PDA

View Full Version : Think winning the first game in the Supers is important?

MarketingBully
06-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Michigan (won first game)
Texas Tech (won first game)
Arkansas (won first game)
Florida State (won first game)
Vandy
Louisville (won first game)
MSU (won first game)
Auburn (won first game)

That?s 7/8 teams...

RougeDawg
06-10-2019, 06:36 PM
78-79% of game one winners make Omaha. This year was right about as average as you can get with only 8 series.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-10-2019, 06:49 PM
78-79% of game one winners make Omaha. This year was right about as average as you can get with only 8 series.

Yea, pretty sure 6/8 is closer 78-79% than 7/8.

smootness
06-10-2019, 06:50 PM

That's basically right where it would be even if every game was a pure toss-up. The team who wins game 1 in that case would win 1 of the next 2 75% of the time.

RougeDawg
06-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Yea, pretty sure 6/8 is closer 78-79% than 7/8.

6/8 is 75%. Simple math. That?s why I threw in its as close as you can get with only 8 games. Winning 6 of 8 would be below average.

Been 7/8 the last two years. I’ll go back later but it’s been trending up the last few years.

Homedawg
06-10-2019, 06:56 PM
6/8 is 75%. Simple math. That?s why I threw in its as close as you can get with only 8 games. Winning 6 of 8 would be below average.

Um. Well you suck at math then. Cause 7/8 is 87.5. Soo......and 6/8 is closer to average than 7/8 everyday of the week....

Hot Rock
06-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Um. Well you suck at math then. Cause 7/8 is 87.5. Soo......and 6/8 is closer to average than 7/8 everyday of the week....

I will give him a pass since he clarified it with "ABOUT" .

Homedawg
06-10-2019, 07:05 PM
I will give him a pass since he clarified it with "ABOUT" .

But it's not.... had he not doubled back I would.... just glad he's not coaching our team or handling my check book.... not good at either.

Hot Rock
06-10-2019, 07:17 PM
i think he knew that 7/8 represents 87.5% and that 6/8 is 75% and closer to the actual average of 77-78%. I give him credit for not being stupid, any fool can use a calculator even if they can't handle simple fractions and percentages in their head.

I would be more concerned about your intelligence. You may not have any common sense if you can't see the correlation of "about as close" due to the limitations of whole numbers. Common man, think outside the box a little or stop trolling.

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 08:09 PM

Maybe he didn't care much about being thar technical. Kinda like you and grammer.

Or do you suck just suck at sentence structure?

Either way is pretty absurd to start a classroom pissing match by nitpick his math if you are not even going to try to use the English language properly.

Just look at this gibberish. Is English your 1st language?

But it's not.... had he not doubled back I would.... just glad he's not coaching our team or handling my check book.... not good at either.

KOdawg1
06-10-2019, 08:19 PM

Don't be a dick

dantheman4248
06-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Know the dawgs are doing good when the bickering on the board is about stupid math shit like this.

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 08:51 PM
The funny thing is how many times has Ole Miss won game one of a SR and then lost? I can think of at least three off the top of my head.

Homedawg
06-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Don't be a dick

It's simple math.... not complicated. You know like saying we should start halter over Westie.....

Homedawg
06-10-2019, 09:14 PM
The funny thing is how many times has Ole Miss won game one of a SR and then lost? I can think of at least three off the top of my head.

Texas miami?? Those are two correct? And which other one.? Trying to remember. I should. I enjoy watching them lose.

Homedawg
06-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Maybe he didn't care much about being thar technical. Kinda like you and grammer.

Or do you suck just suck at sentence structure?

Either way is pretty absurd to start a classroom pissing match by nitpick his math if you are not even going to try to use the English language properly.

Just look at this gibberish. Is English your 1st language?

It's not sentences, that's pretty clear, note the ....... but thanks for pointing that out. Sorry I offended you pal

KOdawg1
06-10-2019, 09:21 PM
It's simple math.... not complicated. You know like saying we should start halter over Westie.....

You're trying to be clever, but you just swung and missed because that doesn't even make any damn sense.

And I suggested doing that for one game to give Westy a restart of sorts, like it did for Rowdey earlier in the season. They ended up moving him down in the lineup which served the same purpose, and now he's hitting the piss out of the ball. Like I said, don't be a dick. We're all bulldogs here.