PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible we could get that 1st base ump in the CWS?

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 12:51 AM
I am not a Ump conspiracy guy or a blame the ref kinda guy. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But that shit was uncalled for on big Macs home run. I will be pissed if we see him again. He should be fired

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2019, 12:56 AM
What did he do? That was the same idiot that was behind the plate last night. He was the worst home plate guy I've ever seen.

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 01:04 AM
Sorry I meant to include this

https://twitter.com/emgovols/status/1137937490449436678

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2019, 01:24 AM
I could have said the same thing to him about his strike calls last night. I wanted them to flash the old Ted Knight clip from Caddieshack on the Jumbotron, WELL, WE ARE WAITING.

DancingRabbit
06-10-2019, 01:35 AM
I could have said the same thing to him about his strike calls last night. I wanted them to flash the old Ted Knight clip from Caddieshack on the Jumbotron, WELL, WE ARE WAITING.

Yeah, I threw up the Caddyshack "we're waiting" gif in my review of last night's umpiring. Like I said somewhere else, these umps were not in the right mood. Gotta feed 'em right pre-game.

But as I said last night, never saw an ump that slow to make a pitch call.

chef dixon
06-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Moment was too big for that ump. He got swallowed in it

deadheaddawg
06-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Moment was too big for that ump. He got swallowed in it

Yep. Looks like Mac just ignored him, which is exactly what he should have done. Hopefully it pissed the ump off even more

Jack Lambert
06-10-2019, 10:58 AM
I am not a Ump conspiracy guy or a blame the ref kinda guy. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But that shit was uncalled for on big Macs home run. I will be pissed if we see him again. He should be fired

He was just ready to get back to the hotel to rub one off.

WinningIsRelentless
06-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Yep. Looks like Mac just ignored him, which is exactly what he should have done. Hopefully it pissed the ump off even more

Mac actually told him he was running!

smootness
06-10-2019, 11:07 AM

Honestly, it seemed to me like Mac said something polite (potentially even an apology) as he rounded 1st. I think we're being a little hard on the ump. Sure, because of the situation it's hard to knock Mac for doing what he did. But in just about any other situation in a baseball game, his reaction to the HR was a lot. I don't have an issue, again in most situations, with the ump's intention. It would have been better if he had understood the situation more, but I don't think it's a big deal.

shoeless joe
06-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Honestly, it seemed to me like Mac said something polite (potentially even an apology) as he rounded 1st. I think we're being a little hard on the ump. Sure, because of the situation it's hard to knock Mac for doing what he did. But in just about any other situation in a baseball game, his reaction to the HR was a lot. I don't have an issue, again in most situations, with the ump's intention. It would have been better if he had understood the situation more, but I don't think it's a big deal.

Mac pimped it no doubt...I don’t blame him. If this was the bigs he’d wear one in the pocket his next time up, and he’d deserve it.

But it is in no way shape or form the umps job to yell at the player in that situation. Like others have said he got swallowed up in the moment and atmosphere and had a poor reaction to it. I’ve reacted poorly myself in certain moments during a game and as long as a grudge isn’t held either way it’s really not that big of a deal v

msudawglb
06-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Mac pimped it no doubt...I don’t blame him. If this was the bigs he’d wear one in the pocket his next time up, and he’d deserve it.

But it is in no way shape or form the umps job to yell at the player in that situation. Like others have said he got swallowed up in the moment and atmosphere and had a poor reaction to it. I’ve reacted poorly myself in certain moments during a game and as long as a grudge isn’t held either way it’s really not that big of a deal v

The ump was trying to keep from having any retaliation by the other team. I get it. Mac's celebration was borderline excessive. And go back to the 7th inning when Plumlee stared down the dugout when he caught the line drive and got the guy out at first. He even did his hands as "come on, bring it" towards the Stanford dugout. That too was too much. We were pumped up but we also showed up the Stanford team a couple times.

smootness
06-10-2019, 11:26 AM

It is the ump's job to tell the player not to do it, if it's something the player shouldn't do. Sure, he shouldn't yell, but it's hard to know if he was yelling in anger or if he was yelling simply because the place was insanely loud. Again, I'm not saying the ump did the right thing. In that situation, he should probably just let it go. But I can't fault him too much.

Cooterpoot
06-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Ump was lost in it all. Trying too hard to do his job right. Not a big deal to me.

WinningIsRelentless
06-10-2019, 11:47 AM

It is the ump's job to tell the player not to do it, if it's something the player shouldn't do. Sure, he shouldn't yell, but it's hard to know if he was yelling in anger or if he was yelling simply because the place was insanely loud. Again, I'm not saying the ump did the right thing. In that situation, he should probably just let it go. But I can't fault him too much.
As a umpire the only ump that should have said something was the plate ump. Mac was moving at the time Cordill said something.