PDA

View Full Version : Last nights ump

stalkingpoon
06-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Is on Facebook bragging about teaching Elijah a lesson. Called his trot a weak move. What a POS.

wasabaka
06-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Link? Screenshot?

dantheman4248
06-10-2019, 08:31 PM
But we need the receipts.

starkvegasdawg
06-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Mac never even gave him a glance. I'm sure he really learned his lesson.

stalkingpoon
06-10-2019, 08:32 PM

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 08:38 PM
What's his name?

Goldendawg
06-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Wow. If true, the NCAA should suspend him. That is totally unprofessional of an "adult" calling a playoff game of student-athletes in any sport.

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 08:47 PM
What's his name?

Frank Sylvester I think.

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 08:48 PM
Seriously, what's his name. Screw this blacked out bullshit. If he wants to steal the spotlight during the game and run his mouth on social media, there is no reason to keep it secret.

He wants to be the center of attention, then let's do it. Make his socail media life so bad get quits Facebook and with any luck get him fired.

Screw him

Todd4State
Wow. If true, the NCAA should suspend him. That is totally unprofessional of an "adult" calling a playoff game of student-athletes in any sport.

Yeah- it sounds like he is the one that needs a lesson. If this is true and not a troll Facebook account or something like that.

GreenheadDawg
Yeh that’s garbage. NCAA needs to see this.

deadheaddawg
Frank Sylvester I think.

Thanks. I think you posted that as I was typing lol

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Yeh that’s garbage. NCAA needs to see this.

Agree. Totally unprofessional on his part. Someone should bring it to Cohen's attention and the NCAA director of officials. Again- though we need to make sure that this is really him.

Commercecomet24
06-10-2019, 08:51 PM
That's bush league of him. He should've kept his behind out of macs way and let the kid enjoy the moment. Nobody came to see that jerk umpire.

Dawg2003
06-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Seriously, what's his name. Screw this blacked out bullshit. If he wants to steal the spotlight during the game and run his mouth on social media, there is no reason to keep it secret.

He wants to be the center of attention, then let's do it. Make his socail media life so bad get quits Facebook and with any luck get him fired.

Screw him

Did the ump say something on social media?

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Here is his profile

https://m.facebook.com/frank.sylvester.14

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 08:52 PM
That's bush league of him. He should've kept his behind out of macs way and let the kid enjoy the moment. Nobody came to see that jerk umpire.

Truth be told I was too busy going completely nuts at the stadium to even notice.

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Here is his profile

https://m.facebook.com/frank.sylvester.14
Ah Temple. Among their proud alumni- Bill Cosby.

starkvegasdawg
06-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Truth be told I was too busy going completely nuts at the stadium to even notice.

So was Mac.

TUSK
06-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Well, that official just removed ANY room for doubt if he's still yakkin' to a 20something on Social Media...

Jeesh...

Commercecomet24
06-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Well, that official just removed ANY room for doubt if he's still yakkin' to a 20something on Social Media...

Jeesh...

Yep, right on!

Goldendawg
06-10-2019, 09:08 PM
This is becoming a bigger problem at many sports. The refs trying to be in the spotlight and often change the direction of the outcome. If this is on facebook, he needs to go.

WinningIsRelentless
06-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Google him. Apparently he had issues last year also

Pollodawg
06-10-2019, 09:20 PM
He’s on Facebook openly admitting that he hates the job but loves the money. Sounds like a grade A anus. Your typical “I’m smarter than all of these hillbillies” Yankee.

DLGDawg
06-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Anyway to reply without being his ?friend??

DLGDawg
06-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Yep. For him to say anything to that kid, in that magical moment for him personally, and magic moment for all of Dawg nation is absolutely pathetic. No wonder he doesn?t get the Omaha call!!!!!!

He’s on Facebook openly admitting that he hates the job but loves the money. Sounds like a grade A anus. Your typical “I’m smarter than all of these hillbillies” Yankee.

shoeless joe
06-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Well I change my opinion about this situation completely.

When an umpire is a complete clown show you imagine that they have this guys mind set. Most don’t but obviously this jack wagon fits the profile

stalkingpoon
06-10-2019, 09:40 PM

StarkvilleGuru
06-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Is it really any surprise that some asshole from Philly thinks he is better than us?

mstatefan91
06-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Rosebowl on facebook is saying that it is being addressed and Matt Wyatt on twitter is insinuating the same thing. The guy may have officiated his last game for the NCAA in Division 1.

deadheaddawg
06-11-2019, 12:57 AM
https://twitter.com/esim3400/status/1138252786594828288

DLGDawg
06-11-2019, 10:49 PM
2.07 million views?
Is that correct? Wow.

https://twitter.com/esim3400/status/1138252786594828288

StateDawg44
06-12-2019, 09:53 AM
2.07 million views?
Is that correct? Wow.

Think of how many people follow MLB on twitter. Plus, it's not just MSU fans who think the ump is a fun sponge.

Hell I've probably watched it 25 times.

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2019, 10:22 AM
What a loser. Its not about you jackass

R2Dawg
06-12-2019, 02:20 PM
I noticed that live and thought what a jerk who should never call an MSU game again because he obviously has an issue. Mac didn't taunt Stanford and was excited and had to celebrate the moment. Bush league move by Ump.

gravedigger
06-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Is on Facebook bragging about teaching Elijah a lesson. Called his trot a weak move. What a POS.

IF....and on the internet that is certainly a big one.....that is the same guy and not some catfish....it's not worth getting mad about.

His embarrassment is in not acting like an umpire. Other umpires understand that.

Mac had his fun. We did too.

mstatefan91
06-12-2019, 02:53 PM
IF....and on the internet that is certainly a big one.....that is the same guy and not some catfish....it's not worth getting mad about.

His embarrassment is in not acting like an umpire. Other umpires understand that.

It's not an if. It was him and it has already been addressed.

Hot Rock
06-12-2019, 02:58 PM
It's not an if. It was him and it has already been addressed.

how? and by whom to what outcome?

deadheaddawg
06-12-2019, 03:33 PM

It's not an if. It's definitely him

And for me it's not so much about "getting mad" as it is making sure everyone realizes that an NCAA umpire is openly calling a collage athlete "weak" and he is openly saying he doesn't like his job and only doing it for the money

So it's not about being mad. It's about holding him accountable. Making sure his bosses know what's going on....and hopefully getting him fired.

He doesn't need to be an umpire. Period.

mstatefan91
06-12-2019, 04:08 PM
how? and by whom to what outcome?

Rosebowl on facebook is saying that it is being addressed and Matt Wyatt on twitter is insinuating the same thing. The guy may have officiated his last game for the NCAA in Division 1.
Said this two days ago...

Goldendawg
06-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Update on how it was addressed would be appreciated. Has he taken down his "weak" statement from Facebook about a student/athlete in a game that he called and was supposed to be impartial? The game is about the players not jerk officials who want their 15 or more minutes of fame! Hail State!

RocketDawg
06-12-2019, 07:43 PM

And for me it's not so much about "getting mad" as it is making sure everyone realizes that an NCAA umpire is openly calling a collage athlete "weak" and he is openly saying he doesn't like his job and only doing it for the money

So it's not about being mad. It's about holding him accountable. Making sure his bosses know what's going on....and hopefully getting him fired.

Do you mean fired from his regular job as an "account executive" (everybody's an "executive" these days)? If so, it doesn't rise to that by a long shot. Reprimanded and maybe removed from umpiring? Probably. But not fired from his day job ... unless his total jackassery bleeds into that job too.

What he apparently did is certainly an abuse of his perceived power. But I have to ask ... how do we know what he said? Maybe he was just congratulating him. **

robert
06-12-2019, 08:17 PM
With this guy's attitude (don't like the game, just doing it for the money, weak kid), Mr Sylvester would make a better census taker than umpire next season. geez!

deadheaddawg
06-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Do you mean fired from his regular job as an "account executive" (everybody's an "executive" these days)? If so, it doesn't rise to that by a long shot. Reprimanded and maybe removed from umpiring? Probably. But not fired from his day job ... unless his total jackassery bleeds into that job too.

What he apparently did is certainly an abuse of his perceived power. But I have to ask ... how do we know what he said? Maybe he was just congratulating him. **

No. His job as an ump. I don't care about his day job. He might be good at that.

He should not be an umpire. What he did on the field Sunday night was bad...and his umpire bosses need to be aware....but when he went online calling Macnamee "weak" and talking about how he doesn't like being an umpire, he crossed a line and made it very clear.

He should be fired. He is not a professional ump.

gravedigger
06-13-2019, 09:35 AM

I just tend to not believe things I read on Facebook as a rule. That said, the umps actions are embarrassing to himself and his crew. So much so that I?ll bet he isn?t a welcome member of any crew. He will get his longed for attention.

It was so brief and disregarded by Mac that I can?t find the energy to give it much more attention than a couple of posts.

deadheaddawg
06-13-2019, 10:19 AM
I just tend to not believe things I read on Facebook as a rule. That said, the umps actions are embarrassing to himself and his crew. So much so that I?ll bet he isn?t a welcome member of any crew. He will get his longed for attention.

It was so brief and disregarded by Mac that I can?t find the energy to give it much more attention than a couple of posts.

Ok. But this was posted on Facebook BY THE UMPIRE HIMSELF. It's not some screen shot. Go to his Facebook profile and it's right there for you to read yourself if you don't believe it.

He is on Facebook calling Macnamee weak and saying he hates being an umpire.

Thats 100% true and imho he should not be an ump.

Maybe I have a little more energy than you, but I hope he's umpiring career is over