PDA

View Full Version : If you had to place a bet...

wild_dawg
06-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Where does our season end in Omaha? It's baseball so you never know, but I sure wouldn't pick against us. What happened in that 9th inning Sunday makes you really wonder if this is finally the year. I think it could be but we will see...

Liverpooldawg
06-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Heart says we win it all. Head says we go down to Vandy.

Marvin
06-11-2019, 08:52 AM
Since Vandy and Louisville have to match up, I’d say we have the best odds to make the finals from our side.

Arkansas is probably the pre-tournament favorite with their weaker path.

shoeless joe
06-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Ark will play us or vandy in the finals

Scared_Hitless
06-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Two options for me, if we make it to the final series we are winning the whole thing. I truly believe that, but we could easily lose to Vandy and finish top 4. I say we beat Auburn then if we beat Vandy you have to like how we are set up.

Jarius
06-11-2019, 09:25 AM
I honestly think we are the best team in the tournament with the advancement of Plumlee. He has been a complete game changer for our pitching staff. I feel like we have the better team every time we take the field against anyone we play with our starting pitching rotation. Our lineup is really solid all the way through offensively as most are in Omaha, but no one in the country has 3 pitchers that can shut people down the way ours can. It's really remarkable how complete this team is right now. If I had to make a bet with a gun to my head I would honestly pick MSU to win it and feel I gave myself the best chance possible.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-11-2019, 10:47 AM
If Ginn comes back and can go 5 or 6 innings each in 2 outings then that gives us the inside track on a NC. If he can not then I think we finish 3rd or 4th. I believe FSU has been to the CWS 22 times total and has never won it. A few of those Seminole teams were hands down the favorite a few of those years but they have yet to win it all. So, being the favorite at Omaha doesn?t mean much up there most of the time.

Jack Lambert
06-11-2019, 10:50 AM
We played Vandy one time and it was a 1-0 affair. Our batting has picked back up. We meet again we will beat them.

Randolph Dupree
06-11-2019, 10:57 AM
We win it all. Been on that train all year and not getting off of it now.

Kingbarkus
06-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Vandy did play at Louisville in a midweek late season game, btw. 6-2 Vandy with midweek pitching for both teams.

gravedigger
06-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Where does our season end in Omaha? It's baseball so you never know, but I sure wouldn't pick against us. What happened in that 9th inning Sunday makes you really wonder if this is finally the year. I think it could be but we will see...

I think our game translates well to that park.

msbulldog
06-11-2019, 12:20 PM
We played Vandy one time and it was a 1-0 affair. Our batting has picked back up. We meet again we will beat them.

Yeah and that was the day after a 17 inning game. We got Vandy!

smootness
06-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Heart says we win it all. Head says we go down to Vandy.

This is where I am. I said during the LSU loss in the SECT when everybody was Eeyore-ing the crap out of the place that we would go to Omaha and then gave us a 30% chance of winning it all once we got there. I still think that's pretty accurate. I think we have about a 45% chance of making the Finals and a 60% chance or so of winning that if we get there. I know those %s are inflated, our actual chance is probably more like 20%, but I'm a homer so there it is.

Quaoarsking
06-11-2019, 12:24 PM
We beat Florida State in the finals and everyone groans about how we ruined Mike Martin's storybook ending #whocares

Saltydog
06-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Everybody is worried about Vandy and not one word was said about Auburn. They are playing terrific baseball right now and I' not

smootness
06-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Everybody is worried about Vandy and not one word was said about Auburn. They are playing terrific baseball right now and I' not

Any opponent can beat you, and they are definitely playing well. Won't be an easy out. But we should beat them. We are the clearly better team. Not the case for Vandy.