PDA

View Full Version : Urban to USC?

msstate7
06-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Zach smith (idiot, I know) says so

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-USC-Trojans-Zach-Smith-podcast-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-132986214/

This would be great for CFB to get usc back on the map. If I'm LSU, I'd offer whatever it takes to get urban

- Fixed idiots link

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2019, 11:20 AM

This would be great for CFB to get usc back on the map. If I'm LSU, I'd offer whatever it takes to get urban

I don't think Urban would go to LSU. I legitimately believe he wants to avoid pressure & LSU would be the opposite of that.

I think USC would be a perfect fit for him with where he is in life.

Liverpooldawg
06-19-2019, 11:22 AM
USC is my second team. I would be ALL for it!

msstate7
06-19-2019, 11:24 AM
CFB needs a power on the west coast imo. Urban would immediately do that

Ari Gold
06-19-2019, 11:33 AM
**** that guy...

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2019, 11:35 AM
**** that guy...

Let me guess, he only had offers from Kentucky & Indiana*

Pollodawg
06-19-2019, 11:37 AM
False. It’s common knowledge that Urban Meyer is praying for Luke to fail, so he can officially start burning the phones up for the Ole Miss job.

He’s beating a path to redneck land up in Oxen Ford.

Ari Gold
06-19-2019, 11:46 AM
Let me guess, he only had offers from Kentucky & Indiana*

I don’t like Urban I think he is a POS.

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2019, 11:58 AM
I don’t like Urban I think he is a POS.

As is most every other top coach.

Peterson & Dabo the only one who aren't?

Urban
Saban
Smart
Harbaugh
Herman
Orgeron (not a top coach)
Jimbo
Kelly

All dickheads. Not sure on Lincoln Riley

PMDawg
06-19-2019, 12:00 PM
**** that guy...

Yep. I hope we never see that piece of trash again.

Dawg61
06-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Nah this reeks of a domestic abuser desperately trying to bring clicks to his shitty podcast cause he's probably drowning in debt. 17 that guy. Don't support him in anyway.

PMDawg
06-19-2019, 12:02 PM

Urban
Saban
Smart
Harbaugh
Herman
Jimbo
Kelly

Jimbo is the only one in your list that I would put in the same category as Urban. You could include Freeze, IF he was a good coach.

DancingRabbit
06-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Feels like Stoops will be back soon. Might be NFL though.

gravedigger
06-19-2019, 12:41 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-USC-Trojans-Zach-Smith-podcast-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-football-132986214/

- Fixed idiots link

If I'm Urban, I head to the golf course, and call ESPN or someone to be studio analyst.

He left Florida complaining he was about to have a heart attack. He left OSU under duress. I have no idea if either are legit reasons, but it seems obvious he cant or wont sustain happiness in coaching.

Lord McBuckethead
06-19-2019, 12:57 PM
As a football coach and recruiter, Urban is bad ass. As a person, in my opinion he is a piece of shit. He is terrible in the way he "overlooks" things just like ole Joe Pa. If it could hurt him, overlook it. Got a guy that literally tried to kill multiple people, but he was a good TE, so overlook it. So what if he enabled him to then go on to killing people for real.

TUSK
06-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Urbs to USC?

09/05/20 - Bammer vs USC (in Arlington, TX)

I'll allow it.

Lord McBuckethead
06-19-2019, 01:07 PM
I say all of that, but I would take him as a coach.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-19-2019, 01:22 PM

Urban
Saban
Smart
Harbaugh
Herman
Jimbo
Kelly

You forgot about Mullen.*

coachnorm
06-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Just something about USC for fellow Elite Doggers. USC is a business first and a school second. Athletics is not a passion for the owners of that private business and its board of trustees. With the exception of Pete Carroll, USC has not made a significant hire, USC has only promoted within. Before Pete Carroll was hired, Coach Hackett was so disliked that a 94,000 seat venue was seating at half capacity and the owners just did not care? USC has bigger money making interest than sports thus athletics is relegated to a lesser importance. No university disrespects its fan base more than USC. A case in point is Pat Haden being on the board of trustees yet promoting Notre Dame Football on NBC as a presenter? All this while the the admissions scandal is evolving? Haden is now implicated in the scandal as the acting AD at the time? Sooner or later, the average American public is going to find out that USC Football was not guilty of anything in the Reggie Bush so called benefits sanctions. USC knew that they were not guilty yet found it in their best interest to not play hardball like Todd McNair did? FYI, McNair is back to trial because the NCAA had a plant, one of their appellate attorneys on the jury? USC still will not reap the benefits of evidence, at trial, and vindicate its football team and fan base.

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Just something about USC for fellow Elite Doggers. USC is a business first and a school second. Athletics is not a passion for the owners of that private business and its board of trustees. With the exception of Pete Carroll, USC has not made a significant hire, USC has only promoted within. Before Pete Carroll was hired, Coach Hackett was so disliked that a 94,000 seat venue was seating at half capacity and the owners just did not care? USC has bigger money making interest than sports thus athletics is relegated to a lesser importance. No university disrespects its fan base more than USC. A case in point is Pat Haden being on the board of trustees yet promoting Notre Dame Football on NBC as a presenter? All this while the the admissions scandal is evolving? Haden is now implicated in the scandal as the acting AD at the time? Sooner or later, the average American public is going to find out that USC Football was not guilty of anything in the Reggie Bush so called benefits sanctions. USC knew that they were not guilty yet found it in their best interest to not play hardball like Todd McNair did? FYI, McNair is back to trial because the NCAA had a plant, one of their appellate attorneys on the jury? USC still will not reap the benefits of evidence, at trial, and vindicate its football team and fan base.

This is a great post.

You're right. There is something odd about USC.

I almost see them as more of a professional entity than a collegiate program. Very very odd program that kind of just exists but lacks commitment.

RocketDawg
06-19-2019, 01:55 PM
CFB needs a power on the west coast imo. Urban would immediately do that

I thought he was sick again. This time not his heart, but some sort of benign brain tumor. Seriously.

RocketDawg
06-19-2019, 01:58 PM

Urban
Saban
Smart
Harbaugh
Herman
Jimbo
Kelly

Dabo's no saint.

Jack Lambert
06-19-2019, 01:58 PM
He should go to Indiana and really show everyone how good he is.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
06-19-2019, 02:52 PM
I don't think Urban would go to LSU. I legitimately believe he wants to avoid pressure & LSU would be the opposite of that.

I think USC would be a perfect fit for him with where he is in life.
Probably the biggest reason urban wouldn?t go to LSU is because he quit Florida because he was afraid of saban.

msstate7
06-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Probably the biggest reason urban wouldn?t go to LSU is because he quit Florida because he was afraid of saban.

Isn't the head-to-head 2-2? This myth has got a life of its own. Urban left Florida bc Florida fans are idiots

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
06-19-2019, 02:57 PM
False. It?s common knowledge that Urban Meyer is praying for Luke to fail, so he can officially start burning the phones up for the Ole Miss job.

He?s beating a path to redneck land up in Oxen Ford.

https://i.imgur.com/jJmiG2h.gif?noredirect

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
06-19-2019, 03:04 PM
Isn't the head-to-head 2-2? This myth has got a life of its own. Urban left Florida bc Florida fans are idiots
Close. I thought it was more lopsided but this article says it’s 2-1 saban.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/college-football/2014/12/28/nick-saban-urban-meyer-sugar-bowl

msstate7
06-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Close. I thought it was more lopsided but this article says it’s 2-1 saban.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/college-football/2014/12/28/nick-saban-urban-meyer-sugar-bowl

Nope, urban beat saban in 2014 playoffs to make it 2-2

MSUDAWGFAN
06-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Close. I thought it was more lopsided but this article says it?s 2-1 saban.

Then that article is wrong. Meyer beat Saban in the SECCG while at Florida in 08 and in the Sugar Bowl at OSU in 14.

Meyer didn't leave Florida because he was scared of Saban. He got admitted to the hospital because he had legitimate heart issues. You don't get admitted to the hospital because you are faking it.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
06-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Nope, urban beat saban in 2014 playoffs to make it 2-2

Gotcha. Thanks

RougeDawg
06-19-2019, 03:26 PM
I don?t like Urban I think he is a POS.

Yep, any person using an "ilness" to bail out on their two previous positions is a low life in my book. He's a liar. Always has been, always will be. Walks around like a Peacock when things are going his way, and runs like a baby when times get tough. Garbage human being. Not to mention how some of his former players outed him and his treatment of them.

MSUDAWGFAN
06-20-2019, 07:26 AM
Yep, any person using an "ilness" to bail out on their two previous positions is a low life in my book. He's a liar. Always has been, always will be. Walks around like a Peacock when things are going his way, and runs like a baby when times get tough. Garbage human being. Not to mention how some of his former players outed him and his treatment of them.

I knew he left Florida due to a heart condition. I thought he left OSU due to Zach Smith beating his wife and Urban helping cover it up. Didn't think it was because of illness. What illness did he have this time? Seriously, I didn't know. While I can't disagree that he is a garbage human being, I can say he had legitimate health issues while at Florida. If you don't believe that, then go to your local hospital and tell them you are having heart problems and you need to be admitted. Send me the bill. I'll pay it if you are faking. Hospitals don't have the time to admit someone who isn't legitimately sick.

msstate7
06-20-2019, 07:29 AM
I knew he left Florida due to a heart condition. I thought he left OSU due to Zach Smith beating his wife and Urban helping cover it up. Didn't think it was because of illness. What illness did he have this time? Seriously, I didn't know. While I can't disagree that he is a garbage human being, I can say he had legitimate health issues while at Florida. If you don't believe that, then go to your local hospital and tell them you are having heart problems and you need to be admitted. Send me the bill. I'll pay it if you are faking. Hospitals don't have the time to admit someone who isn't legitimately sick.

Urban had/has cysts on his brain

coachnorm
06-20-2019, 12:25 PM
This is a great post.

I almost see them as more of a professional entity than a collegiate program. Very very odd program that kind of just exists but lacks commitment.

Something else for fellow Elite Doggers about USC. USC has somehow encroached on low income housing in it's South Central area of Los Angeles. Properties were bought and residents displaced. The properties were razed to the ground and high end student accommodation built to support the very wealthy. Many members of the Board Of Trustees are senior real estate developers, connect the dots if you know what I mean? Another thing is the effort to high jack University Of California associates to move Federal and State grant appropriations authorized for the University Of California? This was a form of a business take over. The UC System thru the State Of California Attorney General had to take USC to Court to stop this take over effort. Many member of the Board Of Trustees are affiliated with medical research and development, connect the dots? USC is too involved with foreign entities. If we were to go to war with China, remember USC is heavily invested overseas and especially China? There is a lot of foreign participation on the Board Of Trustees at USC. This is great for an organization focused on profit first and education afterwards?

coachnorm
06-20-2019, 01:01 PM
This is a great post.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/world/universities-offshore-investments.html

Take notice that USC is listed as one of the BIG 5 listed in this exposure by the NYT. When an organization is that shady, it wants it's profile as low as possible to keep the money flowing. That is why USC let the NCAA damage its football program. Too much big money was in play to let college football pittance money bring attention to the Schools money making mission? USC still stays quiet even thought Todd McNair's litigation has proven it's football program innocent and the NCAA guilty of sanctioning the USC program without credible evidence of any kind?

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2019, 03:00 PM
Something else for fellow Elite Doggers about USC. USC has somehow encroached on low income housing in it's South Central area of Los Angeles. Properties were bought and residents displaced. The properties were razed to the ground and high end student accommodation built to support the very wealthy. Many members of the Board Of Trustees are senior real estate developers, connect the dots if you know what I mean? Another thing is the effort to high jack University Of California associates to move Federal and State grant appropriations authorized for the University Of California? This was a form of a business take over. The UC System thru the State Of California Attorney General had to take USC to Court to stop this take over effort. Many member of the Board Of Trustees are affiliated with medical research and development, connect the dots? USC is too involved with foreign entities. If we were to go to war with China, remember USC is heavily invested overseas and especially China? There is a lot of foreign participation on the Board Of Trustees at USC. This is great for an organization focused on profit first and education afterwards?

You DO know where SC is in LA right? It's in South Central. If they want to expand, they are going to pretty much have to do what you say they did. SC is a very good school. It's a private school that has a LOT of wealthy alumni and therefore a lot of money.

coachnorm
06-20-2019, 04:00 PM
You DO know where SC is in LA right? It's in South Central. If they want to expand, they are going to pretty much have to do what you say they did. SC is a very good school. It's a private school that has a LOT of wealthy alumni and therefore a lot of money.

What you say is correct and on point. The reason why I have posted, in this thread, is to give fellow Elite Doggers a feel for the real USC. The situation is so different in Los Angeles thus sometimes some internet communication can help folks get a handle from afar. As of now, I am flying in for the LSU game. Maybe I can buy you a beer and tell you some more USC and then we can toast Liverpool FC, if you are in Starkville. You'll Never Walk Alone".