PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Fans in Omaha

justwin
06-17-2019, 07:12 AM
To our fans who are in Omaha, can you please elaborate on your experience thus far? Yeah, I know it's great to win like we did, but more interested in general candid impressions on the field & logistics.

We hear so much in advance on logistics on getting there, but would like to get a sense of how much tickets, rooms, travel costs actually cost? Tickets seem around ~$150 / ticket in advance for grandstand, but saw many vacancies in grandstands. How hard was it to book a room? Not that price matters, but, in my mind, was thinking ~$3K between good seats in the grandstands, flights, hotel, etc. I wonder what the hell you do when MSU isn't playing. Do you just go to all of the games or bite the bullet and go kill time @ local attractions like a zoo or something?

I live far away and have for years now. I went to the new Dude this year and had an amazing experience for a few games and remember thinking that Omaha couldn't compare. Then, few weeks later, someone who had been to both the new Dudy & Omaha said to me that Omaha would be a disappointment after going to the new DNF so I guess that's what I'm trying to get an understanding of and gauge against. I may try to go to championship series if we make it that far.

All that to be said, I have a very low opinion of TD Ameritrade. I think it's ridiculous that an entire sport reveres "OMAHA" and everything builds to that and then the actual field completely nullifies the experience b/c the park is too big and teams that hit HRs usually are sent home early. The year that we lost to UCLA, we should've hit ~3 HRs / game and been national champs. It's like they changed the balls / bats since then, but have not brought in the fences too as the field seems like a hole in the ground.

Thanks

EdDawg
06-17-2019, 07:28 AM
This is our first trip to Omaha and here are a few things I've noticed so far.

-Omaha seems like a pretty cool city but haven't spent much time in it yet (just got here before the game yesterday)

-Parking was $10. Lots of Parking available within a couple blocks of the stadium and that was an hour before our game started.

-Tickets, we paid $40 for chairbacks through the PrimeSport app. If you are getting tickets in groups of 4 or less I would recommend this.

-Hotel, we are staying in Lincoln which is about 50 minutes away. This is interstate all the way to Omaha and not too bad of a drive. Our hotel is booked solid though. We paid around $100/night.

-Travel, I hope you find corn exciting. My family is farmers, but I've never seen so much corn in my life. From Joplin, Mo to Omaha, with the exclusion of KC, nothing but miles and miles of corn.

Jarius
06-17-2019, 07:36 AM
To our fans who are in Omaha, can you please elaborate on your experience thus far? Yeah, I know it's great to win like we did, but more interested in general candid impressions on the field & logistics.

We hear so much in advance on logistics on getting there, but would like to get a sense of how much tickets, rooms, travel costs actually cost? Tickets seem around ~$150 / ticket in advance for grandstand, but saw many vacancies in grandstands. How hard was it to book a room? Not that price matters, but, in my mind, was thinking ~$3K between good seats in the grandstands, flights, hotel, etc. I wonder what the hell you do when MSU isn't playing. Do you just go to all of the games or bite the bullet and go kill time @ local attractions like a zoo or something?

I live far away and have for years now. I went to the new Dude this year and had an amazing experience for a few games and remember thinking that Omaha couldn't compare. Then, few weeks later, someone who had been to both the new Dudy & Omaha said to me that Omaha would be a disappointment after going to the new DNF so I guess that's what I'm trying to get an understanding of and gauge against. I may try to go to championship series if we make it that far.

All that to be said, I have a very low opinion of TD Ameritrade. I think it's ridiculous that an entire sport reveres "OMAHA" and everything builds to that and then the actual field completely nullifies the experience b/c the park is too big and teams that hit HRs usually are sent home early. The year that we lost to UCLA, we should've hit ~3 HRs / game and been national champs. It's like they changed the balls / bats since then, but have not brought in the fences too as the field seems like a hole in the ground.

Thanks

If you only go for the championship series you are not going to have a problem booking a hotel. The more teams that go home the more rooms open up and the cheaper the prices get. I stayed 5 minutes from TDA in 2013 and paid about 100 bucks a night when we played UCLA.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-17-2019, 11:15 AM
If you are flying, I suggest going to Des Moines.

Big4Dawg
06-17-2019, 11:28 AM
This is our first trip to Omaha and here are a few things I've noticed so far.

-Omaha seems like a pretty cool city but haven't spent much time in it yet (just got here before the game yesterday)

-Parking was $10. Lots of Parking available within a couple blocks of the stadium and that was an hour before our game started.

-Tickets, we paid $40 for chairbacks through the PrimeSport app. If you are getting tickets in groups of 4 or less I would recommend this.

-Hotel, we are staying in Lincoln which is about 50 minutes away. This is interstate all the way to Omaha and not too bad of a drive. Our hotel is booked solid though. We paid around $100/night.

-Travel, I hope you find corn exciting. My family is farmers, but I've never seen so much corn in my life. From Joplin, Mo to Omaha, with the exclusion of KC, nothing but miles and miles of corn.

I just checked tickets for tomorrows games and it looks like they are $65. Damn

HereComesTheSpiral
06-17-2019, 12:28 PM
I just checked tickets for tomorrows games and it looks like they are $65. Damn

They start dropping closer to game time.