PDA

View Full Version : CWS has started

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Michigan and TT have both had players crush a baseball and both died short of the track. Doesn't pay to be a team that lives and dies by the long ball.

VandelayIndustries
06-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Michigan and TT have both had players crush a baseball and both died short of the track. Doesn't pay to be a team that lives and dies by the long ball.

Michigan guy smoked that ball, Got to hit line drives at this park

ETA: Hopefully we get this broadcast crew tomorrow

Hambone
06-15-2019, 01:59 PM
We can only hope. However, we probably will end up with Eduardo “mush mouth “ Perez

VandelayIndustries
06-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Still early but feels like TT goes 2 and Q every year

MaroonFlounder
06-15-2019, 02:11 PM
TT with the true Freshman starter that is struggling a bit. If JT can pitch without discomfort and not be swallowed up by the gravity of the moment, I think this can be a VERY successful trip to Omaha.

MarketingBully
06-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Coach Lem said this today, “JT looks as good as we’ve seen him.” Win game 1 with Small, pitch JT in game 2 and finish it off with Peyton in game 3. Set your rotation up for the championship series and bring home the trophy. If JT is looking as good as they’ve seen him, we are winning it all boys.

Cowbell
06-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Coach Lem said this today, ?JT looks as good as we?ve seen him.? Win game 1 with Small, pitch JT in game 2 and finish it off with Peyton in game 3. Set your rotation up for the championship series and bring home the trophy. If JT is looking as good as they?ve seen him, we are winning it all boys.

Give me Plumlee, the SR, in game 2. He has earned it.

MaroonFlounder
06-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Looking at that HR by Cline of TT makes me think that Mangum needs the approach at the plate that he had as Freshman and Soph. There wasn't a pitch that Jake didn't think he could hit. We used to bitch a little about Mangum not being patient at the plate. That HR by the TT kid was off a pitch way down and inside that a lot of LH hitters love. Not saying that Jake could hit it out of TDA park, but he could drive pitches like that for doubles, which is what wins in Omaha.

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2019, 03:54 PM

It's why Arkansas won't win it

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Give me Plumlee, the SR, in game 2. He has earned it.

I like Ginn game 2 and Plumlee if we have an elimination game.

My personal opinion is that with 2 weeks off, Ginn will throw the crap out of it.

Dawg2003
06-15-2019, 04:05 PM
We are a good enough hitting team that we can do this if our pitching can just keep batters down.

HaggardDawg
06-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Drives me crazy that the CWS using our crappy MState logo on the outfield wall instead of the M over S baseball logo.

Homedawg
06-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Michigan guy smoked that ball, Got to hit line drives at this park

ETA: Hopefully we get this broadcast crew tomorrow

I bet they do the early game again. That's what they did last year and then Ben went home early and we were stuck w Eduardo who sucks

Homedawg
06-15-2019, 04:22 PM
I like Ginn game 2 and Plumlee if we have an elimination game.

My personal opinion is that with 2 weeks off, Ginn will throw the crap out of it.

I like plumlee due to the fact he can come back and throw again once more if not twice in some capacity. Ginn is going to be one start and maybe an inning or two later if we are lucky.

Cooterpoot
06-15-2019, 04:35 PM
TT is toast and they played poorly. Big 12 is still a conference void of much pitching. Michigan is scrappy but they’re not impressive otherwise. Good to see seeded teams lose.

RougeDawg
06-15-2019, 04:35 PM
I bet they do the early game again. That's what they did last year and then Ben went home early and we were stuck w Eduardo who sucks

Yes. Eddy and Peterson typically do game 2 of the day. This crew is much more fun to listen to and provides some unique insight. Peterson likes to get too technical on things that are irrelevant to what just happened.

Homedawg
06-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Hope people realize after this game, nothing is a given. All 8 teams can play

RougeDawg
06-15-2019, 04:52 PM
Hope people realize after this game, nothing is a given. All 8 teams can play

All 8 can definitely play. There are 3-4 teams that are noticeable better than the other 4. One team (Michigan) has been living on the edge all postseason.

Homedawg
06-15-2019, 05:45 PM
All 8 can definitely play. There are 3-4 teams that are noticeable better than the other 4. One team (Michigan) has been living on the edge all postseason.

Agree w this. Michigan pitching, from what I've seen in 4 games has been legit. Offensively, they aren't that great. But credit to em.

gravedigger
06-15-2019, 06:20 PM

And are doing it in the winners bracket now.

RougeDawg
06-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Arkansas has all these homeruns. Is their park smaller than most or just play small due to winds and orientation? These guys are not huge boppers.

RougeDawg
06-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Hell of a play by Flowers. CF for FSU.

preachermatt83
06-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Coach Lem said this today, ?JT looks as good as we?ve seen him.? Win game 1 with Small, pitch JT in game 2 and finish it off with Peyton in game 3. Set your rotation up for the championship series and bring home the trophy. If JT is looking as good as they?ve seen him, we are winning it all boys.

I think you are mistaken Marketing... if you are speaking of his brief media time today, that was in response to a question about Jack Eagan...not JT.

Skydawg1
06-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Arkansas has all these homeruns. Is their park smaller than most or just play small due to winds and orientation? These guys are not huge boppers.Baum plays small. It faces South, so gets a lot of Northern winds and they take advantage of it.

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Really hope FSU can take them down this game.

Goldendawg
06-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Hope the Hogs and Native American wanna be's go at least 12 innings.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Omaha, where fly balls go to die

The Federalist Engineer
06-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Down go the Hogs, 0-1 to Free Shoes U

Todd4State
06-15-2019, 10:10 PM
I like plumlee due to the fact he can come back and throw again once more if not twice in some capacity. Ginn is going to be one start and maybe an inning or two later if we are lucky.

I feel like this is a safer route for us. We know Plumlee is 100% plus that's probably a better match up for us right now.

shoeless joe
06-15-2019, 10:29 PM
I noticed Martin pulled Parrish after the 8th...fool me once, etc...

RougeDawg
06-16-2019, 12:07 AM
Baum plays small. It faces South, so gets a lot of Northern winds and they take advantage of it.

Makes sense that the false idols fall short once they have to play at the altar.