PDA

View Full Version : 2020 MLB ridiculously early Mock Draft (Bleacher Report )

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2019, 01:08 AM
Maybe a Mod can bump it...I was hyping Crochet back when only Pearl River JC was interested. We could have had 3 Mock top picks in 2020

2020 MLB 1st-Round Mock Draft

1. Baltimore Orioles: Emerson Hancock, RHP, Georgia

2. Kansas City Royals: Spencer Torkelson, 1B, Arizona State

3. Toronto Blue Jays: Cole Wilcox, RHP, Georgia

4. Miami Marlins: Patrick Bailey, C, NC State

5. Seattle Mariners: Tanner Burns, RHP, Auburn

6. Detroit Tigers: Garrett Crochet, LHP, Tennessee

7. San Francisco Giants: Hugh Fisher, LHP, Vanderbilt

8. Washington Nationals: Mick Abel, RHP, Jesuit HS (OR)

9. Cincinnati Reds: J.T. Ginn, RHP, Mississippi State

10. New York Mets: Zac Veen, OF, Spruce Creek HS (FL)

11. Pittsburgh Pirates: Pete Crow-Armstrong, OF, Harvard Westlake HS (CA)

12. Los Angeles Angels: Freddy Zamora, SS, Miami

13. Chicago White Sox: Austin Martin, 2B, Vanderbilt

14. Arizona Diamondbacks: Tommy Mace, RHP, Florida

15. Cleveland Indians: Cole Henry, RHP, LSU

16. Oakland Athletics: Garrett Mitchell, OF, UCLA

17. San Diego Padres: Blaze Jordan, 1B, DeSoto HS (MS)

18. St. Louis Cardinals: Daniel Cabrera, OF, LSU

19. Boston Red Sox: Dylan Crews, OF, Lake Mary HS (FL)

20. Texas Rangers: Heston Kjerstad, OF, Arkansas

21. Colorado Rockies: Carson Montgomery, RHP, West Orange HS (FL)

22. Atlanta Braves: Jared Kelley, RHP, Refugio HS (TX)

23. Philadelphia Phillies: Reid Detmers, LHP, Louisville

24. Milwaukee Brewers: C.J. Van Eyk, RHP, Florida State

25. Chicago Cubs: Jared Jones, RHP, La Mirada HS (CA)

26. Tampa Bay Rays: Casey Martin, SS, Arkansas

27. New York Yankees: Cade Cavalli, RHP, Oklahoma

28. Houston Astros: Max Meyer, RHP, Minnesota

29. Minnesota Twins: Parker Chavers, OF, Coastal Carolina

30. Los Angeles Dodgers: Jordan Westburg, SS, Mississippi State

msstate7
06-07-2019, 06:26 AM
13 1st rounders of the sec seems high

Really Clark?
06-07-2019, 07:44 AM
13 1st rounders of the sec seems high

Well JT isn’t eligible next year to be drafted so it should only be 12...shows how much stock to put in that mock draft...ZERO

Scared_Hitless
06-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Well JT isn’t eligible next year to be drafted so it should only be 12...shows how much stock to put in that mock draft...ZERO

I thought JT was a draft eligible Sophomore due to his age.

KentuckyDawg13
06-07-2019, 07:50 AM
Since he is 20 (May 20th birthday), he would be eligible.

"Players at four-year colleges and universities are eligible three years after first enrolling in such an institution, or after their 21st birthdays (whichever occurs first). Junior and community college players are eligible to be drafted at any time."

Really Clark?
06-07-2019, 07:58 AM
I thought JT was a draft eligible Sophomore due to his age.

Thanks. Thought he was younger than the age limit

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2019, 08:16 AM
What an awful list

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Now we have to spend all of 2020 somehow convincing Blaze Jordan to come to State. Doubt it will work, but my god he'd be amazing here.

Commercecomet24
06-07-2019, 10:28 AM

Yes he is. He turns 21 so he's eligible

Really Clark?
06-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Yes he is. He turns 21 so he's eligible

Corrected in above post

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2019, 10:59 AM
What an awful list

This list is way to pitcher top heavy. They just won't go in that order.

Move the two Martins above Cole Wilcox & the list gets instantly better

msstate7
06-07-2019, 11:02 AM
What an awful list

I agree... braves should be picking #30

SandlotDawg
06-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Wonder what the motivation for Blaze to graduate early is? To go pro faster or leave room for an option to go to school and leave after two years like Ginn will most likely do?

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2019, 01:37 PM
I'd imagine it's to go pro faster. The Ginn thing is interesting. I imagine he'll want over slot value so there's probably at least a chance he could play for us. Not a great one, but a chance nonetheless

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Wonder what the motivation for Blaze to graduate early is? To go pro faster or leave room for an option to go to school and leave after two years like Ginn will most likely do?

Blaze won't have a chance to leave after year 2. He won't be 21. So it's sign out of high school or 3 years.

jacksondawg
06-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Delete

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2019, 04:28 PM

Both.

High school hitters get a pretty big bump in the draft process by being young while getting dinged for being closer to 19 or above. It's not as important for pitchers

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Blaze won't have a chance to leave after year 2. He won't be 21. So it's sign out of high school or 3 years.

He'd still have to go to MSU for 3 years but he'd be draft eligible at 20 rather than 21, which could be worth a lot of money in the long term because, if he can make to the big leagues by 22 years old, he'd be a free agent at 28 rather than 29. The difference in those two years could be worth 30 or so million dollars

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2019, 06:51 PM
He'd still have to go to MSU for 3 years but he'd be draft eligible at 20 rather than 21, which could be worth a lot of money in the long term because, if he can make to the big leagues by 22 years old, he'd be a free agent at 28 rather than 29. The difference in those two years could be worth 30 or so million dollars

What would Boras Corp tell him to do?

Todd4State
06-07-2019, 07:13 PM
What an awful list

They said it was ridiculous. At least you were warned.

What would Boras Corp tell him to do?

I hope every one of our draft risk recruits use Scott Boras from here on out. It's not foolproof. But it levels the playing field some.

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 07:23 PM

I get it. Did you see what I was responding to??? Guess not. The guy was asking about him getting drafted after two years. Which, as I said, can't happen. So...

Homedawg
06-07-2019, 07:23 PM
They said it was ridiculous. At least you were warned.

I hope every one of our draft risk recruits use Scott Boras from here on out. It's not foolproof. But it levels the playing field some.

Boras has done more harm for his amateur clients over he years than help. But I get your point.