PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Vandy Whistler told to shut it!

BrunswickDawg
06-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Breaking News: Vandy Whistler told to shut it!

deadheaddawg
06-18-2019, 12:44 PM
I just stood up and clapped in the middle of work

msu15
06-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Awesome!

Choctaw Dawg
06-18-2019, 12:52 PM
Omaha and ESPN are having enough of it, I want to see that doofus get thrown out tonight.

DownwardDawg
06-18-2019, 12:55 PM
I read the article. Nothing has changed. NCAA, ESPN, nobody admits to telling him anything. It ain’t even the dude from the SEC tournament that they’re talking about. He’s not even in Omaha.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2019, 01:05 PM
whistle whistle whistle

StarkVegasSteve
06-18-2019, 01:05 PM
The fans that protect him are just as bad as he is. If they'd stop supporting it, then we could put an end to this annoyance for good. He is an eyesore for all of a college baseball.

The Federalist Engineer
06-18-2019, 01:11 PM
"He was definitely an official employee of TD Ameritrade Park. He had an earpiece in, a walkie-talkie and a badge around his neck"

If the authorities can't stop him, maybe some guy decided to psyche him out with an "official look".

Pulled an Axle Foley

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/content.propstore.com/auction/la2016/listings/lot54/img06.jpg

Tonight, Axle should fake arrest him and put him in a closet for 3 hours and shred his tickets.

smootness
06-18-2019, 01:12 PM
It says someone from TD Ameritrade shut him down in their last game because people were calling and complaining.

He says he's going to keep doing it, which means we should all constantly call and complain until they shut him up again.

MadDawg
06-18-2019, 01:12 PM
I read the article. Nothing has changed. NCAA, ESPN, nobody admits to telling him anything. It ain?t even the dude from the SEC tournament that they?re talking about. He?s not even in Omaha.

So you are saying everyone is just making everything up. lol ok

MetEdDawg
06-18-2019, 01:17 PM
It says someone from TD Ameritrade shut him down in their last game because people were calling and complaining.

He says he's going to keep doing it, which means we should all constantly call and complain until they shut him up again.

Just make sure you are smart about it when you call. "Hey I'm one of the Michigan fans who made the trip down to Omaha and have a complaint to file..."

DownwardDawg
06-18-2019, 01:17 PM
So you are saying everyone is just making everything up. lol ok

No man. Not sure how you got that out of my post. Just read the article. “someone” told him to stop. Not NCAA, apparently not ESPN this time. And the ballpark hasn’t confirmed it. I’m just saying it sounds like an employee told him something but I don’t think that will carry much weight. That’s all I’m saying.

BrunswickDawg
06-18-2019, 01:19 PM
"He was definitely an official employee of TD Ameritrade Park. He had an earpiece in, a walkie-talkie and a badge around his neck"

If the authorities can't stop him, maybe some guy decided to psyche him out with an "official look".

Pulled an Axle Foley

Tonight, Axle should fake arrest him and put him in a closet for 3 hours and shred his tickets.

Maybe we should put a banana in his tail pipe?

https://media.giphy.com/media/11VC5rj2QFZQ8o/giphy.gif

Pollodawg
06-18-2019, 01:19 PM
He finally annoyed the wrong people. Likely, ESPN got tired of him fricking yo their broadcast.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2019, 01:28 PM
It was in the Omaha paper this morning saying he was warned twice and told he would be removed the next time.

parabrave
06-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Maybe we should put a banana in his tail pipe?

https://media.giphy.com/media/11VC5rj2QFZQ8o/giphy.gif

Or pour some alum in his drink

smootness
06-18-2019, 01:29 PM
No man. Not sure how you got that out of my post. Just read the article. “someone” told him to stop. Not NCAA, apparently not ESPN this time. And the ballpark hasn’t confirmed it. I’m just saying it sounds like an employee told him something but I don’t think that will carry much weight. That’s all I’m saying.

Actually, that should carry plenty of weight. If the ballpark tells him to stop or they'll throw him out, he has to stop.

DownwardDawg
06-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Actually, that should carry plenty of weight. If the ballpark tells him to stop or they'll throw him out, he has to stop.

I sure hope so. I really hope they have to stop!!!

I didn?t mean to come across wrong. Sorry if it sounded that way.

yjnkdawg
06-18-2019, 01:48 PM
I read the article. Nothing has changed. NCAA, ESPN, nobody admits to telling him anything. It ain’t even the dude from the SEC tournament that they’re talking about. He’s not even in Omaha.

The one that is at Omaha is Preacher Franklin, whose whistling is more annoying than Pack ( the other whistler who was at the SEC Tourney), because his shrill whistling is pretty much non-stop. His soul mate, Pack is supposed to join him later on in the week.

yjnkdawg
06-18-2019, 01:56 PM
He finally annoyed the wrong people. Likely, ESPN got tired of him fricking yo their broadcast.

They have screwed up ESPN's broadcasts for over several years when Vandy was playing. but ESPN couldn't do anything about it. As I posted during the SEC tourney, Corbin is in favor of the whistling. Hopefully things have changed, and somebody now has the authority to eliminate this obnoxious crap.

smootness
06-18-2019, 02:03 PM
They have screwed up ESPN's broadcasts for over several years when Vandy was playing. but ESPN couldn't do anything about it. As I posted during the SEC tourney, Corbin is in favor of the whistling. Hopefully things have changed, and somebody now has the authority to eliminate this obnoxious crap.

The ballpark can do what they want. The reason it doesn't stop on ESPN is because those games are at Vandy.

Dawg61
06-18-2019, 02:04 PM
I don't buy that ESPN and TD Ameritrade can't boot them out the park for being a constant supreme annoyance.

RocketDawg
06-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Omaha and ESPN are having enough of it, I want to see that doofus get thrown out tonight.

If for no other reason, hopefully the game won't be rained out tonight. He seemed pretty belligerent to the security guy at the the SEC Tournament when he was in the wrong seats. They might have to call someone in with some real authority if he refuses to leave. That would be cool to see.

Edit: Looks like the whistler at the SEC Tournament isn't the one that's there tonight. He'll be there later in the week.

Bothrops
06-18-2019, 02:57 PM
Breaking News: Vandy Whistler told to shut it!

Those are two odd looking dudes.

RougeDawg
06-18-2019, 03:06 PM
How anyone could defend the whistling is mind boggling. You would think the Vandy players would be annoyed too. I hope there is some substance to this because the whistling makes games difficult to listen to.

Jack Lambert
06-18-2019, 03:07 PM
I tell you what is just as bad is those damn Vandy fans clapping twice every time he whistles.

yjnkdawg
06-18-2019, 03:33 PM
I tell you what is just as bad is those damn Vandy fans clapping twice every time he whistles.

That's Pack (the other whistler) who does that. Preacher Franklin whistles often and for no reason. He seems to upset people more than Pack does. However to clarify, both are obnoxious look at Me Me types.

yjnkdawg
06-18-2019, 03:37 PM
The ballpark can do what they want. The reason it doesn't stop on ESPN is because those games are at Vandy.

It didn't stop on the ESPN broadcasts at the SEC Tournament. Pack was just moved further from the ESPN mikes, by stadium security, because he was sitting in a seat that he hadn't paid for.

notsofarawaydawg
06-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Coach Bianco approves of this message !! Says he can't hear the broadcast while watching it on TV in Oxford. ***

smootness
06-18-2019, 04:10 PM
It didn't stop on the ESPN broadcasts at the SEC Tournament. Pack was just moved further from the ESPN mikes, by stadium security, because he was sitting in a seat that he hadn't paid for.

Because the ballpark didn't stop it.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Because the ballpark didn't stop it.

They should relocate him to the GA seats, they'll stop this shit.

The Federalist Engineer
06-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Engineered solution from the 1960's. This way, the whistlers can whistle all-day long and clap all day long. To each other.

https://media.giphy.com/media/4LSy2e2nHnqFi/giphy.gif

Homedawg
06-18-2019, 05:48 PM
They should relocate him to the GA seats, they'll stop this shit.

Why would be ok there and not in the grandstand? Either it's ok or it isn't. Or are you saying the GA peeps would kick his ass ?

msbulldog
06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
If for no other reason, hopefully the game won't be rained out tonight. He seemed pretty belligerent to the security guy at the the SEC Tournament when he was in the wrong seats. They might have to call someone in with some real authority if he refuses to leave. That would be cool to see.

Edit: Looks like the whistler at the SEC Tournament isn't the one that's there tonight. He'll be there later in the week.

Yep same one Rocket, they call him preacher.

msbulldog
06-18-2019, 05:53 PM
Found this in another story. "Franklin said he received a threatening text message from an unnamed Ole Miss fan during the SEC Tournament. His cell number, which is used for his personal business, was listed online. He suspects the fan got it from there."

msbulldog
06-18-2019, 06:03 PM
That's Pack (the other whistler) who does that. Preacher Franklin whistles often and for no reason. He seems to upset people more than Pack does. However to clarify, both are obnoxious look at Me Me types.

Preacher Franklin is the original whistler and the most obnoxious one, 3 quick whistles often. He's the one that tangled with a woman at DNF a couple of years ago. He threatened to sue her.

Goldendawg
06-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Listened "Head to Head" or whatever it's called on the way home from work. Of course Richard Cross had to try to say our cowbells are just as annoying. Hadad tried to explain how there was a big difference, ( tradition, most of the fan base in a regulated manner, mainly football, and no louder than noise at bama, LSU, TN, etc). The trees in the grove will all die due to global warming before Cross would agree. Hadad also pointed out that this was two individuals wanting to draw attention to themselves in a baseball game.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2019, 07:02 PM
Why would be ok there and not in the grandstand? Either it's ok or it isn't. Or are you saying the GA peeps would kick his ass ?

Probably not physically assault him, but I could see a good drink drenching.

Todd4State
06-18-2019, 07:22 PM

I don't buy that ESPN and TD Ameritrade can't boot them out the park for being a constant supreme annoyance.

Like I have said in other threads before if people complained about it the stadium can kick him out. It's no different than someone using really foul language directed at the umpires in front of kids or something like that for several innings in a row or anything else that is rude and annoying. If someone is doing something that takes away from someone's enjoyment of watching the game they can be asked to stop and if they don't stop they can be made to leave.

Preacher Franklin is the original whistler and the most obnoxious one, 3 quick whistles often. He's the one that tangled with a woman at DNF a couple of years ago. He threatened to sue her.

I've heard stories of him getting into fights with some elderly MSU fans in Nashville as well. And then did the same thing- threatened to sue the guy. I've also heard multiple stories of him doing similar things with fans of other schools too.

Mjoelner34
06-18-2019, 08:07 PM
I thought about dressing up in Ole Miss gear and going to Omaha to kick his ass but the Ole Miss gear in Omaha would give it away.

Todd4State
06-18-2019, 08:31 PM
I thought about dressing up in Ole Miss gear and going to Omaha to kick his ass but the Ole Miss gear in Omaha would give it away.

As would the stare that could cut through steel.

parabrave
06-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Engineered solution from the 1960's. This way, the whistlers can whistle all-day long and clap all day long. To each other.

https://media.giphy.com/media/4LSy2e2nHnqFi/giphy.gif

Rep given

RougeDawg
06-18-2019, 11:12 PM

Just wear a white undershirt with antiperspirant. The yellow pit stains will be OM enough not to be labeled a State fan.