elitedawgs
10-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Poll coming

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Never ever ever

bgover4
10-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Love the EB on Thursday, I don't mind 1 other Thursday game a year, I can't make the games anyways and at least it guarantees us some prime time. We better just win!

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Todd does a good job of listing the many cons of Thursday games, so I wish he would chime in.

Hard for fans to make it with work the next day
High school recruits usually can't go to game because of school and game the next day
JUCO guys play on Thursday nights
No tailgating on game day

Just several reasons I hate it. And then the thanksgiving game keeps many from being able to go. I just don't like it, but I know some do. Just my opinion.

slickdawg
10-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Never ever ever

EVER.

engie
10-24-2013, 08:47 PM
NEVER.

But there should be a fifth option. I'm PERFECTLY happy with playing on Thursdays when we are on the road...

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
With the TV deal the conference has, do we even have a choice if pegged for the Thursday game? If we can and were to say no, I can see the SEC telling us to shove it and forcing the time slot anyway.

engie
10-24-2013, 09:33 PM
With the TV deal the conference has, do we even have a choice if pegged for the Thursday game? If we can and were to say no, I can see the SEC telling us to shove it and forcing the time slot anyway.

Feel free to point me to the last time OM played a Thursday night game at home...

In other words, I'm not buying it...

drunkernhelldawg
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Feel free to point me to the last time OM played a Thursday night game at home...

In other words, I'm not buying it...

Exactly right.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Todd does a good job of listing the many cons of Thursday games, so I wish he would chime in.

Hard for fans to make it with work the next day
High school recruits usually can't go to game because of school and game the next day
JUCO guys play on Thursday nights
No tailgating on game day

Just several reasons I hate it. And then the thanksgiving game keeps many from being able to go. I just don't like it, but I know some do. Just my opinion.

Actually, I think you nailed it pretty well. Back in 1992-1999- it made sense for us to play on Thursday because back then all games weren't on TV. Now it's rare that someone's spring game ISN'T on TV.

Not only that- we're competing with a NFL game and the World Series.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 10:13 PM

MSU, Vanderbilt and South Carolina are the ONLY teams that get to play on Thursday. The only time the big boys are on Thursday are when they play us.

Personally, I think we ask to do it because Jackie got this stupid idea that we play better on Thursday- which we don't we have a losing record. I just don't buy that the SEC hates us so much that they force us to play on Thursdays? Why? There's no logical reason for it.