PDA

View Full Version : i am going to say this one last time.............quit making idiots out of yourselves

99jc
06-17-2019, 06:48 AM
on these message board threads during games. I told you were going to win this bitch. Vandy has to beat us twice not the other way around. Its our destiny this season. HAIL STATE!

Dawg61
06-17-2019, 07:02 AM
https://i.imgur.com/C87xx6T.jpg?fb

BulldogBear
06-17-2019, 08:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/C87xx6T.jpg?fb
Bwahahahahahah

Dawgology
06-17-2019, 08:54 AM
on these message board threads during games. I told you were going to win this bitch. Vandy has to beat us twice not the other way around. Its our destiny this season. HAIL STATE!

that so many of you never waivered even when we were down 4-1 at the bottom of the 9th.*** herp derp

This is the one type of post that really turns me off to message boards. It never fails that a handful get on here after a come from behind or close win and shit on the folks who were upset during the game because State was losing. Literally chastising a FAN for being upset their team is losing.

Anyone saying they still believed we would win going into the 9th is full of shit. Even Mangum said he started believed AFTER Tanner was walked.

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 09:18 AM
The game threads are absolutely worthless. I like to stop by this message board durning games for discussion about what has happened and what we should do. You know. Talk sports.

Unfortunately during the games we only have one thread going. And it's literally like watching a game with a bunch of very emotional Jr high girls

It's absurd. Any actual discussion is drown out by people giving up after the 3rd inning.

And to the university of Memphis fan above me that is saying shit about the 9th inning....just shut up. You know damn well that's not what goes on. You know damn well it's not about the 9th inning

Last night we were down 3-0 with 5 inning left and people had already decided the season was over.

Just completely unreadable threads Durning the game. Our fans are a bunch of quitters and little girls

msu15
06-17-2019, 09:19 AM
that so many of you never waivered even when we were down 4-1 at the bottom of the 9th.*** herp derp

This is the one type of post that really turns me off to message boards. It never fails that a handful get on here after a come from behind or close win and shit on the folks who were upset during the game because State was losing. Literally chastising a FAN for being upset their team is losing.

Anyone saying they still believed we would win going into the 9th is full of shit. Even Mangum said he started believed AFTER Tanner was walked.

Swing and a miss

drunkernhelldawg
06-17-2019, 09:24 AM

Yep. But this team has been clutch all season. 28 come from behind wins is not all luck. It's heart and character. It's special.

KOdawg1
06-17-2019, 09:27 AM
My thing is, idk why it bothers people so much. If someone wants to make a fool of themselves and act stupid, then let them. Or just ignore them.

While it's ridiculous people gave up on the team last night, what's more ridiculous is the fact that there has been more discussion about THAT than the actual game.

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 09:28 AM
It has nothing to do with the 9th inning. The Jr high girl university of Memphis fan knows that.

What gets me is the people most vocal about bashing players and coaches are the ones that can't take criticism themselves.

It's funny in a bless your heart way. If you are not emotionally stable enough to watch a sports game without melting, then put on your big girl panties and take your medicine when the games over.

This "I'm turn off message boards" be is absurd. And there has not been more discussion about this. That's another cop-out.

And it's good to bring it up. Because, again this place is unreadable during games. Hopefully threads like this will make it better.

drunkernhelldawg
06-17-2019, 09:33 AM
My thing is, idk why it bothers people so much. If someone wants to make a fool of themselves and act stupid, then let them. Or just ignore them.

While it's ridiculous people gave up on the team last night, what's more ridiculous is the fact that there has been more discussion about THAT than the actual game.

Exactly. We spend out whole lives watching people make fools of themselves. Enjoy the show. No need to judge.

Dawgology
06-17-2019, 09:38 AM

This. Exactly. People are going to freak out because their team is losing. I’d be more worried if we were losing and no one gave a crap. I’ll take folks melting down rather than apathy toward a program any day. Regardless, we won! Why so many threads with people in their feels over people that were in their feels. It’s dumb.

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 09:52 AM
The game threads are absolutely worthless. I like to stop by this message board durning games for discussion about what has happened and what we should do. You know. Talk sports.

Unfortunately during the games we only have one thread going. And it's literally like watching a game with a bunch of very emotional Jr high girls

It's absurd. Any actual discussion is drown out by people giving up after the 3rd inning.

And to the university of Memphis fan above me that is saying shit about the 9th inning....just shut up. You know damn well that's not what goes on. You know damn well it's not about the 9th inning

Last night we were down 3-0 with 5 inning left and people had already decided the season was over.

Just completely unreadable threads Durning the game. Our fans are a bunch of quitters and little girls

Aren't you the guy that said Jake Mangum should hurry up and get the 17 off campus because he was slumping? Posted it in a game thread, I believe.

So basically, STFU.

ShotgunDawg
06-17-2019, 09:53 AM
I feel like game threads are becoming the equivalent of people searching other's twitter accounts for offensive language.

Get a life!

Game threads are emotional. They are a place to get it off your chest both good & bad. People are emotional on them & say things in passion that they would be embarrassed to say when not passionate & emotional.

I love game threads because my wife won't let me yell at her during games, but they just need to be deleted following the game. So that the PC, losers that look for dirt in them don't have anything to find.

The posters who get mad about what is said in a game thread IMO are far far worse than anything someone actually says in a game thread pertaining to a player or our team.

Again, get a 17ing life & stop bitching about people who are emotionally invested bitching

BiscuitEater
06-17-2019, 09:59 AM
It never fails that a handful get on here after a come from behind or close win and shit on the folks who were upset during the game because State was losing. Literally chastising a FAN for being upset their team is losing.

Never have an issue with posters 'upset' during the games BUT will call out idiots that shit on our OWN players or rag on OUR coaches. They don't want to called out, don't post that 'we're snakebit' crap either!

smootness
06-17-2019, 10:00 AM
I just watch the game and stay off this board until afterward no matter what. Unless we're up big, cause then it's just fun.

Lord McBuckethead
06-17-2019, 10:02 AM
The game thread is not for everyone. If it is not for you, get the 17 off of the thread. People are going to bitch. People are going to offer sharp criticism on performance, approach, coaching, attitude, slumping, etc. But what you also see is encouragement, support, strategy discussions, bullshitting, and a community of people that are literally living on every pitch.

I personally do not like the player bashing, but hell it is a stream of conciousness that shows how much we care about succeeding in all of our sports. That is all that it is. Take it all the bullshit with a grain of salt. The highs are high, the lows are low. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pollodawg
06-17-2019, 10:06 AM
We’re no different from any other fan base. It’s the common lot of fans to get annoyed and turn defeatist when you see your team playing well below their potential.

I never want to see a single one of you self-righteous, finger-in-the-face-“toldja so, toldja so” asses utter a single complaint the next time anything goes south for State. Deal?

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 10:24 AM
Aren't you the guy that said Jake Mangum should hurry up and get the 17 off campus because he was slumping? Posted it in a game thread, I believe.

So basically, STFU.

Wow.

Just wow.

You are not a smart person

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 10:27 AM
The game thread is not for everyone. If it is not for you, get the 17 off of the thread. People are going to bitch. People are going to offer sharp criticism on performance, approach, coaching, attitude, slumping, etc. But what you also see is encouragement, support, strategy discussions, bullshitting, and a community of people that are literally living on every pitch.

I personally do not like the player bashing, but hell it is a stream of conciousness that shows how much we care about succeeding in all of our sports. That is all that it is. Take it all the bullshit with a grain of salt. The highs are high, the lows are low. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This thread is not for everyone. If you are embarrassed because you can't hold your emotions during games and bash players, then just get the 17 out of this thread.

See how that works

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Wow.

Just wow.

You are not a smart person

This thread is not for everyone. If you are embarrassed because you can't hold your emotions during games and bash players, then just get the 17 out of this thread.

See how that works

ok

Can we go ahead and pull Mangum's scholarship? This is ridiculous. Not only are we wasting half a scholarship on a guy that can't hit, we put him in the leadoff position.

They need to get his ass off campus. Sooner the better.

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 10:29 AM
lol.

Bless your itty bitty heart

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 10:32 AM
lol.

Bless your itty bitty heart

Ok.

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 10:36 AM
From the same thread. I even spoke to you directly. If you are still too stupid to figure out whats going on, then this will be fun.

The game threads dont deserve serious responses from me, because its just a thread full of clucking hens.

Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post

I get being frustrated but that's just dumb man.
yep it was. Someone earlier said magnum wasn't a hitter, which I thought was absurd, but I want to fit in so.

Give me time, I will figure out who we need to fire eventually.

But I have read in this thread, that we are poorly coached and magnum cant hit, so I am just trying to see the same light everyone else is

shoeless joe
06-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Last nite was the baseball gods way of telling us to chill out on the confidence...or at least vocalizing it. ?That?s baseball? is and always will be in control.

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 10:39 AM
From the same thread. I even spoke to you directly. If you are still too stupid to figure out whats going on, then this will be fun.

The game threads dont deserve serious responses from me, because its just a thread full of clucking hens.

ok

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 10:54 AM
A lot goes over your head doesn't it? It a shame too because I obviously own your dome, and its such an empty dome. But I will forever know that I am on your mind. I have never even noticed you, but you remember post I made from weeks ago. Its very flattering. Even if it went right over your head.

Keep on thinking about me sweetcheeks. I know you will

dantheman4248
06-17-2019, 11:02 AM

So basically, STFU.

He was being sarcastic in that thread bud.

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 11:04 AM
He was being sarcastic in that thread bud.

The point remains. He is just as guilty as everyone he's preaching to in this thread.

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 11:06 AM
A lot goes over your head doesn't it? It a shame too because I obviously own your dome, and its such an empty dome. But I will forever know that I am on your mind. I have never even noticed you, but you remember post I made from weeks ago. Its very flattering. Even if it went right over your head.

Keep on thinking about me sweetcheeks. I know you will

ok

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 11:09 AM
The point remains. He is just as guilty as everyone he's preaching to in this thread.

Mission accomplished. I appreciate you following me around like a puppy. I never would have know

yep it was. Someone earlier said magnum wasn't a hitter, which I thought was absurd, but I want to fit in so.

Give me time, I will figure out who we need to fire eventually.

But I have read in this thread, that we are poorly coached and magnum cant hit, so I am just trying to see the same light everyone else is

mstatefan91
06-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Mission accomplished. I appreciate you following me around like a puppy. I never would have know

ok

drunkernhelldawg
06-17-2019, 11:16 AM
To me, last night was perfect. Start out clumsy and off, figuring out the competition and the situation. Playing on the big field. Mental errors abouund. Then getting it solved. Going into the rest of the tourney with the perfect mental state. Getting the W.

For the record, I thought we'd lose the game but that we'd still have a good chance to win the tourney. With the W, I am even more confident.

BiscuitEater
06-17-2019, 11:17 AM
People are going to bitch. .. I personally do not like the player bashing, but hell it is a stream of conciousness that shows how much we care about succeeding in all of our sports.

Disagree 100%! Same idiots that bash OUR players are the same a$$hats that boo the team at DWS.

KOdawg1
06-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Disagree 100%! Same idiots that bash OUR players are the same a$$hats that boo the team at DWS.
Yeah, that's not true.

StateDawg44
06-17-2019, 11:29 AM

This.... and if there are recruits/parents that read the board and see the people who can't make it through a rough inning/quarter without bashing a player, that's got to be a very similar feeling to being at a game and hearing the fans boo their own team if they are on a visit.

Who the hell would want to play for a fanbase that does that?

msstate7
06-17-2019, 11:34 AM
This.... and if there are recruits/parents that read the board and see the people who can't make it through a rough inning/quarter without bashing a player, that's got to be a very similar feeling to being at a game and hearing the fans boo their own team if they are on a visit.

Who the hell would want to play for a fanbase that does that?

Apparently every player in the sec bc every sec fan base does this

BulldogBear
06-17-2019, 12:25 PM

Beat me to it

msstate7
06-17-2019, 12:28 PM
Beat me to it

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a good thing though. I've actually chilled quite a bit in game threads... even not posting in them many games this season. I do still lose it sometimes in brave game threads on another board though haha

Dawg61
06-17-2019, 12:42 PM
You can't control what other people say but you can use the ignore button. If there's a poster that gets under your skin USE THE IGNORE BUTTON. Problem solved for you.

deadheaddawg
06-17-2019, 12:44 PM

This is an opportunity to separate ourselves then. To help ourselves. To maybe help the team as fans.

Since every other fanbase bashes their own players, let's be better fans than everyone else.

PMDawg
06-17-2019, 12:46 PM

Some of yours:

No I don't hate Moorhead. But I do hate his offensive philosophy. He had one of the best running backs in the last 20 years in Barkley who covered up his bullshit play calling at Penn State. He is just lucky we had the #1 defense in the country last year who saved his ass. If he wins 8 games this season it will be a freaking miracle. It will be amazing to see what kind of excuses Moorhead supports pull out their Ass when he implodes this year.

i was close enough to holler at one of the Stanford players coming back to dugout and I shouted what do you think of this Caliboy? (really? Are you 8?)

Moorhead = New haircut ....same dead offense. If you think 9 months turns this team into a 9 win team with what we lost on defense your smoking Crack.

Westburg bat is a liability right now.

I want to punch him in his 17ing throat....and if you don't quit defending him you Vandy freak Ill shove your head up his ass and give you an inside view. (oooh! Internet tough guy!)

I believe Moorhead was/is a bust hire. I spent more time and money following this team all over than you did I bet. If he comes back and becomes a good coach I will eat crow. All of you Moorhead backers said last season he needed his QB. Well he got his now let's see if his dynamic offense can produce. Barkley covered his ass at Penn State how this season unfolds remains to be seen.

His bat has been on crutches the last couple weeks he need needed a break. (On Mac needing surgery)

damnit now I cant call him fats ass anymore. (on Moorhead dropping some lbs)

I mean, everyone says stupid stuff on here, I think the game thread police should back off a bit.

Of course, it's just our culture these days - "If you don't think/act exactly like I do, you're a moron!!!".

StateDawg44
06-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Fair answer to my obviously rhetorical question. But, all of those fans are also asshats no matter who they cheer for.

The letters 'SEC' alone would very likely be enough to make me look past those fans if I only had one SEC offer like some players do. But say I had only 2 and I see that behavior at one and not the other. The decision gets a lot heavier to one side.

I'm not trying to argue or change anyone's mind or trying to make a light bulb go off. Those who fall into this category are too obtuse to get there anyway.

------

And for the record, I'm not a believer in that everyone deserves a trophy BS. If they just suck a game up heap it on them. But the beginning of yesterdays game had a whole lot of things falling Auburns way to go along with a very inconsistent strike zone. You see more AU fans today saying they are proud of their team and how it was brutal and yes they gave it away essentially. But the vast majority aren't hating and bashing. We looked sloppy but steadily improved once Owen came out and 'fans' were still counting us out. You would think we would've had a slight change after last year's run we had.

StateDawg44
06-17-2019, 12:55 PM
This is an opportunity to separate ourselves then. To help ourselves. To maybe help the team as fans.

Since every other fanbase bashes their own players, let's be better fans than everyone else.

but, but, but everyone else is doing it....**

Sounding like effin OM fans with that excuse..

PMDawg
06-17-2019, 12:56 PM
You can't control what other people say but you can use the ignore button. If there's a poster that gets under your skin USE THE IGNORE BUTTON. Problem solved for you.

Deadhead can't do it. Literally 90%+ of his posts on this board are him arguing with someone, complaining about something, or just plain calling people names. Granted, the other 10% are positives about our teams and players, so there's that.

I see both sides of the argument, but people won't change. I get tired of people starting response threads to game threads and all these white knight posters trying to call out anyone who got emotional when we fell behind.

Cooterpoot
06-17-2019, 12:57 PM
99 trolling this place up

msstate7
06-17-2019, 12:59 PM
99 trolling this place up

Yep. 99 is a troll master

StateDawg44
06-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Deadhead can't do it. Literally 90%+ of his posts on this board are him arguing with someone, complaining about something, or just plain calling people names. Granted, the other 10% are positives about our teams and players, so there's that.

I see both sides of the argument, but people won't change. I get tired of people starting response threads to game threads and all these white knight posters trying to call out anyone who got emotional when we fell behind.

Sack the 17 up and show an inkling of self-control. It's really not that hard to not turn into a 14 y/o girl and take it to the internet.

PMDawg
06-17-2019, 01:29 PM
Sack the 17 up and show an inkling of self-control. It's really not that hard to not turn into a 14 y/o girl and take it to the internet.

I don't generally post in game threads, but I don't begrudge those who do. whatever they want to post. Not to say I've never been guilty of it myself, but I generally just lurk them.

StateDawg44
06-17-2019, 01:52 PM
I don't generally post in game threads, but I don't begrudge those who do. whatever they want to post. Not to say I've never been guilty of it myself, but I generally just lurk them.

Yeah I hear you. I wasn't telling you to sack up. Just the ones who can't seem to keep it together.

BrunswickDawg
06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying it's a good thing though. I've actually chilled quite a bit in game threads... even not posting in them many games this season. I do still lose it sometimes in brave game threads on another board though haha

Pacing yourself for football. Good job 7!

sandwolf
06-17-2019, 05:20 PM
Deadhead can't do it. Literally 90%+ of his posts on this board are him arguing with someone, complaining about something, or just plain calling people names.

Yea, he is easily one of the 5 worst posters on this board. He adds absolutely nothing of value.

msstate7
06-17-2019, 05:23 PM
Pacing yourself for football. Good job 7!

Dang right lol

somebodyshotmypaw
06-17-2019, 05:56 PM
Bashing players doesn't really bother me if it's accurate. Saying our QB threw a stupid interception or our batter had a terrible at bat, or our point guard needs to get his head out of his ass doesn't bother me. Because it's usually true. They know it, we know it, their parents know it, and the coaches know it. The idiots are the ones that say "we are down 7-0 in the first quarter, this game is over", or "we are down 2-0 in the 3rd inning, so I quit, it's over". Those folks know nothing about sports, and are quitters. I can handle mistakes, but I hate a quitter. You fight to the end. Always. And if you're a fan, you don't quit on your team. Posters who want to forfeit in the 5th inning of game 1 and take the team on a bus back to Starkville are the ones that bother me.