PDA

View Full Version : the strikezone box and ball location

gravedigger
06-19-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm not saying it's wrong all or most of the time, but it appears some graphics guy is doing it manually.

I've seen some pitch locations that cannot be correct.

MedDawg
06-19-2019, 12:47 PM
I'm not saying it's wrong all or most of the time, but it appears some graphics guy is doing it manually.

I've seen some pitch locations that cannot be correct.

I hadn't thought of that, but it definitely looked like that the other night. Pitches would be at our batters' ankles and the strike circle would miraculously show up a second later on the bottom edge of the box.

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2019, 12:49 PM
It's hard from our angle on the TV to know where it cross the batter at

Lord McBuckethead
06-19-2019, 12:54 PM
It's hard, but I have been doing it literally my entire life. I manually take score during games, and I am about 95% accurate on my ball/strike calls before the umpire makes a peep.

gravedigger
06-19-2019, 03:09 PM
It's hard from our angle on the TV to know where it cross the batter at

That one wasnt hard. The ball was pulled up from the ankles. whomever the monkey is on the graphics showed it up against the strike zone.

maroonmania
06-19-2019, 07:11 PM
I have never seen so many pitches just above the ankles called strikes in my life like I have at this CWS. And yes, a lot of the time the strike zone graphic is misplaced.

Acid mouth
06-19-2019, 08:41 PM
I have never seen so many pitches just above the ankles called strikes in my life like I have at this CWS. And yes, a lot of the time the strike zone graphic is misplaced.

I also thought some of the pitches didn't match up in the games especially the low strikes. MLB K-zone is absolutely flawless with the pitch location. Clearly CWS uses some other method.