PDA

View Full Version : Things I like and don't like going in to Supers...

CadaverDawg
06-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Like:
- Home field

- Mangum & Westy looked better last week

- Stanford hits breaking balls better than fastballs...and they will be facing Small game 1

- Our experience

Don't like:
- Our bad baserunning vs their Elite catcher

- JT Ginn being questionable

- Their road record

- The way they don't "beat themselves" much, bc we take good advantage of teams making errors

- The weather potentially shortening pitcher outings

What are yours? Or thoughts on mine?

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Like:

-The Dude will be something they've never seen. IT WILL HAVE AN IMPACT
-Mangum and Westy are recovering from the slump
-Rowdey is on absolute fire
-Postseason Cole is back
-Omaha experience

Dislikes:

-Another West Coast team coming to Dudy Noble......I still wake up in a cold sweat over Bobby Dalbec.
-weather
-Our bullpen outside of Cole and Colby White.
-Not knowing who we'd start in a possible Game 3 situation.

CadaverDawg
06-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Like:

-The Dude will be something they've never seen. IT WILL HAVE AN IMPACT
-Mangum and Westy are recovering from the slump
-Rowdey is on absolute fire
-Postseason Cole is back
-Omaha experience

Dislikes:

-Another West Coast team coming to Dudy Noble......I still wake up in a cold sweat over Bobby Dalbec.
-weather
-Our bullpen outside of Cole and Colby White.
-Not knowing who we'd start in a possible Game 3 situation.

Good ones. Dalbec haunts me

sleepy dawg
06-07-2019, 03:45 PM
I HATE the JT Ginn situation. A lot of teams have a really good ace and we've shown we can drop a 1-0 or lowing scoring game to teams. Not many teams can match their #2 pitcher to ours though when JT Ginn is on.
I also hate the weather. That can throw a monkey wrench in things. The weather helped us have the postseason we had last year. Delays have hurt us in other years though; you just never know.

I feel very strong in saying that if the weather doesn't interrupt too much and JT Ginn is plays up to his potential, that we easily take the series. If those 2 things go the other way, I'm very nervous.

DownwardDawg
06-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Beer and bourbon

Dislike
Working on the house while the games are playing

Sorry CadaverDawg. Just funnin

Dawg2003
06-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Like: our batting lineup

Dislike: our bullpen's inconsistency

GreenheadDawg
06-07-2019, 05:23 PM
What’s the word in Ginn? Is he GTG or no?

Skydawg1
06-07-2019, 06:18 PM
What’s the word in Ginn? Is he GTG or no?Still no word. Small tomorrow, Plumlee sunday.

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Like:
- Home field

- Mangum & Westy looked better last week

- Stanford hits breaking balls better than fastballs...and they will be facing Small game 1

- Our experience

Don't like:
- Our bad baserunning vs their Elite catcher

- JT Ginn being questionable

- Their road record

- The way they don't "beat themselves" much, bc we take good advantage of teams making errors

- The weather potentially shortening pitcher outings

What are yours? Or thoughts on mine?

We would be SEC champs to trade road opponents for comparison

We had Florida, Tennessee, TAM, Arkansas, and OM on the road (15 regional games/6 Super Regional games)

They had Arizona State (0-2 Regional team), and Cal (0-2 Regional team)

We should assume Stanford are really good tho

Todd4State
06-07-2019, 07:15 PM
Dislike the 8 PM start before a work day. Thanks ESPN!

Todd4State
06-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Still no word. Small tomorrow, Plumlee sunday.

I'm pretty sure that they are hoping that we win two and can rest JT.

GreenheadDawg
06-07-2019, 07:34 PM
Still no word. Small tomorrow, Plumlee sunday.

Oh I didn’t know they announced Plumlee for Sunday.

Saltydog
06-07-2019, 07:47 PM
I would add the weather hurting us by cooling things off. If it were 90+ and hot, I think that would've helped us but the rain is going to cool things off. That lessens our advantage. Also, the weather will hurt us with attendance too. Yes, we'll have good crowds but not at all like it would be had the weather been better.

Activated Alpha
06-07-2019, 07:49 PM
No one should take these games lightly. The same way a few were going into the Arizona game are the same ones going into this Super. Stanford is a solid program that could ruin our chances of Omaha. We need to come out firing on all cylinders and not let off the gas.

DownwardDawg
06-07-2019, 10:03 PM
No one should take these games lightly. The same way a few were going into the Arizona game are the same ones going into this Super. Stanford is a solid program that could ruin our chances of Omaha. We need to come out firing on all cylinders and not let off the gas.

Believe it or not, we all know this. It’s a Super Regional. The other team is just as good as us. We gotta bring our A game!!

msbulldog
06-08-2019, 04:16 AM
Like:
The Bulldogs!
Dislike:
The other team!

99jc
06-08-2019, 05:52 AM
Believe it or not, we all know this. It?s a Super Regional. The other team is just as good as us. We gotta bring our A game!!

No they are not. I've said it all year we are the number 1 team in the country...the run to the natty starts here.

MarketingBully
06-08-2019, 05:56 AM
Having the home field advantage and a big crowd behind us
Mangum and our experience

Dislikes
None to think of

As I stated before, I think the hardest part of our journey will be getting through the Supers. I think this team wins it all if we get to Omaha. I think we have the most hungry team out there. Also, I’d love to see Duke, Michigan finish the job and Auburn take care of the Heels. If that happens, I think it will be an Arkansas vs MSU Final with us winning it all.