PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Giles potentially transferring from LSU

msstate7
06-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Didn't do much last season at LSU, but had 69 catches 1158 yds 13 tds sophomore year at Texas tech. Please tell me we will go after him hard

Doggie_Style
06-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Didn't do much last season at LSU, but had 69 catches 1158 yds 13 tds sophomore year at Texas tech. Please tell me we will go after him hard

I believe we are currently at 85. No room unless we bump somebody.

msstate7
06-06-2019, 04:55 PM
I believe we are currently at 85. No room unless we bump somebody.

Then bump someone if we can get Giles

Ifyouonlyknew
06-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Then bump someone if we can get Giles

It's a little late in the game to bump someone off the team. I don't expect us to pursue him.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Meanwhile, LSU acquires another scholarship to offer a recruit we want.

Rick Danko
06-06-2019, 05:24 PM
I don?t think it?s fair for my fat ass to call out players who are more athletic than I?ll ever dream of being, but you cannot tell me there isn?t some damn clipboard holder you can?t tell to move on to bring in a player of this caliber at a position of need.

msstate7
06-06-2019, 05:26 PM
I don?t think it?s fair for my fat ass to call out players who are more athletic than I?ll ever dream of being, but you cannot tell me there isn?t some damn clipboard holder you can?t tell to move on to bring in a player of this caliber at a position of need.

Don't we have 2 punters on scholarship this year?

Todd4State
06-06-2019, 05:28 PM

This.

We're way too nice to our players sometimes to the detriment of the entire program.

HoopsDawg
06-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Don't we have 2 punters on scholarship this year?

Yes we do. We have a bunch of TE's too. Go after this kid please JoMo.

cuspid
06-06-2019, 06:35 PM
This.

We're way too nice to our players sometimes to the detriment of the entire program.

Don?t we have some in the transfer portal that haven?t made their mind up? Give him their spot

Ifyouonlyknew
06-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Don?t we have some in the transfer portal that haven?t made their mind up? Give him their spot

They don't have spots

BiscuitEater
06-06-2019, 07:45 PM
It's a little late in the game to bump someone off the team. I don't expect us to pursue him.

Actually, it's not. Teams have to be at 85 when fall officially starts. There is no way someone won't leave before then. Heck, not all signees have been cleared foe summer.

Uncle Ruckus
06-07-2019, 07:29 AM
This is an absolutely ridiculous statement based entirely off your opinion. Please, get us actual evidence where we are “way too nice to our players to the detriment of the entire program”. After typing that out, I honestly don’t even know what the f that statement even means

yjnkdawg
06-07-2019, 08:04 AM
This.

If you were one of our player and you were told this late that you need to pursue your college football career some where else, then I imagine that you may see things from a different perspective.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2019, 08:12 AM
Actually, it's not. Teams have to be at 85 when fall officially starts. There is no way someone won't leave before then. Heck, not all signees have been cleared foe summer.

I think IYOK meant from a realistic and fair standpoint that it was unfair to tell one of our players to look for another school this close to college football season beginning. Some on here just don't get it though.

Johnson85
06-07-2019, 08:41 AM
I think IYOK meant from a realistic and fair standpoint that it was unfair to tell one of our players to look for another school this close to college football season beginning. Some on here just don't get it though.

Ignoring the fairness issue, at what point do players on scholarship have their scholarship guaranteed for the next year? I assume you can't pull a player's scholarship mid semester. I would think you can't pull it once they have attended the first class. i would hope there is a time before class starts that the scholarship can't be pulled, and it wouldn't surprise me if players' on scholarship are already guaratneed their scholarship for the semester starting in August.

mparkerfd20
06-07-2019, 09:42 AM
If you were one of our player and you were told this late that you need to pursue your college football career some where else, then I imagine that you may see things from a different perspective.

He doesn't care, I don't care and you shouldn't either. Yes, it sux, but it's a free ride. If someone else more deserves your FREE ride, then more power to them. Would it suck? Would it seem unfair. Absolutely, but football is a multi-million dollar industry. Feelings of an under-performer or less talented personnel should weigh VERY lightly on the decision.

dawgs
06-07-2019, 10:17 AM
He doesn't care, I don't care and you shouldn't either. Yes, it sux, but it's a free ride. If someone else more deserves your FREE ride, then more power to them. Would it suck? Would it seem unfair. Absolutely, but football is a multi-million dollar industry. Feelings of an under-performer or less talented personnel should weigh VERY lightly on the decision.

I thought this was an amateur sport? At least that's what I'm told when it comes to paying players.

mparkerfd20
06-07-2019, 01:11 PM
I thought this was an amateur sport? At least that's what I'm told when it comes to paying players.

Who are we kidding though? Amateur sport that generates MILLIONS of dollars. We should pay players too.