PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Out of all our sports, baseball def has the most different uni combinations.

What are yall's? I like the white jersey, pants with Maroon pinstripes and the cursive State across the chest the most. I am also a big fan of the 85 look we rock on Fridays. My least favorite was probably the grey half jerseys although they arent terrible.

RocketDawg
06-12-2019, 07:48 PM
I don't care for the black ones, but I think they're the only ones with names on the back. And if a person is superstitious, they seem to help in winning games.

Personally, I prefer traditional uniforms with button-up shirts instead of pullovers, the pinstripes among others fits that bill.

Mjoelner34
06-12-2019, 08:26 PM
This jersey hands down but with the maroon hat.
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/QmZlWninUWz8-odu8U14CESEgxs=/0x0:600x400/1220x813/filters:focal(0x0:600x400):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/31443517/bk4r_ziiyae18ll.0.jpg

ETA: Like many others in this thread, I HATE the sleeveless vests. I prefer any version of our sleeved button up jerseys followed by sleeved pullovers. I'd rather us wear white t-shirts with numbers scribbled on the back with sharpies than to see us in those vests.

TNDawg35
06-12-2019, 08:26 PM
I wish we could see the black tops, white/grey pants, and maroon socks. I think that would be a sharp ass combo...

But personally I like the 85 tops and grey pants. I absolutely HATE the grey vest this yr.

KOdawg1
06-12-2019, 08:43 PM
The white and gray pinstripes are far and away our best uniforms, but we didn't wear the white ones much this year.

The Maroon '85s are really good, and so are the White '85s. I'm not a huge fan of the plain whites that just say "STATE", but they're not terrible.

The all blacks are awful, but we win in them and the players like them, so I can get over it. But like the previous poster said, we could slap some white or gray pants with them, and they'd be fine. But oh well.

monroedawg5646
06-12-2019, 09:01 PM
For me it?s the white pins with the cursive State. I do miss the white pins with the MS though. Outside of that I would say the white 85s, but I would love to see white pant with the goofy maroon and white elastic band and the stirrup socks to throw it all the way back.

monroedawg5646
06-12-2019, 09:02 PM
For me it?s the white pins with the cursive State. I do miss the white pins with the MS though. Outside of that I would say the white 85s, but I would love to see white pant with the goofy maroon and white elastic band and the stirrup socks to throw it all the way back. While we are at,might as well bring the black magic Easton.

Dawg61
06-12-2019, 09:02 PM
I'm partial to the ones in my pic

Mac Banks
06-12-2019, 09:10 PM
My ranking:
1. White pins with M over S (have not worn this year)
2. White pins with ?State? (have not worn in a while this year)
3. Maroon 1985?s with gray pants
4. The recently new white ?STATE? uniforms
5. All White 1985?s
6. Maroon 1985?s with white pants
7. Gray pins..... not a big fan.
8. Black.... i like them if we win in them though.

Homedawg
06-12-2019, 09:44 PM
My ranking:
1. White pins with M over S (have not worn this year)
2. White pins with ?State? (have not worn in a while this year)
3. Maroon 1985?s with gray pants
4. The recently new white ?STATE? uniforms
5. All White 1985?s
6. Maroon 1985?s with white pants
7. Gray pins..... not a big fan.
8. Black.... i like them if we win in them though.

Black is the worst. It I get it we are winning in them. So go right ahead partial to the 85's. Like the rest thought except not a fan of sleeveless. But everyone has differing opinions. Don't think any look bad. Just matter of taste for sure.

Todd4State
06-12-2019, 10:12 PM
If I was the athletic director of baseball we would be wearing:

1. The pinstripes with the MS baseball logo on the chest that we wore in 2013 for special games. Special being defined as opening day, senior day, the Governor's Cup, playing USM in Jackson, playing in Biloxi, playing Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama and SBW, a game to clinch the SEC, the SEC Tournament Championship Game, the Regional Championship Game, the SR, and CWS/CWS Finals. These would essentially be our "Gold jerseys" like what LSU wears. Also can be worn any other games that we deem special.

Gray pinstripes for the special road games as outlined above.

2. Fridays- Maroon 1985 jerseys with white pants at home and Maroon 1985's with gray pants for Friday road games.

3. Saturdays- White 1985 jerseys with maroon lettering and numbers with white pants. And why this doesn't exist I don't know- but for road Saturday games a gray version of the 1985 jersey with maroon lettering and numbers and gray pants for road games.

4. Sundays- Nickleblack for both home and road. The team likes them and they are sort of an ancient throwback. MSU used to wear black in baseball in the early 1900's.

5. Tuesdays- I'm going with the 1989 uniform that we wore for much of 2016 which to me looks like the Detroit Tigers with the MS baseball logo on the chest because of the piping. The counterpart would be the gray uniforms with Mississippi State spelled out across the chest that we wore in 1989 as well and throughout the 1990's and 2000's.

6. Wednesdays- We're probably playing a SWAC team or UT-Martin so I'm going to go real basic. We would wear maroon tops with the MS logo on the chest and white pants at home and maroon tops with gray pants on the road. We wore this a lot in 2013.

7. Thursdays that aren't deemed special games and also a midweek game designated as local fan day- the pinstripes with the cursive "State" written across the chest. Local fan day would be a game to thank all of the local fans that come to all the games that support the team.

8. And now the I know I'm in the minority but I have to the power to do what I want in this hypothetical situation pick and I'm going to do it damn it- the Mossy Oak 1985's for one midweek game only.

9. We can probably slip in Alex Wilcox, St. Patty's Day, and Mardi Gras special uniforms as needed too.

This above would be our best uniform season in MSU history. And that's just the reality of the situation.

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2019, 10:31 AM
The white 85's are legit. I cant remember the last time we wore them though

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-13-2019, 12:58 PM
Out of all our sports, baseball def has the most different uni combinations.

What are yall's? I like the white jersey, pants with Maroon pinstripes and the cursive State across the chest the most. I am also a big fan of the 85 look we rock on Fridays. My least favorite was probably the grey half jerseys although they arent terrible.

The gray pinstripes is the best uni we have imo..Scratch that..I forgot about the white pins with Maroon script "State" on the front.

bigplayslay
06-14-2019, 02:55 PM
If we could just use white pants with black pins for the black jerseys I wouldn't hate them. The black pants ruin the uniform for me. It cracks me up that our team loves them though.

gravedigger
06-14-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't care for the black ones, but I think they're the only ones with names on the back. And if a person is superstitious, they seem to help in winning games.

Personally, I prefer traditional uniforms with button-up shirts instead of pullovers, the pinstripes among others fits that bill.

Amen, rocket.