PDA

View Full Version : Umpire from last night

GreenheadDawg
06-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Anyone know if that jackass will be behind the plate again tonight? He was terrible.

TNDawg35
06-09-2019, 01:12 PM
No, they rotate. Prolly Mr Big Papa Pump who was first base umpire last night***

magrooder
06-09-2019, 01:15 PM
No, they rotate. Prolly Mr Big Papa Pump who was first base umpire last night***

He was great. Every Stanford batter could check his swing, but no Dawgs could hold up.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Guy behind the plate last night was the worst I've seen this year and that's saying a lot. He was awful both ways though! He truly was the worst.

basedog
06-09-2019, 01:22 PM
He may have been bad but at least he was consistent for both teams***

Lord McBuckethead
06-09-2019, 01:26 PM
He is not the worst Inhave seen this year. The LSU games where they were giving them outside plus 6" the entire weekend was the worst bullshit.

chef dixon
06-09-2019, 01:26 PM
He was great. Every Stanford batter could check his swing, but no Dawgs could hold up.

Lol yep. I would love to see a stat that shows how many calls that go to the judgement of an official (check swings, replays) rule in our favor.

AlSwearengen
06-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Guy behind the plate last night was the worst I've seen this year and that's saying a lot. He was awful both ways though! He truly was the worst.

Especially the first 2 innings. I think the fans helped him adjust his zone and at least that part was somewhat better after the third inning. You could tell that he was not confident in his zone and Ethan and Dustin started to influence him on close pitches later in the game. I didn’t notice Stanford doing the same thing so kudos to our guys for picking up on it.

I was very concerned early b/c his zone was too low which was helping to negate Ethan’s strength, which is pitching up. Luckily, Ethan was able to get his off speed stuff to work and he was able to cruise that way.

starkvegasdawg
06-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Holler, if you hear me.

Gutter Cobreh
06-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Holler, if you hear me.

"Theres only two things I care about, my freaks and my peaks".***

DancingRabbit
06-09-2019, 02:11 PM
You know it's bad when the broadcast crew is joking about the "floating strike zone". One of them actually said something about it hurting the Dawgs more than Stanford.

He did seem to even out the bad calls as the game wore on. I suspect he was getting some pointers from the fans behind home.

But he was bad. I'm pretty sure Cole threw couple of curves for strikes that he didn't get the call. I've never an ump that slow to call the pitch. Ever.

The batter, the pitcher, the whole 17ing stadium is like this all night:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/6a/fc/db6afccac70dc671b5ecf06b36b5d3f3.jpg

Commercecomet24
06-09-2019, 02:15 PM
He called a third strike on a Stanford hitter that was almost in the middle of the other batters box and about ankle high. It was brutal lol!