SaintDawg
06-08-2019, 11:36 AM
what in the hell for?

Maroonthirteen
06-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Who?s to say it doesn?t rain at 7.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 11:44 AM
There’s a higher chance of rain tonight and I guess no TV too. Dumb moves all around.

KOdawg1
06-08-2019, 11:45 AM
There’s a higher chance of rain tonight and I guess no TV too. Dumb moves all around.

It will be on ESPNews

confucius say
06-08-2019, 11:45 AM
It's supposed to rain from 530-730. No rain till then. This is beyond stupid

KOdawg1
06-08-2019, 11:46 AM
I don't mind it. DNF is more intimidating at night

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 11:48 AM
The biggest positive is the ball doesn’t carry as well at night. Will hurt Stanford.

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2019, 11:49 AM

Latest hi res HRRR showing rain chances peak 3:00-4:00 and die down quite a bit by late evening. Probably a good call to move it.

KOdawg1
06-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Latest hi res HRRR showing rain chances peak 3:00-4:00 and die down quite a bit by late evening. Probably a good call to move it.

The NCAA may have consulted with our meteorologists, and they've been pretty spot on this year in terms of getting games in during the right times.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 11:53 AM

Well if you or TheRef are saying it I’ll defer to you guys. The ball doesn’t carry well at all to left field at night either so it might work out best for us in this scenario.

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Pop up showers starting to develop. Time will tell how widespread they become. I may end up completely wrong but I like the time change. Storm coverage should decrease as we lose daytime heating. A 2:00 start increases odds of a mid game delay. A 7:00 start may have a delay before the game, but odds less of an in game delay.

Gutter Cobreh
06-08-2019, 12:07 PM
If it means Small gets to throw a full game, I'm all for it. Nothing would be worse than starting and having a rain delay that prevents him from throwing a full complement of innings.

tcdog70
06-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Right, we don't want to waste a Small start. No rain after 7.

deadheaddawg
06-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Why did they wait so long to announce it? My understanding is they met at 9, but didn't make the decision until 11:30?

We left Grenada at 10. We waited an hour after they met and no word, so we left.

It's not a huge deal, but I would have loved to watch ole miss vs arky on the big screen at home....now we got hours to killl.

Liverpooldawg
06-08-2019, 12:22 PM
There are showers starting to pop up in the Starkville area. Good call moving it to 7.

gravedigger
06-08-2019, 12:32 PM

So it?s better for state if we start a game with our #1 pitcher and have to stop?

Rain chances go down at 7:30.

gravedigger
06-08-2019, 12:35 PM

Shhh.

Any decision that is made for MSU deserves a 7 page thread about someone needing to lose their job.

Do not let your specific understanding of weather convince you that their bitching is not justified.

BulldogBear
06-08-2019, 12:42 PM
I get it, and it's probably best. But it still sucks for some fans. There is not a seat to be had at any decent restaurant and no one will be leaving anytime soon if there is a bar. Everyone is already here (with nothing better to do) for a 2pm start. Not to mention getting home at 3am or 4am.

Homedawg
06-08-2019, 12:43 PM

Our weather people aided in the decision. Guess you know more. Hell some of y'all bitch to bitch

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Shhh.

Any decision that is made for MSU deserves a 7 page thread about someone needing to lose their job.

Do not let your specific understanding of weather convince you that their bitching is not justified.

Lol, if SD or TheRef say something on the weather I just defer to them. They are the weather geeks on here. :)

Homedawg
06-08-2019, 12:44 PM
So it?s better for state if we start a game with our #1 pitcher and have to stop?

Rain chances go down at 7:30.

Just leave them alone. Wasting good typing.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Our weather people aided in the decision. Guess you know more. Hell some of y'all bitch to bitch

It might help to read the hole thread rather then just picking and choosing on here asshole.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Well if you or TheRef are saying it I’ll defer to you guys. The ball doesn’t carry well at all to left field at night either so it might work out best for us in this scenario.

Look at this HOMEDOG...

Cooterpoot
06-08-2019, 12:46 PM
State fans could win a natty in bitching.

iPat09
I get it, and it's probably best. But it still sucks for some fans. There is not a seat to be had at any decent restaurant and no one will be leaving anytime soon if there is a bar. Everyone is already here (with nothing better to do) for a 2pm start. Not to mention getting home at 3am or 4am.

Or, you know, you could be like me and having to work all weekend without even a thought of watching the game, much less attending it.

Homedawg

Not sure where you are getting your info but that's wrong.

deadheaddawg
06-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Or, you know, you could be like me and having to work all weekend without even a thought of watching the game, much less attending it.

Yeah well, kids are starving in China. Stop complaining

ZedFedder
06-08-2019, 01:04 PM
We drove all the way down and are having to go back. Don’t mind it as long as the Dogs win!

Cooterpoot
06-08-2019, 01:22 PM
I can’t 17ing wait! Tonight is going to be the best we’ve ever seen at the Dude. Crowd will be drunk, anxious, and pissed off all at once.

BulldogBear
06-08-2019, 01:50 PM

Acknowledged. There is that of course. But I do have work tomorrow. Would've been great to sleep tonight.

sleepy dawg
06-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Yeah well, kids are starving in China. Stop complaining

Starving kids in China mean no one is ever allowed to feel frustrated or angry again. Can you list the emotions we're allowed to feel? Do we need to check with China first?

deadheaddawg
06-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Starving kids in China mean no one is ever allowed to feel frustrated or angry again. Can you list the emotions we're allowed to feel? Do we need to check with China first?

I don't know. Ask iPat. He is the one that says the people that got here early, like me, shouldn't be frustrated because some people have to work.

Homedawg
06-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Look at this HOMEDOG...

That's not what you posted first asshole.

Homedawg
06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
There?s a higher chance of rain tonight and I guess no TV too. Dumb moves all around.

Here it is again asshole. I quit reading after a few. They were plenty. But glad you recanted.

Todd4State
06-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Good to see common sense prevail here. Very atypical for the NCAA but they made the right move this time.

West Tn Dawg
06-08-2019, 03:20 PM
My bitch is...........I DON'T GET ESPNEWS!!!!!!!!:mad:

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Here it is again asshole. I quit reading after a few. They were plenty. But glad you recanted.

So just take the first thing people post as their latest opinion? That makes sense...

gravedigger
06-08-2019, 03:32 PM

How about using your brains instead of your emotions for the first, say, 60 posts dedicated to a subject.

It?s like shotgun and cadaver have cloned themselves.

confucius say
06-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Not sure where you are getting your info but that's wrong.

Well it's 350 and still hasn't rained at the field more than 5 minutes, and that was a light rain that would not have stopped anything.

I get that the odds were higher for a afternoon shower, but still sucks.

deadheaddawg
06-08-2019, 03:59 PM
[edit. Wrong post

whosyourdawgy
06-08-2019, 04:35 PM
I can?t 17ing wait! Tonight is going to be the best we?ve ever seen at the Dude. Crowd will be drunk, anxious, and pissed off all at once.

So our crowd is going to get drunk before coming to the game? What the crowd is going to be is wet

BulldogBear
06-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Oh Gawd, the TV announcer of the LSU game just said it has been raining all day in Starkville...

R
O
T
F
L

msbulldog
06-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Oh Gawd, the TV announcer of the LSU game just said it has been raining all day in Starkville...

R
O
T
F
L

I heard that!

Cooterpoot
06-08-2019, 04:54 PM
So our crowd is going to get drunk before coming to the game? What the crowd is going to be is wet

Only the ladies

Treemydawg
06-08-2019, 06:12 PM
It’s amazing. It’s 10 after 6 and all the pop up storms are dying off like the weather folks said they would. Thanks starkvegas and ref for keeping us informed with good information

sleepy dawg
06-08-2019, 06:36 PM
How about using your brains instead of your emotions for the first, say, 60 posts dedicated to a subject.

It?s like shotgun and cadaver have cloned themselves.

I have emotions just like other people and I will express them when I choose. My post was probably in the 30s for this thread too so it wasn't exactly one of the first ones. The thread is about the time change. After the first post, what more is there to "use your brain" about? Are you going to do some complex logic equations for us down here in post #59?... or is it maybe just okay to be frustrated and do some venting or have some feeling other than just being grateful and happy all the time? Sometimes shit doesn't work out like you plan and when that happens it's okay to not be happy about that, like it or not.

gravedigger
06-09-2019, 08:16 AM
I have emotions just like other people and I will express them when I choose. My post was probably in the 30s for this thread too so it wasn't exactly one of the first ones. The thread is about the time change. After the first post, what more is there to "use your brain" about? Are you going to do some complex logic equations for us down here in post #59?... or is it maybe just okay to be frustrated and do some venting or have some feeling other than just being grateful and happy all the time? Sometimes shit doesn't work out like you plan and when that happens it's okay to not be happy about that, like it or not.

If you use your brain, the thread is about what the basis for the time change is founded on.

One side is complaining that it was inconvenient for them to wait and pointing at a threatening sky with unstable air and saying SEE it is not raining. The opposition is explaining that the time is set based on REASONING from MSU weather professionals. that the threat goes away at a certain time reducing the chance of a game stoppage. Which is advantageous to MSU anyway.

Express your emotions to your hearts content. When it proves to just be a cry of inconvenience rather than reason, expect to be called on it.