PDA

View Full Version : For those of you expecting to roll tomorrow

MetEdDawg
06-15-2019, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Omaha folks. Both 3 seeds advance today. This place is crazy and anything can happen. I know we expect to win tomorrow, but let today serve as notice. We may feel like we got a great matchup but we are going to have to earn everything. Nothing given, you have to go take it.

Don't think anyone saw an Arkansas Texas Tech losers bracket game in the cards after today.

msstate7
06-15-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm not surprised by FSU. They went in to Georgia and LSU and won. Ark isn't the same team on the road

Cooterpoot
06-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I still expect to roll.

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2019, 08:58 PM
. Ark isn't the same team on the road

Yup.

Wind blows out to RF for most if the Spring at Baum. Thus Arkansas builds their lineup with left handed power. Once FSU decided to start a left handed sinker baller in that ballpark, Arky was screwed. Bad circumstance and matchup for Arkansas

Todd4State
06-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Yup.

Wind blows out to RF for most if the Spring at Baum. Thus Arkansas builds their lineup with left handed power. Once FSU decided to start a left handed sinker baller in that ballpark, Arky was screwed. Bad circumstance and matchup for Arkansas

Would you say that they have the biggest homefield advantage in the SEC because of that in your opinion? The ball was absolutely flying out of there for both teams in the Arkansas SR last weekend.

BiscuitEater
06-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Would you say that they have the biggest homefield advantage in the SEC because of that in your opinion? The ball was absolutely flying out of there for both teams in the Arkansas SR last weekend.

Nope. That carpet at Vandy takes others a while to adjust .. Biggest SEC home advantage.

Todd4State
06-15-2019, 09:13 PM
Nope. That carpet at Vandy takes others a while to adjust .. Biggest SEC home advantage.

Good take. That turf is absurd.

mparkerfd20
06-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Louisville beats Vandy tomorrow. Calling it here even tho probably not the first.

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2019, 09:25 PM

Absolutely

Most baseball fields face northeast, which means the Spring north wind blows in from LF. However, Baum faces SE, which means the Spring north wind blows out to RF. Arkansas recruits for it and they play to it.

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2019, 09:25 PM

Good point. Both are advantages that are unique to them.

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2019, 09:57 PM
It's about who is hot. We are hot, but so is Auburn. We will be in a fight tomorrow.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-15-2019, 11:17 PM
The only thing that makes me a little nervous about auburn is, like Michigan and FSU, they've been winning on the road in the post season. And MSU, like Ark and TT, have been winning at home. Gotta get our minds right and I'm sure today only reiterated that to the team

Cooterpoot
06-15-2019, 11:23 PM
I forget, it’s against the rules for State fans to be optimistic. 17 that shit! We rolling tomorrow!

3rdGen
06-15-2019, 11:38 PM
ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN WHAT!

Skydawg1
06-15-2019, 11:43 PM
The only thing that makes me a little nervous about auburn is, like Michigan and FSU, they've been winning on the road in the post season. And MSU, like Ark and TT, have been winning at home. Gotta get our minds right and I'm sure today only reiterated that to the teamArk and TT have been lofting homer after homer out of their parks in the Reeg's. We have been hitting doubles and line drives. Auburn has been facing ACC pitching. We had the hottest team in the nation Directional Who?, the Miami Hurricanes, and then Stanford..who we held to one home run, I think? We're in Omaha because we deserve to be. I'm not worried one bit about some Auburn mess.

CadaverDawg
06-15-2019, 11:50 PM
ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN WHAT!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ZCZRQyuQNyzyU/giphy.gif

RougeDawg
06-15-2019, 11:58 PM
I?m trying to figure out who was posting that we roll tomorrow? We should roll and our game played well in the park, but OP pump your breaks or wake up from your dream. No one is predicting a ROLL.

TNDawg35
06-16-2019, 12:28 AM
As White Goodman once said, “Were better than you and we know it!!”

RougeDawg
06-16-2019, 12:42 AM
As White Goodman once said, ?Were better than you and we know it!!?

As anyone with 20/20 eyesight. Same conclusion. Show up and take care of business and I?ll see y?all next Monday . Have a damn wedding to go to.

99jc
06-16-2019, 07:08 AM
I have said it from day 1 we are the number 1 team in the country. We are 17ing rolling today and will win the national championship. All you negative Pusses are what you are! HAIL STATE

gravedigger
06-16-2019, 08:12 AM
I have said it from day 1 we are the number 1 team in the country. We are 17ing rolling today and will win the national championship. All you negative Pusses are what you are! HAIL STATE

Seeing a pattern here.

maroonmania
06-16-2019, 10:29 AM
It's about who is hot. We are hot, but so is Auburn. We will be in a fight tomorrow.

True, and the last time we played away from home, in the SEC tourney on a neutral field, our offense was pretty pathetic. We all talked about how important it was for us to get the regional and SR at home because we've played so much better there. We did, and it made a big difference. Now its time to see how we do on a neutral field in Omaha.

BuckyIsAB****
06-16-2019, 11:31 AM
True, and the last time we played away from home, in the SEC tourney on a neutral field, our offense was pretty pathetic. We all talked about how important it was for us to get the regional and SR at home because we've played so much better there. We did, and it made a big difference. Now its time to see how we do on a neutral field in Omaha.

Good point

Dawg2003
06-16-2019, 12:37 PM
I feel like our fanbase hasn't been able to figure out a happy medium between "we are cursed, and it's all a conspiracy against us" and "we're the best and won't lose."

Cloak
06-16-2019, 12:38 PM
Not sure if it was formally announced or not, but Small will start tonight.

gravedigger
06-16-2019, 12:46 PM
I feel like our fanbase hasn't been able to figure out a happy medium between "we are cursed, and it's all a conspiracy against us" and "we're the best and won't lose."

We have a winner.

Please report to the message board administrative offices to receive a free lobotomy and a 6 month prescription for lithium.

Cloak
06-16-2019, 12:52 PM
Sitting next to an Auburn family on a flight right now. They are very pessimistic about tonight. Feel like they are going to get whooped

msstate7
06-16-2019, 12:55 PM
It's baseball and we're facing a solid team, so I won't be surprised if we lose. If I were betting $5000 on this game though, not even a second thought on going with us

chef dixon
06-16-2019, 01:06 PM

Everyone that makes it is hot

MetEdDawg
06-16-2019, 02:56 PM
It's baseball and we're facing a solid team, so I won't be surprised if we lose. If I were betting $5000 on this game though, not even a second thought on going with us

Exactly. That's how I feel. If I were forced to bet $5,000 on our game, unquestionably I bet on us. But if I had a choice, I wouldn't bet.

The goal in any sport should be to get into a position to win a championship. We've gotten to that spot. Now do I think we CAN win it? Absolutely. But if we lose to Auburn and draw Vandy with Rocker pitching in a losers bracket game and end up 2 and through, I'm not gonna be pissed at Lemonis or the team. I'll be upset we didn't get further, but we got to Omaha. That's the goal every year and we accomplished that. Yes now that we are here we want to get greedy. But at this point it's not hard to lose to 2 really solid teams in a row and be done.