PDA

View Full Version : So, we are losing Randa now?

AlSwearengen
06-06-2019, 06:13 PM
MS Baseball Fan on facebook is reporting this. Disappointing if it happens.

Cooterpoot
06-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Yep

Saltydog
06-06-2019, 06:46 PM
MS Baseball Fan on facebook is reporting this. Disappointing if it happens.

Lemonis inherited a treasure trove of talent but they weren't his recruits. We'll find out soon enough how good of a recruiter he really is.

timotheus
06-06-2019, 07:04 PM
10 Indiana guys were drafted. I think that's all we need to know for now.

AlSwearengen
06-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Lemonis inherited a treasure trove of talent but they weren't his recruits. We'll find out soon enough how good of a recruiter he really is.

Indiana had 10 kids drafted. Indiana. If he can get 10 kids at Indiana drafted, I like his recruiting and eye for talent. I have watched several of his post game conferences, interviews, and post game speeches with the team. He has a good sense of humor and has that demeanor that kids will respect but also like.

I have no worries about his recruiting ability. My biggest concern is overcoming Vanderbilt getting first round talent through the draft every damn year while we lose 15th rounders what seems like regularly. I guess that is part of recruiting and where he has to make us better.

preachermatt83
06-06-2019, 07:38 PM

Lol. Unreal.

Todd4State
06-06-2019, 07:47 PM
I just hope that Josh Hatcher improves defensively between now and next year. Because our OF is likely Hatcher, Rowdey, and Cumbest. Which is not bad at all but Hatcher's glove is a concern at the present.

Really the biggest thing is going to be getting the pitchers up to speed next year. We really need MacLeoud to be as good as rumored and Cerentola to make a jump and some freshmen to contribute in the bullpen pretty quickly.

Commercecomet24
06-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Lemonis is already proven as a recruiter. He built Louisville, look at the draft picks from Indiana. The man has an eye for baseball talent. He's also the reason we kept JT after the coaching change. I think he'll be ok

Todd4State
06-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Lemonis is already proven as a recruiter. He built Louisville, look at the draft picks from Indiana. The man has an eye for baseball talent. He's also the reason we kept JT after the coaching change. I think he'll be ok

Mississippi may be similar to Indiana in terms of the types of baseball players that are produced to a degree at least. Both are not huge producers of players like California, Georgia, Texas or Florida but at the same time there is a track record of producing good players. But with both of those states you have to be able to identify the raw talent and then get it to school and develop it.

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Yeah, we are rolling, let's make it seem as bad as we can. Sheesh, MSU fans suck.

Irondawg
06-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Where did Randa get drafted?

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2019, 08:58 PM
I just hope that Josh Hatcher improves defensively between now and next year. Because our OF is likely Hatcher, Rowdey, and Cumbest. Which is not bad at all but Hatcher's glove is a concern at the present.

Really the biggest thing is going to be getting the pitchers up to speed next year. We really need MacLeoud to be as good as rumored and Cerentola to make a jump and some freshmen to contribute in the bullpen pretty quickly.

Idk if Cumbest will be able to hit his potential in either sport if he keeps on playing both. Its just tough to do

AlSwearengen
06-06-2019, 09:10 PM

My thoughts as well. I am ok with Cumbest in right field, but I don’t know about left. No way can Hatcher play left unless he is one of those kids that is just more comfortable there than right field (i doubt that is the case though).

Things just got really interesting with our outfield.

Homedawg
06-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Hell we don't even know how good Cannizzaro was recruiting. This team is 75 percent Cohen. Of players who contribute at least.

Homedawg
06-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Lol. Unreal.

I don't think his statement was unfair. But I think he's shown he can based on the commits we are getting. Only Dawg61 bitches about them.

MarketingBully
06-06-2019, 11:07 PM
Mississippi may be similar to Indiana in terms of the types of baseball players that are produced to a degree at least. Both are not huge producers of players like California, Georgia, Texas or Florida but at the same time there is a track record of producing good players. But with both of those states you have to be able to identify the raw talent and then get it to school and develop it.

We also have other options in the outfield aside from Hatcher. Cumbest and Jordan are two great outfielders we can utilize. How about Williams in the outfield? Isn’t he a future CF? It’s also not a given Randa would have hit SEC pitching. Look at Halter this year. He lowered his stock and was a similar JUCO type guy. We will be fine imo.

Homedawg
06-06-2019, 11:22 PM
We also have other options in the outfield aside from Hatcher. Cumbest and Jordan are two great outfielders we can utilize. How about Williams in the outfield? Isn’t he a future CF? It’s also not a given Randa would have hit SEC pitching. Look at Halter this year. He lowered his stock and was a similar JUCO type guy. We will be fine imo.

Williams is gone. Was never going to play here.

Homedawg
06-06-2019, 11:26 PM
Williams is gone. Was never going to play here.

We will see on the incoming tr freshmen. Tough adjustment. But I doubt anyone thought Rowdey would come in here and play like he did as a tr fr.

deadheaddawg
06-07-2019, 12:31 AM
Can we just fire everyone? This is the mentality that has kept us from winning a championship. Do not tolerate bad recruiting news!

Offices should be cleaned out!

whosyourdawgy
06-07-2019, 04:45 AM
He is SALTYdog

yjnkdawg
06-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Oh No!! The sky is now falling on our baseball program. Well at least that gives our football program time to hopefully recover when the sky was allegedly falling on it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6MbbfNYA1LYV9uuY/giphy.gif

MarketingBully
06-07-2019, 08:03 AM
10 Indiana guys were drafted. I think that's all we need to know for now.

Yep. Exactly. This is all we need to know. That and he practically built the Louisville program.

Saltydog
06-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Lol. Unreal.

You're not 49-13 without talent and a lot of it. Nobody is that damn lucky. 10 players drafted. Yeah, he inherited some outstanding talent.

I like Lemonis and thinks he's done a wonderful job. Again, his reputation is that of a great recruiter, and I hope he is.

basedog
06-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Good to Great Coaches all have one thing in common, a good staff. Yes it starts with the HC, players but the assistants do the majority of the work. I see Lemonis as a good to great coach, I'm not worried about him, things recruits say about him are very positive, that is a fact.

MarketingBully
06-07-2019, 11:42 AM
You're not 49-13 without talent and a lot of it. Nobody is that damn lucky. 10 players drafted. Yeah, he inherited some outstanding talent.

I like Lemonis and thinks he's done a wonderful job. Again, his reputation is that of a great recruiter, and I hope he is.

He is. What more does he have to show you? Was head recruiter and hitting coach for all of his years at Louisville and Indiana just had 10 guys drafted. He’s an outstanding recruiter.

MetEdDawg
06-07-2019, 01:26 PM
People are going to be upset with him losing 3-4 high school kids this year. That's not fair to him because at the end of the day you have families that have to make financial decisions. When you can't give full scholarships you can't really do much when a kid says "we can't really afford college on a 20% scholarship and an MLB team offered me 200K".

That's just the way it is some years. Sometimes it's 1 kid. Sometimes it's 4. You have to recruit talented kids to compete and this will happen. Lemonis will sell the program and the potential. Ginn is on campus because of that. But sometimes you can't compete with money and whether we like it or not, 200K to a kid and his family now and instant professionalism is more important than what the future may hold going to college.

There are zero guarantees at MSU or any other college. We forget that sometimes. There's a lot of success stories. A lot. But every kid and family and situation is different and previous success from one kid doesn't guarantee future success for another. Lemonis and the program will be fine however these play out.

AROB44
06-07-2019, 01:39 PM
That $200,000 is before taxes.....

AlSwearengen
06-07-2019, 02:37 PM
People are going to be upset with him losing 3-4 high school kids this year. That's not fair to him because at the end of the day you have families that have to make financial decisions. When you can't give full scholarships you can't really do much when a kid says "we can't really afford college on a 20% scholarship and an MLB team offered me 200K".

That's just the way it is some years. Sometimes it's 1 kid. Sometimes it's 4. You have to recruit talented kids to compete and this will happen. Lemonis will sell the program and the potential. Ginn is on campus because of that. But sometimes you can't compete with money and whether we like it or not, 200K to a kid and his family now and instant professionalism is more important than what the future may hold going to college.

There are zero guarantees at MSU or any other college. We forget that sometimes. There's a lot of success stories. A lot. But every kid and family and situation is different and previous success from one kid doesn't guarantee future success for another. Lemonis and the program will be fine however these play out.

good points. Which makes MS an even trickier state to recruit in. I remember Bruce Castoria advocating a few years ago that we should recruit the northeast more b/c of several factors, one being that out of state tuition in MS is cheaper than the instate tuition at most universities up there. That might be a good work around.