PDA

View Full Version : My batting order tommorow

AlSwearengen
06-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Drop Mac behind Rowdey and move Foscue, Skelton, and Rowdey up one spot. It is hard coming back and facing this type of pitching after being out with an injury. In fact, since he started playing with the injury, he hasn?t been the same hitter. Drop him back and let him get lost in our tough lineup. He might catch some pitchers relaxing a little bit and get better pitches to hit.

R2Dawg
06-09-2019, 07:27 AM
Agree. We need Mac to be post season Mac to make a run. Our hitting is close to hitting on all cylinders if we can get a few going.

Cooterpoot
06-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Well, Jake, Westy, and Mac can’t all move down. Three of our top 4 really aren’t swinging it that well. We need those guys to get it rolling if we want to win a NC.

AlSwearengen
06-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Well, Jake, Westy, and Mac can’t all move down. Three of our top 4 really aren’t swinging it that well. We need those guys to get it rolling if we want to win a NC.

I would say Westburg has had two good games in a row. If I remember correctly, last night he hit it on the screws every time but once, when he k’d.

MetEdDawg
06-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Westburg hit the piss out of the ball twice last night. First one just happened to be right at CF. I'm fine with him.

Mac isn't going to see better pitches in the 7 hole because of who he is. Yes he's been out and injured, but the dude is a legend after last year. He's never going to see easier pitching because of what he's capable of.

Mangum has to stop his bull crap. His strikeout at bat last night was textbook why he is failing. First pitch FB on the black outside. All of his motion is towards 1st base and he fouls it off. 2nd pitch down the gut and he does the same thing. Instead of stepping in to meet the ball he pulls his motions towards the 1st base line. 3rd pitch is a changeup that he looks awful on. Go rewatch those at bats and you will two pitches Jake normally hits solid. Instead it looks like he's putting power into his pull side to try and lift some pitches.

I'm not sure what the hell he's doing but I'm exceedingly disappointed in his results. Your batting average doesn't drop over .50 points in the last month of the season because of a slump.

gravedigger
06-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Drop Mac behind Rowdey and move Foscue, Skelton, and Rowdey up one spot. It is hard coming back and facing this type of pitching after being out with an injury. In fact, since he started playing with the injury, he hasn?t been the same hitter. Drop him back and let him get lost in our tough lineup. He might catch some pitchers relaxing a little bit and get better pitches to hit.

If I am moving someone to cleanup it is Skelton, but that is not the formula that got us here, so I say dance with the one what brung ya. If the kid came to me as a coach and made the argument to me that he would hit better lower in the lineup, I might consider it, but his reasoning better be good. A batting order isn?t necessarily a ranking of hitting. Mac is capable of getting out of it. When he does, I want our 123 hitters on base.

magrooder
06-09-2019, 01:40 PM
The one thing Lemonis has done throughout the year is stick with his players and allow them to come out of a slump and only moving them down in the order seemingly reluctantly. It has worked well and I don't see him changing now.