PDA

View Full Version : When we win it.

Lord McBuckethead
06-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Everyone of these players instantly take over my favorite at every position they play. Sorry Palmero and Clark.
There will then be two catagories, who is the best MSU centerfielder that every played at MSU, and which is the best to play and win it all.

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Not only can this team win it, they have the depth on the mound to win it through the loser's bracket like Oregon State did last year.

In past years, I've thought we had to play perfect to win in Omaha, but I think this team has some room for error. They can drop one & still win it.

Marvin
06-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Louisville taking down Vandy would be awesome

CadaverDawg
06-10-2019, 05:15 PM

1000%

smootness
06-10-2019, 05:24 PM

Oh yeah. Louisville has a solid offense and a good pen, but if they can beat Vandy and we get to face their #2 or #3 SP, we will be sitting in phenomenal shape. It would also really help us for Vandy to have to use Rocker against someone else, even if they won.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-10-2019, 10:44 PM

If Louisville can take down Vandy I want no part of Louisville

Dawgology
06-10-2019, 10:48 PM
If Louisville can take down Vandy I want no part of Louisville

Thats the spirit!!**

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah. Louisville has a solid offense and a good pen, but if they can beat Vandy and we get to face their #2 or #3 SP, we will be sitting in phenomenal shape. It would also really help us for Vandy to have to use Rocker against someone else, even if they won.

Don't confuse what you saw the other night from Rocker with who he really is.

He is an excellent young prospect, but he has many flaws.

He only struck out 68 hitters in 66 innings. Compare that to Ginn's numbers

He gave more hits than innings pitched, 68-66

He has a 4.32 ERA

Again, he's a great prospect who had everything working the other night, but he's got real real flaws. If his slider is just OK in a game, he's toast because his fastball has doodoo life on it.

Pollodawg
06-10-2019, 11:28 PM
So, here’s the debate: When we win, does Mangum and Co. replace the ‘99 and ‘14 football teams
as the face of MSU athletics. To us, maybe. But probably not the sports world overall. Dad will likely always be the face of this university simply because football is a bigger draw and probably always will be. But, does a natty trump all, especially a natty in the Big 3?

Pollodawg
06-10-2019, 11:29 PM
*Dak, not dad.

Todd4State
06-11-2019, 01:12 AM
So, here’s the debate: When we win, does Mangum and Co. replace the ‘99 and ‘14 football teams
as the face of MSU athletics. To us, maybe. But probably not the sports world overall. Dad will likely always be the face of this university simply because football is a bigger draw and probably always will be. But, does a natty trump all, especially a natty in the Big 3?

I kind of for the most part separate the sports apart. I don't really compare the baseball and football teams. If I did the baseball teams would trump most of our best football teams because they have competed on a higher stage than the football team ever has in the postseason. A National Championship for MSU would be huge in any sport. The Orange and Peach Bowl are about the equivalent of going 1-2 or 0-2 in the CWS when you factor in where each team would be ranked.

msbulldog
06-11-2019, 07:41 AM
We're a baseball school and we have been a baseball school for a very long time. Basketball in the past has had great moments also. Football is getting better, but it has a long way to go to catch baseball.

gravedigger
06-20-2019, 08:38 PM
We're a baseball school and we have been a baseball school for a very long time. Basketball in the past has had great moments also. Football is getting better, but it has a long way to go to catch baseball.

Football is quickly becoming more theater than sport.