PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Trip Advice

EdDawg
06-12-2019, 10:45 AM
My wife and I have decided to make the trip to Omaha for our games Sunday and Tuesday. Any advice on the trip will be greatly appreciated.

So far this is our plan...

Hotel: Staying in Lincoln and driving to Omaha for the games. Is parking difficult? I see parking passes online for $30 a game, is that reasonable?

Tickets: seems like most people say to wait until an hour before the game to buy tickets for cheaper. What are the best apps/websites to use?

We will be driving up from Brookhaven.

StarkVegasSteve
06-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Go ahead and download the PrimeSports App. That's the best way to get tickets and they come straight to your phone and they scan your phone at the gate.

Randolph Dupree
06-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Stay in Council Bluffs. It's 5 minutes to the stadium if you are close to the river. They may have changed it, but I've been the last three times we've been to the CWS and was able to get a room for $120-$150/night.

Also, you can get a booklet of GA tickets for $90. There is one ticket for each game. There is a grocery store chain there called Hi-Vee (i think that's right). Go to customer service and you can buy them there. No lines no scalpers and a legit ticket for every game.

No matter what anyone says, you will get a seat. You might not get the absolute best seat but you won't get left out. The point is, don't kill yourself standing in line for 4-hours to see a game. That whole rush on tickets and massive line thing was started by our fans in 2013.

onewoof
06-12-2019, 02:02 PM
https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?200687-Ticket-and-travel-recommendations-for-CWS&p=1631306&viewfull=1#post1631306

notsofarawaydawg
06-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Per the Bus Driver (EK) who drove to Omaha today, the best route around the flooded roads is:

St. Louis, Kansas City, I-29 North to St. Joe. At St. Joe take I-229 North to Hwy 36 West to Hwy 75 North. Mostly 2 lane on 35 & 75 but 65mph speed limit. Patrolled, so watch your speed.

trojandawg
06-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Just be mindful if there is a delay in game 1 of that day you may still be in line waiting to get in after the game starts. Happened to several last year.

My advice depending on how many games you plan to watch is to do the lottery in the morning or find you good seats online if only catching a couple of our games only.

trojandawg
06-12-2019, 06:48 PM
We also stayed in west Omaha for pretty cheap and lots of restaurants. Didn?t take long to get downtown either or back out to hotel. Easier Uber ride or drive. Plenty of parking.

Go hang out downtown. Lots of things catering to the cws crowd

Saltydog
06-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Here's my recommendation. If flying, fly into Kansas City. Much cheaper than flying directly to Omaha right now. Rooms in Omaha are outrageously high and Kansas City is not that far away (3 hours, max.). I'm actually staying in KC Saturday night and will get up Sunday a.m. and drive over to Omaha. Got a Holiday Inn for $100/night in KC versus about $230 min. in Omaha. All rooms are pricey right now in Omaha. Council Bluffs too. It's supply/demand and they take full advantage of it. I had already booked rooms earlier in the week but booked at refundable rates. Hotels were all booked yesterday but today some rooms have opened up and you may save some money.