PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Vandy discussion...

CadaverDawg
06-16-2019, 11:05 PM
Alright, what's the consensus....Ginn or Plumlee?

I think Ginn.

Is Vandy more righty or lefty dominant? Lefties seem to hit Ginn better than Plumlee

StarkVegasSteve
06-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Ginn, I trust Plum a lot more in an elimination game if we don't win Tuesday

preachermatt83
06-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Could make an argument for either one. No bad choive imo.

Apoplectic
06-16-2019, 11:20 PM
has to be plum and his bottom of the zone pitching

ShotgunDawg
06-16-2019, 11:25 PM
I just think this is Ginn's moment.

Him vs Rocker seems like a dream come true matchup & JT is due to pitch like a superstar again.

This just seems like the moment for him.

Plus, if you go Ginn, you can pitch him again in this tournament. If you go Plumlee & hold Ginn, it starts to get dicey.

I want Plumlee on the mound with the season on the line & the season is not on the line Tuesday vs Vandy

Dawg61
06-16-2019, 11:40 PM
Ginn, he ready. Gotta get Rocker out of the game early somehow.

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 12:15 AM
I'd be fine with Ginn or Plumlee.

Plumlee has pitched well with big games on the line- Governor's Cup, Regional game three vs. Miami, SR against Stanford.

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 12:16 AM
I just think this is Ginn's moment.

Him vs Rocker seems like a dream come true matchup & JT is due to pitch like a superstar again.

This just seems like the moment for him.

Plus, if you go Ginn, you can pitch him again in this tournament. If you go Plumlee & hold Ginn, it starts to get dicey.

I want Plumlee on the mound with the season on the line & the season is not on the line Tuesday vs Vandy

Of course the x-factor is Ginn's health. That's an unknown for me at least.

Jarius
06-17-2019, 01:49 AM
Our lineup is much better when we get to go left hand heavy. Rowdey and Jake are better from the left side and Hatcher is a better hitter than Halter. Our 3 hole hitter getting to face a righty will help as well. I have a feeling we are about to crush the ball offensively. This 9th inning is the type of thing that sparks a team to go on a magical run.

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 02:59 AM
After recovering somewhat at 3 AM now.

I think I would personally go with Plumlee. The reason being that to me winning the second game is almost as much a must win as game one. I don't know what the odds are of winning the CWS after going 2-0 are- but my guess is they're probably pretty good.

After that win/lose you go with Ginn in game three against Louisville's or Auburn's 2 or 3 and give Ginn a little more rest. If that happens and we play Auburn we all know how good Ginn was against them earlier this year. And Vanderbilt does have several LH hitters.

Then if needed we can go back to Small. I suppose.

I seen it dawg
06-17-2019, 05:40 AM
Plumlee. All day. In the blacks. Throw Ginn and whole staff in Game 3 to get us to title series.

msbulldog
06-17-2019, 07:25 AM
Ginn, I want Plum in must win game if we have it.

I seen it dawg
06-17-2019, 08:12 AM
I want Plum to win THIS game. Can't trust Ginn. We shouldn't even be thinking about the next one. The winner of this game is a huge favorite to win the whole thing. It's a must win.

starkvegasdawg
06-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Got to start 2-0. Whatever we need to do to accomplish that is what we do.

I've heard a rumor or two (completely unsubstantiated) that the issue with Ginn is not his arm so much as it is between his ears. Whether physical or mental, hope it gets taken care of. We need old Ginn back badly.

basedog
06-17-2019, 08:32 AM
I want Plum to win THIS game. Can't trust Ginn. We shouldn't even be thinking about the next one. The winner of this game is a huge favorite to win the whole thing. It's a must win.

+1 all day. Must win forget about elimination game. Plum is #2.

shoeless joe
06-17-2019, 08:41 AM
+1 all day. Must win forget about elimination game. Plum is #2.

Yep. If the goal is to win it all this is virtually a must win game

drunkernhelldawg
06-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Gotta go with Ginn. Let his greatness emerge.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-17-2019, 09:00 AM
I think we only get one start from JT Ginn.. so if we pitch Plumlee against Vandy, we can pitch Plumlee again Championship Series.... If we pitch Ginn Tuesday, that cuts him and Plumlee to one start.... plus Ginn seems to get easily rattled.
I think we will hit well against Rocker... it’s those 80mph pitchers we have trouble hitting.

Jarius
06-17-2019, 09:17 AM
I think we only get one start from JT Ginn.. so if we pitch Plumlee against Vandy, we can pitch Plumlee again Championship Series.... If we pitch Ginn Tuesday, that cuts him and Plumlee to one start.... plus Ginn seems to get easily rattled.
I think we will hit well against Rocker... it’s those 80mph pitchers we have trouble hitting.

This right here. I am not convinced we will be able to pitch Ginn again in this tournament. He may be a 1 and done with his arm soreness. We need Plum to pitch ASAP so we can get him back out there in the championship series if we get that far.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2019, 09:40 AM
Got to start 2-0. Whatever we need to do to accomplish that is what we do.

I've heard a rumor or two (completely unsubstantiated) that the issue with Ginn is not his arm so much as it is between his ears. Whether physical or mental, hope it gets taken care of. We need old Ginn back badly.

He has thrown more innings this year than he ever has in his life. He probably pitched about 30 innings his SR year in HS and on the national team they dont care as much about winning as they do getting everyone in so its just a workload issue. He will be okay

confucius say
06-17-2019, 10:09 AM
The chances of beating UL Thursday, Vandy Friday, and Vandy Saturday are very low. Plus you'd be out of pitching for the natty series even if you could do that. So, you throw whomever your best option is Tuesday to beat Vandy. Forget about who can come back when and on how much rest.

Marvin
06-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Gotta go Plumlee here

drunkernhelldawg
06-17-2019, 10:53 AM
The chances of beating UL Thursday, Vandy Friday, and Vandy Saturday are very low. Plus you'd be out of pitching for the natty series even if you could do that. So, you throw whomever your best option is Tuesday to beat Vandy. Forget about who can come back when and on how much rest.

I agree. Win one game at a time. Just playing beats overthinking near every time.

Bullsy
06-17-2019, 11:03 AM
What nice problem to have: Do we start our other first round draft pick or start the senior that has been lights out for the last 6 or so starts.

BrunswickDawg
06-17-2019, 11:07 AM

I think the baseball gods are pointing us to Plumlee - the guy has been thru a ton, battled his way back, is a Senior leader, and is one of our guys on a mission. That's the guy I want out there facing a team like Vandy.

bostondawg
06-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Lemonis just confirmed that Plumlee will be on the bump tomorrow against Vandy, per Robbie Faulk.

R2Dawg
06-17-2019, 12:06 PM
Plumlee. All day. In the blacks. Throw Ginn and whole staff in Game 3 to get us to title series.

My vote as well. Could even pitch Small a couple if necessary. Just get to finals now.

confucius say
06-17-2019, 02:50 PM
My vote as well. Could even pitch Small a couple if necessary. Just get to finals now.

Tomorrow? Whoa. Not running small back out there on 48 hours rest

Apoplectic
06-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Tomorrow? Whoa. Not running small back out there on 48 hours rest

no - small is finished until saturday