PDA

View Full Version : What a start to the Supers

Hambone
06-08-2019, 03:45 AM
Louisville smokes ECU, Michigan beat UCLA and Duke absolutely destroyed Vandy.

Call me crazy but I think the beat downs continue and Stanford feels the pain train whenever we get to take the field today.

smootness
06-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Let this be a lesson, though - it is baseball, and you better be ready for anybody. I think we forget Stanford is ranked 4th. I like our chances but it won't be easy.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Let this be a lesson, though - it is baseball, and you better be ready for anybody. I think we forget Stanford is ranked 4th. I like our chances but it won't be easy.

Well our team has been there before the last three years so we should be prepared for anything and it helps we have Mangum on the team who was part of the 2016 bed shitting against Arizona so I think we will be okay.

TNDawg35
06-08-2019, 07:58 AM
I still think UCLA and Vandy are way overrated. Vandy feasted on the east teams, and UCLA feasted on a very down west coast.

BulldogBear
06-08-2019, 08:01 AM

This. With possible exception of Fayetteville, Starkville will easily be the toughest SR.

Saltydog
06-08-2019, 08:19 AM
This. With possible exception of Fayetteville, Starkville will easily be the toughest SR.

Glad to hear someone else echo those sentiments. It's one thing to be confident but it's another thing to be so brazen to think that we just show up and beat Stanford and that seems to be the consensus of the majority of our fans, at least from what I've seen. Make no bones about it, we may end up winning this regional but a cake walk it won't be.

VandelayIndustries
06-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Glad to hear someone else echo those sentiments. It's one thing to be confident but it's another thing to be so brazen to think that we just show up and beat Stanford and that seems to be the consensus of the majority of our fans, at least from what I've seen. Make no bones about it, we may end up winning this regional but a cake walk it won't be.

Who cares what the fans think, the team I promise you is not taking Stanford lighlty

HoopsDawg
06-08-2019, 08:47 AM
I still think UCLA and Vandy are way overrated. Vandy feasted on the east teams, and UCLA feasted on a very down west coast.

Agree on UCLA a little. Disagree on Vandy. It was a perfect night for Duke.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Who cares what the fans think, the team I promise you is not taking Stanford lighlty

Exactly. It’s not like our team hasn’t been there before. If we play our game and play great baseball, we will beat them in two games.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Agree on UCLA a little. Disagree on Vandy. It was a perfect night for Duke.

Vandy wouldn’t have won 23 games in the West and there isn’t that much separation between Vandy, us, and Arkansas.

smootness
06-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Well our team has been there before the last three years so we should be prepared for anything and it helps we have Mangum on the team who was part of the 2016 bed shitting against Arizona so I think we will be okay.

It's one thing to say, 'I like our chances because of _____' and another to say, 'We will win because of _______'.

The first is fine and correct; the second is being a homer. Vandy could have said similar things. Just because you have players who have been there before doesn't guarantee you anything. If we were in Stanford's shoes, we'd be saying, 'These guys have no idea what's about to hit them. We're being overlooked and underrated and we're about to prove who we are.'

I love our team and think we'll win. I'm just saying, don't assume anything, especially against a team like Stanford.

smootness
06-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Vandy wouldn’t have won 23 games in the West and there isn’t that much separation between Vandy, us, and Arkansas.

I agree with this. I think we're the top 3 teams in the country. I'd be ok if you added UCLA into that group. But that's the point - there isn't much separation between us and Vandy, and they just got boat raced by Duke. Nothing is a given.

Doggie_Style
06-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Like you said it?s baseball and on any given day yada yada yada....that?s why it?s best 2/3. That being said if Ginn can?t go this series then today is a must win....hopefully we can play this game with poise

tireddawg
06-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Like you said it?s baseball and on any given day yada yada yada....that?s why it?s best 2/3. That being said if Ginn can?t go this series then today is a must win....hopefully we can play this game with poise

I think its a must win whether JT goes or not. At this point, they're all must wins. Plumlee is good enough, we have to hit.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Does anyone consistently draw crappier teams in Super Regionals than Louisville?

Man.... East Carolina ain't even trying. Just crazy

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Does anyone consistently draw crappier teams in Super Regionals than Louisville?

Man.... East Carolina ain't even trying. Just crazyAnd L'ville will go 2 and Q in Omaha again.

Hambone
06-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Oh, I 100% percent agree you can’t overlook this team. I was just in a sleep deprived moment and decided to put my predictions on our regional out there.

Stanford is one hell of a team. And make no mistake if any of our pitchers make a mistake, they will absolutely punish them. However, Stanford hasn’t faced what they are about to face either.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 01:37 PM
And L'ville will go 2 and Q in Omaha again.

If Duke can keep that Cinderella slipper on for one more day, Louisville will get Duke. In fact if Auburn doesn’t pull off the upset in Chapel Hill, our bracket could be 3 ACC teams and us...

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Louisville always gets a cake walk.

Arkansas pounded the baby sharks

Auburn bout to pull the comeback upset in game 1

Corndogs about to start vs their yearly layup competition

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Wow, announcer just said that coming into this postseason, only 21 of the last 43 National Seeds have made Omaha. I thought it would be a little higher.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Butch Thompson going to take Auburn to Omaha? 1 win away.

UNC stands for Ur Not Contenders (again)

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Louisville always gets a cake walk.

Arkansas pounded the baby sharks

Auburn bout to pull the comeback upset in game 1

Corndogs about to start vs their yearly layup competition

It's amazing how it happens most every year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Wow, announcer just said that coming into this postseason, only 21 of the last 43 National Seeds have made Omaha. I thought it would be a little higher.

Yep, just proves how hard it is in baseball to go 3-0/4-1 in a regional and then 2/3 vs a hot team in the Super. You can clearly be the best overall team and only have a 50/50 shot at going both

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2019, 02:43 PM
We have the best stadium & casual baseball atmosphere in college baseball, but I wish we could generate the intensity & crowd participation of Alex Box.

It swallows LSU's opponents in big games

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 02:48 PM
We have the best stadium & casual baseball atmosphere in college baseball, but I wish we could generate the intensity & crowd participation of Alex Box.

It swallows LSU's opponents in big gamesI dont think Miami enjoyed playing against our crowd last week. Lsu has ONE guy that constantly whips up their fans.

gravedigger
06-08-2019, 02:50 PM

When those same fans come back and bitch and moan for weeks on end that their unrealistic expectations were not met.....

deadheaddawg
06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
That's baseball

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
I dont think Miami enjoyed playing against our crowd last week. Lsu has ONE guy that constantly whips up their fans.

Yeah and our record at the New Dude is 35-5. Pretty dang good if you ask me.

bobtail bob
06-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Fla St already shitting the bed against the Manuri and his mud cats

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Florida State is dog shit. LSU is lucky as hell

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Fla St already shitting the bed against the Manuri and his mud catsNeither of these squads would be in Omaha very long.

RougeDawg
06-08-2019, 04:01 PM

LSU has a majority of their fan base that have only stepped foot on campus for sporting events. The ones who actually went to school there are not as rowdy as the ones who did not. Similar to Bama sidewalk fans. Loose screws a plenty.

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 04:22 PM
LSU has a majority of their fan base that have only stepped foot on campus for sporting events. The ones who actually went to school there are not as rowdy as the ones who did not. Similar to Bama sidewalk fans. Loose screws a plenty.Up in Arkansas, their stadium is full of college grads, just not necessarily U of A alums. If you move up there from another state or region, you must profess your love/allegiance to The Hogs first, then they'll ask you where you went to school.

RocketDawg
06-08-2019, 04:25 PM
There's a guy in the stands at LSU that's about as irritating as the whistler. Sort of sounds like a fog horn.

RocketDawg
06-08-2019, 04:28 PM
LSU has a majority of their fan base that have only stepped foot on campus for sporting events. The ones who actually went to school there are not as rowdy as the ones who did not. Similar to Bama sidewalk fans. Loose screws a plenty.

We probably have the fewest sidewalk fans in the SEC, with the possible exception of Vanderbilt. When I was growing up, just about everybody I knew was an OM fan and most likely had never been near Oxford, even to see a game. That was when OM had a good team, allegedly with a couple of NCs, and when Archie was there.

BulldogBear
06-08-2019, 04:29 PM
LSU has a majority of their fan base that have never stepped foot on campus, even for sporting events. The ones who actually went to school there are not as rowdy as the ones who did not. Similar to Bama sidewalk fans. Loose screws a plenty.

FIFY

RocketDawg
06-08-2019, 04:29 PM

FSU just tied the game with a big homer to right.

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 04:35 PM
There's a guy in the stands at LSU that's about as irritating as the whistler. Sort of sounds like a fog horn.I hear him too.

BulldogBear
06-08-2019, 04:43 PM
I hear him too.

Is he the K lady's husband?

RocketDawg
06-08-2019, 04:59 PM

Based on what I've seen on televised games, the atmosphere at the Dude is at least equal to LSU's, maybe more intense.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 05:01 PM

You say that but FSU isn’t a good matchup for LSU when you look at the lineups and pitching. They have 6 lefties in their lineup and have some crafty left handed pitchers to give LSU’s lineup some fits. LSU has also burned up their bullpen pretty badly in this game. If FSU wins this first game, I think FSU wins this thing.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Based on what I've seen on televised games, the atmosphere at the Dude is at least equal to LSU's, maybe more intense.

Yeah, the Dude was electric last weekend and caused a 1 run inning to be 3 for that Miami freshman pitcher. That’s going to be big this weekend. Can we use our home field to rattle Stanford into allowing 3-4 runs instead of just 1 in high leverage situations.

RocketDawg
06-08-2019, 05:05 PM
FSU has the bases loaded with one out, tied game. They should score here barring a double play.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 05:12 PM
FSU has the bases loaded with one out, tied game. They should score here barring a double play.

5-4 FSU going to the bottom of the 8th. They are bringing in their closer.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-08-2019, 05:13 PM
LSU's about to choke it away

VandelayIndustries
06-08-2019, 05:13 PM
LSU will come back and win, they always seem to do that at home

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 05:24 PM
LSU will come back and win, they always seem to do that at homeIf they don't, they lose this SR.

Doggie_Style
06-08-2019, 05:24 PM
I
LSU will come back and win, they always seem to do that at home

Naw...they finna get that ass whopped!

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I

Naw...they finna get that ass whopped!Put in a lefty Pawwl!**

Dawg2003
06-08-2019, 05:28 PM
This is so funny. I picked FSU as a spoiler.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 05:29 PM
This is so funny. I picked FSU as a spoiler.

Smart move. FSU isn’t a good matchup for LSU. This is where not having a LHP is biting them in the ass.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Y'all should be pumped about my reverse jinx capabilities this weekend if this LSU score holds

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2019, 05:41 PM
LOL. Suck it LSU

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2019, 05:44 PM
17 em

Percho
06-08-2019, 05:44 PM
40 wins for 40 seasons is something else

RougeDawg
06-08-2019, 05:51 PM
FIFY

Ha ha. Nice.

Captain Falcon
06-08-2019, 06:11 PM
40 wins for 40 seasons is something else

FSU not having a national title in baseball is an even bigger WTF than us not having one.

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 07:29 PM
FSU not having a national title in baseball is an even bigger WTF than us not having one.I'd love to face them in the CWS Finals.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 11:20 PM
Michigan left fielder drops routine fly ball to give up the lead to UCLA in the 9th. That was their chance to knock em off....they'll never recover from that. UCLA will win tonight and tomorrow bc if that error. Brutal

Skydawg1
06-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Michigan left fielder drops routine fly ball to give up the lead to UCLA in the 9th. That was their chance to knock em off....they'll never recover from that. UCLA will win tonight and tomorrow bc if that error. BrutalBrutal is getting no-hit tonight after clobbering #Vandyboys last night. Yeesh.

gravedigger
06-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Michigan left fielder drops routine fly ball to give up the lead to UCLA in the 9th. That was their chance to knock em off....they'll never recover from that. UCLA will win tonight and tomorrow bc if that error. Brutal

I just came back from Palm Springs. The wind out there can be brutal. Don?t know if that affected that ball but he drifted like it did.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Brutal is getting no-hit tonight after clobbering #Vandyboys last night. Yeesh.

Yeah Duke and Michigan showing the world how Not to put away a giant

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Michigan ties it up in the bottom of the 9th

smootness
06-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Looks like Michigan has already recovered.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Looks like Michigan has already recovered.

I hope they put the Bruins away tonight.

gravedigger
06-08-2019, 11:45 PM
Michigan ties it up in the bottom of the 9th

How did that ball stay in the park

Lord McBuckethead
06-08-2019, 11:47 PM
No idea. That should have landed in the parking lot.

Commercecomet24
06-08-2019, 11:51 PM
The air is dead in la at night. Balls don't travel well. I've been to that field at UCLA several times. We have better high school fields in Mississippi than that place.

Lord McBuckethead
06-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Michigan has another opportunity to knock UCLAs ass out like OleMiss in a regional.

RougeDawg
06-09-2019, 12:04 AM
The air is dead in la at night. Balls don't travel well. I've been to that field at UCLA several times. We have better high school fields in Mississippi than that place.

Their stadium is a joke.

gravedigger
06-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Their stadium is a joke.

Heard someone say they rent that stadium. Maybe that?s Stanford.

With a natty, that is a shame.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Their stadium is a joke.

Yeah it's really sad how crappy it is. I was expecting so much more the first time I went there. I was shocked at how division 2 it was .

Commercecomet24
06-09-2019, 12:10 AM
Heard someone say they rent that stadium. Maybe that?s Stanford.

With a natty, that is a shame.

Naw it's UCLA's been there for years it just sucks lol.

Lord McBuckethead
06-09-2019, 12:15 AM
Naw it's UCLA's been there for years it just sucks lol.

Still don't think they "own" it.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Still don't think they "own" it.

From UCLA website
Located on the site of old Sawtelle Field, Jackie Robinson Stadium provides the Bruins with one of the top college baseball fields in the nation. The stadium was made possible by a private gift from Hoyt Pardee (UCLA '41), a classmate of Jackie Robinson.

CadaverDawg
06-09-2019, 12:23 AM
This game is bonkers

Quaoarsking
06-09-2019, 12:25 AM
I think Michigan is a team of destiny, at least for this weekend. I'm sure UCLA's hundreds of fans will be crushed.

Commercecomet24
06-09-2019, 12:26 AM
Wild wild game! UCLA screwed that inning up

West Tn Dawg
06-09-2019, 10:43 AM

They came back and tied it up in the bottom of the 9th and then lost it in the 12th.