PDA

View Full Version : 80% chance of rain/thunderstorms tomorrow in Omaha

PMDawg
06-17-2019, 01:27 PM
How do they typically do that, stack up games on Wednesday, or start pushing games back?

Lord McBuckethead
06-17-2019, 05:19 PM
No idea, but I do not want to wait.

ShotgunDawg
06-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Not sure I want Rocker having another day of rest.

Rick Danko
06-17-2019, 05:55 PM
After the rush of last night, I?m severely upset we are off today... please don?t make me have to wait another day

RougeDawg
06-17-2019, 06:47 PM
The few times I?ve been to Omaha they try to get the games in on the scheduled day. Not sure what time cutoff is, but one game the last year at Rosenblatt we sat there for a few hours during the night game and I think they called it. Played the next day early. Everyone was allowed back in. Hopefully they either postpone start time or know they can finish the game if allowed to start. Would hate to waste a starter on a delayed game.

GreenheadDawg
06-17-2019, 07:38 PM
No idea, but I do not want to wait.

I don’t either because we are leaving Omaha on Wednesday. We already missed the game last night due to flight cancellation. I’m going to be devastated if I come all the way up here and never even get to see us play.

Homedawg
06-18-2019, 08:10 AM
I don’t either because we are leaving Omaha on Wednesday. We already missed the game last night due to flight cancellation. I’m going to be devastated if I come all the way up here and never even get to see us play.

Man that would be awful. It doesn't look good for ya. But sure hope you get to see one.

starkvegasdawg
06-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Hi res models showing rain window from 1:00pm-9:00pm. Pretty much worst case scenario. Hope it's late arriving and they can get the early game in and then we play late after it moves out if it can ease on it's way a little early. If that first one gets a substantial delay then we may well get postponed.

Homedawg
06-18-2019, 11:32 AM
I'm no weatherman but they might get and inning or two in but that's about it.

StateDawg44
06-18-2019, 11:38 AM
So is it more of a problem or some what of an advantage for us if Plum and Rocker both get cut short due to weather but unable to return if we continue later tonight after a delay? I have full confidence in Plum and would hate to see him wasted with only a few innings thrown. Kumar is good for sure but I think we can hit him. I'm just not knowledgeable enough about pitching and how taking a long delay works as far as them cooling down and being able to return after a long delay same day.

Obviously we may have to get into our bullpen a little more than we would like if they continue it tonight after a delay but what do they have behind Rocker? What is usually the point of no return for pitchers with a possibility of a weather delay early in a game if the game is continued after an hour or two delay? Would both pitchers be able to return tomorrow morning if only pitch counts are below 40 a piece after 2-3 innings?

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2019, 11:47 AM
So is it more of a problem or some what of an advantage for us if Plum and Rocker both get cut short due to weather but unable to return if we continue later tonight after a delay? I have full confidence in Plum and would hate to see him wasted with only a few innings thrown. Kumar is good for sure but I think we can hit him. I'm just not knowledgeable enough about pitching and how taking a long delay works as far as them cooling down and being able to return after a long delay same day.

Obviously we may have to get into our bullpen a little more than we would like if they continue it tonight after a delay but what do they have behind Rocker? What is usually the point of no return for pitchers with a possibility of a weather delay early in a game if the game is continued after an hour or two delay? Would both pitchers be able to return tomorrow morning if only pitch counts are below 40 a piece after 2-3 innings?

I think it would be a disadvantage for us. Due to Vandy's scholarship situation, their depth is better.

GreenheadDawg
06-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Well my 1st Omaha experience is turning to be shit. May not see us play a single freaking game.

Homedawg
06-18-2019, 11:51 AM
They have more quality depth than we do. Advantage vandy for sure.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2019, 12:04 PM
The disadvantage comes to the losing team if this thing gets pushed to tomorrow am. No day Off at all.

StateDawg44
06-18-2019, 12:08 PM
The disadvantage comes to the losing team if this thing gets pushed to tomorrow am. No day Off at all.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Whoever wins will have a huge advantage.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2019, 12:11 PM
It becomes a big advantage for the winner Louisville aub as the loser of our game won't get a day to rest the pen they had to use tomorrow am. Becomes an even bigger must win for us.

smootness
06-18-2019, 12:26 PM
They have more quality depth than we do. Advantage vandy for sure.

I actually disagree with this. Vandy has basically 8 pitchers of quality; they have a few more who have thrown 13+ innings, but they all have awful ERAs. We have about 10, and that doesn't include guys like Price and Spring who haven't pitched in a while but should be available and have pitched well when given a chance.

What Vandy does have is one extra guy who can be depended on to go deep. We have Small, Plumlee, and Ginn, and Ginn is a bit of a question mark. They have Fellows, Rocker, Hickman, and Raby. Vandy has another few guys who have pitched often and well, but after that they don't have much. We have Gordon, White, Smith, Liebelt, Eagan, Self (he looked great last game), Barlow (useful in the right situations), and even Keegan James.

Dental Dawg33
06-18-2019, 01:20 PM

I really hope that doesn’t happen to you. We went last year and caught the Washington win. Had tickets behind home plate for UNC game and it ended up getting moved to the next day so missed it. Had to give those bad A tickets away.

GreenheadDawg
06-18-2019, 01:31 PM
I really hope that doesn’t happen to you. We went last year and caught the Washington win. Had tickets behind home plate for UNC game and it ended up getting moved to the next day so missed it. Had to give those bad A tickets away.

Yeah I’m praying that’s it’s just rain and no lightning. I can always hope.

ScoobaDawg
06-18-2019, 02:10 PM
Yeah I’m praying that’s it’s just rain and no lightning. I can always hope.

Lightning is staying in the storms to the south right now. rain shouldnt be too heavy for a while

GreenheadDawg
06-18-2019, 03:18 PM
Well they just called a delay. It was barely raining. I’m assuming they are protecting the field. We are headed back to the hotel. But if they delay over this, it’s not looking good for our game I assume.

deadheaddawg
06-18-2019, 03:31 PM
our game has been postponed until tomorrow. Auburn vs UL will not resume until at least 8 tonigh

https://twitter.com/NCAACWS/status/1141080135766089729

GreenheadDawg
06-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Yep they just announced that we won’t play until tomorrow. Time TBA