PDA

View Full Version : Some Quick Thoughts...

ShotgunDawg
06-16-2019, 10:52 PM
I'm freaking pumped & ready for Vandyboys: what a ridiculous slogan.

- I start JT 17ing Ginn against Vandy. I trust Plumlee more in an elimination game & Ginn has had time off. He'll throw the piss out of it & shut their ass down. Think the Texas Tech Game early in the season. I think that's the Ginn we get.

- Kumar Rocker will pitch for Vandy but he's coming off throwing 130+ pitches. My guess is he'll be oddly fatigued. Additionally, all his outs were on the slider out of the zone last week. Eliminate that pitch & sit FB. His FB is very hittable &, after seeing how we handled Burns, obviously what we hit best.

- You need luck to win in Omaha & by damned we just got some. We can win this thing.

KOdawg1
06-16-2019, 10:53 PM
I agree about Ginn, as long as he is ready. It's his time.

BulldogBear
06-16-2019, 10:56 PM
Watch out. Somebody's liable to tell you that you have no right to be pumped because made at least one negative comment in a game thread.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Watch out. Somebody's liable to tell you that you have no right to be pumped because made at least one negative comment in a game thread.

We should all be pumped. But if we get down 1-0 to Vandy early, I ain't going home. I want to get after their ass and come back and beat them. Let's play our asses off for 9 innings and send the Dores to the losers bracket where they belong.

timotheus
06-16-2019, 11:02 PM
most of rockers pitches will bounce if we are patient

Cooterpoot
06-16-2019, 11:03 PM
I go with Plumlee. He?s been lights out. Ginn is bad matchup vs Vandy IMO. We?ve already won the coin flip, so we?re rolling already!

Big4Dawg
06-16-2019, 11:09 PM
Yeah, their pitcher was on last game but he said his slider was just different that game. Hopefully he got that type of performance out of the way

AlSwearengen
06-16-2019, 11:17 PM
I think it is a coin flip. Plumlee has been good lately and JT hasn’t pitched in awhile. That said, both of them tend to be a little amped in the first inning and their sinkers get a little flat. Need to avoid that. If whoever starts is on with their sinker, that should negate vandy’s power. Leibelt will be important in this one as well.

ShotgunDawg
06-16-2019, 11:18 PM
most of rockers pitches will bounce if we are patient

Correct & he has below average life on his fastball

ShotgunDawg
06-16-2019, 11:20 PM
Having the day off after winning really really allows you to be more liberal with your bullpen in this tournament

ShotgunDawg
06-16-2019, 11:22 PM
I think it is a coin flip. Plumlee has been good lately and JT hasn’t pitched in awhile. That said, both of them tend to be a little amped in the first inning and their sinkers get a little flat. Need to avoid that. If whoever starts is on with their sinker, that should negate vandy’s power. Leibelt will be important in this one as well.

Correct.

He's not even a strike out pitcher. He's only got 68K in 66 innings & He's given up more hits than innings pitched.

Captain Falcon
06-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Having the day off after winning really really allows you to be more liberal with your bullpen in this tournament

Oh yeah I feel almost certain you will see Liebelt and Gordon on Tuesday. Same for Vandy and their lights out closer too, though.

Our best chance to win is to play with the lead for most of the way. They are an incredibly tough team to come back on with all of the MLB caliber arms they have in their pen.

BuckyIsAB****
06-16-2019, 11:41 PM
After watching us swing at first pitch breaking balls tonight, are you worried about seeing that slider you mentioned

Lord McBuckethead
06-16-2019, 11:42 PM
You have to protect the plate, but look to identify that slider early to lay off.

ShotgunDawg
06-17-2019, 12:10 AM
After watching us swing at first pitch breaking balls tonight, are you worried about seeing that slider you mentioned

It's absolutely a concern.

I think what we have going for us is that Kumar is due for a regression to the mean of sorts. He's not the type of pitcher he was last week. He's good, but that's not him. I expect that slider to be a little loser on Tues, which should allow us to recognize it & lay off.

Kumar will be 93-96 mph but his fast ball is really straight & not very deceptive. Wouldn't surprise me to see us square up a few HRs

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 12:12 AM

YES.

BuckyIsAB****
06-17-2019, 12:14 AM
It's absolutely a concern.

I think what we have going for us is that Kumar is due for a regression to the mean of sorts. He's not the type of pitcher he was last week. He's good, but that's not him. I expect that slider to be a little loser on Tues, which should allow us to recognize it & lay off.

Kumar will be 93-96 mph but his fast ball is really straight & not very deceptive. Wouldn't surprise me to see us square up a few HRs

Well I would think we know its coming and we know we swung at too many tonight

Jarius
06-17-2019, 01:22 AM
Guys we got 12 hits tonight. That is a LOT of hits. We have to get better at not leaving guys on base but our approach was fine for the most part. We got unlucky on Westburg's missile right at someone with the bases loaded, but other than that we shit our pants with RISP until the 9th. Our approach is fine for the most part. Facing Friday night aces in the World Series ain't easy for hitters. Our defense needs to shore up, but I'm not concerned about our approach.

Todd4State
06-17-2019, 01:27 AM
Guys we got 12 hits tonight. That is a LOT of hits. We have to get better at not leaving guys on base but our approach was fine for the most part. We got unlucky on Westburg's missile right at someone with the bases loaded, but other than that we shit our pants with RISP until the 9th. Our approach is fine for the most part. Facing Friday night aces in the World Series ain't easy for hitters. Our defense needs to shore up, but I'm not concerned about our approach.

It was uneven. It wasn't LSU series bad. But we had good and bad. I think some of it was certain players trying to do too much in those big situations sometimes.

Jarius
06-17-2019, 01:42 AM
It was uneven. It wasn't LSU series bad. But we had good and bad. I think some of it was certain players trying to do too much in those big situations sometimes.

Yes. When the pressure was on, some of our guys had really aggressive approaches that hurt us. Pitchers are going to pitch you differently with RISP. You're going to get first pitch breaking balls, 2-0 breaking balls, and 3-1 breaking balls sometimes in those spots. They aren't going to pitch you the way their scouting report says they are going to during the CWS with RISP. We had 3 or 4 at bats where we had terrible approaches in really key spots. Other than that it's hard to complain about 12 hits offensively.

I seen it dawg
06-17-2019, 05:38 AM
We just can't try to be a hero every time up with one swing which we did way too much. Just keep innings extended every at bat. Stop trying to make a highlight every pitch. We got a reprieve last night but we play the 2nd best team tomorrow night so we have to be better. Vanderbilt won't choke it off like soft ass Auburn.