast. If Mangum read this he would tell you to hold his beer. There is plenty of magic in this team and no quit. Quit being a bunch of pus**** and cheer for our team. What we did Sunday night, last year, and this season and you've already given up on them. Get it together.

Then, by god, hand me the beer.

msstate7
06-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Has Ethan signed a contract yet?

smootness
06-20-2019, 10:45 AM
There is a huge difference in pitching Small Friday and Saturday, if you're actually concerned with winning the championship series if we get there.

Jack Lambert
06-20-2019, 11:14 AM

Polk would throw him until his arm fell off. If everyone is going to bitch I would be bitching why we didn't pitch Ginn yesterday. Hell are we the only team at the CWS that didn't pitch their number 2 guy the second game? Now to be fair I am a dumb ass but I would not start Ginn tonight. UL is throwing their mid week starter. Save Ginn for the first Vandy game.

mstatefan91
06-20-2019, 11:25 AM
I think Lemo's point is that Small has done a lot for the M over S and jeopardizing his future in the Pros is unfair to Small.. Agree or disagree with it.. that's the reality.

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 12:20 PM
Polk would throw him until his arm fell off. If everyone is going to bitch I would be bitching why we didn't pitch Ginn yesterday. Hell are we the only team at the CWS that didn't pitch their number 2 guy the second game? Now to be fair I am a dumb ass but I would not start Ginn tonight. UL is throwing their mid week starter. Save Ginn for the first Vandy game.

Louisville is throwing a guy that has a career record of 20-6 and was drafted.

smootness
06-20-2019, 12:22 PM
I think Lemo's point is that Small has done a lot for the M over S and jeopardizing his future in the Pros is unfair to Small.. Agree or disagree with it.. that's the reality.

Then we should have saved him for yesterday's game.

deadheaddawg
06-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Then we should have saved him for yesterday's game.

Why? We threw small against Auburn and it took a miracle error for us to win it. Zero reason to think we would have won the Auburn game with anyone else on the mound

So saving him for yesterday's game would have probably just meant we throw small in a losers bracket game and we would probably be....... 1-1

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Notice that Lemo said, "Not comfortable throwing Small Friday".

He didn't say he WOULD NOT throw Small on Friday

Jack Lambert
06-20-2019, 01:52 PM
Louisville is throwing a guy that has a career record of 20-6 and was drafted.

He is not one of their top three. Thats my point. Hell our mid week guys got drafted.

dantheman4248
06-20-2019, 01:53 PM
Notice that Lemo said, "Not comfortable throwing Small Friday".

He didn't say he WOULD NOT throw Small on Friday

Also rain is imminent tomorrow here. Don’t expect more than one game to happen tomorrow.

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 02:04 PM
He is not one of their top three. Thats my point. Hell our mid week guys got drafted.

Not in the sixth round.

Jack Lambert
06-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Not in the sixth round.

Not going to argue this shit. Our guys will light his ass up. That's all I have to say about it.

dantheman4248
06-20-2019, 02:10 PM
Not in the sixth round.

Some guys get drafted on potential not results. Some guys are better as relievers / closers but in college teams have to use them as starters. Just cause he was 6th round does not make him a good college starting pitcher.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2019, 02:22 PM
If you believe he’s not very good, you’re going to be very disappointed.

Dawg2003
06-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Vandy also has a bunch of lefties, so it was a bad matchup for Ginn.

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 02:48 PM
Some guys get drafted on potential not results. Some guys are better as relievers / closers but in college teams have to use them as starters. Just cause he was 6th round does not make him a good college starting pitcher.

I haven't watched him pitch. Not once. He does have the second most starts on their team. Also avg a k per inning. And he was drafted in the sixth round. And I'm well aware how the draft works. The guy was a fr all American. He's not some scrub.

dantheman4248
06-20-2019, 03:07 PM
I haven't watched him pitch. Not once. He does have the second most starts on their team. Also avg a k per inning. And he was drafted in the sixth round. And I'm well aware how the draft works. The guy was a fr all American. He's not some scrub.

No one is saying he is a scrub. No one is saying he’s a world beater. He’s our next victim plain and simple. We haven’t lost in regulation to a non-SEC team this year. Tonight is not the night to start.

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 03:17 PM
No one is saying he is a scrub. No one is saying he’s a world beater. He’s our next victim plain and simple. We haven’t lost in regulation to a non-SEC team this year. Tonight is not the night to start.

Hope we do light him up. I hate LH starters against us. Makes our lineup weaker.

smootness
06-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Why? We threw small against Auburn and it took a miracle error for us to win it. Zero reason to think we would have won the Auburn game with anyone else on the mound

So saving him for yesterday's game would have probably just meant we throw small in a losers bracket game and we would probably be....... 1-1

Because I trust Plumlee and our pen could have also held Auburn to 4 runs.

smootness
06-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Bennett was not just their midweek starter all year. He had 7 starts in ACC play. Of course, it's also true that he's not that great.

He had 9 appearances against ACC competition. Here's how he did:
44 IP, 49 H, 28 R (27 ER, 5.52 ERA), 20 BB, 37 K.
1.57 WHIP, 4.1 BB/9, 7.6 K/9.

He's not great. We should definitely get to him.

dantheman4248
06-20-2019, 04:33 PM
Because I trust Plumlee and our pen could have also held Auburn to 4 runs.

Honestly Ethan did better than that, the Umpire was just terrible. So many strikes called balls. I trust our bullpen in a normal outing, but that outing could have turned ugly quick with that ump’s zone.

Coach34
06-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Ginn tonight is obvious. He should be healthy and ready- but there is concern about rust. We really need 5 IP out of him tonight.

Small tomorrow should be a no-brainer. You are playing the best team in the country in an elimination game. You have to throw your best. Small is 22 years old and abou to throw every 5th day starting next month. Its the CWS. Plus- if you wait until Saturday- even if we somehow on Friday w/o him- it guarantees he wont pitch in the Championship Series- which is ludicrous. This is nut-cutting time, you do what it takes to win a title. We have baby'ed him and Ginn all year. It's time to step up.

If we get rain and it changes the schedule- all the better. We adjust from there.

Not pitching Small on Friday tho if we play would be dumb. It's Lemon's job to win a title- thats the bottom line. I dont care what our guys do in MLB. Its never hurt LSU and other schools recruiting riding the hell out of their pitching.

Bdawg
06-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Ginn tonight is obvious. He should be healthy and ready- but there is concern about rust. We really need 5 IP out of him tonight.

Small tomorrow should be a no-brainer. You are playing the best team in the country in an elimination game. You have to throw your best. Small is 22 years old and abou to throw every 5th day starting next month. Its the CWS. Plus- if you wait until Saturday- even if we somehow on Friday w/o him- it guarantees he wont pitch in the Championship Series- which is ludicrous. This is nut-cutting time, you do what it takes to win a title. We have baby'ed him and Ginn all year. It's time to step up.

If we get rain and it changes the schedule- all the better. We adjust from there.

Not pitching Small on Friday tho if we play would be dumb. It's Lemon's job to win a title- thats the bottom line. I dont care what our guys do in MLB. Its never hurt LSU and other schools recruiting riding the hell out of their pitching.

Totally agree. It's what I said from the beginning of this thread. One of that main reason for throwing Small first was to be able to use him 3 times. It's not like your killing the guy with 5 days rest between starts. I just think Lemonis would look really dumb if we pulled off the miracle comeback and then went to the championship series without your ace possibly available. Heck, lower his pitch count a bit Friday if that makes you more comfortable. But by all means, don't go to the finals without your ace. Maybe we will get some rain and spread this damn thing out some more.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2019, 05:38 PM
Vandy also has a bunch of lefties, so it was a bad matchup for Ginn.

With Ginn's stuff, there shouldn't be any bad matchup for him vs college hitters.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2019, 05:40 PM

Uh....Pray for rain. At least that's what I'm doing.

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 05:44 PM

I think it's part of his job to protect the guys arms. With that said. Throwing Sunday 102 pitches then Friday isn't endangering him. We won't win a championship if that's the route we take. And yes I realize the odds are stacked against us. Gotta win tonight first....

msstate7
06-20-2019, 05:45 PM
With Ginn's stuff, there shouldn't be any bad matchup for him vs college hitters.

Maybe, but LSU clearly was...

2 starts.
7.1 ip 13 h 9 er 4 bb 14 k
Era = 11.05
Whip = 2.32

LSU is loaded with LHHs, so there may be something to if

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 05:46 PM

This^^^ while I'll say he should be better against rh hitters, as you said lh hitters shouldn't wear him out.

msstate7
06-20-2019, 05:46 PM
I think it's part of his job to protect the guys arms. With that said. Throwing Sunday 102 pitches then Friday isn't endangering him. We won't win a championship if that's the route we take. And yes I realize the odds are stacked against us. Gotta win tonight first....

Has small signed a contract? Not signing is really the only justification I can think of for not using him on less rest

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Maybe, but LSU clearly was...

2 starts.
7.1 ip 13 h 9 er 4 bb 14 k
Era = 11.05
Whip = 2.32

LSU is loaded with LHHs, so there may be something to if

Bc he couldn't locate his fastball. Not Bc they hit his slider.

Homedawg
06-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Has small signed a contract? Not signing is really the only justification I can think of for not using him on less rest

Can't sign yet. In most of these cases they don't discuss money until season is over.

Coach34
06-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Bc he couldn't locate his fastball. Not Bc they hit his slider.

he has got to get better with his 4 seam FB on the hands. Thats his weakest part vs LH's right now