PDA

View Full Version : Stubhub regional tickets for Saturday

Maroonthirteen
06-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Right now... $150-300 for chairback. I hope them MFers eat those tickets.

confucius say
06-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Why?

Maroonthirteen
06-07-2019, 09:34 AM
150-300 for a $20 ticket? Come on man.

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2019, 09:36 AM
That's WAY overpriced. Hell making $60 triples your money. That's just being greedy

KOdawg1
06-07-2019, 09:38 AM
I've seen some people selling GA tickets for $30-$40. Hell, you can walk up to the gate at the stadium and buy them for $10

timotheus
06-07-2019, 10:01 AM
lots of folks, myself included will freely buy more chairbacks if they weren't priced so high.

Maroonthirteen
06-07-2019, 10:24 AM
lots of folks, myself included will freely buy more chairbacks if they weren't priced so high.

Yep. I’d be happy to buy GA tickets. But this weather.... I hate to stand in the rain two hours prior and get into the stadium and be delayed. But.... it May be what I have to do.

confucius say
06-07-2019, 10:29 AM

It's $30 a ticket. And supply and demand I guess.

Plus it cost a lot of money to get season tix (1800 for the seat and 300 for the season ticket), so I'm not going to knock people for making some money back if they can. Solid investment.

I'm just glad they are selling them so people will be in them.

Johnson85
06-07-2019, 10:31 AM

Maybe they want to go to the game but would gladly just listen for $150 or $300? Or maybe they also have rooftop access and have decided they will be happy with just rooftop access for $150 or $300, but will otherwise move back and forth?

I am somewhat at a loss at why people are offended with what other people want to sell their stuff for. If someone pays it, that means the buyer and seller are getting what they want. If no one pays it, then the buyer is getting what they want.

The only thing that would annoy me is if people let their seats be empty rather than selling them for market rate.

Lord McBuckethead
06-07-2019, 10:33 AM
better solution, find out which seats they are selling at first pitch. Buy a GA ticket and go and sit in their seats. Since they didn't sell them, chances are they are empty.

You are welcome.

confucius say
06-07-2019, 10:37 AM
better solution, find out which seats they are selling at first pitch. Buy a GA ticket and go and sit in their seats. Since they didn't sell them, chances are they are empty.

You are welcome.

That will Work as long as you can get by the usher who makes you show your ticket (or is supposed to anyway, the lady usher for our section does).

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 11:16 AM
That's WAY overpriced. Hell making $60 triples your money. That's just being greedy

Not if someone pays it it isn't. Market value is what someone is willing to pay. No different than your house, car, whatever. Makes the world go round. Call it greed, I call it making money. Part of it. I had to pay a ton for good seats in Omaha in 13 for championship series, but i was willing. No different than there. None.

timotheus
06-07-2019, 11:27 AM
I'll assure u that an usher will ask to see your ticket for confirmation.

Saltydog
06-07-2019, 11:32 AM

Chairbacks are $10/seat per game during the regular season. Not that high. What inflates the costs is the amount of games played (around 30). Two tickets would equate to $600, plus the annual BDC donation which is $100, min.

Johnson85
06-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Chairbacks are $10/seat per game during the regular season. Not that high. What inflates the costs is the amount of games played (around 30). Two tickets would equate to $600, plus the annual BDC donation which is $100, min.

That is way off from what I understood. I thought it was like a 5 year commitment for $1200 per seat in the grandstand before paying for the actual tickets? So more like $1500 per year per seat?

confucius say
06-07-2019, 11:58 AM
That is way off from what I understood. I thought it was like a 5 year commitment for $1200 per seat in the grandstand before paying for the actual tickets? So more like $1500 per year per seat?

No. It was 1800 paid up front for the seat. That gives you the seat for 10 years. After 10 years, you have to buy the seat again.

Then a season ticket is $300. So the first year it cost you 2100 to have a seat/ticket, but the next nine years it only cost 300.

Saltydog
06-07-2019, 12:16 PM
That was for individuals who were purchasing chairbacks for the first time. Each first time purchaser had to pay a $1500 per seat donation to the BDC over the course of the last 3 years. The tickets had to be purchased on top of that donation. Just as an example a person purchasing two chairbacks for the first time would've been out $3600 over the last three years.

RocketDawg
06-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Maybe they want to go to the game but would gladly just listen for $150 or $300? Or maybe they also have rooftop access and have decided they will be happy with just rooftop access for $150 or $300, but will otherwise move back and forth?

I am somewhat at a loss at why people are offended with what other people want to sell their stuff for. If someone pays it, that means the buyer and seller are getting what they want. If no one pays it, then the buyer is getting what they want.

The only thing that would annoy me is if people let their seats be empty rather than selling them for market rate.

Maybe because it's illegal to sell for more than face value? I don't know how StubHub and others get away with it, nor do I know why the University endorses an illegal activity. There must be some sort of loophole they use to get around illegality.

Percho
06-07-2019, 12:54 PM

Makes me think of

P. T. Barnum

Maroonthirteen
06-07-2019, 01:09 PM
Did we sell season tickets into section 115 and 102? That’s where the majority of the tickets for sale are located. I’m assuming it was buyers from the general public and or Stanford player tickets.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Maybe because it's illegal to sell for more than face value? I don't know how StubHub and others get away with it, nor do I know why the University endorses an illegal activity. There must be some sort of loophole they use to get around illegality.

I don't either and I don't have anything for StubHub. Several years ago, somebody hacked my credit card account and bought four tickets for a total of $900 to the Clemson/Auburn game. StubHub was not very helpful at all, and I ended up having to pay for those crapping tickets.

Johnson85
06-07-2019, 01:16 PM

That doesn't really explain it? Why would you care that two people who are not you are reaching an agreement about something you don't own. At best it removes the question somewhat to why a bunch of busy bodies care enough about other people selling their stuff to bother passing a law about it. And the face value restriction is completely arbitrary and has basically zero relation to what people actually paid for the ticket. Doesn't matter what the ticket says, season ticket holders didn't pay the same amount for a home game against LSU as they did for a home game against Middle Tennessee State.

Johnson85
06-07-2019, 01:17 PM
I don't either and I don't have anything for StubHub. Several years ago, somebody hacked my credit card account and bought four tickets for a total of $900 to the Clemson/Auburn game. StubHub was not very helpful at all, and I ended up having to pay for those crapping tickets.

You shouldn't have needed any help from Stubhub. If you had to pay for the tickets, you have a shitty credit card company.

confucius say
06-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Did we sell season tickets into section 115 and 102? That’s where the majority of the tickets for sale are located. I’m assuming it was buyers from the general public and or Stanford player tickets.

Maybe so. Because More tix from 115 have been listed for sale on stubhub than any other section the whole year.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Dudy Noble is an exclusive club

Randolph Dupree
06-07-2019, 02:02 PM
You can make the price gouging about capitalism if you want but it's just flat out shitty what going on on StubHub. The people selling these tickets are either season ticket holders who have enough money to pay $1500-$1800 per seat to secure those seats prior to paying for tickets OR people that purchased them within the last few days with no intent to use them. So you're either someone with some $$ just trying to squeeze out another couple hundred bucks or you got the tickets with the intent to gouge folks. If you fall into either of these categories, you're an asshole.

Gutter Cobreh
06-07-2019, 02:33 PM
You can make the price gouging about capitalism if you want but it's just flat out shitty what going on on StubHub. The people selling these tickets are either season ticket holders who have enough money to pay $1500-$1800 per seat to secure those seats prior to paying for tickets OR people that purchased them within the last few days with no intent to use them. So you're either someone with some $$ just trying to squeeze out another couple hundred bucks or you got the tickets with the intent to gouge folks. If you fall into either of these categories, you're an asshole.

Your whole rant is inaccurate.

Do you not realize that some people subsidize their season tickets by selling some of them when bigger games occur? If I was a season ticket holder, why would I not use the platform to recoup some of my expenses if I wasn't able to make the game? The price set is supported by the demand.

You could sit club level last weekend for $20 if you wanted to watch Central Michigan and Miami play each other. How do you feel about that?

Randolph Dupree
06-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Your whole rant is inaccurate.

Do you not realize that some people subsidize their season tickets by selling some of them when bigger games occur? If I was a season ticket holder, why would I not use the platform to recoup some of my expenses if I wasn't able to make the game? The price set is supported by the demand.

You could sit club level last weekend for $20 if you wanted to watch Central Michigan and Miami play each other. How do you feel about that?

I feel fine about it. I fully realize that some folks are subsidizing their season ticket purchase by selling the big game tickets at inflated prices and I'm calling them assholes. FWIW I'm comfortable enough financially I could purchase tickets for pretty much whatever price I needed to. Also could've gotten season tickets but chose not to (a decision I regret). When I can't go to a football game, I generally give my tickets away. Sometimes I will sell them but never more than face value and only to State fans...

ETA: I'm not complaining, again I can do what I want but I call it like I see it and people gouging tickets are assholes.

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 03:03 PM

Beer is illegal too..........the people making points about the high cost and complaining about it don't appear to be offended by legality. Moreso, crying about the high cost. Capitalism baby.

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 03:04 PM

You can have your opinion. And I'll have mine. And no I'm not selling mine. But I think its perfectly fine w me. If you think it's too high, simple, don't buy em.

Randolph Dupree
06-07-2019, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Homedawg;1115334]You can have your opinion. And I'll have mine.

And that's perfectly fine....it's all good.

Gutter Cobreh
06-07-2019, 03:17 PM
I feel fine about it. I fully realize that some folks are subsidizing their season ticket purchase by selling the big game tickets at inflated prices and I'm calling them assholes. FWIW I'm comfortable enough financially I could purchase tickets for pretty much whatever price I needed to. Also could've gotten season tickets but chose not to (a decision I regret). When I can't go to a football game, I generally give my tickets away. Sometimes I will sell them but never more than face value and only to State fans...

ETA: I'm not complaining, again I can do what I want but I call it like I see it and people gouging tickets are assholes.

You didn't answer my initial question. Were the season ticket holders who were selling their club level seats for $20 for the CMU/Miami game gouging? Or, were they simply trying to recoup some of what they had spent?

The market supported those seats for a State game selling at $150 - $200 each, while the CMU/Miami/Southern contests were offered at a much lower rate.

I would be more concerned with the same seats being sold for every game, over someone selling a couple tickets to certain games.

It won't take long before someone loses their shirt by thinking they can make money off buying and selling college baseball tickets. I can guarantee you that there isn't anyone around who has made a profit from selling baseball tickets. They may minimized their expenses and been able to attend a games for cheap, but lets not act like this was some grand scheme by people to make a ton of money.

Maverick
06-07-2019, 03:41 PM
I see both sides here. It's certainly their ticket and they can sell it for what they want but when we talk about "packing the Dude" it's kind of hard to do that when ticket prices are inflated like they are. I don't pretend to know what season tickets cost but I do know that a $100 donation to the bulldog club gets you access to buy single game tickets early which I will be doing next year. I assume when buying season tickets you get a discounted price for buying a seat for all the games, maybe not?

With that being said all session chair backs are $60 so that's $20 a game if they play 3 and $30 if they play two. I think most people would agree they would pay $40, $60, or even $80 for a chair back which are all mark ups. Heck if I had early access this year and I only needed 2 tickets I would have thought about buying 4 and selling the other 2 for double and going for free, probably could have done that all day long. It would be nice if there was a text system or something developed to make it easy for season ticket holders to sell their tickets at a chosen inflated cost by simply replying back that they aren't going thus filling the seat with people that will go for a reasonable price. Maybe this would've helped recoup that cost a little at a time instead of all at once for a few games at the end of the year?

Again, it's their ticket to sell for what they want but it kind of defeats the purpose of State fans filling it in. I went to two games this year both of which I thought the chair backs would've been fuller. The first was the Saturday LSU game in which I sat on the Berm and had to look at all the empty chair backs that I could not buy because they were "sold out." The second was the Friday Georgia game and I got the last two chair backs from the ticket office and there were still half empty seats. That is the upsetting part, I'm sure it will be more packed for the super with not as many but still some empty seats that people would have gladly bought for a reasonable price.... If I'm wrong for feeling that way then ok, I tried to keep this short but it's something I've thought about too obviously. I remember seeing people talk about the empty seats on here early in the season too.

Randolph Dupree
06-07-2019, 03:44 PM
You didn't answer my initial question. Were the season ticket holders who were selling their club level seats for $20 for the CMU/Miami game gouging? Or, were they simply trying to recoup some of what they had spent?

The market supported those seats for a State game selling at $150 - $200 each, while the CMU/Miami/Southern contests were offered at a much lower rate.

I would be more concerned with the same seats being sold for every game, over someone selling a couple tickets to certain games.

It won't take long before someone loses their shirt by thinking they can make money off buying and selling college baseball tickets. I can guarantee you that there isn't anyone around who has made a profit from selling baseball tickets. They may minimized their expenses and been able to attend a games for cheap, but lets not act like this was some grand scheme by people to make a ton of money.

I actually did answer your initial question, I said I feel fine about it. I don't know what the face value is for those tickets but that seems like a reasonable price. This isn't about market value for me, and that's really my point. As a fan who owns tickets my priority for my seats when I can't use them is that they are occupied by a State fan. That's it. If I sell them, it's face value plus any transfer fees or whatever. It is my OPINION that as a loyal fan that that's the right way to be...I'm not trying to make money or subsidize or whatever.

Maverick
06-07-2019, 03:54 PM
I guess my point in all that is to say that there's no point in sitting on the ticket if you aren't going especially if it doesn't sell at the high price when another State fan would gladly pay double the face value to go.

What I really don't understand is the mark up on GA tickets.... You can get those all day long from the ticket office haha

Ezsoil
06-07-2019, 05:32 PM

What is shitty is these people who just want to roll up to the big games like SBW, LSU, or a regional and expect a good seat at a price that is in their mind, fair...the only way to determine what is fair is to allow the market to determine it. if people are asking too much for their tickets, they will get stuck. I don't see anyone crying about the ticket prices for the Maine and Youngstown State weekends or any of the mid week games even though season ticket holders had to pay for those games just the same as they did for this weekend.

Apoplectic
06-07-2019, 05:56 PM

commie?

Maverick
06-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Some of us live 2.5 hours away or more. I wished I could make more games but we have to pick and choose.

Randolph Dupree
06-07-2019, 06:38 PM
What is shitty is these people who just want to roll up to the big games like SBW, LSU, or a regional and expect a good seat at a price that is in their mind, fair...the only way to determine what is fair is to allow the market to determine it. if people are asking too much for their tickets, they will get stuck. I don't see anyone crying about the ticket prices for the Maine and Youngstown State weekends or any of the mid week games even though season ticket holders had to pay for those games just the same as they did for this weekend.

I paid full price for those games and didn't complain a bit. FWIW I couldn't be at the 2014 Auburn game, people were selling seats around me for $600 each. I gave my tickets to a friend and would do it again. If given the opportunity I'd buy season baseball tickets (check earlier post where I regret the decision to pass previously) and I'd do baseball the same way.

Let me be clear: I am not bitching. I can pay whatever the market demands, I understand capitalism and profit from it daily I'm just calling it like I see it.

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 06:59 PM
I see both sides here. It's certainly their ticket and they can sell it for what they want but when we talk about "packing the Dude" it's kind of hard to do that when ticket prices are inflated like they are. I don't pretend to know what season tickets cost but I do know that a $100 donation to the bulldog club gets you access to buy single game tickets early which I will be doing next year. I assume when buying season tickets you get a discounted price for buying a seat for all the games, maybe not?

With that being said all session chair backs are $60 so that's $20 a game if they play 3 and $30 if they play two. I think most people would agree they would pay $40, $60, or even $80 for a chair back which are all mark ups. Heck if I had early access this year and I only needed 2 tickets I would have thought about buying 4 and selling the other 2 for double and going for free, probably could have done that all day long. It would be nice if there was a text system or something developed to make it easy for season ticket holders to sell their tickets at a chosen inflated cost by simply replying back that they aren't going thus filling the seat with people that will go for a reasonable price. Maybe this would've helped recoup that cost a little at a time instead of all at once for a few games at the end of the year?

Again, it's their ticket to sell for what they want but it kind of defeats the purpose of State fans filling it in. I went to two games this year both of which I thought the chair backs would've been fuller. The first was the Saturday LSU game in which I sat on the Berm and had to look at all the empty chair backs that I could not buy because they were "sold out." The second was the Friday Georgia game and I got the last two chair backs from the ticket office and there were still half empty seats. That is the upsetting part, I'm sure it will be more packed for the super with not as many but still some empty seats that people would have gladly bought for a reasonable price.... If I'm wrong for feeling that way then ok, I tried to keep this short but it's something I've thought about too obviously. I remember seeing people talk about the empty seats on here early in the season too.

Trust me. Everyone of these tickets will sell. There's a market. Yes at high prices. Someone will pay it.

Maverick
06-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Trust me. Everyone of these tickets will sell. There's a market. Yes at high prices. Someone will pay it.

You’re probably right, I’ve seen them come and go especially if they are in the 120 range. I just hated seeing it empty for LSU and Georgia and not being able to find them.

Maroonthirteen
06-07-2019, 08:03 PM
commie?

Oh yeah. You got me. I wear drab clothing everyday. Except when State plays Bama in Starkvegas. Then I?m all capitalism .... with the highest Crimson bidders.

Ezsoil
06-08-2019, 08:14 AM

It's only illegal to sell above face value "on state property" ...the law was written when there wasn't an internet marketplace..it was intended to prevent the scalpers outside the gate. ... so that's the "loophole"

sandjunky
06-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Coworker sold his on stubhub for 130$ per ticket - gone within 20min of listing