PDA

View Full Version : Is the PAC12 overrated?

Howboutdemdogs
06-10-2019, 08:48 AM
For the life of me, having 3 PAC12 teams in the top 5 earlier this year, made me think that the voters were not really doing their work. Who do these teams play? Yeah, UCLA had the best record; followed by OSU and Stanford. Do you really think that would have held up in the SEC, let alone in the West. Now, not one team from the conference is making it to Omaha. I believe that too many writers were trying to make the PAC12 more relevant in the NCAA.

WPDawg
06-10-2019, 09:08 AM
For the life of me, having 3 PAC12 teams in the top 5 earlier this year, made me think that the voters were not really doing their work. Who do these teams play? Yeah, UCLA had the best record; followed by OSU and Stanford. Do you really think that would have held up in the SEC, let alone in the West. Now, not one team from the conference is making it to Omaha. I believe that too many writers were trying to make the PAC12 more relevant in the NCAA.

Hard to say until the games are played in the Post Season. I think the west coast has won 7 titles in the last 15 years. That's a pretty good track record to play off of. They just did not have enough this year or did not stay hot at the right time.

TNDawg35
06-10-2019, 09:17 AM
“I’d have to say yeah....”

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2019, 09:20 AM
PAC 12 lacked high level pitching this year and that was reflected in the draft.

What you saw from the conference were hitters that just weren't ready

Saltydog
06-10-2019, 09:26 AM
From judging from this weekend's scores and what they did in the NCAA tourney as a whole the easy answer is "yes". Not sure I can say one way or the other but Stanford was a damn good team. Both of those games were closer than what the score indicates, especially Saturday.

Johnson85
06-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Probably, but I don't think post season records are really that reliable of an indicator. Our SEC champion team wasn't overrated. We were good but just came up against a hot team when we weren't playing our best. It should be a fairly regular occurrence for a conference to under perform compared to their actual ability, just because there is that much randomness in the regional and super regional format.

Commercecomet24
06-10-2019, 09:57 AM
I watched the pac12 a lot and it was obvious that the pitching was way down this year. It's why they all struggled scoring runs in post season against quality pitching. It's also the reason usm beat the piss out of asu twice. Pitching was just not good there this year.

Bothrops
06-10-2019, 12:35 PM
This year it was.