PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just wow......

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2019, 01:17 AM
What a magical night! I really didn't want to do another 8pm Sunday game. I'll be one tired old dude tomorrow at work but just dang. I'm so glad I went. To all of you who were part of the crowd tonight and last night, WELL DONE. When we got rolling last night and tonight you could see it on the Stanford pitchers faces, they were rattled. What the MSU players were doing was most of it but the crowd definitely played its part. Our half of the third inning and the ninth tonight were two of the loudest moments I've ever heard at MSU, and that includes football games. That 9th was just special, Jake getting a classic Jake hit with his last at bat at the Dude and then MAC getting a home run with his, you couldn't have scripted it any better. Then Cole closing it out in his last time on that mound.....unreal moments. If you didn't go because you couldn't get a GA seat......you would have been glad you were there....standing or not. I guarantee you those who stood were glad they did.

A few more comments on the stadium: 1st the old one I've been harping on, it's dang near perfect, leave it alone. No ugly bleachers or chairbacks on the berms. They have created something that when it's packed, everyone can still see, but it looks more packed than it is. That isn't easy to do. Well done.

Now for a couple of new ones. This is sort of minor but it's still a nice touch. I have been wondering what the upward facing lights fairly low on the outfield light poles were for. I don't know if this is the purpose but it wouldn't surprise me: They highlight the grill smoke rising from the lounge in a big way. That's a really cool effect! Now for the biggie: They built this place to be LOUD. The grandstand is like those roofed English soccer stadiums. The roof and the upper deck overhang trap the sound and throw it toward the field. I KNOW that had to be deliberate. When we get rolling that place is deafening. We finally did something RIGHT at a MSU. It's stinking awesome!

Hats off to the team. NOW let's go win the whole thing. A natty is the only thing our baseball program lacks to take its rightful place amongst the true elite in college baseball. It's time.

KOdawg1
06-10-2019, 01:57 AM
What a magical night! I really didn't want to do another 8pm Sunday game. I'll be one tired old dude tomorrow at work but just dang. I'm so glad I went. To all of you who were part of the crowd tonight and last night, WELL DONE. When we got rolling last night and tonight you could see it on the Stanford pitchers faces, they were rattled. What the MSU players were doing was most of it but the crowd definitely played its part. Our half of the third inning and the ninth tonight were two of the loudest moments I've ever heard at MSU, and that includes football games. That 9th was just special, Jake getting a classic Jake hit with his last at bat at the Dude and then MAC getting a home run with his, you couldn't have scripted it any better. Then Cole closing it out in his last time on that mound.....unreal moments. If you didn't go because you couldn't get a GA seat......you would have been glad you were there....standing or not. I guarantee you those who stood were glad they did.

A few more comments on the stadium: 1st the old one I've been harping on, it's dang near perfect, leave it alone. No ugly bleachers or chairbacks on the berms. They have created something that when it's packed, everyone can still see, but it looks more packed than it is. That isn't easy to do. Well done.

Now for a couple of new ones. This is sort of minor but it's still a nice touch. I have been wondering what the upward facing lights fairly low on the outfield light poles were for. I don't know if this is the purpose but it wouldn't surprise me: They highlight the grill smoke rising from the lounge in a big way. That's a really cool effect! Now for the biggie: They built this place to be LOUD. The grandstand is like those roofed English soccer stadiums. The roof and the upper deck overhang trap the sound and throw it toward the field. I KNOW that had to be deliberate. When we get rolling that place is deafening. We finally did something RIGHT at a MSU. It's stinking awesome!

Hats off to the team. NOW let's go win the whole thing. A natty is the only thing our baseball program lacks to take its rightful place amongst the true elite in college baseball. It's time.

I was wondering the same thing. That makes sense

The only thing I'd add to the stadium (bc like you said, it's perfect) would be a ribbon scoreboard along the front of the upper deck so that the people on the right field berms and the right field loungers wouldn't have to turn to see the score, count, batter, etc. I know they added one in the bullpen, but a ribbon scoreboard would make it feel even more like an MLB ballpark.

Tonight was phenomenal. I'm honestly speechless.

DancingRabbit
06-10-2019, 02:21 AM
The University, the team and the fans showed out big-time. The New Dude has hit this unique space in baseball atmosphere - some pro elements, maybe a few minor league elements, but it's like a professionally managed college team. When the maroon-white cheer made their starting pitcher soil his undies - that's when I said wow.

Dawg61
06-10-2019, 02:27 AM
I really didn't want to do another 8pm Sunday game. I'll be one tired old dude tomorrow at work.

You live in Starkville. Suck it up pus$y.** jk Liverpool the new Dude really is bad ass and tonight was really fun. We win a natty everyone is gonna need to take a week off from work to recover/celebrate.

basedog
06-10-2019, 06:04 AM
It's funny when a few fans say " I wish our crowd would get into the game like Lswho"** The Dude is electric!

Great college atmosphere and a great stadium!

99jc
06-10-2019, 06:24 AM
It's funny when a few fans say " I wish our crowd would get into the game like Lswho"** The Dude is electric!

i was close enough to holler at one of the Stanford players coming back to dugout and I shouted what do you think of this Caliboy? he stopped looked up and said 17ing insane. this was louder than any baseball game ive ever attended in 50 years. Incredible. if you weren't there you don't have a clue.

BrunswickDawg
06-10-2019, 07:20 AM
I'm jealous of those of you who were there. One of my guys was up on the Rooftop and sent us a video of Mac's shot. It was unreal.

I was at the '14 Auburn #1 game - and this looks pretty neck and neck with that one. These are rare and special moments for us fellas. Soak it all in and enjoy.

fieldcorporal
06-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Somebody told me the upward lights where designed to light the underside of fly balls. I don't know, but sounds reasonable.

DownwardDawg
06-10-2019, 08:25 AM

Yeah. I read that post the other night and laughed. Bama buddy of mine said our baseball games sound like Bama football games.

StarkVegasSteve
06-10-2019, 08:25 AM
I'm jealous of those of you who were there. One of my guys was up on the Rooftop and sent us a video of Mac's shot. It was unreal.

I was at the '14 Auburn #1 game - and this looks pretty neck and neck with that one. These are rare and special moments for us fellas. Soak it all in and enjoy.

Mac's homer was one of the craziest moments I've been apart of. PERIOD. It was absolutely bat**** insane. From his reaction to the reaction of the crowd, it was truly one of those had to be there moments. Really the whole top of the 9th was amazing. From Jake leading off one final time all the way through Mac's shot. All of us there will be telling people about those moments for years to come.

BrunswickDawg
06-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Mac's homer was one of the craziest moments I've been apart of. PERIOD. It was absolutely bat**** insane. From his reaction to the reaction of the crowd, it was truly one of those had to be there moments. Really the whole top of the 9th was amazing. From Jake leading off one final time all the way through Mac's shot. All of us there will be telling people about those moments for years to come.

Hell, it was bat**** insane in my living room, DNF was something beyond that even. My daughter and her boyfriend (both State students) were watching with me and we started yelling as soon as Mac made contact. We all knew it was gone and couldn't believe it was happening. Gives me goosebumps typing about it.

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2019, 09:31 AM
You live in Starkville. Suck it up pus$y.** jk Liverpool the new Dude really is bad ass and tonight was really fun. We win a natty everyone is gonna need to take a week off from work to recover/celebrate.

Actually I don't live in Starkville. I have a decent drive to get there.

Commercecomet24
06-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Somebody told me the upward lights where designed to light the underside of fly balls. I don't know, but sounds reasonable.

That's what it's for. It's easy to lose a high fly ball at night with a standard configuration when it gets above the lights. Anyone ever chased a fly ball like that at night knows what I'm talking about lol

Percho
06-10-2019, 10:19 AM
One of the great moments on TV, were when the announcers said nothing for minutes +, just letting the moment of the loudness of the stadium speak for itself.

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2019, 10:45 AM

That makes sense. It does highlight the smoke though.

Jack Lambert
06-10-2019, 10:55 AM

You see the 1st base ref get on his ass?

Maroonthirteen
06-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Incredible night. One for the ages.... to Be revered for years to come.

basedog
06-10-2019, 05:29 PM
The home run of all time wa Burke Masters against FSU at the regional in the old Dudy! Loved the 9th inning last night!