PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas is obcessed............

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2019, 05:08 PM
with MSU baseball. What is it with them?

https://twitter.com/Dogbusdriver/status/1139961939000532992

KOdawg1
06-15-2019, 05:33 PM
It's mostly started with us building a stadium that's better than their's. For a long time, Baum was the best in the SEC, but it's not any more and they don't know to handle it. We get recognized for our great fanbase, and they do too, but not to the extent that we do.

I think they also see us as a threat bc, when you look at it, we're very similar as programs. They've been to Omaha 10 times, we've been 11, but neither have won at all. I think they badly want to win it before we do.

bulldogcountry1
06-15-2019, 05:56 PM
As bad as it sucked to wait on a new stadium for so long, it really gave us the chance to have something fantastic. LSU, UM, and Ark have nice stadiums, but they are pot committed. All they can realistically do now is make incremental improvements. UM and Ark realize this, and they are pissed.

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2019, 06:02 PM
As bad as it sucked to wait on a new stadium for so long, it really gave us the chance to have something fantastic. LSU, UM, and Ark have nice stadiums, but they are pot committed. All they can realistically do now is make incremental improvements. UM and Ark realize this, and they are pissed.

Really the only thing they can do is go bigger. If they do, good for them. We built a gem. They know it and it's eating at them.

Maroonthirteen
06-15-2019, 06:06 PM
I lived in LR a few years. Some People would get offended if you so much as wear another SEC T-shirt. Not everyone.... but some truely acted offended.

MaroonFlounder
06-15-2019, 06:15 PM
It's mostly started with us building a stadium that's better than their's. For a long time, Baum was the best in the SEC

S. Carolina had a case for being the best, but yes, Baum was badass until the new Dude was unveiled.

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2019, 06:39 PM
I lived in LR a few years. Some People would get offended if you so much as wear another SEC T-shirt. Not everyone.... but some truely acted offended.

I've spent some time there. You aren't kidding.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2019, 06:43 PM

When I was about 15 years old I went to Eureka Springs Arkansas to see The Great Passion play with my grandparents. We are sitting at this little side show watching this dude( who is supposed to play Jesus in the upcoming play in about 30 mins) make pottery and tell stories. I am wearing a State shirt. He points me out in the crowd and says ''And to the young man in the back wearing the Mississippi State shirt, this is Hogs country my friend''

IMissJack
06-15-2019, 06:48 PM
They were a big deal in the old SW conference when TX was "their" huge rival and OU was TX's rival. It is stadium envy.

RocketDawg
06-15-2019, 07:04 PM

Well, that's OK. I still have trouble thinking of them (and SC) as SEC teams, after 30 years. At best they're still the new kids on the block.

Cooterpoot
06-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Other than A&M, weirdest bunch of 17rs you’ll ever see.

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2019, 07:33 PM
When I was about 15 years old I went to Eureka Springs Arkansas to see The Great Passion play with my grandparents. We are sitting at this little side show watching this dude( who is supposed to play Jesus in the upcoming play in about 30 mins) make pottery and tell stories. I am wearing a State shirt. He points me out in the crowd and says ''And to the young man in the back wearing the Mississippi State shirt, this is Hogs country my friend''

I have no problem believing that at all. They are something.....special. The funny thing is, they aren't on our radar, and never have been. It must suck not to have a rival.

Skydawg1
06-15-2019, 07:44 PM
I've spent some time there. You aren't kidding.Brother used to live in LR and my SIL lves in NWAR. I get plenty of upig exposure every year. They think they are the center of the universe. Especially up in NW. They even frown on you if you're from anywhere else in Arkansas.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2019, 07:47 PM
I have no problem believing that at all. They are something.....special. The funny thing is, they aren't on our radar, and never have been. It must suck not to have a rival.

And it got a riveting response from the crowd. I didnt know what to say, do I talk back to a make believe Jesus or do I just sit there. I just sat there

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Inbreeding...it's fantastic.

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2019, 07:49 PM
''And to the young man in the back wearing the Mississippi State shirt, this is Hogs country my friend''

Should have replied you figured that out when you saw his wife a few minutes ago.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Should have replied you figured that out when you saw his wife a few minutes ago.

They wouldve damned my soul to hell for eternity

DancingRabbit
06-15-2019, 08:20 PM
It was pretty ugly back in the late 90s and early aughts. I think it was more basketball fueled back then - Stans and Nolan going at it.

There was a Little Rock lawyer that ran one of their early message boards and he really hated us.

AlSwearengen
06-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Other than A&M, weirdest bunch of 17rs you’ll ever see.

Yep. Hillbilly chromosome syndrome.

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Hey Swine, wrong bus.

Todd4State
06-15-2019, 09:00 PM

And you pretty much nailed it. I'll go further and say that everyone in the SEC West and almost the entire SEC have nice stadiums. We just happen to have the best. And some are handling it better than others.

Drugs Delaney
06-15-2019, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=DancingRabbit;1118183]It was pretty ugly back in the late 90s and early aughts. I think it was more basketball fueled back then - Stans and Nolan going at it.

There was a Little Rock lawyer that ran one of their early message boards and he really hated us.[/QUOTE. They have never gotten over Hazelwood?s kick they knocked them out of the Tennessee rematch

deadheaddawg
06-15-2019, 11:54 PM
Someone should Photoshop an FSU bumper sticker over it

StarkvilleGuru
06-16-2019, 08:24 AM
Without a true geographic rival, Arkansas is trying to make a real hatred rivalry happen. It's a shame that it's so one-sided.

Maroonthirteen
06-16-2019, 08:50 AM
Good point.

Ark tried to make LSU their rival in football. One of their former players/now fan media made up the trophy and has made another trophy for the Missouri game.

lefty96
06-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Yep. 21 years in central Arkansas. I regularly get ugly comments on shirts or flipped off on the road for my alumni sticker. It?s absurd.