PDA

View Full Version : My dad...

Tripp McNeely
06-09-2019, 11:22 PM
So, my mom and i spread some of dad's ashes in a little grotto-type area near the Chapel of Memories this afternoon. He loved that place...I can't imagine what the smile on his face looks like right now

deadheaddawg
06-09-2019, 11:42 PM
Best thread I've seen in a while. Hail State to your pop

GreenheadDawg
06-09-2019, 11:43 PM
That’s awesome. I’m trying to make the first trip up there with my dad. Can’t let these moments pass you by. God bless your dad.

Commercecomet24
06-10-2019, 12:13 AM
That's awesome! HAILSTATE for your Dad!

Bothrops
06-10-2019, 12:56 AM
God bless your family. Hail State!!!

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2019, 01:30 AM
Mine passed a few years ago. He loved MSU and he is smiling big time tonight. He was on my mind these past two weekends. I've spent the games at the Dude with my just graduated son. Back in 1985 I had just graduated and my Dad and I spent the Regional games at the OLD, old Dude together watching Ralph, Will, Jeff, Gator, Roark, Dan, Bobby, Harold, and the rest of that fantastic team. Good times then and good times now. Hopefully mine can do it at the next version, or the next, with his son.

R2Dawg
06-10-2019, 12:46 PM
So, my mom and i spread some of dad's ashes in a little grotto-type area near the Chapel of Memories this afternoon. He loved that place...I can't imagine what the smile on his face looks like right now

My dad passed away last year this month after a tough battle with cancer. During our run last year, his only break and enjoyment of the day was watching the run MSU went on last year. Mac homering and the run we are on again was just fitting a year later. Dad enjoying from heaven this year.

confucius say
06-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Dusty on a Monday in here

Howboutdemdogs
06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
That is so wonderful to read!!!!

State82
06-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Outstanding. No words.

Goldendawg
06-10-2019, 06:14 PM
My Dad had a subdural hematoma the last year of his life and had to learn to read, write, and talk again. He was a SuperDawg from the beginnings of the Bulldog Club. One of the last years under Jackie (still my favorite MSU Coach), when the wheels had come off, just he, my sister, and I were on the way to the UM/State game in awful weather. We had 12 season tickets and only we three would even go. When we got adjacent to the Dude and he saw the lights of DWS, he deliberately said, "Know what? Won't be long till Spring Practice." He never gave up in so many ways. That was about 27 years ago and it still just got dusty in here. State is family and Great Memories even in tough times. Hail State!

Tripp McNeely
06-17-2019, 07:10 PM
What my dad’s smile looks like right now...I can’t even fathom