PDA

View Full Version : Guys, one of our own needs our prayers....

CadaverDawg
06-17-2019, 01:32 AM
My boy DownwardDawg is battling prostate cancer and is headed to MD Anderson in the morning for a Wednesday morning surgery. I've grown to be good friends with Downward over the years through this board, and let me tell you, not only is he a die hard dawg...he's one hell of a good dude. Downward, we love you brother, and if we can do anything at all you better let us know. Let's all send up prayers for a bulldog family member. Downward, you go kick cancer's ass....we've got your back. You told me a CWS Title would be some of the best medicine....well we're going to do our part to help the Dawgs pull through. Stay strong my friend, God's in control. Keep us posted. Love ya brother.

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 02:54 AM
Cancer sucks. I'll keep him in my prayers. He has been a longtime poster on several boards and one of the better ones.

msbulldog
06-17-2019, 03:58 AM
Prayers coming.

Howboutdemdogs
06-17-2019, 04:13 AM
Prayers

Cooterpoot
06-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Hopefully they got it early. Prayers DD.

EdDawg
06-17-2019, 07:30 AM
Prayers sent.

Martianlander
06-17-2019, 07:42 AM
Prayers sent for him and his family.

DownwardDawg
06-17-2019, 07:42 AM
I love you guys!!!!! Thank you everyone for the prayers. God is on my side. We got this!!!! I’ll keep everyone updated. Will be watching the games for sure!!! Packed me shirt and hat that I have to wear to keep us winning!!!

Really Clark?
06-17-2019, 07:52 AM
Prayers Downward!!

BulldogBear
06-17-2019, 08:39 AM
Prayers Downward!!

Prayers Upward for Downward

tireddawg
06-17-2019, 08:45 AM
Prayers brother

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Prayers Downward for a full recovery. God is with you every step of the way. Will be praying for you brother.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Prayers for you and your family DD. God bless

Dawgology
06-17-2019, 09:40 AM
Pulling for you DD

MadDawg
06-17-2019, 09:41 AM
So many people I know with health concerns now. Sucks getting old. Prayers for a fellow bulldog.

GreenheadDawg
06-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Prayers for you, brother. Whoop cancers ass!

confucius say
06-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Prayers sent!

Commercecomet24
06-17-2019, 10:14 AM
Praying For you and your family!

gtowndawg
06-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Absolutely.

OneArmSteve
06-17-2019, 10:43 AM
Prayers for you, sir. Hoping for a full recovery!

preachermatt83
06-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Praying for ya my bulldawg brother!!!

lifedog
06-17-2019, 02:43 PM
Prayers sent !!

State82
06-17-2019, 03:59 PM
Prayers absolutely sent!

3rdGen
06-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Prayers for you Downward. Hope the surgery is successful!

DownwardDawg
06-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Got my hat and shirt on. Doing my part. Wife has strict orders to put my hat and my shirt on me as soon as I wake up tomorrow if we don’t get to play tonight!!! I had to explain to her how important it is!!

CadaverDawg
06-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Got my hat and shirt on. Doing my part. Wife has strict orders to put my hat and my shirt on me as soon as I wake up tomorrow if we don’t get to play tonight!!! I had to explain to her how important it is!!

I love it! Good luck tomorrow, brother. We'll be thinking about you, keep us posted as soon as you're able.

bobtail bob
06-18-2019, 06:45 PM
Praying for you my bully brother. You'll make it through fine

Goldendawg
06-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Prayers for you and yours.

MarketingBully
06-18-2019, 07:03 PM
I love you guys!!!!! Thank you everyone for the prayers. God is on my side. We got this!!!! I?ll keep everyone updated. Will be watching the games for sure!!! Packed me shirt and hat that I have to wear to keep us winning!!!

Prayers for you man! I know you can beat this!

TaleofTwoDogs
06-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Tell your doc that you got this one beat, cause you got a natty to celebrate next week! Take care.

R2Dawg
06-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Prayer sent, God is in control.

Turfdawg67
06-18-2019, 08:36 PM
My boy DownwardDawg is battling prostate cancer and is headed to MD Anderson in the morning for a Wednesday morning surgery. I've grown to be good friends with Downward over the years through this board, and let me tell you, not only is he a die hard dawg...he's one hell of a good dude. Downward, we love you brother, and if we can do anything at all you better let us know. Let's all send up prayers for a bulldog family member. Downward, you go kick cancer's ass....we've got your back. You told me a CWS Title would be some of the best medicine....well we're going to do our part to help the Dawgs pull through. Stay strong my friend, God's in control. Keep us posted. Love ya brother.

Praying for DownwardDawg!

preachermatt83
06-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Please update as soon as u can buddy!!

DownwardDawg
06-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Please update as soon as u can buddy!!

I will for sure!! Thank y’all so much. I love my Hail State family!!!!!

Bothrops
06-18-2019, 10:41 PM
You will be fine. Prayers lifted.

lastmajordog
06-19-2019, 12:30 PM
I love you guys!!!!! Thank you everyone for the prayers. God is on my side. We got this!!!! I?ll keep everyone updated. Will be watching the games for sure!!! Packed me shirt and hat that I have to wear to keep us winning!!!

THERE YOU GO!!!.......you got this!!!!!!!!!!!

preachermatt83
06-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Any word?

DownwardDawg
06-20-2019, 02:22 AM
Any word?

Surgery took place while our game was on. Thank God! Good Lord looking out for me!!
Seriously, I’m doing good. Surgeon told my wife the early prognosis looks really good. Obviously I’m very sore and having trouble sleeping, but nothing that I should complain about. Got my ball cap on while laying up in this hospital bed!! Heck, I might even be able to follow the game thread today!!!! That’ll get me out of the bed and walking the hallway!!!!
Love you my brothers.

preachermatt83
06-20-2019, 04:05 AM
Surgery took place while our game was on. Thank God! Good Lord looking out for me!!
Seriously, I’m doing good. Surgeon told my wife the early prognosis looks really good. Obviously I’m very sore and having trouble sleeping, but nothing that I should complain about. Got my ball cap on while laying up in this hospital bed!! Heck, I might even be able to follow the game thread today!!!! That’ll get me out of the bed and walking the hallway!!!!
Love you my brothers.

Good news buddy!!!

CadaverDawg
06-20-2019, 06:43 AM
Love you my brothers.

Excellent news, man! Glad it went well....we gonna need you and all other hands on deck to pull this Natty out

starkvegasdawg
06-20-2019, 07:01 AM
Love you my brothers.

You need a cowbell to ring in your room.

DownwardDawg
06-20-2019, 07:08 AM
You need a cowbell to ring in your room.

No doubt!!!!! I would certainly ring it too!!!

Dawgology
06-20-2019, 09:12 AM
Glad to hear that good news. Get to feeling better and you better be wearing that lucky shirt and hat tonight!

DownwardDawg
06-22-2019, 08:29 AM
Back at home guys! Thank you all so much for the positive thoughts and prayers! We all have our disagreements on here from time to time but we’re family. A strong Bulldawg family. I’ve got some mending to do but I’m already feeling much better.

I hate we lost Thursday night, but at least I got to watch the game. If any of you ever need any support, especially if a family men ever gets the news I got recently, please feel free to reach out to me. I will help any way I can. Even if it’s just a talk or moral support.

preachermatt83
06-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Back at home guys! Thank you all so much for the positive thoughts and prayers! We all have our disagreements on here from time to time but we’re family. A strong Bulldawg family. I’ve got some mending to do but I’m already feeling much better.

I hate we lost Thursday night, but at least I got to watch the game. If any of you ever need any support, especially if a family men ever gets the news I got recently, please feel free to reach out to me. I will help any way I can. Even if it’s just a talk or moral support.

Glad you are at home bro. Praying for a speedy recovery!!

Commercecomet24
06-22-2019, 05:35 PM

Glad to hear your back home and in good spirits! Continued prayers for your healing! Hang in there!

HAILSTATE!

DownwardDawg
06-24-2019, 09:58 AM

Just realized that I typed family “men”. Meant to say any family “member”. And I mean that. No one fights alone. The mental part of it can be as bad or worse than the physical part. I had a great support group so I want to help anyone that I can.

State82
06-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Great to hear DD! Keep mending and feeling better!

yjnkdawg
06-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Great news DD. Glad you are feeling better, and I know it's great being back home. I have you in my prayers also for you getting your strength back, with a quick and successful recovery.

DownwardDawg
06-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Great to hear DD! Keep mending and feeling better!

Great news DD. Glad you are feeling better, and I know it's great being back home. I have you in my prayers also for you getting your strength back, with a quick and successful recovery.

Thank you my brothers!!!

confucius say
06-24-2019, 05:05 PM
So relieved to hear. Been thinking about you DD.

DownwardDawg
06-24-2019, 05:14 PM
So relieved to hear. Been thinking about you DD.

Thank you friend. God Bless!!!