PDA

View Full Version : Omaha starting rotation

Dawg61
06-10-2019, 12:58 AM
I'm going Small, Ginn, Plumlee in that order till we holding the trophy.

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 01:04 AM
It may very well be that. Ginn is the question mark. I might go with Ginn first and then Small in case we get Vandy and then we have our most clutch pitcher for game three. I can't remember how Ginn did against Auburn though I know that we won the game.

Homedawg
06-10-2019, 01:05 AM
It may very well be that. Ginn is the question mark. I might go with Ginn first and then Small in case we get Vandy and then we have our most clutch pitcher for game three. I can't remember how Ginn did against Auburn though I know that we won the game.

Ginn was really good against auburn if my memory is correct.

Dawg61
06-10-2019, 01:08 AM
Ginn went 7 ip 3 h 2 r 6 k's in a 15-2 rout of Auburn

Small went 6 ip 3 h 2 r 7 k's in a 5-4 loss to Auburn

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Ginn went 7 ip 3 h 2 r 6 k's in a 15-2 rout of Auburn

Small went 6 ip 3 h 2 r 7 k's in a 5-4 loss to Auburn

But Small left with a lead and the bullpen blew it. I think either would be a good choice. If he went with Plumlee I wouldn't question it either.

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 01:37 AM
And to kill the suspense Lemonis says that we will be starting Small in game one.

KOdawg1
06-10-2019, 01:49 AM
And to kill the suspense Lemonis says that we will be starting Small in game one.

Probably the smartest move. Gotta win game 1. Lose and you're screwed

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 01:52 AM
Probably the smartest move. Gotta win game 1. Lose and you're screwed

True. Plus as others have said we can use Small multiple times that way. But I will say I trust all three of our starters so I don't think there is a bad decision.

The question of when we pitch Ginn still remains and may depend on how game one goes.

MarketingBully
06-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Dawg61 is right. Small, Ginn, Plumlee, Small, Ginn and 5-0 in Omaha. Vandy has seen Small. They haven’t seen a rested Ginn. Plumlee is a senior and has experience in deciding games so we finally have a 3rd starter that can set us up to lineup our starting rotation in the championship series. All of our goals are in front of us. Now it’s up to our kids and I wouldn’t bet against them.

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2019, 07:40 AM
The main thing is that Ginn has to step up.

Things couldn't have gone much better this weekend with him not having to pitch, but we need him to step up & be JT Ginn. 94-96 with bowling ball sinkers & a wipe out slider.

If that JT shows up, it doesn't matter what order you pitch our guys in

Cooterpoot
06-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Small, Plumlee, Ginn
There?s really no discussion. We get Vandy 2nd game and Ginn isn?t a great match up there IMO. Plumlee is our #2. He?s earned that spot.

DownwardDawg
06-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Small, Plumlee, Ginn
There?s really no discussion. We get Vandy 2nd game and Ginn isn?t a great match up there IMO. Plumlee is our #2. He?s earned that spot.

This

Bdawg
06-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Small, Plumlee, Ginn

Think I go this order too.

SheltonChoked
06-10-2019, 09:00 AM
I'm going Small, Ginn, Plumlee in that order till we holding the trophy.

I'm assuming we are in Bracket 2 (Game 3 first MSU game)

I pitch Small in our fist game (game 3, Sunday 16th), Ginn in our Second (Game 8, Tuesday the 18th), Plumblee in our Third (Game 12, Friday 21st).

CWS Final:

Small game 1 June 24th
Ginn Game 2 June 25 th

Gutter Cobreh
06-10-2019, 09:47 AM
For arguments sake, say we lose a game - who is our 4th starter?

Not trying to put any bad "juju" on us, but if the consensus is that we go Small, Ginn, Plumlee - who do we put out there in our 4th game?

Commercecomet24
06-10-2019, 09:49 AM
You probably won't see JT until game 3

CadaverDawg
06-10-2019, 09:53 AM
For arguments sake, say we lose a game - who is our 4th starter?

Not trying to put any bad "juju" on us, but if the consensus is that we go Small, Ginn, Plumlee - who do we put out there in our 4th game?

Gotta be Brandon Smith. He looked pretty good when he started last time. So I'd go Smith and Johnny Wholestaff

Johnson85
06-10-2019, 10:08 AM
I'm assuming we are in Bracket 2 (Game 3 first MSU game)

I pitch Small in our fist game (game 3, Sunday 16th), Ginn in our Second (Game 8, Tuesday the 18th), Plumblee in our Third (Game 12, Friday 21st).

CWS Final:

Small game 1 June 24th
Ginn Game 2 June 25 th

That's certainly not a wrong answer, but Plumlee seems like our Number 2 right now. Even if Ginn has the higher ceiling, I'd be concerned about putting him out there in game two and him having soreness issues early and we end up burning a lot of our bullpen in game two.

Gutter Cobreh
06-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Gotta be Brandon Smith. He looked pretty good when he started last time. So I'd go Smith and Johnny Wholestaff

Thanks. Forgot about Smith. While young, he's a serviceable option. Would need 4-5 quality innings like he put up against LSU, as we desperately need to limit Johnny Wholestaff's innings throughout the tournament.

smootness
06-10-2019, 10:34 AM
That's certainly not a wrong answer, but Plumlee seems like our Number 2 right now. Even if Ginn has the higher ceiling, I'd be concerned about putting him out there in game two and him having soreness issues early and we end up burning a lot of our bullpen in game two.

While additional rest for him is seemingly great, you don't want him to go too long between outings and risk being totally rusty. It's not an easy call either way. I think Small in Game 1 is the clear right move, but after that it's trickier.

The good news is, we should be in pretty good shape no matter what we choose.

Todd4State
06-10-2019, 10:37 AM
While additional rest for him is seemingly great, you don't want him to go too long between outings and risk being totally rusty. It's not an easy call either way. I think Small in Game 1 is the clear right move, but after that it's trickier.

The good news is, we should be in pretty good shape no matter what we choose.

Since we know he has an injury or a history of one that changes the decision. I'd rather risk knocking off rust versus sending a pitcher out there that isn't 100%.

SheltonChoked
06-10-2019, 10:57 AM

Valid concern. Depends on how healthy Ginn is. I'm assuming with another full week+ of rest ( for a total of 17) he will be ok.

My thought was around that Plumblee is better suited to go in CWS final game 3 on short rest over Ginn on short rest. Pitching Ginn in game 3 limits him to just one start in the CWS or puts our strained arm freshman in the spot of winning game 3 in the CWS final...

Not a bad situation in either case.

If we are in Bracket 1

We play Saturday, Monday, Friday. (Small, Ginn, Plumblee)

Then Monday, Tuesday. (small, Gin Plumblee)

smootness
06-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Valid concern. Depends on how healthy Ginn is. I'm assuming with another full week+ of rest ( for a total of 17) he will be ok.

My thought was around that Plumblee is better suited to go in CWS final game 3 on short rest over Ginn on short rest. Pitching Ginn in game 3 limits him to just one start in the CWS or puts our strained arm freshman in the spot of winning game 3 in the CWS final...

Not a bad situation in either case.

If we are in Bracket 1

We play Saturday, Monday, Friday. (Small, Ginn, Plumblee)

Then Monday, Tuesday. (small, Gin Plumblee)

That's

This is a great point. Obviously if we lose at some point, it becomes all hands on deck and everything is scrapped. But I do think it's wise to set us up as well as possible for winning the first 3 and then being set up well for the Finals. And that may mean pitching Ginn 2nd.

smootness
06-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Since we know he has an injury or a history of one that changes the decision. I'd rather risk knocking off rust versus sending a pitcher out there that isn't 100%.

Oh, I agree. I'm assuming Ginn seems 100% by the time the decision is made. Obviously if he isn't 100%, that changes it entirely.

R2Dawg
06-10-2019, 12:52 PM
I agree with that. JT been a little inconsistent. PP has earned it. Also want Small maybe twice even if limited on second.