PDA

View Full Version : They need to teach those Michigan boys

Dawgology
06-17-2019, 07:37 PM
How to slide. Ouch! Dude slid into 3rd on his face.

RocketDawg
06-17-2019, 08:06 PM
It's a wonder he wasn't hurt more than a slight cut.

Goldendawg
06-17-2019, 08:18 PM
That was worse than some belly busters I've seen good 'ole southern boys hit when trying to dive off their 1st diving boards back in the day. Hail State!

Dawgology
06-17-2019, 08:21 PM
I wonder if something is up with that patch of ground. Next runner did the same thing in that same spot just not as bad. Looks like their hands are jamming in something there and forcing their heads forward. Or maybe just bad technique. I don’t know.

NCDawg
06-17-2019, 08:26 PM
That left-handed pitcher for Michigan is pretty good.

chef dixon
06-17-2019, 08:51 PM
I would love nothing more than to play Michigan in the finals

msstate7
06-17-2019, 09:03 PM

I'd love to play anyone in the finals. Michigan pitching appears to be the real deal though

BiscuitEater
06-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Michigan wins, drivers seat on their side!

Lord McBuckethead
06-17-2019, 09:18 PM
Very impressive complete game shutout. FSU never even threatened. Dude pitched to easy weak contact.

IMissJack
06-17-2019, 09:55 PM
I'd love to play anyone in the finals. Michigan pitching appears to be the real deal though

They remind me a lot of UCLA '13, I don't want to play them.

Cooterpoot
06-17-2019, 10:00 PM
That scorpion slide is a killer

Cooterpoot
06-17-2019, 10:01 PM
They remind me a lot of UCLA '13, I don't want to play them.

Not close. They don?t have a pen behind their starters. They don?t hit it or field it that well either. That UCLA team was loaded with depth.

CadaverDawg
06-17-2019, 10:52 PM
Michigan has good pitching, but so does FSU. Parrish and Van Eyke are no slouches

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 11:32 PM
Not close. They don?t have a pen behind their starters. They don?t hit it or field it that well either. That UCLA team was loaded with depth.

We pissed that away with our approach.

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 11:32 PM
Michigan needs to review the chapter in Ron Polk's book on how to slide into a base.

Dawg61
06-18-2019, 12:21 AM

This and every single poster on this board would say please give us Michigan at any point in the season till today so let's not start acting like they aren't still Michigan and somehow have morphed into Oregon State. Facing Michigan best two of three to win a natty is the absolute dream scenario for us.

Marvin
06-18-2019, 05:42 AM
This and every single poster on this board would say please give us Michigan at any point in the season till today so let's not start acting like they aren't still Michigan and somehow have morphed into Oregon State. Facing Michigan best two of three to win a natty is the absolute dream scenario for us.

This is the only correct answer. All of America would be rooting for Mike Martin, I don?t want that storyline. College Baseball Inc knows the example we provide as a fanbase and would love for us to win one especially over a northern school.

msbulldog
06-18-2019, 06:21 AM
The solution for that slide is found in the drag co-efficient of a play chart belt buckle.

StateDawg44
06-18-2019, 07:12 AM
The solution for that slide is found in the drag co-efficient of a play chart belt buckle.

I mean I get what you are saying but his hands clearly planted. The belt buckle thing may have tipped him just a tad bit more onto his face but his hands were the culprit. He was going to eat dirt with or without a card belt buckle thing.

msbulldog
06-18-2019, 07:30 AM
I mean I get what you are saying but his hands clearly planted. The belt buckle thing may have tipped him just a tad bit more onto his face but his hands were the culprit. He was going to eat dirt with or without a card belt buckle thing.

That was said tongue in cheek.

smootness
06-18-2019, 07:47 AM

I would like our chances, but there are no easy opponents at this point. Michigan is now 48-20 and has fantastic starting pitching. While I would probably still choose to play them if I had the choice, it's not like we're definitely just going to steamroll them.

One of Oregon State's titles came as a 3 seed.

StarkVegasSteve
06-18-2019, 08:06 AM
This is the only correct answer. All of America would be rooting for Mike Martin, I don?t want that storyline. College Baseball Inc knows the example we provide as a fanbase and would love for us to win one especially over a northern school.

All of America might be rooting for Mike Martin, but there would be 30,000 Dawgs somewhere in middle America rooting for a different team.

KentuckyDawg13
06-18-2019, 09:11 AM
Video: https://twitter.com/AndyCampbell16/status/1140780355559055361

Dawg61
06-18-2019, 11:15 AM
I would like our chances, but there are no easy opponents at this point. Michigan is now 48-20 and has fantastic starting pitching. While I would probably still choose to play them if I had the choice, it's not like we're definitely just going to steamroll them.

One of Oregon State's titles came as a 3 seed.

I'm not disrespecting Michigan but getting to face them to win a natty is like getting to face UConn to win a natty in football. If you could hand pick who your opponent in the national title series would be at the beginning of the season Michigan would get hand picked way before Arkansas, Florida State or Texas Tech would get picked.

drunkernhelldawg
06-18-2019, 11:30 AM
I thought he was demonstrating how I would do it. Like when Tiger hits it in the water; it's just that he's playing one like me.

Scared_Hitless
06-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Gotta get by Vandy first, but I like our chances in a Champ Series with Michigan. Very similar squad to Georgia elite level starting pitching we could break them with our lineup.

smootness
06-18-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm not disrespecting Michigan but getting to face them to win a natty is like getting to face UConn to win a natty in football. If you could hand pick who your opponent in the national title series would be at the beginning of the season Michigan would get hand picked way before Arkansas, Florida State or Texas Tech would get picked.

Of course. But you can't compare to football. The gap between a team like us and a team like Michigan in baseball is nowhere near as big as the gap between a national title contender and a UConn in football. And the fact that it's baseball means anything can happen. I'm not saying I wouldn't pick Michigan over Arkansas, Vandy, and maybe a couple others to play. But they are a better team than people thought and are playing extremely well. We would be favored but it wouldn't be a cake walk at all.

Dawg61
06-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Of course. But you can't compare to football. The gap between a team like us and a team like Michigan in baseball is nowhere near as big as the gap between a national title contender and a UConn in football. And the fact that it's baseball means anything can happen. I'm not saying I wouldn't pick Michigan over Arkansas, Vandy, and maybe a couple others to play. But they are a better team than people thought and are playing extremely well. We would be favored but it wouldn't be a cake walk at all.

Sure you can compare to football because what I am comparing is the perception of the programs. Michigan baseball is on par with UCONN football perception wise. and if UCONN football ever ran the table and put themselves in the natty game they'd be every bit as good as Michigan baseball is right now too. You, me and everyone else have never been concerned about Michigan baseball ever. Not one single person in the world was saying "oh look Michigan is probably gonna make it outta the Oregon State regional and then beat UCLA to make it to Omaha. I hope they get knocked off before we'd have to face them in the natty series." We'd all be licking our chops if you told us we'd get to face Michigan to win a natty in baseball. All I'm asking is to be honest about that now that it is very much a real possibility they are the team making it out of that side.

I will say this though about baseball. It does produce more cinderellas that win national championships than the other two big sports. Fresno State won one and so did Coastal Carolina and this Michigan team could very well be this year's cinderella but I'd still rather face cinderella in a three game series than face Florida State or Texas Tech. I especially don't want to face Florida State. They have some redemption built up against us knocking them off last year and it's their coaches last chance to get that elusive natty despite being to Omaha 18 times or whatever it is.

smootness
06-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Ok, so it sounds like your point is that we would all have taken at matchup with Michigan for the national title before the year, before the tournament, or even before the CWS. And yes, of course I agree with that.

My point is, while we may have gladly taken it, and still would, it would by no means be an easy matchup. That's all I'm saying.

Michigan is a better team than Florida State.

NCDawg
06-18-2019, 12:50 PM
Michigan took down UCLA, the chosen no. 1 team in the nation, at their place. Michigan is a very good baseball team.

Dawg61
06-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Michigan took down UCLA, the chosen no. 1 team in the nation, at their place. Michigan is a very good baseball team.

Yup they are and I'd still rather face them than FSU or TTech but it doesn't matter till we get there anyways and our toughest opponent left is the one we face tonight.

smootness
06-18-2019, 01:13 PM
Yup they are and I'd still rather face them than FSU or TTech but it doesn't matter till we get there anyways and our toughest opponent left is the one we face tonight.

I would definitely rather face FSU at this point, and I honestly might even pick TT to face over them. I know that sounds insane, but they are really good. I would like our chances no matter what, though.

drunkernhelldawg
06-18-2019, 01:18 PM
It's going to be tough no matter who. But I do want Michigan. I'd go Florida State except for the Mike Martin retirement. That's a lot of emotion to deal with, not to mention how it would dominate the tv commentary during the series. If we get to the series, I want a lot of talk about us and the ball game on the field.

Lord McBuckethead
06-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Sure you can compare to football because what I am comparing is the perception of the programs. Michigan baseball is on par with UCONN football perception wise. and if UCONN football ever ran the table and put themselves in the natty game they'd be every bit as good as Michigan baseball is right now too. You, me and everyone else have never been concerned about Michigan baseball ever. Not one single person in the world was saying "oh look Michigan is probably gonna make it outta the Oregon State regional and then beat UCLA to make it to Omaha. I hope they get knocked off before we'd have to face them in the natty series." We'd all be licking our chops if you told us we'd get to face Michigan to win a natty in baseball. All I'm asking is to be honest about that now that it is very much a real possibility they are the team making it out of that side.

I will say this though about baseball. It does produce more cinderellas that win national championships than the other two big sports. Fresno State won one and so did Coastal Carolina and this Michigan team could very well be this year's cinderella but I'd still rather face cinderella in a three game series than face Florida State or Texas Tech. I especially don't want to face Florida State. They have some redemption built up against us knocking them off last year and it's their coaches last chance to get that elusive natty despite being to Omaha 18 times or whatever it is.

Yeah, perception doesn't help with shit in baseball.

Dawg61
06-18-2019, 08:31 PM
Yeah, perception doesn't help with shit in baseball.

Huh? I'm talking about picking who your opponent would be to win a natty before Omaha based on perception. If I asked you would you rather play Duke in the basketball national championship or Colorado I am gonna guess you'd pick Colorado. Michigan baseball is kinda like Colorado basketball. Perception wise.

smootness
06-19-2019, 07:43 AM
Huh? I'm talking about picking who your opponent would be to win a natty before Omaha based on perception. If I asked you would you rather play Duke in the basketball national championship or Colorado I am gonna guess you'd pick Colorado. Michigan baseball is kinda like Colorado basketball. Perception wise.

I just don't know why it's important to state that. What does that matter?